Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Can we all just agree that Daziani has not turned out to be a great hire (even though we are three years in)??? In fact, he is closer to being the disaster that we feared when announced than he is great.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The Trustees need to take over the day to day management of the athletic department. They need to form a trustee committee with a chairman that Bates will report to and take direction from. Leahy will have no involvement in the athletic department and he can focus on academics and fund raising. Athletics is to big of a business to keep letting the same people make all of the decesions. BC cannot be a bottom dweller in the ACC. BC cannot have half full stadiums and declining season ticket sales year after year after year.

FILL IN THE CORNERS.

ps - your retarded

he might be retarded but he's not all wrong.

but his ideas and discussions are about as valid as suggesting they go beck in time in their delorean to bring back the 1992 "dream team" to play for boston college. those guys wouldn't be eligible to play in college so it would just be dumb to suggest

Athletics is to [sic] big of a business to keep letting the same people make all of the decesions [sic].

This is the part that is right. The amount of money in college football has exploded in just the last 10 years. BC has not modified its behavior accordingly, and the football and hoop programs will continue to wither and die if the Jesuits continue to hold tight on the purse strings and let Brad Bates schedule Howard and Maine out-of-conference.

And to be specific, BC needs real practice facilities for both flagship sports and also needs to spend competitive coaching salary dollars.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Can we all just agree that Daziani has not turned out to be a great hire (even though we are three years in)??? In fact, he is closer to being the disaster that we feared when announced than he is great.

We could. But if we just leave it at that, then what the hell are we going to talk about until next August?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Can we all just agree that Daziani has not turned out to be a great hire (even though we are three years in)??? In fact, he is closer to being the disaster that we feared when announced than he is great.

We could. But if we just leave it at that, then what the hell are we going to talk about until next August?

at least some or all of the following:

1. transfers
2. losing recruits to ped state and other better programs
3. non-acc basketball players
4. the frozen four
5. meat bombs
5. transitive penis kissing
6. asshat of the year
7. why asshat of the year is not worst poster of the year
8. chapter 7
9. scrush2
10. Kennesaw state's cinderalla tournament run to the sweet 16
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:31 pm

The business world hires have had real flame outs at Michigan and Texas. I don't know if BC should go that way.

Addazio was a mediocre hire and an over reaction to Spaz's lifeless persona and recruiting. If he cannot figure out the offense, he will be gone and the new guy will benefit from a decent "cupboard."
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:37 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The business world hires have had real flame outs at Michigan and Texas. I don't know if BC should go that way.

Addazio was a mediocre hire and an over reaction to Spaz's lifeless persona and recruiting. If he cannot figure out the offense, he will be gone and the new guy will benefit from a decent "cupboard."

Agreed on the AD front (Pat Haden).

As for the "cupboard"... it won't be decent if he comes back for a 5th year without significant improvement in Year 4.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:42 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

at least some or all of the following:

1. transfers
2. losing recruits to ped state and other better programs
3. non-acc basketball players
4. the frozen four
5. meat bombs
5. transitive penis kissing
6. asshat of the year
7. why asshat of the year is not worst poster of the year
8. chapter 7
9. scrush2
10. Kennesaw state's cinderalla tournament run to the sweet 16

11. all of the people that won't die next year
12. skanque polls
13. hansen shutting up
14. potus election
15. notre dame conference realignment
16. filling in the corners/indoor practice facility
17. dropping baseball/adding lax bros
18. PRIDE
19. sandwiches
20. the relative gaiety of he-man characters
21. butter steaks
22. who the school will never hire for football or basketball head coach
23. the new york football giants are annoying failures
24. the annual student that does something dumb and either dies or maims him/herself
25. h00pz w3irdoz
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:45 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm sorry that i view uninspired and not impressive as synonymous with the reign of spaz. that does not make me pleased with the new coach.

as you were, always funny and fresh pedro. my apologies for ruining your groove on this website

Unimpressive was for an 8 win season in the ACC. Uninspired was compared to other possible hires. Other than a stache and Ital heritage, Addazio and Spaz are basically nothing alike from start to finish.

I'm just a prick - there's no groove for that.

offensive and defensive stats from the 2012 season would disagree with you. oh sure, temple was better than bc... but are the differences really negligable?

coordinators and assistant coaching rosters would disagree with you.

its going to take more than an over-the-top act at a press conference to convince me that this emperor is wearing clothes. sorry we have a difference of an opinion on that

Yep more than a press conference. I really am not sure how this is debatable. When you figure it out, I'll be here.

It's partially your own fault - you've built up expectations that are hard to match. Despite the ball washers guild giving it two cups and a squeeze, it falls flat.

for those that say it took me until this year to get on board with saying the sarge is a hack, i wanted to remind you of this gem from early in the slaughter career.

the only difference being that it took 2 years to burn through the golden recruits here opposed to the one year it took at temple
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The business world hires have had real flame outs at Michigan and Texas. I don't know if BC should go that way.

As for the "cupboard"... it won't be decent if he comes back for a 5th year without significant improvement in Year 4.

The cupboard is getting less full by the minute today
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:05 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:BC still gets over 10,000 more applications than Notre Dame

WOOOO!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Michigan and Texas aren't BC last time I checked. I really don't think it's that difficult to run an Athletic Department at BC, it should be easy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:12 pm

:spaz2 part deux has 5 years left on his contract. Virtually no chance he gets fired until after the 2017 season at the earliest. We should all hope this is an off season where he gets his shit together because he clearly has no clue wtf he is doing or talking about at this point. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:11 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:BC still gets over 10,000 more applications than Notre Dame

WOOOO!

http://colleges.startclass.com/stories/ ... on-College

no meatbomb
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:46 pm

BC has a very weak structure where too much power is consolidated in too few of people, namely the President, AD and at the time of the hires Sullivan (HR). The AD had sole authority for DBS and parking fees. Joining the ACC was a great move, but the only university where BOT approval was not required was BC. The recently adopted full cost of attendance was decided by the AD and the President, again too few people involved in what turned out to be a lone no vote.

It's clear that the management structure must change due to recent changes namely the amount of money involved. We have had coaches hired, given 5 year contract extensions after 4 years only to be fired a year later. We have no clear direction of what the goals are and no strategy offered to achieve those goals. It's obvious that we have not been able to find a President and an AD capable of running this operation. This is not going back in time, but rather a very necessary and constructive change needed at this time to enable BC to compete at the top of the conference.

Perhaps the committee should have trustees and donors on the board. At a minimum outside voices need to be heard and have some authority to prevent the disasters that have killed attendance and driven the programs to the bottom of the ACC. Does anyone really trust that hiring a new president and AD will guarantee that these problems will be solved?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC has a very weak structure where too much power is consolidated in too few of people, namely the President, AD and at the time of the hires Sullivan (HR). The AD had sole authority for DBS and parking fees. Joining the ACC was a great move, but the only university where BOT approval was not required was BC. The recently adopted full cost of attendance was decided by the AD and the President, again too few people involved in what turned out to be a lone no vote.

It's clear that the management structure must change due to recent changes namely the amount of money involved. We have had coaches hired, given 5 year contract extensions after 4 years only to be fired a year later. We have no clear direction of what the goals are and no strategy offered to achieve those goals. It's obvious that we have not been able to find a President and an AD capable of running this operation. This is not going back in time, but rather a very necessary and constructive change needed at this time to enable BC to compete at the top of the conference.

Perhaps the committee should have trustees and donors on the board. At a minimum outside voices need to be heard and have some authority to prevent the disasters that have killed attendance and driven the programs to the bottom of the ACC. Does anyone really trust that hiring a new president and AD will guarantee that these problems will be solved?

Sullivan is a good guy. Not sure if went to BC or not but he deeply cares about not only BC but BC Athletics in general. Fact... He is the least of the problem up there in upper admin.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 pm

Sullivan is no longer in charge of HR and is basically retired. He had a big roll in the past, but not now going forward.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:26 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}: We have no clear direction of what the goals are and no strategy offered to achieve those goals.

I'm sure that'll all be solved in Bates' strategic plan. Due to be released in July of 2013
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 am

Just wondering how many people are still on the bandwagon NO is driving.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm off but I'm not yet on the FireDaz bandwagon either.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'm off but I'm not yet on the FireDaz bandwagon either.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Not everything is Black and white.
He gets this year to turn it Around.
Less than six wins is failure (fire him) And less than 8 is disappointment.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

if addazio ever goes 9-3 or better i will admit i was wrong about him. if it happens next season i will consider making a GASSON LEVEL CONTRIBUTION to BC
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:30 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

i just have no idea what the expectations or bar is next year. Could get to 8 with a good OLine. Since I expect the defense to regress (just a little bit), a bad OLine could result in a loss to UMass or UConn.

I guess I wish in Year 4 there was a little more certainty.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Well, I guess we're going more pro style next season according to the speculation? Is Loeffler's hiring supportive of that strategic switch? Is the switch another example of the spaghetti against the wall mode of operation that is becoming the hallmark of the Addazio regime? Are his recruits, particularly the OL adaptable to the scheme changing? Is he under such pressure that he is scrambling to find an answer, any answer? Does this guy have a real clue as to what he's doing, or why?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:23 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, I guess we're going more pro style next season according to the speculation? Is Loeffler's hiring supportive of that strategic switch? Is the switch another example of the spaghetti against the wall mode of operation that is becoming the hallmark of the Addazio regime? Are his recruits, particularly the OL adaptable to the scheme changing? Is he under such pressure that he is scrambling to find an answer, any answer? Does this guy have a real clue as to what he's doing, or why?

As long as Daz is running the show, there will be no major changes to the offense.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:32 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, I guess we're going more pro style next season according to the speculation? Is Loeffler's hiring supportive of that strategic switch? Is the switch another example of the spaghetti against the wall mode of operation that is becoming the hallmark of the Addazio regime? Are his recruits, particularly the OL adaptable to the scheme changing? Is he under such pressure that he is scrambling to find an answer, any answer? Does this guy have a real clue as to what he's doing, or why?

As long as Daz is running the show, there will be no major changes to the offense.

This is completely accurate, nothing will change. Will still be run heavy except now we have a QB that has completed a downfield throw at the collegiate level. Also, nobody that Addazio has recruited is suited for a scheme, nor do I think he really has a plan that he has apparently recruited too. He has essentially run 2 different offensive schemes his first 2 years (and whatever the fuck you want to call last season).

Offensively, none of the players are suited for one offense vs. another and this is not a situation where we are changing blocking schemes (like TOB to Jagz zone tendency). If anything, the pieces that Addazio may recruit to his "system", are Bordner type hybrid TE/WR that can block downfield, and taller/bigger white TE/WR that can block may not work in other type offenses (thats honestly the only kind of player that I can think of that would be typecast to Addazio's "system").

Epstein hit the nail on the head, next year is about how the offensive line comes together. Thats it. If its like this year, I wouldn't blame Towles (and Brown for that matter) if he just left mid season (since he'll prob get decapitated and/or die).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:51 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This is completely accurate, nothing will change. Will still be run heavy except now we have a QB that has completed a downfield throw at the collegiate level. Also, nobody that Addazio has recruited is suited for a scheme, nor do I think he really has a plan that he has apparently recruited too. He has essentially run 2 different offensive schemes his first 2 years (and whatever the fuck you want to call last season).

Offensively, none of the players are suited for one offense vs. another and this is not a situation where we are changing blocking schemes (like TOB to Jagz zone tendency). If anything, the pieces that Addazio may recruit to his "system", are Bordner type hybrid TE/WR that can block downfield, and taller/bigger white TE/WR that can block may not work in other type offenses (thats honestly the only kind of player that I can think of that would be typecast to Addazio's "system").

Epstein hit the nail on the head, next year is about how the offensive line comes together. Thats it. If its like this year, I wouldn't blame Towles (and Brown for that matter) if he just left mid season (since he'll prob get decapitated and/or die).

Is the plan to run the same 5 OL back out there?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm not giving up on Addazio yet. I've looked at some of the other coaches we were thinking about hiring and they've been terrible (examples include Lembo, Diaco, Hazell). Would rather have Addazio right now than most of them. At least he is making good staff hires and brings energy to the program. I also like that we go hard after transfers which paid dividends in the first two seasons when we were expected to be bad.

I'm most frustrated by his run down the middle dive offense but if he is abandons that and gives control to the coordinators, we could develop into something very good. Last season was abysmal and that's on Addazio. But some of the better coaches have bad (in some cases really bad) seasons. Maybe 10-2 season is coming early.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 pm

The difference between the 2013 and 2014 offenses is like no weiner vs tucked up. I don't understand how that's not a major change.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium