Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 am

after knoll's pat missed the net in the bronx, daz's record is 3-19 when you remove cupcakes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 am

this thread is gonna kill an hour of my day
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:20 am

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:
Mike_S {l Wrote}:Like Teddy, I'm cautiously on board.

If he can keep things focused when the first significant adversity hits, and not let it snowball badly, I'll be all-in.

For the record I'm in on Adazio. Love what he's done already and give him huge props for righting a sinking ship. I'm also in on Bates. He is making stuff happen and has clearly re-energized the whole athletic department. Bravo!

bump
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 am

I stopped reading after this gem

BCdee {l Wrote}:I will say that I am very excited about BC Football again!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3 :piss :pickle :piss :spaz3
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

I'm just a prick - there's no groove for that.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.

dear pedro - i figured it out....

i was right.

go get your shinebox
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

this thread will become fagtag central

est
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:42 pm

The post doesn't change but the sig sure did:

Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I also wouldn't be surprised if we win 9 this year.

You'll get your money from the Nigerian minister before you get this from Daz

hehe
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 pm

I've got a Daziani joke for you all.

Q: Why does Daz hate getting a lead early in the game?

A: Because he likes to ketchup! :whammy
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Let the record show that I have not signed my name to this atrocity of a thread. SIC SEMPER DRYWALLUS.

Between when I wrote this and today, hansen and TRE opined in this thread at length about whether they'd rather experience another dude's butthole or his huang. Search terms are 'i might go asshole'.

On a related note, I never endorsed this hire, even after he beat USC. Go mash your fries in ketchup, all of you.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I have an idea - which one does huang want to kiss?

This is quite the paradox.

Although I find men's asshole more disgusting than men's dicks, I think if I had to choose one to kiss then I might go asshole.
Because once your mouth is on a dick, you're forever a guy who sucks cock. And I'm not down with that no matter how much TRE tries to convince me (and the rest of the fourteen people on the board) otherwise.

i think this was after hansen bought all those sex-toy weeners in aslandia
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:this thread will become fagtag central

est

just like the canary baby maker, I never learned what fagtagging was
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am

thanks to hoff for this reminder, one of daz's greatest rants

https://twitter.com/EJHoffses/status/798675844654886913

was deep in the lost season of '15
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:thanks to hoff for this reminder, one of daz's greatest rants

https://twitter.com/EJHoffses/status/798675844654886913

was deep in the lost season of '15

It's two years later, coach.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 pm

so.... ummm... BUMP
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:so.... ummm... BUMP

Lol I’ll give him a lot of credit but this doesn’t make him a good coach. That being said as long as he doesn’t lose to UConn, he’s earned another year. This looks like a totally different team than we’ve seen earlier in the year. I get that FSU is down but if this team plays like they did against UVA and today against FSU they beat everyone remaining on their schedule.

Addazio deserves plenty of blame over the years but massive props for recruiting some of these players. BC football is fun again.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:21 am

Stop. They won 3 games they were supposed to win. Nothing more.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Stop. They won 3 games they were supposed to win. Nothing more.

I don't know if this was sarcasm, and I'm not looking to defend Addazio, but BC was an underdog the last three weeks.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:10 am

The winless ACC year is still inexcusable and I know his winning now guarantees a 7/8 win 2018, but winning is better than losing. Until he loses again, HT to Notorious Orange
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:46 am

Really need to see a big recruiting class this offseason if they continue with the wins.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 am

If Daz has actually stopped micromanaging and handed over the play-calling to the coordinators -- which looks to be the case the last 3 weeks -- then yes, Daz may still turn out to be a good hire.

There's no questioning his ability as a motivator and his ability to build team chemistry. Even when the fan base had completely given up on him, he never lost his team. You've got to give him that.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:28 pm

This is all it takes? One blow job from a fat chick and you're all in line to buy engagement rings?!? Despicable.

Daz' pathological fears and idiotic risk-aversity will cost us at least one game this season we should otherwise win, and his ceiling for the program is STILL eight wins (before bowl) against decent competition.

Something clearly changed the past few weeks - I expect the shifting of responsibility or scheming limits from Daz to someone with more sense - but if anything, this should illustrate Daz' shortcomings, rather than celebrate that he FINALLY acceded to doing something he should have done a long time ago.

Fire this clown.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:This is all it takes? One blow job from a fat chick and you're all in line to buy engagement rings?!? Despicable.

Daz' pathological fears and idiotic risk-aversity will cost us at least one game this season we should otherwise win, and his ceiling for the program is STILL eight wins (before bowl) against decent competition.

Something clearly changed the past few weeks - I expect the shifting of responsibility or scheming limits from Daz to someone with more sense - but if anything, this should illustrate Daz' shortcomings, rather than celebrate that he FINALLY acceded to doing something he should have done a long time ago.

Fire this clown.

+5 for Tonto

These wins (this season as a whole) basically ensures that Addazio will coach out the remainder of his contract. I figured that was going to happen either way (just because of money) but Daz is pretty much guaranteed to be here now until 2020 when everything ends. I do not expect there to be any kind of contract extension regardless of how many 5,6, or 7 win seasons happen between now and 2020. There is too much history here, too many data points on this man. He can't sell top blue chip caliber athletes. Its as simple as that. You can not challenge for the ACC if you consistently bring up the rear in recruiting, year after miserable year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's time for Bates to finally #beadude and fire this guy. There is not a single aspect of his job that he does well. Plus, he looks like a moron and probably smells like a mix of BO and Drakkar.

Do you still feel that Daz should be fired?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's time for Bates to finally #beadude and fire this guy. There is not a single aspect of his job that he does well. Plus, he looks like a moron and probably smells like a mix of BO and Drakkar.

I do
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am

If BC is aspiring to anything better than mediocrity Daz should still be fired.

I'm happy for the kids for turning this around and making a bowl. Good for them.

Realistically, this bought Daz (and Jarmond) another year which allows for a smaller buyout and hopefully more money to the next coach.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Daz will not be fired so it's not really worth the words, but he probably shouldn't be either. He's a bad game day coach. He has a pretty solid ceiling (meaning he can't break it, not that its high), especially with the current mostly revitalized top of the ACC. Counter points, his recruiting now seems better than it appears on paper and he has some good assistant hires under his belt at this point.

In my opinion he shouldn't be fired because the likelihood of falling back down is higher than not at this point. If we hire a Schiano (probably less likely than before this weekend thank God), or Golden it will be absolutely terrible, its like a Daz slight plus or slight minus but with at least 4 years tacked on and without the inherent benefits of continuity at a non-terrible level.

Exception is if Jarmond can back channel with a high quality candidate with much greater upside than the slop we hear about and has some assurance he can land said candidate. Even then its a risk, but at least worth it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:34 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:This is all it takes? One blow job from a fat chick and you're all in line to buy engagement rings?!? Despicable.

Fire this clown.

+5 for Tonto

These wins (this season as a whole) basically ensures that Addazio will coach out the remainder of his contract. I figured that was going to happen either way (just because of money) but Daz is pretty much guaranteed to be here now until 2020 when everything ends. I do not expect there to be any kind of contract extension regardless of how many 5,6, or 7 win seasons happen between now and 2020. There is too much history here, too many data points on this man. He can't sell top blue chip caliber athletes. Its as simple as that. You can not challenge for the ACC if you consistently bring up the rear in recruiting, year after miserable year.

Your recruiting schtick is as tiresome and valid as another poster's past incessant ranting about Don Brown's ability to coach defense. The more evidence to the contrary, the deeper you want to dig your own grave. But carry on.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:38 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

Yes.

After four 7-win seasons in five years, there is strong evidence to suggest that 7 wins is his ceiling. That won't cut it, even at BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 pm

In my opinion, a huge part of the turnaround is AJ Dillon. If he stayed with Michigan, we might've had a 1-7 or 2-6 ACC year and Addazio would be out the door. But I'll give him credit for AJ and Anthony Brown. At this point, I'd rather keep status quo because I actually think we have a chance to compete for a conference championship over the next couple of years.

And welcome back.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium