Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:For the record, I never doubted that he would bring in talent.

we don't really know that do we?

talk to me when Daz brings in a class like this one....

http://bostoncollege.scout.com/a.z?s=165&p=9&c=8&yr=2003

of course, we wont know if the 2014 class is like that until 2017 or so,

...and remember, that unbelievably outstanding class of eagles, was not so long ago....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:18 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:For the record, I never doubted that he would bring in talent.

we don't really know that do we?

talk to me when Daz brings in a class like this one....

http://bostoncollege.scout.com/a.z?s=165&p=9&c=8&yr=2003

of course, we wont know if the 2014 class is like that until 2017 or so,

...and remember, that unbelievably outstanding class of eagles, was not so long ago....

I don't have the energy to argue with nonsense today. Go find Pedro.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleWolverine on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:48 pm

“I think it’s important that there’s energy, that there’s passion, there’s energy and they’re holding each other accountable...There’s no such thing as my bad. You gotta count on the guy on your left and the guy on your right, and they’ve gotta perform, when their number’s called they’ve gotta get the job done.

6/10, Solid D

Good work on hitting energy twice, references to holding accountable, guy on left/right, number called, getting job done. Additional points for relying solely on cliches and providing no meaningful information.

Missed reference to 110%, leaving it all on the field, when you look at the scoreboard, gave it your all. Consider advanced clicheing techniques, references to gut-check time, answering the bell, not pulling punches. Consider carrots in addition to the stick, telling your players the cupboard is not empty.

Boston College School of Geriatric Italiano-American Coaching and Doing Other Stuff Good Too
Course: Giving 110%: Introduction to Meaningless Coaching Cliches.
Professor Wolfman, Francisco Spazerelli Professor of Gravy Make-a-ing.
EagleWolverine
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

EagleWolverine {l Wrote}:“I think it’s important that there’s energy, that there’s passion, there’s energy and they’re holding each other accountable...There’s no such thing as my bad. You gotta count on the guy on your left and the guy on your right, and they’ve gotta perform, when their number’s called they’ve gotta get the job done.

6/10, Solid D

Good work on hitting energy twice, references to holding accountable, guy on left/right, number called, getting job done. Additional points for relying solely on cliches and providing no meaningful information.

Missed reference to 110%, leaving it all on the field, when you look at the scoreboard, gave it your all. Consider advanced clicheing techniques, references to gut-check time, answering the bell, not pulling punches. Consider carrots in addition to the stick, telling your players the cupboard is not empty.

Boston College School of Geriatric Italiano-American Coaching and Doing Other Stuff Good Too

Welcome back and :kudos .
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

EagleWolverine {l Wrote}:“I think it’s important that there’s energy, that there’s passion, there’s energy and they’re holding each other accountable...There’s no such thing as my bad. You gotta count on the guy on your left and the guy on your right, and they’ve gotta perform, when their number’s called they’ve gotta get the job done.

6/10, Solid D

Welcome back Wolfman... long time no hear... I guess Al Gore hasn't had a chance to roll out the interweb in Nicaragua yet. But, it looks like you'll have more opportunity to log in here now that you are back Stateside.
http://news.yahoo.com/nicaragua-nabs-us ... 30175.html
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Steve Addazio, Boston College’s head football coach, heads to Bristol, Conn., and ESPN Studios tomorrow – Tuesday, April 30 – for a full day of appearances across many ESPN platforms. Addazio will begin the day with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg on the Mike & Mike radio show, is also scheduled to appear on ESPN’s First Take, SportsCenter and College Football Live, and will join ESPN.com for a live chat. Be sure to keep up with Addazio by following his day on Twitter at: @BCFootballNews.
Hey, that's something. At least they are recognizing the need for good PR.

My Florida fan friend (not the head-kicking haberdasher) tells me that I will be dead from self-inflicted wounds before the end of the first Addazio season.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
My Florida fan friend (not the head-kicking haberdasher) tells me that I will be dead from self-inflicted wounds before the end of the first Addazio season.

your floriduh fan friend clearly never watched a frank spaziani coached football game. to coin a phrase... there can't possibly be anyone worse than frank spaziani
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Steve Addazio, Boston College’s head football coach, heads to Bristol, Conn., and ESPN Studios tomorrow – Tuesday, April 30 – for a full day of appearances across many ESPN platforms. Addazio will begin the day with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg on the Mike & Mike radio show, is also scheduled to appear on ESPN’s First Take, SportsCenter and College Football Live, and will join ESPN.com for a live chat. Be sure to keep up with Addazio by following his day on Twitter at: @BCFootballNews.

Mike and Mike have already been given their approved list of questions that they are permitted to ask of Daz in their interview.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Steve Addazio, Boston College’s head football coach, heads to Bristol, Conn., and ESPN Studios tomorrow – Tuesday, April 30 – for a full day of appearances across many ESPN platforms. Addazio will begin the day with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg on the Mike & Mike radio show, is also scheduled to appear on ESPN’s First Take, SportsCenter and College Football Live, and will join ESPN.com for a live chat. Be sure to keep up with Addazio by following his day on Twitter at: @BCFootballNews.

Mike and Mike have already been given their approved list of questions that they are permitted to ask of Daz in their interview.

so you're saying that bates is another gdf. that seems to be proven by the actions since his tenure started
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Um, not clear what you mean here. You will be dead from self-inflicted wounds in a positive way or a negative way?

Will the self-inflicted wounds be caused by extreme joy or extreme rage?

This is....important?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

so you're saying that bates is another gdf. that seems to be proven by the actions since his tenure started

i don't know that yet tre. but we don't exactly have much evidence yet of Daz (or anyone that Brad hired) being asked tough questions from the media and giving forthright, sincere answers that aren't just more bullshit cliches that don't mean anything
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:43 pm

i don't know that yet tre. but we don't exactly have much evidence yet of Daz (or anyone that Brad hired) being asked tough questions from the media and giving forthright, sincere answers that aren't just more bullshit cliches that don't mean anything

You're a dipshit.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Um, not clear what you mean here. You will be dead from self-inflicted wounds in a positive way or a negative way?

This is....important?

Rage. Dive left redux.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

This is....important?

Rage. Dive left redux.

Since he is not the OC, do you think that will still be the case? :shrug I for one, am expecting a whole lot of fake field goal calls. :koolaid
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm trying to imagine Spaz bopping around Bristol on a mini media tour. It's funny.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm

I will take this moment to restate my 100% support of the Addazio hire.

Step 1 Regenerating excitement about the program = check
Step 2 Good recruiting = check
Step 3 Hiring a solid staff = check

3 good first steps
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I will take this moment to restate my 100% support of the Addazio hire.

3 good first steps

9+ months til signing day. Settle down, sputnik.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I will take this moment to restate my 100% support of the Addazio hire.

3 good first steps

feels like tenantwo season.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:20 pm

:screamyeagle m
mod6A {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

3 good first steps

feels like tenantwo season.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

Nah -- it's just good coaching hire season. 10 & 2 season will be a couple years away.

And nyet to Sputnik
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 am

Dazoo is on Mike and Mike this morning at 9:30.

One thing that's unfortunate about the timing of all of this... 50% of his questions will be about Tim Tebow being released. The Jets ruin EVERYTHING!!!,
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 am

He's not going to ESPN to impress this board. He's going to ESPN to impress high schoolers that this board wants to play football at BC. He may be annoying as shit after a while with that rah rah shit, but it seems sincere, and frankly I could give a shit if it impresses Rev or IB so long as it impresses the people that actually have to play football.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Dazoo is on Mike and Mike this morning at 9:30.

One thing that's unfortunate about the timing of all of this... 50% of his questions will be about Tim Tebow being released. The Jets ruin EVERYTHING!!!,

That was a heckuva interview Dazoo just gave on Tebow. Thanks M-E-S-S... MESS! MESS! MESS!

Usually... I quote my posts to say I was right... not this time. 95% of his time was spent talking about Tebow.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

your floriduh fan friend clearly never watched a frank spaziani coached football game. to coin a phrase... there can't possibly be anyone worse than frank spaziani

:chewbanka
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's not going to ESPN to impress this board. He's going to ESPN to impress high schoolers that this board wants to play football at BC. He may be annoying as shit after a while with that rah rah shit, but it seems sincere, and frankly I could give a shit if it impresses Rev or IB so long as it impresses the people that actually have to play football.

this

HANSENPOST
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Adaziani's ESPN Day

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am

I guess he's on multiple shows today...also stumbled upon this:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/ ... ve-addazio

lets see who gets the best question in
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Adaziani's ESPN Day

Postby talon on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 am

Sucks that this happens the day after the Jets cut Tebow. ESPN will be asking him Tebow questions all day long.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

Did this deserve its own thread because I was hating too much on the Jets in the "Dazoo will be a great hire" thread???

He is The Herd at 12:45 and College Football Live on ESPN2 at 3:30. The College Football show may be the only one where he won't be asked exclusively about Tebow (though the only real other topic they asked him about on Mike & Mike this morning will certainly come up... Boston Marathon Bombing).

I've bitched about it in the other thread... but, to be clear, Dazoo did a fine job this morning and he should not push the conversation to BC. There really isn't much to discuss about BC yet. So, if he is essentially in Bristol to be a representative for Boston (re: the Bombing) and Tebow (re: his OC), so be it. He should be using this opportunity to just be a damn good interview. This will build goodwill within ESPN hosts and will lead to great press when BC finally does something of value. That is what gets you comments like "And... by the way... before we go any farther... great win this weekend from Coach Steve Addazio, who is a a favorite of the show... in a very short time, he has that thing in Boston College heading in the right direction."
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am

not really...i just hadnt read that thread yet this morning and i hadnt seen one for dazianis all day event
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 am

Guy is doing well on the offseason part of the job. This will help him with the other part, which is really what determines if he's a success or not. But here's hoping. The big criticism that everyone's Florida fan is focused on was his play-calling. He's not calling plays here. So if Day is really the wunderkind we've all heard about, and Dazzler doesn't look over his shoulder and micro-manage (like Spaz and McGovern - or Gene and Spaz), then maybe this whole thing will work out.

Also, I don't know if we necessarily knocked it out of the park with the Addazio and Bates hires, or if we're all just unused to seeing competent people who try hard at their jobs occupying these positions at BC. Not to say I don't like the guys, but all of the stuff the fanbase has been admiring/geeking out on is probably all just what you're supposed to actually do as an AD or a Head Coach.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's not going to ESPN to impress this board. He's going to ESPN to impress high schoolers that this board wants to play football at BC. He may be annoying as shit after a while with that rah rah shit, but it seems sincere, and frankly I could give a shit if it impresses Rev or IB so long as it impresses the people that actually have to play football.

For the record, the Rev and IB are such different personalities that I couldn't imagine what would impress them both. Given that one has a briny, seasonal puddle-in-the-desert for an intellect that is impressed with lowbrow bullshit and the other regularly patents phrases that this board uses forever, a thing that would impress the two of them would be beyond the comprehension of most of us - like when those spirits rise out of the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark, which would have Rev shouting 'IB, close your eyes! Don't look at it!' while tied to a pole behind the wide load.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium