Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Glad to see we're all staying rational.

wish this happened before asshat nominations ended
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 am

Supposedly, our special teams coach is no longer with us. I didn't realize just how wide right this was... :spaz2 :laugh :roll:

I do think Knoll will end up being a good kicker for us. (edit - at least I hope so!!! :pontif )

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:26 am

Pretty clear that it was not the fault of the field.

We also had one blocked punt and a successful fake punt in a situation where we should have been ready for it, but were not.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:28 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Pretty clear that it was not the fault of the field.

We also had two blocked punts this season.

Nope, he just absolutely shanked it.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:

I've been thinking lately how all year we had Tyler holding kicks, but never ran a fake, and how absolutely fantastic it would have been if THIS ONE TIME, Tyler just tucked it and ran.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

I've been thinking lately how all year we had Tyler holding kicks, but never ran a fake, and how absolutely fantastic it would have been if THIS ONE TIME, Tyler just tucked it and ran.

What's even more shocking is that we had Day who has made his living doing just that... calling fake kicks in bowl games.

As for the field condition, the announcer and reporters all said his foot slipped. Not easy to see from that video, but it does seem like his heel slides to the ball a bit on planting.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:Supposedly, our special teams coach is no longer with us. I didn't realize just how wide right this was... :spaz2 :laugh :roll:

I do think Knoll will end up being a good kicker for us. (edit - at least I hope so!!! :pontif )

i couldnt get that much curve if i used a frisbee
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

What's even more shocking is that we had Day who has made his living doing just that... calling fake kicks in bowl games.

As for the field condition, the announcer and reporters all said his foot slipped. Not easy to see from that video, but it does seem like his heel slides to the ball a bit on planting.

It's interesting too because it looks like the Penn State player on the right (can't see a number) is there to protect against a Murphy run. He makes no attempt to get in and block the kick and looks like he's staring down Tyler.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

It's interesting too because it looks like the Penn State player on the right (can't see a number) is there to protect against a Murphy run. He makes no attempt to get in and block the kick and looks like he's staring down Tyler.

In fairness... I would be ripshit if we went for two there. Especially... after not going for the TD on 4th Down from the 3.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:14 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

The guy next to him as well.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

The guy next to him as well.

Didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing out.

Assuming Giacone (#88) blocks the second guy, I'd put money on Tyler being able to beat the other guy to the edge.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Coach is on espn2 for the bcs game special.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:14 am

I'm still of the opinion that this was a great hire.

- Addazio quickly rescued BC from Bolivian - in my opinion much faster than 90+% of other coaches would have
- He has brought much needed swagger back into the program
- Next he brings us back to the top 25 on a regular basis
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I'm still of the opinion that this was a great hire.

- Addazio quickly rescued BC from Bolivian - in my opinion much faster than 90+% of other coaches would have

He's earned some patience from the fan base, but this OL thing is a concern considering that was supposed to be his bread & butter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:43 am

counterpoints

- the oline sucks dgf's wife's cock and that was his alleged expertise
- he still blows at managing the clock and i predict his ineptness here will cost us another game this year
- i think the whole #dude thing is dumb and will grow tired with the players just as quickly as it gained traction with them but the stupid marketing folks will keep using it in spite of it's loss of favor
- he has a flutie on the team and has yet to use it for a successful fake field goal
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:04 am

He gets one more year (this year) from me to stop using the talent discrepancy excuse for his conservative playcalling. It makes sense why he is doing it against top teams while rebuilding, but I lose patience with it as his players get here and the talent on defense at least is just fine at that level. I also lose patience when he doesn't use two glorified scrimmages to let his QB throw and instead pounds it into the line to prove a point to his line that can't block.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He gets one more year (this year) from me to stop using the talent discrepancy excuse for his conservative playcalling. It makes sense why he is doing it against top teams while rebuilding, but I lose patience with it as his players get here and the talent on defense at least is just fine at that level. I also lose patience when he doesn't use two glorified scrimmages to let his QB throw and instead pounds it into the line to prove a point to his line that can't block.

There's a very good chance we'll have a new QB again next year, since it's far from guaranteed that either Flutie or Smith can earn the job permanently. I know nobody wants to hear new excuses, but '16 might very well be the 4th different QB in Daz's 4 years. If that's the case, you can expect a very vanilla, run-heavy offense next year too. There should be zero excuses on the running game or the OLine next year though. And I don't think the defense will need any excuses.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:50 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He gets one more year (this year) from me to stop using the talent discrepancy excuse for his conservative playcalling. It makes sense why he is doing it against top teams while rebuilding, but I lose patience with it as his players get here and the talent on defense at least is just fine at that level. I also lose patience when he doesn't use two glorified scrimmages to let his QB throw and instead pounds it into the line to prove a point to his line that can't block.

There's a very good chance we'll have a new QB again next year, since it's far from guaranteed that either Flutie or Smith can earn the job permanently. I know nobody wants to hear new excuses, but '16 might very well be the 4th different QB in Daz's 4 years. If that's the case, you can expect a very vanilla, run-heavy offense next year too. There should be zero excuses on the running game or the OLine next year though. And I don't think the defense will need any excuses.

If we have 4 QB's in 4 years and we run the same B.S. scheme winning only 8 games, that's not excuse and Daz takes full responsibility. Aside from the silly post that ATL made a while back saying that this year will be the litmus test for Daz, I agree with TWB that next year will the year to evaluate Daz and his potential.

why does he get one more year? he's a recruiting expert that can fashion his offense and defense around the skills of the players on board... at least that's what the first few pages of this thread claim.

maybe he should have started his opening press conference with "it will take me 50 games before i feel we can really evaluate how the team is really doing" since that what this board appears to be ready to offer him.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:56 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

If we have 4 QB's in 4 years and we run the same B.S. scheme winning only 8 games, that's not excuse and Daz takes full responsibility. Aside from the silly post that ATL made a while back saying that this year will be the litmus test for Daz, I agree with TWB that next year will the year to evaluate Daz and his potential.

why does he get one more year? he's a recruiting expert that can fashion his offense and defense around the skills of the players on board... at least that's what the first few pages of this thread claim.

maybe he should have started his opening press conference with "it will take me 50 games before i feel we can really evaluate how the team is really doing" since that what this board appears to be ready to offer him.

He gets another year because certain positions like OL can't come in right out of HS and play right away, and take time to develop. He also could have said fuck it on the first two seasons and developed a QB for this season, but chose to win instead. Thinking this year was a touchstone season is retarded.

And comparing development of 300 lbs OL to being ready to play hoop is lazy and retarded
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:04 am

Fuck me, jhiggi is agreeing with me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck me, jhiggi is agreeing with me.

my case is rested, counselor
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:22 am

Blind squirrel, broken clock, etc.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it might also be love. i think he has a little crush on you because you're one of the few that doesn't call him out as publicly as the rest of us. good luck with all that.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it might also be love. i think he has a little crush on you because you're one of the few that doesn't call him out as publicly as the rest of us. good luck with all that.

I'm the one that mocked his fake lobbying job before he faked moved to the hill
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Let the record show that I have not signed my name to this atrocity of a thread. SIC SEMPER DRYWALLUS.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 pm

counterpoints

- the oline sucks dgf's wife's cock and that was his alleged expertise
- he still blows at managing the clock and i predict his ineptness here will cost us another game this year
- i think the whole #dude thing is dumb and will grow tired with the players just as quickly as it gained traction with them but the stupid marketing folks will keep using it in spite of it's loss of favor
- he has a flutie on the team and has yet to use it for a successful fake field goal

I agree with point 1 and 4.
As for point 3, I don't think it's necessarily dumb but I do agree Bc Sports Marketing will fuck it up simply because they fuck everything up.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 0J1969 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:18 pm

tomando {l Wrote}:Spazziani through year 2: 15-11 (8-5, 7-6)
BeDazzler through year 2: 14-12 (7-6, 7-6)

Spaz won 4 games in year 3, so far BeDazzler has 2...

Great hire? Where the rubber meets the road, not so much... but year 3 is traditionally when great coaches have a breakout, bad coaches have a breakdown, and I like to breakdance.

With moves like that you would be my clear favorite for QB on this team. I can tell you would be the right "fit."
0J1969
n00b

Postby StratEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:36 pm

tomando {l Wrote}: SpazDaz - year 3 results might make this picture clearer...

Spazziani through year 2: 15-11 (8-5, 7-6)
BeDazzler through year 2: 14-12 (7-6, 7-6)

Spaz won 4 games in year 3, so far BeDazzler has 2...

Great hire? Where the rubber meets the road, not so much... but year 3 is traditionally when great coaches have a breakout, bad coaches have a breakdown, and I like to breakdance.

I'm not the biggest Daz fan, but those situations are not even remotely comparable
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby William S on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:18 pm

tomando {l Wrote}:
I'm not the biggest Daz fan, but those situations are not even remotely comparable

I'm just comparing wins and losses. BeDazzler was 13-11 in two seasons at Temple as well.

What he needs to do is get some balance in the offense and also hire some type of egghead offensive genius to:

1. Implement a balanced offense (passing will open up running game and vice-versa).
2. Take care of time management/game management.
3. Have a game plan that can be modified in realtime versus results.

Let BeDazzler do the O-line thing and pregame General Patton speech and let the egghead handle the cerebral activities.

If he did this, he might become more "Saban-like" and maybe his results would be too.

By the way, has anyone else noticed what an absolutely horrible poster I am? My terribleness just screams off the screen. It's like I'm channeling some incredibly sucky poster yet not trusting that he sucks enough and making it suck even more.

I can assure you, it's been noted.
William S
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

tomando {l Wrote}:

Let BeDazzler do the O-line thing and pregame General Patton speech and let the egghead handle the cerebral activities.

I actually agree with this.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium