Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:16 pm

I know this is silly, but if he's fired for anything, it should be the consistent failure to find a kicker who can consistently make extra points and field goals (even short ones). Just so freaking demoralizing and inexplicable.

P.S. - I doubt he's getting fired.
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Meatbaum boasting how we have 13 All-ACC selections.

-10 of them are done (THEYRE ALL COMING BACK!!!)

-Boasts how its the all time record for BC by 4 players...but we went 7-5.

for the love of god end our misery today please mj

13 all-acc selections just underscores how bad the coach got his talent to play collectively
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Monteiro making all-conference is mind-boggling.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:41 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Monterio made all-conference? Who did he pay off?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Holy crap!!!! Zack Allen did not make 1st Team All ACC.

But... Ray "hut-hut" Smith made 3rd team. Jon Baker somehow made Honorable Mention. And... to the surprise of no one... preseason projected first rounder (Lukas Denis) is not mentioned.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

They must have run out of names. Only guy Monteiro blocked since the Holy Cross game was the family member he pancaked in the background of postgame TV interview at Red Bandanna game.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:remember that you are aiming your point at a dude that likes to look at pictures of an elephant walk that mark Cuban organized

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/23/the ... yptr=yahoo

https://nypost.com/2019/02/07/frat-accu ... hant-walk/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:00 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

I'm just a prick - there's no groove for that.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.

it's time for my annual query about where pedro and notoriousorgane are and why they don't continue to support how superawesometacular t.s. slaughter is both on and off the field.

fuck this guy in his big dumb face, with a weener smothered in underwear and catsup (and not just any catsup, but hunt's catsup... the worst of all catsups)

Pricks can be wrong. They can be very, very wrong. See ya in 5 years, chalupa breath!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.

it's time for my annual query about where pedro and notoriousorgane are and why they don't continue to support how superawesometacular t.s. slaughter is both on and off the field.

fuck this guy in his big dumb face, with a weener smothered in underwear and catsup (and not just any catsup, but hunt's catsup... the worst of all catsups)

Pricks can be wrong. They can be very, very wrong. See ya in 5 years, chalupa breath!

If nothing else, the possible end of the Daz reign has brought back prick6pedro.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:57 am

Are these correct re Daz's record at BC:

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Are these correct re Daz's record at BC:

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

Overall record and bowl game record is correct.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

A great hire? I was hoping but, no.

This board has not aged well.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 am

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

Here's a fun stat from the media guide.

Daz is 37-5 when leading at halftime and 3-36 when trailing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 am

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

Lately on twitter Sheridan has been trotting out "17 Bowls in 20 Years." Thank you for the reminder that Daz accounts for 4 of those and Bill has been involved in two.

https://twitter.com/BCCoachSheridan/status/1197846818945748992?s=20
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 am

I'm not going to run the numbers but making a bowl as a P5 team is a deceptively easy accomplishment. It has to be at least 2/3 of teams make it each year, and when you take out the perpetual bottom feeders like Rutgers it's probably over 80%
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:45 am

amazing how you could copy the most recent 2 pages from this thread, which represent the overall thoughts one year ago, paste them today and nothing has changed. probably could do the same for 2 - 3 years ago

what a waste.

but looking at the last two pages, i need to find the "theyre all coming back" rant from last year when nobody was coming back
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'm not going to run the numbers but making a bowl as a P5 team is a deceptively easy accomplishment. It has to be at least 2/3 of teams make it each year, and when you take out the perpetual bottom feeders like Rutgers it's probably over 80%

this year it's 78/130 or 60%.
that's for FBS.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'm not going to run the numbers but making a bowl as a P5 team is a deceptively easy accomplishment. It has to be at least 2/3 of teams make it each year, and when you take out the perpetual bottom feeders like Rutgers it's probably over 80%

this year it's 78/130 or 60%.
that's for FBS.

Last year P5:

ACC: 11 out of 14
B12: 7 out of 10
B10: 9 out of 14
P12: 7 out of 12
SEC: 11 out of 13 (ole miss ineligible)

so 71%

year before:

ACC: 10 out of 14
B12: 8 out of 10
B10: 8 out of 14
P12: 9 out of 12
SEC: 9 out of 13 (Ole miss ineligible)

70%

its not hard to make a bowl. you are well below average if you do not
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

PSP - why are you responding to a (for purposes of this board) dead man. Also what kind of beer will go with TRE's Board funeral ?
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

A great hire? I was hoping but, no.

This board has not aged well.

You should be happy. According to you he did a great job with the worst recruiting classes in the conference every year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

Great article to see:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019 ... hobbs.html

"A loss, according to published reports, could put Addazio’s job in jeopardy. Either way, the two people familiar with Addazio’s actions say Addazio would have interest in the Rutgers job regardless of whether his BC job is safe of if he’s fired."

To me (if true, a big "if") that means MJ has already told Daz to PACK YER BAGS

That would make sense too. Imagine thinking this game vs Pitt has some sort of meaning relative to the 87 games he has coached here already. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have that line of thinking.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

43-44 overall
21-34 vs ACC
1-3 bowl games
1-17 vs ranked teams

So what is his ACC record? I know he has only one win against a ranked team (USC).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

PSP - why are you responding to a (for purposes of this board) dead man. Also what kind of beer will go with TRE's Board funeral ?

i may not care much about this shitbird school with coaches and athletic directors that like to steal money from my alma mater, but i do appreciate the prick's acknowledgement that i was correct about the heinz hammer knowing only how to yell at people and not how to coach. too bad you still want to have t.s. slaughter do sex on you, orange
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Great article to see:

"A loss, according to published reports, could put Addazio’s job in jeopardy. Either way, the two people familiar with Addazio’s actions say Addazio would have interest in the Rutgers job regardless of whether his BC job is safe of if he’s fired."

That would make sense too. Imagine thinking this game vs Pitt has some sort of meaning relative to the 87 games he has coached here already. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have that line of thinking.

I don't like the thought of a being a stepping stone to Rutgres (i.e. if he's not fired and chooses to go there).

re: this game not being meaningful, I think there's something to be said about how a team a coach gets his team to perform when their back is against the wall. that said, it is clear for the most part by now what his strengths and limitations are.

as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

i may not care much about this shitbird school with coaches and athletic directors that like to steal money from my alma mater, but i do appreciate the prick's acknowledgement that i was correct about the heinz hammer knowing only how to yell at people and not how to coach. too bad you still want to have t.s. slaughter do sex on you, orange

hey TRE, try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
...as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

they should ask nc state how that kind of thinking works out
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I don't like the thought of a being a stepping stone to Rutgres (i.e. if he's not fired and chooses to go there).

re: this game not being meaningful, I think there's something to be said about how a team a coach gets his team to perform when their back is against the wall. that said, it is clear for the most part by now what his strengths and limitations are.

as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

him going to rutgers wouldnt be a stepping stone. its him being asked to leave and finding another job to save face. we'll see, but if he takes the job within a week (the article says they want this resolved in teh next 7 days), then we will know that he was asked to leave. because he has gotten it lined up before the season is even over.

there is something to be said about how a coach is able to get his players to play. this one game win or loss should not change peoples opinions and it is a very small part of an overall evaluation. a back to the wall game should be to play for something meaningful (acc championship), not for bowl eligibility in year 7.

i agree with it being a good hire for rutgers. any damage we would get from them being competitive would be more than offset by having a better coach. not too concerned about that.
Last edited by commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
...as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

they should ask nc state how that kind of thinking works out

The supply officer took a 3-9 nc state team to averaging 8 wins his last three years which is about what you'd expect for 8 win Tom.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 am

Also, if he left BC to go to Rutgers voluntarily, then so much for BC being his dream job and fuck him.
Anyone have a clip of him saying that?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Also, if he left BC to go to Rutgers voluntarily, then so much for BC being his dream job and fuck him.
Anyone have a clip of him saying that?

if he leaves BC to go to Rutgers, there is a 0% chance it is voluntary
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium