2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:probably a good idea to move this to members only forum it's not fair to anyone

this

mods, please move this thread to the portion of the nexus where all those fsu aftermath posts were relocated to.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:probably a good idea to move this to members only forum it's not fair to anyone

this

Sorry. It took me awhile to find my jacket and put it on so I could take appropriate action.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Did we really have our first delete "because recruits and players read these boards" moment? My... how far we've come.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Did we really have our first delete "because recruits and players read these boards" moment? My... how far we've come.

no its because if they didnt delete it you wouldn't be able to claim that you said it first should the moment in question occur
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Did we really have our first delete "because recruits and players read these boards" moment? My... how far we've come.

We know they do. RU just had an incident recently where a recruit directly mentioned a negative remark by a poster on his Twitter.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

We know they do. RU just had an incident recently where a recruit directly mentioned a negative remark by a poster on his Twitter.

Remember Max Ricci and his fat dad?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:58 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

When you Google "Max Ricci," this is the third listing:

cvilleaidsfaxxot {l Wrote}:(Actually I have no reason to believe that he's left school, just the football team, but I wanted to make a "Max Ricci is fat" joke.)
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm

what the hell did you assholes do now?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what the hell did you assholes do now?

You missed it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StayBlessed on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Looks like DB Torres committed to BC...

http://sports.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/f ... res-165159
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

max was fat. his dad was a line-cutting asshole
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:51 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Did he call out HomoJS by name or was it just a general statement?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:17 pm

StayBlessed {l Wrote}:Looks like DB Torres committed to BC...

http://sports.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/f ... res-165159
He's been committed for months. There was some question as to whether he'd qualify academically but it appears he will now.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:28 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

max was fat. his dad was a line-cutting asshole

I assumed his dad was also fat. How else do you get that size?

FYI, Max's twitter name is "MassiveMax"
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:51 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

no its because if they didnt delete it you wouldn't be able to claim that you said it first should the moment in question occur

Do we even have any junior on this team? Wofford, Daniels, Giacone?

P.s. Whatever happened to Frank Taylor? I remember during his recruiting he was supposed to be a big time player..

P.p.s. You know time flies when you look at the roster and find out a guy is a senior when it seems like just yesterday you were praying Penn State or some other factory wouldn't poach the guy before signing day.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

P.s. Whatever happened to Frank Taylor? I remember during his recruiting he was supposed to be a big time player..

P.p.s. You know time flies when you look at the roster and find out a guy is a senior when it seems like just yesterday you were praying Penn State or some other factory wouldn't poach the guy before signing day.

Taylor will most likely be our C next season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Great question; i was actually looking at this after the game on Saturday. the notable seniors on next year's team: Swigert, Crimmins, Dudeck, Simmons,Wolford, Frank Taylor, Cashman, Malachi Moore, Giacone. there are probably a few "seniors" on the roster right now that have another year of eligibility for whatever reason.

Taylor has been listed as the backup C all year behind Gallik. i'd imagine he's our starting C next year.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

That class had a lot of attrition. It was Spaz's last full class and he was underrecruiting and the best recruiters (Day, Brock, Sirmans) left. Spaz resorted to offering scholarships after signing day to kids who didn't even want to play football like Craan.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:With Barrett playing so well do you think there is any chance Braxton Miller leaves OSU as a 5th year?

Based on nothing whatsoever, yes. I think it's highly likely and would be excellent for all parties involved. In fact, I'm sure Urban politely recommends playing for Daz to Braxton, given their history together. Very natural fit.

:screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Miller would land here. He is the perfect QB for this offense

Rumor, which means please completely ignore and apologies to anyone that hates these kinds of posts, but it is what it is: Someone with Oregon "insider info" reporting that Urban told Braxton that they're going with Barrett next year. Braxton has reached out to Oregon and Scott Frost went out to Ohio to visit with Braxton during Oregon's bye week.

Feel free to go on with your lives.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:With Barrett playing so well do you think there is any chance Braxton Miller leaves OSU as a 5th year?

Based on nothing whatsoever, yes. I think it's highly likely and would be excellent for all parties involved. In fact, I'm sure Urban politely recommends playing for Daz to Braxton, given their history together. Very natural fit.

:screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Miller would land here. He is the perfect QB for this offense

Rumor, which means please completely ignore and apologies to anyone that hates these kinds of posts, but it is what it is: Someone with Oregon "insider info" reporting that Urban told Braxton that they're going with Barrett next year. Braxton has reached out to Oregon and Scott Frost went out to Ohio to visit with Braxton during Oregon's bye week.

Feel free to go on with your lives.

Do you want me to delete this? Seems like it could cause a stir.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.

Per the Rivals guy, Wilkins, Shelton-Mosley & Crawford.

Just like that, he's going to Harvard.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.

Per the Rivals guy, Wilkins, Shelton-Mosley & Crawford.

Just like that, he's going to Harvard.

Hard to turn down a Harvard education, but why not go to Cal and play in a real league, unless you know you have no desire to go pro.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:46 am

“@Tedescau: Addazio says the coaches are going to review the film early tomorrow and then hit the road recruiting as hard as they can...Added that the next two weeks are some of the most important for recruiting and just building the program.”

So Wilkins & wait for coaches to be fired?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:“@Tedescau: Addazio says the coaches are going to review the film early tomorrow and then hit the road recruiting as hard as they can...Added that the next two weeks are some of the most important for recruiting and just building the program.”

Also hittin the 2016 class maybe.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:“@Tedescau: Addazio says the coaches are going to review the film early tomorrow and then hit the road recruiting as hard as they can...Added that the next two weeks are some of the most important for recruiting and just building the program.”

I wonder if the back to back 5-7 seasons coming off Northwestern's 10 win high in '12 will leave Zach Allen and Joe Gazianno with second thoughts.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I wonder if the back to back 5-7 seasons coming off Northwestern's 10 win high in '02 will leave Zach Allen and Joe Gazianno with second thoughts.

I havent heard anything in regards to Gaziano, but I know for a fact Addazio was personally in Fairfield, CT for New Cannan's game at FFLD Ludlowe a few months ago, so they are still actively recruiting him.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:43 pm

BC visits Wilkins tomorrow (Tuesday 12/2). Stanford in today, Clemson Thursday per EA and TGOSB
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:BC visits Wilkins tomorrow (Tuesday 12/2). Stanford in today, Clemson Thursday per EA and TGOSB

fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. we snagged Hilliman late in the process last year, hoping we can go 2 for 2 and land Wilkins this year. he is the biggest fish left. come on Addazio & Co!
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 pm

FWIW, PSU offered a Rutgers DT commit after having Wilkins in for an official this weekend.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:FWIW, PSU offered a Rutgers DT commit after having Wilkins in for an official this weekend.

I believe they also offered Austrian Robinson from Trinity Pawling fairly recently (these offers could be coming regardless of Wilkins situation as I believe they had a DL decommitment within last few weeks).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium