2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:19 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:TGOSB has run out of shit to talk about so he has been releasing various top 10 lists on twitter for different things. His most recent one, Top 10 most surprising recruiting teams this cycle, he just listed BC #5 (with 6-10 consisting of UNC, TCU, UMD, Wiscy, and WVU)

CONTENT for eight bucks a month!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:43 pm

CB Ezra Robinson transfer from Mich St.

Wonder if we'd be interested
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 am

Apparently Jordan Allen committed to Fordham.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby QuailMan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 am

31southst {l Wrote}:Apparently Jordan Allen committed to Fordham.

Great. That's a good sign for the rest of the class
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:35 am

From his coach:
I think (Smith) committed while he was out there (at BC). He had gone to camp with a couple of our other kids. Kevin had said there was a guy there, I can't remember where from, but he had been offered by a number of SEC schools. He was trying to block Ray and Ray was just running by him. That's when their defensive line coach was like, 'I want him right now

Wonder who the SEC offered kid was?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby joesim on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

From his coach:
I think (Smith) committed while he was out there (at BC). He had gone to camp with a couple of our other kids. Kevin had said there was a guy there, I can't remember where from, but he had been offered by a number of SEC schools. He was trying to block Ray and Ray was just running by him. That's when their defensive line coach was like, 'I want him right now

It might mean jack shit but the kid did grade out fairly well on ESPN's recruiting site
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby myles kennefick on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Probably Palazollo or Knofpke
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby bcbasketball20 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:45 pm

do u guys like this class?

happy or not about it.......
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 pm

it's decent.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby QuailMan on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:00 pm

bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:do u guys like this class?

It's alright. It could be great with a couple of highly touted prospects. Wish we were still in on the rb from Texas Devine O
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:

It's alright. It could be great with a couple of highly touted prospects. Wish we were still in on the rb from Texas Devine O

They've got so many athletes in there I think its hard to evaluate.

It's missing a couple of headliner type kids.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 am

QuailMan {l Wrote}:

This... however I don't think the RB from Texas is one of the more highly touted prospects that would improve this class much.

He seems like someone who has been playing the recruiting game to drum-up interest... but it hasn't worked. He publicly pushed for an offer from BC (citing his time living in Boston) and at one point claimed a damn good offer list. However, his pairing down of said list to Iowa, Iowa State and Boise (sans Chris Pederson) means that he didn't have anywhere near the offers he claimed.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby QuailMan on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

This... however I don't think the RB from Texas is one of the more highly touted prospects that would improve this class much.

He seems like someone who has been playing the recruiting game to drum-up interest... but it hasn't worked. He publicly pushed for an offer from BC (citing his time living in Boston) and at one point claimed a damn good offer list. However, his pairing down of said list to Iowa, Iowa State and Boise (sans Chris Pederson) means that he didn't have anywhere near the offers he claimed.

My eyes lead me to believe you are wrong
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

My eyes lead me to believe you are wrong

Got my laugh of the day, thanks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:35 pm

This class, as it currently stands, is not as top heavy as some of our better classes, but its definitely a lot deeper with quality players than we've had in a LONG time (if ever). There's very few (if any) legit fliers, and honestly that's more important right now than anything. The program that the Dazzler inherited was/is a baron wasteland with a handful of guys who belong at the ACC level. Get me 40 guys who actually belong on the field first and then worry about finding studs.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 pm

DT Christian Wilkins would be a major, albeit unlikely, recruit who would really open some eyes in the recruiting world.
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:This class, as it currently stands, is not as top heavy as some of our better classes, but its definitely a lot deeper with quality players than we've had in a LONG time (if ever). There's very few (if any) legit fliers, and honestly that's more important right now than anything. The program that the Dazzler inherited was/is a baron wasteland with a handful of guys who belong at the ACC level. Get me 40 guys who actually belong on the field first and then worry about finding studs.

This. Daz' first two full classes are, in my view, an attempt to completely revamp the roster top to bottom. He is trying to establish, as quickly as possible, a functional 2 deep. To use a hockey analogy, he is looking to roll 4 lines and 3 defense pairs.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:05 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:This class, as it currently stands, is not as top heavy as some of our better classes, but its definitely a lot deeper with quality players than we've had in a LONG time (if ever). There's very few (if any) legit fliers, and honestly that's more important right now than anything. The program that the Dazzler inherited was/is a baron wasteland with a handful of guys who belong at the ACC level. Get me 40 guys who actually belong on the field first and then worry about finding studs.

This. Daz' first two full classes are, in my view, an attempt to completely revamp the roster top to bottom. He is trying to establish, as quickly as possible, a functional 2 deep. To use a hockey analogy, he is looking to roll 4 lines and 3 defense pairs.

Not just revamp, restock. I would note that he did land some decent skill position players in the process, although I agree that the main goal was to build depth.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:40 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:DT Christian Wilkins would be a major, albeit unlikely, recruit who would really open some eyes in the recruiting world.

He keeps getting brought on the recruiting sites (article today with him on cover as well as an article on Palazzolo - says he is targeting another major recruit, I assume its Wilkins since they both play in CT and are from area). I wonder if BC has a legit shot with him. His recruiting process has been fairly quiet
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:DT Christian Wilkins would be a major, albeit unlikely, recruit who would really open some eyes in the recruiting world.

He keeps getting brought on the recruiting sites (article today with him on cover as well as an article on Palazzolo - says he is targeting another major recruit, I assume its Wilkins since they both play in CT and are from area). I wonder if BC has a legit shot with him. His recruiting process has been fairly quiet

That is who Palazzolo is targeting. I think we have a real shot with him but no one really knows where he's leaning. I guess it depends if he wants to stay close to home vs. go to a factory. I do get the sense we'll be in it until the end and he will likely take all 5 visits.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 pm

As a Catholic school, I really don't think we should be recruiting Pazuzu.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:10 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:As a Catholic school, I really don't think we should be recruiting Pazuzu.

Thats going really obscure.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:53 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:As a Catholic school, I really don't think we should be recruiting Pazuzu.

The Exorcist?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The Exorcist?

Yup. Could be worse, we could be at Georgetown.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:40 am

As of today ranked #22 on the Rivals top 25. This is mostly a result of quantity, but credit goes for getting this many commits by July. No real standouts, but no real fliers either.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Per 247 ...

Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances 2015 cornerback Justice Pettus-Dixon could be closing in on a college decision according to his assistant coach Cory Robinson.
"He’ll be a steal for somebody," Robinson said. "Right now his big two is Boston College or Connecticut and he may commit in the next couple weeks.
"He’s really turning it up. He’s a guy I’m marking as a nickel back right away. As his career develops he can move outside or move to strong safety because he’s so physical."

Cincinnati, NC State, Oregon State have all offered accoring to rivals and 247

http://247sports.com/Player/Justice-Pettus-Dixon-38152

On a side note, a number of the 247 guys changed their pick for Jake Pickard to UVA (coincidentally right after he visited - who knows he may end up there, but to see the way the prediction feature moves is a joke, what a worthless feature it has become)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:18 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Per 247 ...

Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances 2015 cornerback Justice Pettus-Dixon could be closing in on a college decision according to his assistant coach Cory Robinson.
"He’ll be a steal for somebody," Robinson said. "Right now his big two is Boston College or Connecticut and he may commit in the next couple weeks.
"He’s really turning it up. He’s a guy I’m marking as a nickel back right away. As his career develops he can move outside or move to strong safety because he’s so physical."

On a side note, a number of the 247 guys changed their pick for Jake Pickard to UVA (coincidentally right after he visited - who knows he may end up there, but to see the way the prediction feature moves is a joke, what a worthless feature it has become)

with apologies if already posted, TGOSB says that Pickard doesn't have a committable offer from BC or most of his other listed offers for that matter.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Us or UConn? This is a pretty easy decision. If anyone chose UConn it would just be proof he couldnt get past BC admissions.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Buttercup on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:24 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Us or UConn? This is a pretty easy decision. If anyone chose UConn it would just be proof he couldnt get past BC admissions.

Never heard of him... kind of doubt he has a BC offer, as he has never really been mentioned by TOS. UConn's page has a story on him though.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 am

Buttercup {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Never heard of him... kind of doubt he has a BC offer, as he has never really been mentioned by TOS. UConn's page has a story on him though.

TOS is agreeing and saying he likely doesn't have a BC offer.
31southst
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium