Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:1. Screw the win-loss record for this question. If this offense doesn't score at least 21 points per game in 2016, I am done with Daz. He's an offensive coach and these are his players. The offensive production has gone down with each passing season under Daz and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

2. If Daz goes 5-3 in conference play I will be very optimistic about the future. 5-3 would be his best conference record since arriving at BC.

This. 9-3 and he is off my hotseat. 8-4 just OK.

what about 5-7/6-6 (aka - a more realistic expectation)

Don't agree. .500 in the adult schedule should be expected.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:31 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:1. Screw the win-loss record for this question. If this offense doesn't score at least 21 points per game in 2016, I am done with Daz. He's an offensive coach and these are his players. The offensive production has gone down with each passing season under Daz and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

2. If Daz goes 5-3 in conference play I will be very optimistic about the future. 5-3 would be his best conference record since arriving at BC.

Don't you have to have at some point bought in or at least given some benefit of the doubt to be done?

I bought in for a while after the win over USC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

1) 5 wins or less with this schedule signals to me he doesn't have what it takes (means that we lost at least one against Umass, Wagner, Buffalo, Syracuse, UConn, or WF)

2) 9 or more makes me think he may have a successful future here. 7 or 8 won't instill a belief he can do it long term, just means that 2017 becomes another "show me" year
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:14 pm

5-wins or less means the longer he stays, the more damage he is doing to the program.
7 or 6-wins means he is clearly not part of the solution, but we can tread water for another year and let the new AD make the hire.
8 or more wins means that there is a chance he can turn it around and have a TOB-like tenure.

N.B. I have no illusions of him ever winning big. His game management and hot-headed Eyetal demeanor will forever handicap his ability to see double-digit wins. As such, his ceiling is TOB, but right now it seems more and more likely that even that is unattainable. He's appears to be more another version of Henning.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bcshater on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Less than 5 wins and he should be canned this year. Yes I am being lenient, very lenient. Being too patient. I remember when BC football use to be fun.
9 wins and Daz stays for another year.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

:81
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}::81

The khaki and white polo with sneakers look is not working for them.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:04 pm

if adaziani doesnt get to 6 wins this year, it will have meant he lost to one of the following:

Massachusetts
Wagner
Buffalo
Syracuse (2-13 in it's last 15 acc games before beating us to end last season)
Connecticut
Wake Forest (2-18 in it's last 20 acc games, with the only wins coming with the scores being 3-0, and 6-3 in double OT)

it also presumes that he doesnt win ANY games against mediocre to good teams in year 4.

let that sink in for a minute.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bcshater on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:56 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:if adaziani doesnt get to 6 wins this year, it will have meant he lost to one of the following:

Massachusetts
Wagner
Buffalo
Connecticut
Wake Forest (2-18 in it's last 20 acc games, with the only wins coming with the scores being 3-0, and 6-3 in double OT)

it also presumes that he doesnt win ANY games against mediocre to good teams in year 4.

It's sinking in and it's sad but I'm not totally or even partially optimistic on this season. We could easily lose to the Cuse, UConn and Wake. If we do lose to Wake please please please not like we did last year.

Yes I do like BC football and "Let's Make BC football great again".
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:04 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:if adaziani doesnt get to 6 wins this year, it will have meant he lost to one of the following:

Massachusetts
Wagner
Buffalo
Connecticut

Yep, and he won't get fired nor really should he at 6.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Massachusetts
Wagner
Buffalo
Connecticut

salty
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:27 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Massachusetts
Wagner
Buffalo
Connecticut

salty

A coach following spaz who wins 7, 7, 3, 6 won't get fired and I'm not sure I think he should. I'm kind of unsure at 6, 7 I definitely don't think he should be fired.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:39 am

hello
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hello

This is perfect
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:20 pm

In hindsight, Daz is :toby light.
All the positives/negatives of Teh disciplinarian but with the negatives that he can't manage the game.
I'd probably complain more about the hire but I realize we aren't getting anyone better so we might as well accept it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Tgosb has started two threads ripping Daz on TOS, the fourth wall has been torn down.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Tgosb has started two threads ripping Daz on TOS, the fourth wall has been torn down.

Anything in particular that's worth mentioning?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:26 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Tgosb has started two threads ripping Daz on TOS, the fourth wall has been torn down.

Anything in particular that's worth mentioning?

Not really, it's kind of just concern troll style gloating about how much the program is in the shitter with some disingenuous harkening back to the halcyon TOB. He really has it out for addazio though.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:23 pm

TGOSB's is probably upset that firing Hoffses didn't get him more access or recruiting scoop.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 am

TOB was a shitty game manager. Freshman QB Hail Mary at NCSU? He did the exact same things Daz does, keeping it close enough to lose, only he generally had a kicker, and the later teams were just better than this one, especially at QB and line.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:19 pm

On the team's timeout with four minutes left …

"Timeout there was to get as much clock as we could. Our goal as that point was to take as much time off the clock as we could, punt the ball and let our defense win the game. And we thought that was the right strategy at that point. The defense went out there and got them in a fourth and 20. And that was the play there."

Any time you have a chance to burn a timeout to remove an additional 1 of the 240 seconds remaining, or 0.42% of the remaining clock, you have to.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:20 pm

On preparing the team for UMass next weekend …

Really, for on opening day in the pouring rain, in Europe, it was really a well-played game on both sides of the ball. Those are the facts. So anybody can pick any negative crumb they want and run with it. That's fine, but there was a lot of good stuff there."

Christ this guy is delusional
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:TOB was a shitty game manager. Freshman QB Hail Mary at NCSU? He did the exact same things Daz does, keeping it close enough to lose, only he generally had a kicker, and the later teams were just better than this one, especially at QB and line.

The only coach we had that played to win in the last 20 years has been Jiggsy. The common thread between TOB and the Mario Bros. is that their teams would win games in spite of the coaching when they did win and they would coach to lose and it cost them a lot of winnable games in the 4th quarter. Sure enough Jiggsy had us in two ACC title games. There were no excuses like "gee we lost Matt Ryan so we have to break in a new QB". They still won the division.

I was watching a game last night where some team would start moving the ball and they would take the QB out and put another guy in at QB and he would screw the pooch and the crowd was booing. Brought me back to the days of Brian St. Pierre coming in for the 2nd quarter experiment under TOB. The announcers were completely baffled at the stupidity. I wasn't, I had seen something stupid like that before.

Jesus Christ I'm all worked up again.

At this point it's clear Daz has a "learning disability" and we can only hope he leaves the place in a better place than Spaz did for the next guy. Maybe by some miracle BC lands a good coach by completely fucking accident.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Daz plays to lose.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flakes on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Daz is 2-12 in games decided by 4 points or less. TWO AND FUCKING TWELVE!
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:48 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Daz is 2-12 in games decided by 4 points or less. TWO AND FUCKING TWELVE!

2-12 shows exactly what a good coach could do with this program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Daz is 2-12 in games decided by 4 points or less. TWO AND FUCKING TWELVE!

fuck good, it even shows what a mediocre coach could do
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

fuck good, it even shows what a mediocre coach could do

Of course the horrifically boring playing not to lose does result in a lot of artificially close games so a "mediocre" coach might be more like 4-7 or something
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:28 am

I just don't understand how stupid this man has to be. I mean, over-and-over-and-over again, he constantly makes that same type of in-game mistakes that have the same effect... a close loss. The stats show that he is insane, really stupid or is more concerned about keeping the game close than winning? Look, you can have a conservative gameplan. But, you can't combine that with conservative decisions regardless of situation.

All that said, I don't think Daz really understands what's happening in a game. I think he is easily distracted by everything that is going on around him. So, I am not really advocating to have him make more aggressive in-game decisions because I am certain that he will choose poorly the time and place to do so. What I am really advocating is for him to take off the headsets during the game and let his coordinators run the show. Maybe he should practice squatting 10 yards away from everyone and pick blades of grass.
Can't believe that's what I'm hoping for. :toby
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I just don't understand how stupid this man has to be. I mean, over-and-over-and-over again, he constantly makes that same type of in-game mistakes that have the same effect... a close loss. The stats show that he is insane, really stupid or is more concerned about keeping the game close than winning? Look, you can have a conservative gameplan. But, you can't combine that with conservative decisions regardless of situation.

All that said, I don't think Daz really understands what's happening in a game. I think he is easily distracted by everything that is going on around him. So, I am not really advocating to have him make more aggressive in-game decisions because I am certain that he will choose poorly the time and place to do so. What I am really advocating is for him to take off the headsets during the game and let his coordinators run the show. Maybe he should practice squatting 10 yards away from everyone and pick blades of grass.
Can't believe that's what I'm hoping for. :toby

Maybe Loeffler gets in his ear about it as the season goes on.

A big part of the problem with him is his offense takes 15 perfectly executed plays to score most the time. They have fast WRs and need to figure out some way to get chunk plays
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium