Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

I've not commented at all since the announcement.

AMEN.

Plenty of experience as an assistant with some of the "big boys".

Two years HC experience at Temple. I don't care about his record at Temple because it's fucking Temple.

I just watched the replay of the presser.

His dream job. I can't imagine he's making up a story about getting messages congratulating him on getting his dream job.

How in the world can any of us complain about getting a coach that wants to be here for the long haul?

Listening to him, I don't think he'll ever get locked out of the locker room.

I'm certain he can fire-up and get the most out of these kids and that's all we can ask.

Do I think he's gonna turn a 2-10 team into a 10-2 team overnight? No. But we have enough talent to get to a bowl and I think he can get us there.

Hopefully he can relay his passion for OUR school to land recruits.

I'm in.

Go BC. Go Eagles. Ever to Excel.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

Another for the side of truth, justice and the american way
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 am

if you believe it was his dream job, ive got a great former head coach to coach your football team.

its kinda funny how we hired someone who tried to leave his first head coaching job without even coaching a game. uconn. and then tried to go to another school the following year. rutgers.

yeah, his dream school.

please dont fall for the dream job routine.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am

I also want to go on record that this is his dream job.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am

He did butcher the Herzy reference in the press conf. (-1)
On the same note, he showed more passion in a press conference than Spaz did on the sidelines in 4 years combined.
I like his energy already and to be honest I'm really just sick of hating our football coach. Spaz is gone. Bye Bye.
Adazzio is now the coach of OUR school.
I'll be in south central in September with a sign that reads "IN ADAZZ WE TRUST. GO BC."
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 am

Oh yeah, I forgot.

He said he never wants to play "bend but don't break" defense.

I'm watching his press conference again. The guy can't stay behind the mic. I love it. The kids are gonna buy into this guy. I have a feeling.

He wants to be able to run the ball but also will play to the strengths of the personel.
That tells me he knows Chase is the big gun for next year and then after that... O-line U and solid qb's and rb's.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 am

"I'm proud to be a Boston College Eagle and I won't let you down. I've got drive and I've got energy and I've got a love and passion for what I do for these student athletes and for Boston College."

Much better than we are what we are.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 am

NDubEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Thank you brother Pedro.

Will anyone else take a stand against the scourge of melodrama?

Or publicly state your support for Addazio in the face of an angry mob?

How's this? I'm optimistcally(sp?) hoping you are right. Your post above had a little bit of the "was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor" feel to it...

Thanks god you didn't stop me "I was on a roll"
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:He did butcher the Herzy reference in the press conf. (-1)
On the same note, he showed more passion in a press conference than Spaz did on the sidelines in 4 years combined.
I like his energy already and to be honest I'm really just sick of hating our football coach. Spaz is gone. Bye Bye.
Adazzio is now the coach of OUR school.
I'll be in south central in September with a sign that reads "IN ADAZZ WE TRUST. GO BC."

I will be there as well. BC will beat USC next Fall. You heard it here first. They will go 8-4 next year (4-0 in OOC games) as they will beat Stony Brook, Army and whoever else they schedule. They will go 4-4 in the ACC. They will be in the Tangerine Bowl or whatever the hell they call it now playing Iowa...how's that for confidence. This is a great hire!!!!! :banana :cheer :elephant :skank :piss :mario :party

We all need to stop the
:bullshit and :thehjs
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 am

I am cautiously on board. He wasn't my first choice, but I am okay with this given where the program is at.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:12 am

Addazio wasn't my first choice, but he is right up there in the next tier of candidates I would have been happy with. Also, Addazio is near the top when it comes to energy and recruiting.

He is a proven recruiter. Admittedly, it is easy to sell Florida, but he nonetheless recruited as well as anybody at a big school. More telling is that he also recruited very well at Temple. How the f*** do you sell Temple to recruits??? Yet, somehow he managed to land Buddy Brown who is arguably Temple's best commit historically and had a whole host of offers. BC isn't Florida, but it is also much better than Temple.

I think the energy is a big thing, our current team probably needs that more than anything. He knows how to fire up his players. In this sense, Addazio is the anti-Spaz.

I view the "in it for the long haul" pretty neutral. I think Addazio has made it clear that he wants to win, but someone who sees BC as a stepping stone would also have to win in order to see BC as such.

My biggest concerns are his age and his ties to old BC staffers (Day is good, but I really don't like Rogers). His last season at Temple isn't too much of a negative: it is Temple and he still managed to play well given his roster and the fact that it was a transition year against stronger competition.

Next season is going to be a good test, we don't have great talent, but we should be good enough to be bowl eligible. As for now, he has my support and I have reason to be excited for the future of BC football.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 am

Only two years at Temple. Can we assume that with any kind of success, he will leave for greener pastures after two years at BC? Wasn't that what got Jags fired? Interviewing for another job after two seasons?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am

I think he was the wrong hire compared to some other choices.

That said, he's am upgrade over his predecessor. We'll win between 6 and 8 games next year. Anything less than 6 wins would be failure.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 am

i am okay with frank addazio. i am NOT okay with his retread assistant coaches. i view the latter as his downfall.

all that said, i hope i am wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm right
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 am

Addazio doesn't make as good a sauce as Spaz. This is not an upgrade.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 am

I am skeptical for a number of reasons, but the litmus test will come sooner rather than later for me: how will Addazio's impact be reflected on recruiting in the next two years. Because BC is in as deep a hole as they have been in decades.

The enthusiasm factor accounts for little in the long run. Short run, it will have some impact after the comotose past HC.

Wins and losses are a lesser indicator for me over next couple of years because I see the talent on this team today being the weakest in many many a year. They are not ACC competitive, even with the weaknesses that are the present day ACC. There are players in certain positions on this team that are not D1 quality.

Both OL and DL are as weak talentwise as they have been for a long time.

It was the primary reason why I wanted the sexier hire who might be in a better position to make an immediate splash with recruits.

Bottomline, if Addazio proves quickly that he is the recruiting par excellence that he is being made out to be, then I'll get back on the bandwagon. But immediate results (measured by the projected quality of the recruits he attracts and not W-L in two years) are necessary to support anyone's pipe dream of getting into the ACCCG within his 6 year contract.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 am

BC is ACC quality right now. The ACC is terrible and BC should have been .500 in the conference this past season. While I agree that recruiting will be the key to his success, he'd better win a little next year. Me and you drawing up plays on the back of a napkin drunk in a bar could win more than 2 games with this talent, as inferior as it may be compared to past BC teams.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Addazio doesn't make as good a sauce as Spaz. This is not an upgrade.

Yes, but Spaz calls it gravy which confuses the younger generation. Adazz calls it sauce.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 am

I will say, the Coach Addazio hire is definitely growing on me. I really like his enthusiasm. It's totally refreshing and I'm sure the players love it, too. I really hope recruiting picks up!

By the way, D&C were killing Spaz on the radio this morning after their interview with Coach Daz. They said Meterparel is going to be the happiest person out there because he can ask Addazio one question, and he'll fill up the segment, whereas Spaz wouldn't talk about anything. There were trying to come up with a good nickname and I really liked the one 'Coach Adderall'.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Is he Spaz? No. That's a lazy and inaccurate comparison.

BUT IT'S SO DARNED FUNNY TO CALL HIM FRANK AND SPAZ 2.0! :dildodog
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)?
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)?
4. will we make it to the acccg under him?
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?
6. how will his tenure end?

1. As a steadying influence and improvement, maybe. As an inspiring hire that says opponents better watch out, no.
2. Why doesn't golden count? I call bullshit.
3. the ACC is a dumpster, so he'll pull off an 8 win regular season at some point. It will be unimpressive of course.
4. Not likely. BC should know its place.
5. Not likely.
6. Droopily.

not spaz

not inspiring and not impressive. EVER TO MEDIOCRE!!!!

which is it pedro?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)?
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)?
4. will we make it to the acccg under him?
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?
6. how will his tenure end?

1. As a steadying influence and improvement, maybe. As an inspiring hire that says opponents better watch out, no.
2. Why doesn't golden count? I call bullshit.
3. the ACC is a dumpster, so he'll pull off an 8 win regular season at some point. It will be unimpressive of course.
4. Not likely. BC should know its place.
5. Not likely.
6. Droopily.

not spaz

not inspiring and not impressive. EVER TO MEDIOCRE!!!!

which is it pedro?

Those actually don't conflict at all. I'm sorry your unfunny name for Daz is unfunny. I chalked it up to wiping the junk gunk out of your eyes from the lengthy banning. You'll get back to where you were, big guy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am

i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish. You confusing my opinions as comparing the two still doesn't make it funny.

I'm just a prick - there's no groove for that.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:08 pm

1) "Frank Addazio" is funny, and I find myself frequently forgetting that his real first name is Steve.
2) This might be the earliest 10-2 season on record. I need to check the Tobacco Road Farmer's Almanac...

p and s - BC ranked higher in points allowed this year than Temple. That should scare the shit out of all of us.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:1) "Frank Addazio" is funny, and I find myself frequently forgetting that his real first name is Steve.

this

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 pm

BC is back! You all owe me another apology.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:57 am

I'm officially on the Addazio bandwagon...

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium