Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...

What sparked the change?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 am

Is it the Dazzler
or
GDF & Spazoo gone
or
Both?
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What sparked the change?

hansen found out he has a little greek in him
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:30 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What sparked the change?

in HomoJS fashion, i wanted to be able to tell everyone "i told you so" when we make a bowl this year... :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What sparked the change?

in HomoJS fashion, i wanted to be able to tell everyone "i told you so" when we make a bowl this year... :shrug

lets hope you are right
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.

Yeah, I was going to say, "I'll get over it"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I can already foresee the day when Notorious Orange is reminding us all of our bad first reaction to the Dazzler the same way the NY Daily News could never live down the Clueless Joe headline when Torre was hired by the Yankees ahead of the 1996 season. I felt the same way about Torre then as I did about Addazio.Let's hope history repeats itself.

pfft... that guy. just tell him "hey, nice penis" and he'll run away faster than a mormon at an open bar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 pm

I will be gracious to all who jump on the A train
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Now you have the same ability to see the future as I did - welcome to A - nation

:chewbanka :chewbanka :banana :chewbanka :chewbanka :pepper2
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.

I'm thinking he'll recruit good enough talent that he'll easily and consistently get to a bowl game playing in our shitty conference regardless of his gameday playcalling.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm

shut up vegetable licker
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I will admit I was wrong when A) the football team shows improvement this coming season and gives us a positive outlook for the future, and B) Daz does a good job recruiting and puts together a solid class.

It seems like ancient history, but Spaz had a decent first season and a decent recruiting class. We all know how that turned out. With that said, I am much more optimistic now than I was when The Dazzler was first named HC.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I will admit I was wrong when A) the football team shows improvement this coming season and gives us a positive outlook for the future, and B) Daz does a good job recruiting and puts together a solid class.

It seems like ancient history, but Spaz had a decent first season and a decent recruiting class. We all know how that turned out. With that said, I am much more optimistic now than I was when The Dazzler was first named HC.

It's pretty crazy when you about BC of 2008 compared to BC of 2012. Spaz was recruiting to a school coming off of back-to-back ACCCG appearances, 3 first round picks in 2 years, 6 straight years of beating Notre Dame. Everything else was in place, too - basketball had their last tourney appearance in 2008 and beat ranked Duke and UNC... Hockey was only a year removed from a championship. The whole perception of BC in the "mainstream" was so different. The Dazzler has a much tougher product to sell now, which is why I'm very impressed with the recruiting so far. Still a lot left to be determined, though.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I am on the Daz bandwagon with respect to recruiting, overjoyed to be honest. Gameday is a different story, cautiously optimistic.

I'm thinking he'll recruit good enough talent that he'll easily and consistently get to a bowl game playing in our shitty conference regardless of his gameday playcalling.

your lips to Coughlin's ears.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

starting to feel like 10 and 2 season around here.

i like it

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie?) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

So far we have:

* Pedro
* Claver with a tepid Amen
* Vegas
* westcoastBernie
* Teddy cautiously on board
* Matt the Eagle
* Hansen (Ithink)
* TRE - kinda no? " i am okay with frank addazio. i am NOT okay with his retread assistant coaches. i view the latter as his downfall. all that said, i hope i am wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm right"
* Sweet Dee "Addazio hire growing on her"

Who's next on-board? If it's you - Testify and give AMEN!!

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!

One of the original posts to quell the lynch mob from December 5 below. Partial explanation of why Addazio is a better hire now than he would have been immediately after the FLA national title below

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:To my lynch mob of fellow posters - (beside the rational ones like Teddy, Pedro and the under rated Matt the Eagle) - who have tried to out do each other in hysteria and hyperbole. Take a deep breath we can get through this together. This will be a strong hire.

Let's take a rational look at what has transpired since HJS declared not hiring him for BC an epic disaster.

2009/2010 in Gainsville Florida Urban Meyer announces retirement - he waffles and says he will take an indefinite leave of absence - right in the middle of recruiting season.

Florida AD who has 5 years of experience with the staff names Addazio Head Coach - effective until when and if Urban Meyer returns.

Do you think Saban, Spurrier, Myles, Mullen, Kiffen etc. may have mentioned Meyer's and the program's issues to recruits? Despite the coaching uncertainty and FUD factor spread by competing programs. Florida/Addazio brings in the #1 recruiting class in the country. Addazio named number #1 recruiter in the nation

Meyer comes back - Brantley sucks - Florida slips to 8-5. Meyer retires.

Muschamp comes in and saves the day?

No! Florida slips further to 7-5 and the Fla offense slips to #9 in the SEC (Addazio probably wasn't the sole problem that Fla fans made him out to be)

Year 1 at Temple Addazio picks up in the middle of Temple recruiting and closes Golden's recruits despite Golden flying south. Temple has #1 class in the MAC - Temple loses Muhammad Wilkerson to the Jets in the first round and a safety in the 2nd round prior to the season. Despite the losses Temple goes 9 wins - 4 losses, Best since 1979 and the only Bowl win in Temple history

Year 2 at Temple - Temple is ranked the best recruiting class in the MAC. They move to the Big East and slip to 4-7 while playing 12-14 freshman major minutes. Temple exceeds all pre-season predictions.

The people who know him best

After Addazio named interim coach Quarterback Tim Tebow estimated that the booming tribute lasted three to four minutes, perhaps the longest ovation he had been part of.

“He’s got the best leadership qualities of any coach we have on the team,” Tebow said. “He can inspire, motivate and drive people like not many people I’ve been around. I’m so excited and proud for Coach Addazio.”

Urban Meyer "Addazio is the coach who I think is most like me"

I think most rationale people would conclude his experiences over the last 3 years would make him a better coach for BC now than he would have been 3 years ago. He has the interim HC experience at FLA - He has 2 years at Temple - He is no longer a rookie HC

Spaz had no energy - Addazio has an abundance
Spaz stopped working hard - Adazzio will outwork any BC coach since Coughlin
Addazio give the program better visibility in Boston
Addazio will be the best recruiter in my BC lifetime

I think if I am choosing mob leaders I would go with Urban Meyer over HJS 2012 version (who was with Addazio - before he was violently against him) - but maybe that is just me.
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

i'm hedging

lets wait and see this season.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

i'm hedging

lame.

you don't get to watch the result and then predict what has happened. make an assertion one way or the other. what's the worst that can happen, you'll be wrong? as long as homojs is here, we'll all be wrong so just make a selection.

or, be a wishy washy pussywimp and find yourself banned, mega-murt style
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Any of you gents (and ladies - Dee, Jane, Dr Kimmy, Dixie?) want to give me an Amen on the Addazio hire?

So far we have:

* Pedro
* Claver with a tepid Amen
* Vegas
* westcoastBernie
* Teddy cautiously on board
* Matt the Eagle
* Hansen (Ithink)
* TRE - kinda no? " i am okay with frank addazio. i am NOT okay with his retread assistant coaches. i view the latter as his downfall. all that said, i hope i am wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm right"
* Sweet Dee "Addazio hire growing on her"

Who's next on-board? If it's you - Testify and give AMEN!!

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!

One of the original posts to quell the lynch mob from December 5 below. Partial explanation of why Addazio is a better hire now than he would have been immediately after the FLA national title below

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:To my lynch mob of fellow posters - (beside the rational ones like Teddy, Pedro and the under rated Matt the Eagle) - who have tried to out do each other in hysteria and hyperbole. Take a deep breath we can get through this together. This will be a strong hire.

Let's take a rational look at what has transpired since HJS declared not hiring him for BC an epic disaster.

2009/2010 in Gainsville Florida Urban Meyer announces retirement - he waffles and says he will take an indefinite leave of absence - right in the middle of recruiting season.

Florida AD who has 5 years of experience with the staff names Addazio Head Coach - effective until when and if Urban Meyer returns.

Do you think Saban, Spurrier, Myles, Mullen, Kiffen etc. may have mentioned Meyer's and the program's issues to recruits? Despite the coaching uncertainty and FUD factor spread by competing programs. Florida/Addazio brings in the #1 recruiting class in the country. Addazio named number #1 recruiter in the nation

Meyer comes back - Brantley sucks - Florida slips to 8-5. Meyer retires.

Muschamp comes in and saves the day?

No! Florida slips further to 7-5 and the Fla offense slips to #9 in the SEC (Addazio probably wasn't the sole problem that Fla fans made him out to be)

Year 1 at Temple Addazio picks up in the middle of Temple recruiting and closes Golden's recruits despite Golden flying south. Temple has #1 class in the MAC - Temple loses Muhammad Wilkerson to the Jets in the first round and a safety in the 2nd round prior to the season. Despite the losses Temple goes 9 wins - 4 losses, Best since 1979 and the only Bowl win in Temple history

Year 2 at Temple - Temple is ranked the best recruiting class in the MAC. They move to the Big East and slip to 4-7 while playing 12-14 freshman major minutes. Temple exceeds all pre-season predictions.

The people who know him best

After Addazio named interim coach Quarterback Tim Tebow estimated that the booming tribute lasted three to four minutes, perhaps the longest ovation he had been part of.

“He’s got the best leadership qualities of any coach we have on the team,” Tebow said. “He can inspire, motivate and drive people like not many people I’ve been around. I’m so excited and proud for Coach Addazio.”

Urban Meyer "Addazio is the coach who I think is most like me"

I think most rationale people would conclude his experiences over the last 3 years would make him a better coach for BC now than he would have been 3 years ago. He has the interim HC experience at FLA - He has 2 years at Temple - He is no longer a rookie HC

Spaz had no energy - Addazio has an abundance
Spaz stopped working hard - Adazzio will outwork any BC coach since Coughlin
Addazio give the program better visibility in Boston
Addazio will be the best recruiter in my BC lifetime

I think if I am choosing mob leaders I would go with Urban Meyer over HJS 2012 version (who was with Addazio - before he was violently against him) - but maybe that is just me.

Hansen's on board the Addazio Train
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12935&start=30#p341124

p.s. to me, the term "great hire" implies BCS bowl game... i'm not at that level of commitment yet

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm

It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.

link?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i'm hedging

lame.

you don't get to watch the result and then predict what has happened. make an assertion one way or the other. what's the worst that can happen, you'll be wrong? as long as homojs is here, we'll all be wrong so just make a selection.

tre, i think what it is, is we've been here before and (well) we all have a little wisdom here

i was burned putting some (any) faith in spaz. i believe in promoting from within. i think that is the right thing to do, particularly when the person you are promoting was at the top of his field (the way spaz was with his outstanding defenses.) in that sense, i was totally behind the spaz promotion (wanted it for him in 2007.) as it turns out, the promotion was an epic disaster for boston college football

so, i'm hedging

i'm not going to come back and say (at the end of the 10-2 or the 2-10 seasons) "...i told you so..." i'm not going to do that. i just want to wait and see. i love bc football much too much to get my heart broken yet again hoping against hope for a stellar season. i'm jaded tre
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:It's going to take more than making a few 17 year-olds pinky swear that they will do something ten months from now to get me on board. I tried reading the ESPN Boston article on Daz last week and I couldn't finish it. I'm already tired of his shtick.

link?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges/post/_/id/3346/addazio-looking-for-winning-attitude

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:18 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

link?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges/post/_/id/3346/addazio-looking-for-winning-attitude

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1
homohumpathon - 0
fagtagging - 0
Enjoy! - 5
Content - 2
retractable - 0
Toblunders - 0
Rettigun - 0
Spazoo - 0
Asscancer - 0
Leah-hoo - 0

I updated the list.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i'm hedging

lame.

tre, i think what it is, is we've been here before and (well) we all have a little wisdom here

i was burned putting some (any) faith in spaz. i believe in promoting from within. i think that is the right thing to do, particularly when the person you are promoting was at the top of his field (the way spaz was with his outstanding defenses.) in that sense, i was totally behind the spaz promotion (wanted it for him in 2007.) as it turns out, the promotion was an epic disaster for boston college football

so, i'm hedging

i'm not going to come back and say (at the end of the 10-2 or the 2-10 seasons) "...i told you so..." i'm not going to do that. i just want to wait and see. i love bc football much too much to get my heart broken yet again hoping against hope for a stellar season. i'm jaded tre

well then say that you think daz is going to suck but you hope that he doesn't.

we're posting opinions (in between pictures of building spurting semen) so it's not like we're performing rocket surgery. be a man, have a biased opinion based on how you currently feel and then support it until you receive information that makes you change your opinion.

right now, you're proving that opinions are like assholes since you can't effectively use either one
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

link?

Daz buzzword count:
energy - 3
accountable - 2
pressure - 2
mindset - 2
effort - 2
passion - 1

While I agree with you re: early recruiting "success", I don't mind the repetition of those buzzwords, given that the concepts were entirely missing for the last few years.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I will say that I am very excited about BC Football again!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

oh my god dee

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali