Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm still on the Daz train.

He still has 6 games to turn this season around. I think if he picks smith everything will fall into place. Given the injuries and the offensive youth, I think a bowl game will be a good outcome.

It then comes down to next year. If we are not challenging* for the ACC title, then I think it's time to jump off.

#shreveportsteamer

* either the division title or within 1 game => anything else would be failure
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:53 pm

My original postulate is correct

- The past 3 years have reversed a really bad situation
- Offensively the past few games have been atrocious
- Addazio/BC will have a few down points - they're in one now
- Keep Calm - the team will continue to improve
- As it is written - So it shall be done

As you see I do not normally come to you in times of triumph - but rather in times of despair - when you need the guidance & reassurance.

You're welcome
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:43 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Gents, the future will prove me right or wrong. I stand by my opinion and think BC will climb out of the morass that Spaz left us in

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!!

climb to 6-6 or climb to acccg?

Will take 4 years but back to the ACCCG

Notorious:

Sticking with this one? Is the FItch/Addazio combo getting us to the ACCCG next year or does he bring in a new OC? Right now he's certainly appears to be just a rah rah TOB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:41 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I'm still on the Daz train.

He still has 6 games to turn this season around. I think if he picks smith everything will fall into place. Given the injuries and the offensive youth, I think a bowl game will be a good outcome.

It then comes down to next year. If we are not challenging* for the ACC title, then I think it's time to jump off.

#shreveportsteamer

Really??
Think a bit about what's unfolding. Assume Smith gets all the rest of the snaps this season. He then becomes the most experienced QB on team. Then who does Daz and Fitch choose as starter? Smith? Wade? Brown (as some would undoubtedly call for as a consequence of yet another QB carousel).

Then 2-3 OL changes are possible, leading to new learning curve there.

Will any of the RBs decide to cut bait and transfer?

No. Contending for ACC is still 2 years off, and then only if Daz gets his head out of his ass.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:51 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Gents, the future will prove me right or wrong. I stand by my opinion and think BC will climb out of the morass that Spaz left us in

Notorious:

Sticking with this one? Is the FItch/Addazio combo getting us to the ACCCG next year or does he bring in a new OC? Right now he's certainly appears to be just a rah rah TOB.

Hi ATL - - they have 1 side of the equation in defense - I think they will get special teams fixed - Right now I don't see how they will get the offense to ACCCG level next year
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:10 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Notorious:

Hi ATL - - they have 1 side of the equation in defense - I think they will get special teams fixed - Right now I don't see how they will get the offense to ACCCG level next year

ACC is garbage... We almost beat FSU and we will either beat or come close to Clemson after they pull a dabo.
That's how we get to the ACCCG.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:26 am

The ACC is not garbage. It's just that the gap between all teams is not nearly what the press would have you believe.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I'm still on the Daz train.

#shreveportsteamer

Really??
Think a bit about what's unfolding. Assume Smith gets all the rest of the snaps this season. He then becomes the most experienced QB on team. Then who does Daz and Fitch choose as starter? Smith? Wade? Brown (as some would undoubtedly call for as a consequence of yet another QB carousel).

Then 2-3 OL changes are possible, leading to new learning curve there.

Will any of the RBs decide to cut bait and transfer?

No. Contending for ACC is still 2 years off, and then only if Daz gets his head out of his ass.

just going to point out that you're responding to hansen...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Burn this goddamn thread with fire.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm

The rah rah bullshit, the sideline antics, the mishandling of the offense, the clock mismanagement.

#beaclown
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:41 pm

A disgraceful end to a disgraceful season. Six years of disgrace in BB and football, rising rarely to a miserable mediocrity. Leahy, Bates, and Addazio can take a bow. The trustees too.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Longest losing streak in 37 years. :bag :titanic :dildodog
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:49 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:The rah rah bullshit, the sideline antics, the mishandling of the offense, the clock mismanagement.

#beaclown

This this this and this. The sideline histrionics are the worst. Every play with the shaking head, the throwing up hands, the motherfucker and goddamn it ... enough already!!! Sends a bad message to the team and looks like frickin amateur hour.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 am

ClubMed93 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:The rah rah bullshit, the sideline antics, the mishandling of the offense, the clock mismanagement.

#beaclown

This this this and this. The sideline histrionics are the worst. Every play with the shaking head, the throwing up hands, the motherfucker and goddamn it ... enough already!!! Sends a bad message to the team and looks like frickin amateur hour.

You're a moron if that's your complaint about Addazio. He got caught swearing on TV a few times, have you ever watched a college football game ? It happens everywhere, give me a break. I guess you'd rather have Spaziani with his face in his hand because he's too embarrassed.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:27 am

I listened to the end of the game on the radio and in the post-game interview, Daz said things are going to be very different next year, pro-style offense and more discipline etc. Which begs the question of what wasn't this done before? As much as I don't want to think it, Daz is sounding like an excuse machine, Spaz and Onahue redux
Last edited by JesuitIvy on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:27 am

NO, I'd love your take on this season. Given the expectations, this was the most disappointing season of my lifetime.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:08 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:NO, I'd love your take on this season. Given the expectations, this was the most disappointing season of my lifetime.

Surprised he disappeared as soon as things went South (no I'm not).

As for Daziani... he put himself on the hot seat with this epic fail of a season. Recruiting will be brutal this Summer. Holding onto the few decent guys we have will be difficult. We are going to lose some talented players just after spending PT on them early on. None of this is good. He misses a bowl game next year, he should be fired. Being better than Spaz is not some sort of lithmus test.

Ultimately, his mishandling of the OL and QB positions have been his downfall. Both speak to his hubris as they were things he used to like to tout. Same with the promotion of Fitch. I recall the comments about this being "his offense" and downplaying the role Day had and how he'd be able to plug and play anyone else and we'd be just as fine. You never know what to believe with Dazoo, but if that's true (that he has been running the O), then he won't see 2017. If, however, Fitch was the trainwreck, then there is a chance that he can hot swap him out and see immediate improvement.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 am

BC put up 20 or more points ZERO times against 10 FBS opponents. Just let that sink in...
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am

I still believe Daz will turn out to be a great hire, or at the very least a very good hire. Barring the surprise success of Darius Wade and the miracle of a completely inexperienced OLine dominating, this year was never going to be a championship year and a step back was always a possibility. The injuries and the OLine being even more disappointing than anticipated brought the worst case scenario for this year to the table. But this really was a "everything that can go wrong, did go wrong" kind of year. This team will definitely get better from '15 and I still think Daz can field an ACC Championship team in the next five years.

With all of that said, the youth and inexperience of the offense this year really exposed the coaching staff in a way that even a halfway decent offense might've covered up. Play selection, clock management, and getting the plays off on time are the three biggest areas that this year exposed, and they're 100% on the staff.

I don't like Daz's defensiveness and unwillingness to criticize himself and his staff, because this year really laid bare what was the players (youth, inexperience and injuries) vs. what was the coaches (wasting TO's, wasting opportunities, and not calling plays to put the players in a position to score). I can only hope that rewatching some game tape, removed from the press conferences and the pressures of mid-season, Daz can take a good look in the mirror and correct what is in his power to correct.

Take care of that, and I really like where we're going.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:37 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I still believe Daz will turn out to be a great hire, or at the very least a very good hire. Barring the surprise success of Darius Wade and the miracle of a completely inexperienced OLine dominating, this year was never going to be a championship year and a step back was always a possibility. The injuries and the OLine being even more disappointing than anticipated brought the worst case scenario for this year to the table. But this really was a "everything that can go wrong, did go wrong" kind of year. This team will definitely get better from '15 and I still think Daz can field an ACC Championship team in the next five years.

With all of that said, the youth and inexperience of the offense this year really exposed the coaching staff in a way that even a halfway decent offense might've covered up. Play selection, clock management, and getting the plays off on time are the three biggest areas that this year exposed, and they're 100% on the staff.

I don't like Daz's defensiveness and unwillingness to criticize himself and his staff, because this year really laid bare what was the players (youth, inexperience and injuries) vs. what was the coaches (wasting TO's, wasting opportunities, and not calling plays to put the players in a position to score). I can only hope that rewatching some game tape, removed from the press conferences and the pressures of mid-season, Daz can take a good look in the mirror and correct what is in his power to correct.

Take care of that, and I really like where we're going.

Fix the damn OLine. A good OLine and Daz keeps his job. A bad one is getting him fired.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:44 am

Daz is a shitty game day coach. He is probably a plus recruiter. He has gotten one assistant hire perfect and a couple more may be good, he's either botched the shit out of several others or the micromanagement rumors accepted as fact are fact. Either way he has had a horrendous year as a ceo, which has extended to player personnel of course also.

He failed overall this year, the only way he can fail more is to lose more players and recruits and that seems inevitable. All that being said, if the OL isn't abysmal he should be able to return to mediocrity next year. My hot take is this, even though he's got a low concrete ceiling and fell through his assumed high floor this year, it's still better to keep on with him unless some kind of actual change in how BC coaching hires are made. Otherwise it'll just be the same shit with a different uninspiring name at the top but without whatever continuity gives you. Now all that being said, this feels like the wheels may be off the track so a lot will be determined in the offseason (not whether he stays, that's a lock) but whether there is a chance staying is good.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:47 am

I think what Daz does at OC will seal his fate. If he tries to go to a pro style with Fitch or Kevin Rogers, he is done as he does not have the personnel (and hasn't attempted to recruit the personnel) to run such an offense. He'd need a monumental transfer of a major QB to have any hope of that working. Not to mention that such an offense puts even greater reliance upon OLinemen and WRs.

If he hopes to save his job, he'll need to bring in a new OC (to make Fitch the scapegoat if nothing else) and work the magic of the previous two seasons.

Query: if Tyler Murphy doesn't transfer to BC, is Daz still the coach next year?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 am

if addziani truly will switch the offense next year to a more pro style, well, its a good thing he's spent 3 years recruiting for a spread style offense

:clownshoes
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:if addziani truly will switch the offense next year to a more pro style, well, its a good thing he's spent 3 years recruiting for a spread style offense

It doesn't really matter. Who would you say he recruited the last few cycles that is only suited for a spread offense ? He's not going to recruit differently (outside of maybe QB) from one system to another. And with that being said, Wade and Brown are both good throwers of the ball. Jeff Smith is the only person you can point to that maybe is suited best for a spread offense, and I imagine he was brought in with the understanding that a position change is more than likely

And anyone who thinks there is going to be a difference next year is crazy. It's still going to be run first, run heavy. As some have said before, fix the offensive line and this thing turns around quickly.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think what Daz does at OC will seal his fate. If he tries to go to a pro style with Fitch or Kevin Rogers, he is done as he does not have the personnel (and hasn't attempted to recruit the personnel) to run such an offense. He'd need a monumental transfer of a major QB to have any hope of that working. Not to mention that such an offense puts even greater reliance upon OLinemen and WRs.

If he hopes to save his job, he'll need to bring in a new OC (to make Fitch the scapegoat if nothing else) and work the magic of the previous two seasons.

Query: if Tyler Murphy doesn't transfer to BC, is Daz still the coach next year?

He absolutely needs to hand off to someone and GTFO of the offense. It probably won't happen, but is what needs to happen.

As to the Tyler Murphy question, maybe not, or maybe all this shit held together with gum and duck tape would have been exposed and addressed a year earlier and some kind of changes would have been made while the Spaz stink could still take more of the blame,.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:if addziani truly will switch the offense next year to a more pro style, well, its a good thing he's spent 3 years recruiting for a spread style offense

It doesn't really matter. Who would you say he recruited the last few cycles that is only suited for a spread offense ? He's not going to recruit differently (outside of maybe QB) from one system to another. And with that being said, Wade and Brown are both good throwers of the ball. Jeff Smith is the only person you can point to that maybe is suited best for a spread offense, and I imagine he was brought in with the understanding that a position change is more than likely

And anyone who thinks there is going to be a difference next year is crazy. It's still going to be run first, run heavy. As some have said before, fix the offensive line and this thing turns around quickly.

I'm great with a run heavy offense, you just need to block.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:04 pm

No shit! How do switch to a pro style offense (which BC should be running) without recruiting a QB that can throw the ball down field?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:05 pm

The schedule is soft enough and we will improve enough for Daz to get to 6-6. He'd be safe. Even with 5 wins, he would be safe. 4 wins and things get interesting. I think the earliest Ryan Day takes over is 2018.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Ultimately, the frustration comes from the mismanagement that led to close losses. 2 to Duke, 3 to Wake, 3 to Louisville, 3 to ND, and 3 to Cuse. Better in game coaching could have swung those games in our favor. Better OLine play could have swung those games in our favor. If Daz fixes either of those he will win 6 games next year. That will be enough for the BoT to keep him. I doubt we make another football HC hire before Leahy is gone.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:39 pm

If everybody gets canned in Philly, does Ryan Day come back to BC for a third stint (second as OC)?
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium