Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby angrychicken on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:49 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's time for Bates to finally #beadude and fire this guy. There is not a single aspect of his job that he does well. Plus, he looks like a moron and probably smells like a mix of BO and Drakkar.

Do you eat really want Bates's making another hire?

Nobody could be worse than Chris Crane.

At this point, I'll take my chances.

Then he just keeps collecting a big BC check until November 2020 for doing nothing. He can buy a house in Hingham right next to Spaz and the two of them are laughing all the way to the bank (of course I certainly hope they aren't still paying Spaz but it wouldn't surprise me if they were.)

There is some dollar figure where Addazio remaining as the head coach is costing the school more money (in donations, ticket sales, concessions, whatever) than it would cost to just pay him to disappear and hire someone else to do his job for him. That is a huge number. I don't think they've hit that yet and until they do. I'm not sure Leahy and the BOT would approve of Bates pulling the trigger twice with such a heavily loaded up contract. Too much $$$$$$.

That is a horrible way to handle this situation. Sometimes you need to cut your losses and move on.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's time for Bates to finally #beadude and fire this guy. There is not a single aspect of his job that he does well. Plus, he looks like a moron and probably smells like a mix of BO and Drakkar.

Then he just keeps collecting a big BC check until November 2020 for doing nothing. He can buy a house in Hingham right next to Spaz and the two of them are laughing all the way to the bank (of course I certainly hope they aren't still paying Spaz but it wouldn't surprise me if they were.)

There is some dollar figure where Addazio remaining as the head coach is costing the school more money (in donations, ticket sales, concessions, whatever) than it would cost to just pay him to disappear and hire someone else to do his job for him. That is a huge number. I don't think they've hit that yet and until they do. I'm not sure Leahy and the BOT would approve of Bates pulling the trigger twice with such a heavily loaded up contract. Too much $$$$$$.

Nice guy Frank is no longer receiving checks from BC. :spaz2 waited until his contract ran out before taking the New Mexico State job he had a standing offer to take so he did not mitigate any of the money he "earned" as HC of BC. :ace

Did his wife go out to New Mexico with him?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:50 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Nice guy Frank is no longer receiving checks from BC. :spaz2 waited until his contract ran out before taking the New Mexico State job he had a standing offer to take so he did not mitigate any of the money he "earned" as HC of BC. :ace

Did his wife go out to New Mexico with him?

FAMILY ATTACK!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Anyone know what TOS thread says about a former player saying things about Daz?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:12 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Anyone know what TOS thread says about a former player saying things about Daz?

Something about a Spaz player saying Daz is mean and yells and Donnie Brown yelled even more. The player probably mentioned something about shaming too.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby L35guy on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Anyone know what TOS thread says about a former player saying things about Daz?

Something about a Spaz player saying Daz is mean and yells and Donnie Brown yelled even more. The player probably mentioned something about shaming too.

I really hope you're joking. If not, these kids are the biggest pussies on the planet.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:26 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I really hope you're joking. If not, these kids are the biggest pussies on the planet.

FWIW, I have heard that all the guy does is yell and swear and the players have begun to tune him out. Also, heard that Brown was actively shopping himself as he wanted to get away from the Dazzler.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:FWIW, I have heard that all the guy does is yell and swear and the players have begun to tune him out.

This was inevitable. His schtick has a short shelf-life, especially when you're not backing it up.

As far as Brown goes, there are probably going to be a lot of transfers regardless of whether or not Daz gets another year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

FWIW, I have heard that all the guy does is yell and swear and the players have begun to tune him out. Also, heard that Brown was actively shopping himself as he wanted to get away from the Dazzler.

When we lose to the cuse by 30, it will be eminently clear that the players have tuned him out

This sounds ridiculous because I fully expect BC to lose, but I'm chomping at the bit for this game. I'm dying to see how they perform against what is a peer team on paper.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:54 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:FWIW, I have heard that all the guy does is yell and swear and the players have begun to tune him out.

This was inevitable. His schtick has a short shelf-life, especially when you're not backing it up.

As far as Brown goes, there are probably going to be a lot of transfers regardless of whether or not Daz gets another year.

i'm surprised no one predicted this previously (and was told that he was not the target audience and that the kids were eating it up) #beadouche
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Hoff on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Along the same message I know a high school coach here in Massachusetts that coaches a decent program (sent 2 kids D1 the last few years). He was telling me that his friends had a son who was a DI transfer (went to H.S. in New England not Massachusetts) that BC was looking at and the son's interest was mutual. This coach I know helped the kid with his recruiting process this time around since his old high school coach wasn't really engaged must in the process last time. Long story short, the kid visits BC, liked the school, but wasnt sold on other things and picked another school to transfer to that he also visited. Addazio called this H.S. coach and starts screaming into the phone "DO YOU KNOW YOU WASTED MY F'N WEEKEND RECRUITING THIS KID??? WHY DID YOU TELL ME HE WANTED TO COME HERE YOU A**HOLE..." They go back and forth for 30 seconds and before Daz hung up.
Hoff
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Hoff {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Along the same message I know a high school coach here in Massachusetts that coaches a decent program (sent 2 kids D1 the last few years). He was telling me that his friends had a son who was a DI transfer (went to H.S. in New England not Massachusetts) that BC was looking at and the son's interest was mutual. This coach I know helped the kid with his recruiting process this time around since his old high school coach wasn't really engaged must in the process last time. Long story short, the kid visits BC, liked the school, but wasnt sold on other things and picked another school to transfer to that he also visited. Addazio called this H.S. coach and starts screaming into the phone "DO YOU KNOW YOU WASTED MY F'N WEEKEND RECRUITING THIS KID??? WHY DID YOU TELL ME HE WANTED TO COME HERE YOU A**HOLE..." They go back and forth for 30 seconds and before Daz hung up.

When you are losing everything gets blown up. I don't like Daz... never have. But, in this case, even if entirely true, I think there is a very obvious explanation here. What if Daz was lukewarm about the kid (noting that I can't think of any local transfers that we might've missed out on) and only recruited the kid as a favor to the HS coach?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Hoff {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think there was a very noticeable and distinct change in Daz's tone last year, in the midst of the collapse leading to 3-9. Angrier, more defensive, more shifting blame. I wonder if these stories you guys are quoting are also from the last 18 months or so, as opposed to the entirety of Daz's tenure. I only asked, because it really seemed like the players liked playing for Daz in '13 and '14. Was that just because anything was better than Spaz or was that genuine? And if there is a shift, is it because Daz's is feeling the heat? Is it just because he can't stand and doesn't handle losing well?

Curious.

For me, a pretty prominent Daz apologist around here, I've been souring over the last few months. The failure of the OL to develop. The terrible attitude on the side line and unbearable press conference excuses. This would certainly add to the loss of faith from the apologists, myself included.

Ultimately, I think these next 6 games decide everything for me. He needs to demolish UConn, win at least 2/3 out of Syracuse, NCST and Wake, and not be totally embarrassed by both FSU and Clemson (I'd accept getting embarrassed by one of them). Anything less than that and I'm done.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Ive heard a variation of this as well, that the players are starting to tune him out. Its too be expected when he keeps trying to jam this offense down everyone's throat when it hasn't worked for 1.5 years.

I actually personally think the OL has developed ok. It wasn't going to become a great line after last year (an indication of how bad it was last season) but I think it has shown some improvement. I also don't mind the sideline stuff, all the people that whine about the ND game last year can just stop it, Id much rather have Addazio on the sideline than Spaziani. For me it comes down to what an arrogant, thin-skinned person he is and the way he comes off as such a know it all in press conferences when he clearly has no clue what he is doing offensively, he really comes off as an arrogant asshole.

Im still of the mind set that there is plenty of talent on this roster and, attrition aside, if BC gets a coach with even a sliver of offensive know-how, he can immediately make this more competitive, but its becoming more and more evident that he has his hands all over this offense and is just strangling it to death.
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:and not be totally embarrassed by both FSU and Clemson (I'd accept getting embarrassed by one of them). Anything less than that and I'm done.

Too late!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Hoff on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Hoff {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

When you are losing everything gets blown up. I don't like Daz... never have. But, in this case, even if entirely true, I think there is a very obvious explanation here. What if Daz was lukewarm about the kid (noting that I can't think of any local transfers that we might've missed out on) and only recruited the kid as a favor to the HS coach?

In some cases you'd be right. I'll just say it was an obvious position of need and the kid went to another D1 program so it was not a favor.
Hoff
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:36 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

When we lose to the cuse by 30, it will be eminently clear that the players have tuned him out

This sounds ridiculous because I fully expect BC to lose, but I'm chomping at the bit for this game. I'm dying to see how they perform against what is a peer team on paper.

it's "champing at the bit." just because Sarge and whoever our basketball coach is suck shit doesn't mean we have to let our standards go.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:46 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

it's "champing at the bit." just because Sarge and whoever our basketball coach is suck shit doesn't mean we have to let our standards go.

Looks like I have been saying it wrong my whole life.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:00 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Looks like I have been saying it wrong my whole life.

that's because chomping on your wife's bits has you confused... :banana
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:02 pm

:x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:07 pm

if slaughter really has lost the players i hope luke's return to campus inspires something that's clearly needed. luke was the one to lock spaz out of the locker room before a game... maybe luke can do the same thing for sarge. it could be a real rally moment - get the kids fired up and having something to play for.

i hope luke reads this board and if i find out that this happens, i'll sign up for a 5 year cpi security contract, new nike kicks for the whole family and 100 cases of diet pepsi all in his name.

c'mon buddy - from one tobaccoroad denizen to another...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:23 pm

fwiw ive heard from someone who traveled with the team for a game over the last year for that not to be the case at all - he was very level headed behind the scenes at all times. that obviously was just a game weekend, no recruiting etc etc.

at the end of the day none of this matters.

the shelf life on screamers is shorter than non screamers. it is shorter on non-winning screamers (adaziani) than it is on winning screamers (harbaugh, saban). players are with the program short enough in the college game that screamers can last so long as they win.

the shelf life on losers is short.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:33 pm

TOS has erupted with a couple of late Spaz era player family members and in at least one case a Spaz supporter (this is apparently actually still a thing) and these are all spouting the Sarge is a big mean jerk mantra. He might be, I have no idea, but these people's agendas are sticking out. I asked whether any of them had apologized for cutting HJS in line. They didn't answer, but I've chosen to believe they are all Max Ricci's dad posting from different accounts.

Also of note:

1) someone seriously suggested Todd Fitch as the next head coach
2) someone says Aaron Smith (the Spaz WR coach) was a better recruiter than Al Washington
3) someone posted a picture from the BC/WV game in 1993 and a poster asked whether someone other than under armor had made the uniforms in the picture.
4) someone heard from a retired MAC referee that our next coach with be Brian Kelly
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:44 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:the shelf life on losers is short.

Unless you're employed by losers.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:47 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:TOS has erupted with a couple of late Spaz era player family members and in at least one case a Spaz supporter (this is apparently actually still a thing) and these are all spouting the Sarge is a big mean jerk mantra. He might be, I have no idea, but these people's agendas are sticking out. I asked whether any of them had apologized for cutting HJS in line. They didn't answer, but I've chosen to believe they are all Max Ricci's dad posting from different accounts.

Also of note:

2) someone says Aaron Smith (the Spaz WR coach) was a better recruiter than Al Washington
3) someone posted a picture from the BC/WV game in 1993 and a poster asked whether someone other than under armor had made the uniforms in the picture.
4) someone heard from a retired MAC referee that our next coach with be Brian Kelly

are you playing "2 truths and 2 lies" as a part of an eo icebreaker? if so, i'm guessing

truth 1 & 3
lie 2 & 4

if we're playing the mike walker game and only one of these stories is a lie, i'm going with 4 as the lie
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:27 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:TOS has erupted with a couple of late Spaz era player family members and in at least one case a Spaz supporter (this is apparently actually still a thing) and these are all spouting the Sarge is a big mean jerk mantra. He might be, I have no idea, but these people's agendas are sticking out. I asked whether any of them had apologized for cutting HJS in line. They didn't answer, but I've chosen to believe they are all Max Ricci's dad posting from different accounts.

Also of note:

Thanks, I needed that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Also of note:

Thanks, I needed that.

Someone named poopie or whatever broke the Don Brown to Michigan news, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Also of note:

are you playing "2 truths and 2 lies" as a part of an eo icebreaker? if so, i'm guessing

truth 1 & 3
lie 2 & 4

if we're playing the mike walker game and only one of these stories is a lie, i'm going with 4 as the lie

I'm going with 2 ***juicy fart***
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Also of note:

You see the attraction, right? He's the OC of LaTech who is ranked like #7 in the nation for offense. I mean... if we are seriously promoting HCRD, why not Fitch. Fitch was a better recruiter and has now accomplished more as an OC than Day.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Great work by PhillyIntern in this thread.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium