Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 am

hansen wrote:I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...


What sparked the change?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 555

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 am

Is it the Dazzler
or
GDF & Spazoo gone
or
Both?
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:05 pm
Karma: -10

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm

ATLeagle wrote:
hansen wrote:I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...


What sparked the change?


hansen found out he has a little greek in him
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20641
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:30 pm

ATLeagle wrote:
hansen wrote:I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...


What sparked the change?


in HomoJS fashion, i wanted to be able to tell everyone "i told you so" when we make a bowl this year... :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 259

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 pm

hansen wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
hansen wrote:I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...


What sparked the change?


in HomoJS fashion, i wanted to be able to tell everyone "i told you so" when we make a bowl this year... :shrug


lets hope you are right
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16125
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -674

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.
7-6
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 217

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.


Yeah, I was going to say, "I'll get over it"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30431
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2431

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.


pfft... that guy. just tell him "hey, nice penis" and he'll run away faster than a mormon at an open bar
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20641
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 pm

I will be gracious to all who jump on the A train
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 312

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.


Now you have the same ability to see the future as I did - welcome to A - nation

:chewbanka :chewbanka :banana :chewbanka :chewbanka :pepper2
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 312

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -152

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

MF73-Eleazar wrote:I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.


I'm thinking he'll recruit good enough talent that he'll easily and consistently get to a bowl game playing in our shitty conference regardless of his gameday playcalling.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 259

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm

shut up vegetable licker
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2897

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I will admit I was wrong when A) the football team shows improvement this coming season and gives us a positive outlook for the future, and B) Daz does a good job recruiting and puts together a solid class.

It seems like ancient history, but Spaz had a decent first season and a decent recruiting class. We all know how that turned out. With that said, I am much more optimistic now than I was when The Dazzler was first named HC.
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 288

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby Iggle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 pm

RegalBCeagle wrote:I will admit I was wrong when A) the football team shows improvement this coming season and gives us a positive outlook for the future, and B) Daz does a good job recruiting and puts together a solid class.

It seems like ancient history, but Spaz had a decent first season and a decent recruiting class. We all know how that turned out. With that said, I am much more optimistic now than I was when The Dazzler was first named HC.


It's pretty crazy when you about BC of 2008 compared to BC of 2012. Spaz was recruiting to a school coming off of back-to-back ACCCG appearances, 3 first round picks in 2 years, 6 straight years of beating Notre Dame. Everything else was in place, too - basketball had their last tourney appearance in 2008 and beat ranked Duke and UNC... Hockey was only a year removed from a championship. The whole perception of BC in the "mainstream" was so different. The Dazzler has a much tougher product to sell now, which is why I'm very impressed with the recruiting so far. Still a lot left to be determined, though.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Karma: 126

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 pm

hansen wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.


I'm thinking he'll recruit good enough talent that he'll easily and consistently get to a bowl game playing in our shitty conference regardless of his gameday playcalling.


your lips to Coughlin's ears.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -152

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby mod6A on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

starting to feel like 10 and 2 season around here.

i like it

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 343

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie?) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

So far we have:

* Pedro
* Claver with a tepid Amen
* Vegas
* westcoastBernie
* Teddy cautiously on board
* Matt the Eagle
* Hansen (Ithink)
* TRE - kinda no? " i am okay with frank addazio. i am NOT okay with his retread assistant coaches. i view the latter as his downfall. all that said, i hope i am wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm right"
* Sweet Dee "Addazio hire growing on her"

Who's next on-board? If it's you - Testify and give AMEN!!

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!

One of the original posts to quell the lynch mob from December 5 below. Partial explanation of why Addazio is a better hire now than he would have been immediately after the FLA national title below

NotoriousOrange wrote:To my lynch mob of fellow posters - (beside the rational ones like Teddy, Pedro and the under rated Matt the Eagle) - who have tried to out do each other in hysteria and hyperbole. Take a deep breath we can get through this together. This will be a strong hire.

Let's take a rational look at what has transpired since HJS declared not hiring him for BC an epic disaster.

2009/2010 in Gainsville Florida Urban Meyer announces retirement - he waffles and says he will take an indefinite leave of absence - right in the middle of recruiting season.

Florida AD who has 5 years of experience with the staff names Addazio Head Coach - effective until when and if Urban Meyer returns.

Do you think Saban, Spurrier, Myles, Mullen, Kiffen etc. may have mentioned Meyer's and the program's issues to recruits? Despite the coaching uncertainty and FUD factor spread by competing programs. Florida/Addazio brings in the #1 recruiting class in the country. Addazio named number #1 recruiter in the nation

Meyer comes back - Brantley sucks - Florida slips to 8-5. Meyer retires.

Muschamp comes in and saves the day?

No! Florida slips further to 7-5 and the Fla offense slips to #9 in the SEC (Addazio probably wasn't the sole problem that Fla fans made him out to be)

Year 1 at Temple Addazio picks up in the middle of Temple recruiting and closes Golden's recruits despite Golden flying south. Temple has #1 class in the MAC - Temple loses Muhammad Wilkerson to the Jets in the first round and a safety in the 2nd round prior to the season. Despite the losses Temple goes 9 wins - 4 losses, Best since 1979 and the only Bowl win in Temple history

Year 2 at Temple - Temple is ranked the best recruiting class in the MAC. They move to the Big East and slip to 4-7 while playing 12-14 freshman major minutes. Temple exceeds all pre-season predictions.

The people who know him best

After Addazio named interim coach Quarterback Tim Tebow estimated that the booming tribute lasted three to four minutes, perhaps the longest ovation he had been part of.

“He’s got the best leadership qualities of any coach we have on the team,” Tebow said. “He can inspire, motivate and drive people like not many people I’ve been around. I’m so excited and proud for Coach Addazio.”


Urban Meyer "Addazio is the coach who I think is most like me"

I think most rationale people would conclude his experiences over the last 3 years would make him a better coach for BC now than he would have been 3 years ago. He has the interim HC experience at FLA - He has 2 years at Temple - He is no longer a rookie HC

Spaz had no energy - Addazio has an abundance
Spaz stopped working hard - Adazzio will outwork any BC coach since Coughlin
Addazio give the program better visibility in Boston
Addazio will be the best recruiter in my BC lifetime

I think if I am choosing mob leaders I would go with Urban Meyer over HJS 2012 version (who was with Addazio - before he was violently against him) - but maybe that is just me.
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 312

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm

NotoriousOrange wrote:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?


i'm hedging

lets wait and see this season.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16125
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -674

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?


i'm hedging

lets wait and see this season.


lame.

you don't get to watch the result and then predict what has happened. make an assertion one way or the other. what's the worst that can happen, you'll be wrong? as long as homojs is here, we'll all be wrong so just make a selection.

or, be a wishy washy pussywimp and find yourself banned, mega-murt style
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20641
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

NotoriousOrange wrote:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie?) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

So far we have:

* Pedro
* Claver with a tepid Amen
* Vegas
* westcoastBernie
* Teddy cautiously on board
* Matt the Eagle
* Hansen (Ithink)
* TRE - kinda no? " i am okay with frank addazio. i am NOT okay with his retread assistant coaches. i view the latter as his downfall. all that said, i hope i am wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm right"
* Sweet Dee "Addazio hire growing on her"

Who's next on-board? If it's you - Testify and give AMEN!!

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!

One of the original posts to quell the lynch mob from December 5 below. Partial explanation of why Addazio is a better hire now than he would have been immediately after the FLA national title below

NotoriousOrange wrote:To my lynch mob of fellow posters - (beside the rational ones like Teddy, Pedro and the under rated Matt the Eagle) - who have tried to out do each other in hysteria and hyperbole. Take a deep breath we can get through this together. This will be a strong hire.

Let's take a rational look at what has transpired since HJS declared not hiring him for BC an epic disaster.

2009/2010 in Gainsville Florida Urban Meyer announces retirement - he waffles and says he will take an indefinite leave of absence - right in the middle of recruiting season.

Florida AD who has 5 years of experience with the staff names Addazio Head Coach - effective until when and if Urban Meyer returns.

Do you think Saban, Spurrier, Myles, Mullen, Kiffen etc. may have mentioned Meyer's and the program's issues to recruits? Despite the coaching uncertainty and FUD factor spread by competing programs. Florida/Addazio brings in the #1 recruiting class in the country. Addazio named number #1 recruiter in the nation

Meyer comes back - Brantley sucks - Florida slips to 8-5. Meyer retires.

Muschamp comes in and saves the day?

No! Florida slips further to 7-5 and the Fla offense slips to #9 in the SEC (Addazio probably wasn't the sole problem that Fla fans made him out to be)

Year 1 at Temple Addazio picks up in the middle of Temple recruiting and closes Golden's recruits despite Golden flying south. Temple has #1 class in the MAC - Temple loses Muhammad Wilkerson to the Jets in the first round and a safety in the 2nd round prior to the season. Despite the losses Temple goes 9 wins - 4 losses, Best since 1979 and the only Bowl win in Temple history

Year 2 at Temple - Temple is ranked the best recruiting class in the MAC. They move to the Big East and slip to 4-7 while playing 12-14 freshman major minutes. Temple exceeds all pre-season predictions.

The people who know him best

After Addazio named interim coach Quarterback Tim Tebow estimated that the booming tribute lasted three to four minutes, perhaps the longest ovation he had been part of.

“He’s got the best leadership qualities of any coach we have on the team,” Tebow said. “He can inspire, motivate and drive people like not many people I’ve been around. I’m so excited and proud for Coach Addazio.”


Urban Meyer "Addazio is the coach who I think is most like me"

I think most rationale people would conclude his experiences over the last 3 years would make him a better coach for BC now than he would have been 3 years ago. He has the interim HC experience at FLA - He has 2 years at Temple - He is no longer a rookie HC

Spaz had no energy - Addazio has an abundance
Spaz stopped working hard - Adazzio will outwork any BC coach since Coughlin
Addazio give the program better visibility in Boston
Addazio will be the best recruiter in my BC lifetime

I think if I am choosing mob leaders I would go with Urban Meyer over HJS 2012 version (who was with Addazio - before he was violently against him) - but maybe that is just me.


Hansen's on board the Addazio Train
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12935&start=30#p341124

p.s. to me, the term "great hire" implies BCS bowl game... i'm not at that level of commitment yet
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 259

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm

It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2897

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.


link?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 259

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?


i'm hedging

lets wait and see this season.


lame.

you don't get to watch the result and then predict what has happened. make an assertion one way or the other. what's the worst that can happen, you'll be wrong? as long as homojs is here, we'll all be wrong so just make a selection.

or, be a wishy washy pussywimp and find yourself banned, mega-murt style


tre, i think what it is, is we've been here before and (well) we all have a little wisdom here

i was burned putting some (any) faith in spaz. i believe in promoting from within. i think that is the right thing to do, particularly when the person you are promoting was at the top of his field (the way spaz was with his outstanding defenses.) in that sense, i was totally behind the spaz promotion (wanted it for him in 2007.) as it turns out, the promotion was an epic disaster for boston college football

so, i'm hedging

i'm not going to come back and say (at the end of the 10-2 or the 2-10 seasons) "...i told you so..." i'm not going to do that. i just want to wait and see. i love bc football much too much to get my heart broken yet again hoping against hope for a stellar season. i'm jaded tre
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16125
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -674

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

hansen wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.


link?


http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges/post/_/id/3346/addazio-looking-for-winning-attitude

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2897

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:18 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
hansen wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.


link?


http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges/post/_/id/3346/addazio-looking-for-winning-attitude

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1
homohumpathon - 0
fagtagging - 0
Enjoy! - 5
Content - 2
retractable - 0
Toblunders - 0
Rettigun - 0
Spazoo - 0
Asscancer - 0
Leah-hoo - 0


I updated the list.
User avatar
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Marblehood, Marblehood...always up to no good
Karma: 201

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?


i'm hedging

lets wait and see this season.


lame.

you don't get to watch the result and then predict what has happened. make an assertion one way or the other. what's the worst that can happen, you'll be wrong? as long as homojs is here, we'll all be wrong so just make a selection.

or, be a wishy washy pussywimp and find yourself banned, mega-murt style


tre, i think what it is, is we've been here before and (well) we all have a little wisdom here

i was burned putting some (any) faith in spaz. i believe in promoting from within. i think that is the right thing to do, particularly when the person you are promoting was at the top of his field (the way spaz was with his outstanding defenses.) in that sense, i was totally behind the spaz promotion (wanted it for him in 2007.) as it turns out, the promotion was an epic disaster for boston college football

so, i'm hedging

i'm not going to come back and say (at the end of the 10-2 or the 2-10 seasons) "...i told you so..." i'm not going to do that. i just want to wait and see. i love bc football much too much to get my heart broken yet again hoping against hope for a stellar season. i'm jaded tre

well then say that you think daz is going to suck but you hope that he doesn't.

we're posting opinions (in between pictures of building spurting semen) so it's not like we're performing rocket surgery. be a man, have a biased opinion based on how you currently feel and then support it until you receive information that makes you change your opinion.

right now, you're proving that opinions are like assholes since you can't effectively use either one
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20641
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby apbc12 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
hansen wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.


link?


http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges/post/_/id/3346/addazio-looking-for-winning-attitude

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1

While I agree with you re: early recruiting "success", I don't mind the repetition of those buzzwords, given that the concepts were entirely missing for the last few years.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby BCdee on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I will say that I am very excited about BC Football again!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 990

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

oh my god dee

Image
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17610
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3034

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Untitled document