Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness to mrs. talon, it wasn't raining anymore but it was cold, windy and wet as b0mbers ass in the middle of a center hash.

that was a miserable gameday experience on many levels

worse than the game against maryland in 2007? coldest road game i've been to.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness to mrs. talon, it wasn't raining anymore but it was cold, windy and wet as b0mbers ass in the middle of a center hash.

The game at Wake in 2006 I believe (when Wake won the conference) was as cold as any game I have been at I think. Didn't get close to 30 that night if I remember correctly.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:16 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

The game at Wake in 2006 I believe (when Wake won the conference) was as cold as any game I have been at I think. Didn't get close to 30 that night if I remember correctly.

it was 29 degrees at halftime of that game but the wind made it much, much colder to everyone not sucking on a handle of jim beam and falling into nice families seated in the middle of the bc section
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

it was 29 degrees at halftime of that game but the wind made it much, much colder to everyone not sucking on a handle of jim beam and falling into nice families seated in the middle of the bc section

That was 2008, and my friend still owes us a streak for his pre-Herzlich Pick 6 wager
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:43 pm

oh yeah. well, suffice it to say that both games were colder than huang's saggy mewb (which is uncharacteristic for tobaccoroad)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 pm

home game against miami in 2007 was fucking cold as shit too. game was at noon or something, still froze.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it wasn't even raining anymore by the start of the 2nd quarter

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!

Well played. That was the worst friggin game ever, and I was at the Buffalo (Chris Crane!) and UVa monsoons.

I remember the rain the following week against Wake being worse than the UVA game. Didn't Toby say that Ryan was able to lead the last minute comeback because his hands were dry after 57 minutes on the bench? The coldest game I remember was against UWV in '03 when Pacman Jones ran back a few kicks and PaulPete nearly led a comeback after QP got injured.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it wasn't even raining anymore by the start of the 2nd quarter

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!

Well played. That was the worst friggin game ever, and I was at the Buffalo (Chris Crane!) and UVa monsoons.

I remember the rain the following week against Wake being worse than the UVA game. Didn't Toby say that Ryan was able to lead the last minute comeback because his hands were dry after 57 minutes on the bench? The coldest game I remember was against UWV in '03 when Pacman Jones ran back a few kicks and PaulPete nearly led a comeback after QP got injured.

Yeah, the week between UVa and Wake was like a 100 year nor'easter that just friggin hovered over Boston for 10 days. Just dumped rain constantly. Both games sucked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 pm

The 2002(I think?) home finale against Syracuse was miserable too. High 30's with a nasty rain/snow drizzle. I remember Sean Ryan hurdling a linebacker. Otherwise I just remember being cold.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Shit I was there for that fucking game too.

Music City Bowl was cold as shit, only good thing about the game was Larmond's DB-ankle breaking move on his TD from Davis.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!

Yeah, the week between UVa and Wake was like a 100 year nor'easter that just friggin hovered over Boston for 10 days. Just dumped rain constantly. Both games sucked.

I remember an absolute fucking downpour like nothing I have seen at a game since. I remember it being cold as well. I was a freshman and my high school girlfriend had come to visit from her school in South Carolina and was not handling the weather well. She asked to leave and as soon as we stepped outside te stadium erupted as Matt Ryan threw his first of the comeback touchdowns. We broke up and I never left a game early again.

The Georgia Tech game in 2008 was supposed to be a downpour as well. People were wearing bathing suits at the game. But the rain didn't come during the gam and it ended up being unbearably hot and humid in the stands.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 am

We should all thank you and your ex. If it weren't for you taking your bad juju out of the stadium, we would have lost
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:We should all thank you and your ex. If it weren't for you taking your bad juju out of the stadium, we would have lost

Likely true. In 07 I had left the room when Matt Ryan threw the first touchdown against Clemson. Never went back in.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:17 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:The Georgia Tech game in 2008 was supposed to be a downpour as well. People were wearing bathing suits at the game.

The players were wearing bathing suits because they'd pooped in their underwear.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!

I remember an absolute fucking downpour like nothing I have seen at a game since. I remember it being cold as well. I was a freshman and my high school girlfriend had come to visit from her school in South Carolina and was not handling the weather well. She asked to leave and as soon as we stepped outside te stadium erupted as Matt Ryan threw his first of the comeback touchdowns. We broke up and I never left a game early again.

The Georgia Tech game in 2008 was supposed to be a downpour as well. People were wearing bathing suits at the game. But the rain didn't come during the gam and it ended up being unbearably hot and humid in the stands.

I went to the UVA game not the Wake but was in Boston. The weather was about the same both days. That UVA game wasn't that bad because it was warm. After 2mins you were as wet as if you had just jumped into a lake, but you were not getting any wetter and is was warm and thus bearable. Worst home (Alumni) game I can recall was the FSU game. I don't care if the rain stopped. GTech 1991 was bad. Wasn't there a bad (weather) Thursday night game in the late 90's?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:45 pm

I was at the 2008 Rhode Island game and it was a downpour.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:48 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:The 2002(I think?) home finale against Syracuse was miserable too. High 30's with a nasty rain/snow drizzle. I remember Sean Ryan hurdling a linebacker. Otherwise I just remember being cold.

I was hanging out with Ryan following the game and it popped up on sportscenter. He was over the moon and talked about it all night - as he should have. Every time he moved across a room or went to get a beer he'd slow-mo "hurdle" someone.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:07 am

Mods, please change the title of this thread to "I remember a rainy game, too. Let me tell you just how rainy it was."
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 am

Wasn't there a bad (weather) Thursday night game in the late 90's?

Thursday night vs. VPI, when they retired The numbers of Flutie & Ruth, was a miserable downpour.

Last night wasn't too fun, either. Sat next to a screaming, swearing (in front of a ton of kids, including his 3 little girls) idiot from England who was a Terps fan. Shut him up by the time he left.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 am

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=168735474&mid=168735474&sid=988&style=2

You can tell Addazio turned us around, we are back on the Rutgers forums.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:41 am

Someone please confirm that the discount code was created by an EO lurker.

http://www.panoramas.com/images/emailim ... /bosc.html
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I 100% believe we win the national title in 2007 if Raji plays. It would've come down to the title game against a very beatable OSU team.

I don't know that Raji changes the FSU monsoon game much.

I think he does. We couldn't get any pressure on whatever mediocre QB FSU was trotting out at the time (Weatherford?) and he picked our defense apart. That doesn't happen if Raji is collapsing the pocket on every play.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I 100% believe we win the national title in 2007 if Raji plays. It would've come down to the title game against a very beatable OSU team.

I think he does. We couldn't get any pressure on whatever mediocre QB FSU was trotting out at the time (Weatherford?) and he picked our defense apart. That doesn't happen if Raji is collapsing the pocket on every play.

They went 5-wide with 3-step drops and threw short passes with YAC. Again, Raji helps, but the problem was (as always) the cushion (it was still a problem when Raji played the following season).
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 pm

And even then, we still would have won minus the turnovers.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:57 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Gents, the future will prove me right or wrong. I stand by my opinion and think BC will climb out of the morass that Spaz left us in

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!!

climb to 6-6 or climb to acccg?

Will take 4 years but back to the ACCCG

then he was not the right hire... the right hire could go 7-6 next year and then BCS game the following year

Haven't you and most posters (including me) been down on the last year of Jags/first 1/2 year of Spaz recruiting and all subsequent years of Spaz recruiting?

How would you analyze the current talent level on the roster?

the depth is not there but there is still plenty of front line talent to win 6 games in a shit conference and get to some shit bowl game (especially with a senior QB).

timestamp bitches... 12/4/2012

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13437#p323155
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I think he was the wrong hire compared to some other choices.

That said, he's am upgrade over his predecessor. We'll win between 6 and 8 games next year. Anything less than 6 wins would be failure.

damn, i was on a roll that week
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13437&start=30#p324115
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They went 5-wide with 3-step drops and threw short passes with YAC. Again, Raji helps, but the problem was (as always) the cushion (it was still a problem when Raji played the following season).

Raji was such a disruptive element on the college level though (especially playing alongside Brace). We'll obviously never know for sure but having him on the field throws a wrench into any opponent's game plan.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:34 am

Fair, but I don't remember any reprieve from the cushion bitching when Raji was on the field.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Wow. Getting Hilliman to commit is amazing. I suppose I'm less worried about next year's offense...
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 pm

From shit sandwich to a winning record, a bowl game, what appears to be an excellent recruiting class, two All-Americans, a Doak Walker winner, and Heisman Finalist? I don't think we could've asked for anything more in year 1 post-Spaz. Congrats to Addazio and staff. I'm excited about BC Football again and the program's prospects for the future.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium