Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Great article to see:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019 ... hobbs.html

"A loss, according to published reports, could put Addazio’s job in jeopardy. Either way, the two people familiar with Addazio’s actions say Addazio would have interest in the Rutgers job regardless of whether his BC job is safe of if he’s fired."

To me (if true, a big "if") that means MJ has already told Daz to PACK YER BAGS

That would make sense too. Imagine thinking this game vs Pitt has some sort of meaning relative to the 87 games he has coached here already. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have that line of thinking.

As ATL has pointed out in the past, when you see names in the press, it is the work of agents with coaches as a client. So, those words about RU being a preference of Daz vs. his current job might as well have been in quotes from his agent.

With other schools, such interest from other schools would prompt the current employer to try and secure their coach. At BC, such chirping in the media has the reverse effect. And tends to hasten an exit.

Daz's best way to keep his job at BC is to have some sort of teary, whimpering, heart-wrenching presser where he talks about his love for the school and the players and how he NEVER wanted to be anywhere but BC. That the job he currently has is all he ever dreamed of accomplishing.

The tough-guy... save face... I know what I'm doing... eff everyone... routines means he thinks the end is already here (and such a reaction would most certainly cement the likelihood thereof).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 am

^^ would be really nice to care about bc football again

fingers crossed
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

"A loss, according to published reports, could put Addazio’s job in jeopardy. Either way, the two people familiar with Addazio’s actions say Addazio would have interest in the Rutgers job regardless of whether his BC job is safe of if he’s fired."

That would make sense too. Imagine thinking this game vs Pitt has some sort of meaning relative to the 87 games he has coached here already. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have that line of thinking.

Also, if he left BC to go to Rutgers voluntarily, then so much for BC being his dream job and fuck him.
Anyone have a clip of him saying that?

if he leaves BC to go to Rutgers, there is a 0% chance it is voluntary

you think him saying he would have interest even if not fired is just to keep his options open? the idea of a coach voluntarily leaving BC to go to Rutgers makes me irrationally angry especially after making a big fucking charade about this being his dream job. don't say shit like that if you dont mean it, coach fuckface.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:25 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Also, if he left BC to go to Rutgers voluntarily, then so much for BC being his dream job and fuck him.

you think him saying he would have interest even if not fired is just to keep his options open? the idea of a coach voluntarily leaving BC to go to Rutgers makes me irrationally angry especially after making a big fucking charade about this being his dream job. don't say shit like that if you dont mean it, coach fuckface.

it is irrational anger. because it wouldn't be voluntary. i dont know why you keep thinking it would be.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:34 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Being head coach at Rutgers has never been anyone's "dream." I actually think this was Addazio's dream job. I'll bet he truly believed that if he got this job he could make BC into a powerhouse. He's just not qualified for his dream job.

Being head coach at the P5 university is a sales job. It has taken the BC board of trustees at least seven years and its current AD a couple of years to figure out that he can't close. Hopefully it will not take them any longer than 5 more days to figure out what must be done to fix the problem.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:35 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

it is irrational anger. because it wouldn't be voluntary. i dont know why you keep thinking it would be.

he just wrote your name on the wall he's about to kick (because of his baby daddy's emotional problems)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

only because maybe he sees the Big10 as a conference upgrade, NJ as a recruiting area upgrade, lower admission standards, and possibly a pay upgrade. those might be reasons a person would leave. but he bitches about playing Clemson every year, he would walk into a division with Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State. good luck with that seven win Steve.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

he just wrote your name on the wall he's about to kick (because of his baby daddy's emotional problems)

tre, don't be a stranger, okay? Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:39 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
...as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

they should ask nc state how that kind of thinking works out

The supply officer took a 3-9 nc state team to averaging 8 wins his last three years which is about what you'd expect for 8 win Tom.

look back more than one year. chuck the chest had them winning 8, 9, 11 games a year and one 3-9 season got him run out of town. tobias is unanimously considered a failure that left the program in a worse place than he found it among those that follow the pack down here in tobaccoroad. that said, doreen is playing the spaz role perfectly and bringing it down even further
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:49 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
...as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

they should ask nc state how that kind of thinking works out

The supply officer took a 3-9 nc state team to averaging 8 wins his last three years which is about what you'd expect for 8 win Tom.

look back more than one year. chuck the chest had them winning 8, 9, 11 games a year and one 3-9 season got him run out of town. tobias is unanimously considered a failure that left the program in a worse place than he found it among those that follow the pack down here in tobaccoroad. that said, doreen is playing the spaz role perfectly and bringing it down even further

Doeren makes Daz look like a coaching genius.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:49 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I don't like the thought of a being a stepping stone to Rutgres (i.e. if he's not fired and chooses to go there).

re: this game not being meaningful, I think there's something to be said about how a team a coach gets his team to perform when their back is against the wall. that said, it is clear for the most part by now what his strengths and limitations are.

as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

As much as want to be rid of the Dazzler, leaving BC voluntarily for Rutgers would not be ideal. And would they really hire a coach that just got fired?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:54 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I don't like the thought of a being a stepping stone to Rutgres (i.e. if he's not fired and chooses to go there).

re: this game not being meaningful, I think there's something to be said about how a team a coach gets his team to perform when their back is against the wall. that said, it is clear for the most part by now what his strengths and limitations are.

as for Rutgers, I think Daz would be a great hire for them (he's proven he rebuild a program from a dumpster fire into a seven win team) and a setback to what we are trying to accomplish. I think we need to be careful for what we wish for. A competitive Rutgers team would make our recruiting efforts more difficult although the type of player we are targeting probably wouldn't overlap that much except for maybe a few of the top players. still, a down Syracuse and Rutgers programs help us a lot I think.

As much as want to be rid of the Dazzler, leaving BC voluntarily for Rutgers would not be ideal. And would they really hire a coach that just got fired?

Addazio is not leaving voluntarily for Rutgers, or anywhere. He is in the job he wants for the salary he thinks he deserves. He is under contract and he will not be breaking it. The AD might break it, but Addazio won't be breaking it. Why would Addazio break it? Rutgers would never offer Addazio to break his contract what NCState offered toby to break HIS contract back in 2006.

That said, if the AD breaks the contract and Addazio is paid $2.8 million a year (or whatever it is) for a couple years to NOT be the head coach at BC, he is free to do whatever he wants. And he might want to be the head coach at Rutgers for a year or two until something better came along for him. Its not his dream job, but it is collecting double paychecks for two years. Who doesn't like that?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

As ATL has pointed out in the past, when you see names in the press, it is the work of agents with coaches as a client. So, those words about RU being a preference of Daz vs. his current job might as well have been in quotes from his agent.

With other schools, such interest from other schools would prompt the current employer to try and secure their coach. At BC, such chirping in the media has the reverse effect. And tends to hasten an exit.

Daz's best way to keep his job at BC is to have some sort of teary, whimpering, heart-wrenching presser where he talks about his love for the school and the players and how he NEVER wanted to be anywhere but BC. That the job he currently has is all he ever dreamed of accomplishing.

The tough-guy... save face... I know what I'm doing... eff everyone... routines means he thinks the end is already here (and such a reaction would most certainly cement the likelihood thereof).

I found it: https://www.boston.com/sports/national- ... -dream-job

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:07 am

I hope and pray that Daz leaves voluntarily during the next week. I do not care whether that is UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Florida State or Arkansas. I do not care where the destination is. I do not care what "spin" it allows him to have. I want him gone as seamlessly as possible. I do not trust Leahy. I do not trust our Board. I do not trust Marty. So, if Dazoo will take the decision-making process away from those I don't trust, I will be eternally grateful and view his tenure above that of TOB. People who jump before being pushed are always thought of positively.

As an aside, if he leaves voluntarily, we save money. If we save money on his exit, we have a better chance to spend it on the next coach.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am

The most exciting things about BC football since Gene cuck-fired Jags have been the breathless hyperbole and speculation about the firings of Spaz and Daz.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I hope and pray that Daz leaves voluntarily during the next week. I do not care whether that is UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Florida State or Arkansas. I do not care where the destination is. I do not care what "spin" it allows him to have. I want him gone as seamlessly as possible. I do not trust Leahy. I do not trust our Board. I do not trust Marty. So, if Dazoo will take the decision-making process away from those I don't trust, I will be eternally grateful and view his tenure above that of TOB. People who jump before being pushed are always thought of positively.

I suppose there is some percentage chance that this may happen, but I doubt it. Why would he nuke his paycheck for the next two years and take another job for what will likely be, less? Rutgers wasn't his dream job.

I truly believe he still thinks he can do this job. I think that he thinks he is the right man to be BC's head coach, and he just caught nothing but 4 or 5 years of real bad luck in the injury department, the recruiting department, and the "my opponents in the Atlantic division are just too strong, the strongest division in college football" excuse department. I just think he is in denial that he can't sell BC. Last year was last year and the extension was probably brought on by a very promising 7-2 start, but the BOT and Marty might have also been in denial. I don't think they are in denial anymore.

Its not a knock on a person that they can't sell. I can't sell either. I am too sincere, too honest, too much of an open book. And because I can't sell, I couldn't be a head coach at a Power-5 school. I can't charm a 17 year old, 5-star, boy, the way Nick Saban can. But at least I'm not in denial.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:23 am

I think football coaches are always looking at ways to extend their careers as HCs first and foremost - Belicheck and Herm Edwards ditching the Jets are two examples - they already had jobs, but knew that by leaving they'd certainly have 5 years rather than one or two left running practices at Hofstra. I can see Daz leaving for Rutgers to get 5-7 years as opposed to one or two more at BC
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:27 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I hope and pray that Daz leaves voluntarily during the next week. I do not care whether that is UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Florida State or Arkansas. I do not care where the destination is. I do not care what "spin" it allows him to have. I want him gone as seamlessly as possible. I do not trust Leahy. I do not trust our Board. I do not trust Marty. So, if Dazoo will take the decision-making process away from those I don't trust, I will be eternally grateful and view his tenure above that of TOB. People who jump before being pushed are always thought of positively.

I suppose there is some percentage chance that this may happen, but I doubt it. Why would he nuke his paycheck for the next two years and take another job for what will likely be, less? Rutgers wasn't his dream job.

I truly believe he still thinks he can do this job. I think that he thinks he is the right man to be BC's head coach, and he just caught nothing but 4 or 5 years of real bad luck in the injury department, the recruiting department, and the "my opponents in the Atlantic division are just too strong, the strongest division in college football" excuse department. I just think he is in denial that he can't sell BC. Last year was last year and the extension was probably brought on by a very promising 7-2 start, but the BOT and Marty might have also been in denial. I don't think they are in denial anymore.

Its not a knock on a person that they can't sell. I can't sell either. I am too sincere, too honest, too much of an open book. And because I can't sell, I couldn't be a head coach at a Power-5 school. I can't charm a 17 year old, 5-star, boy, the way Nick Saban can. But at least I'm not in denial.

IB:

You remain dumb and prideful. He has one year of pay left at BC. Rutgers would be five years of payment at least. Probably at the same rate as now if not higher. He is done here and will get one more shot at the brass ring there. Probably can hire Louie too.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:03 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I think football coaches are always looking at ways to extend their careers as HCs first and foremost - Belicheck and Herm Edwards ditching the Jets are two examples - they already had jobs, but knew that by leaving they'd certainly have 5 years rather than one or two left running practices at Hofstra. I can see Daz leaving for Rutgers to get 5-7 years as opposed to one or two more at BC

It would definitely be a smart move for Daz unless he absolutely loves being here. completely resets the clock on him having to deliver results.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

IB:

You remain dumb and prideful. He has one year of pay left at BC. Rutgers would be five years of payment at least. Probably at the same rate as now if not higher. He is done here and will get one more shot at the brass ring there. Probably can hire Louie too.

He's signed through 2022. Obviously, there could be opt-outs but he has some sort of contract until then: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... 022-season

he's done if he loses Saturday but I still think he could survive 6-6 but that's just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge of Jarmond's thinking.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

IB:

He's signed through 2022. Obviously, there could be opt-outs but he has some sort of contract until then: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... 022-season

I thought that Addazio had more than a year's pay coming to him from BC. I don't see him walking away from that for Rutgers, not of his choosing anyway. He might coach there after he is fired at BC and collect double checks, but, I don't know.

hansen {l Wrote}:he's done if he loses Saturday but I still think he could survive 6-6 but that's just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge of Jarmond's thinking.

This is what I am figuring Hansen but (assuming the BOT empowers him) only Marty knows for sure what his plan is after the Pittsburgh game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

IB:

I thought that Addazio had more than a year's pay coming to him from BC. I don't see him walking away from that for Rutgers, not of his choosing anyway. He might coach there after he is fired at BC and collect double checks, but, I don't know.

hansen {l Wrote}:he's done if he loses Saturday but I still think he could survive 6-6 but that's just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge of Jarmond's thinking.

This is what I am figuring Hansen but (assuming the BOT empowers him) only Marty knows for sure what his plan is after the Pittsburgh game.

Most of these deals don't allow double dipping. If BC fires him and he gets another coaching job, the buyout is reduced. Waiting to get fired puts a Rutgers offer in jeopardy.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Oh please...your naivete is showing....as if this coach was first to gush about job X (fill in blank) being a dream job.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:11 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Oh please...your naivete is showing....as if this coach was first to gush about job X (fill in blank) being a dream job.

25 years into my professional career, I am still waiting for my dream job
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:43 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Its not in coaching. Or recruiting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:58 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

:popcorn

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Daz is a master of self-preservation and taking the RU job would buy him another 4 years on-the-job at a minimum. He'll have no such security at BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm

This guy may not even make a game at CSU

https://t.co/OMjaq7GFsK

“ CSU football players and university athletic department staff say coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing.”
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:24 pm

CSU football players and university athletic department staff say coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing.

"I believe there is a cover-up going on at CSU,'' said a current football player who wished to remain anonymous for fear of retribution. "But they could only cover it up so long and now that we have so many cases across athletics, they can’t cover it up anymore. It’s not about the health and safety of the players but about just trying to make money off the players.''

"I think everybody could be doing a better job,'' the player said. "But for our coaches to tell players not to tell trainers if they have symptoms because we had so many guys out is wrong.''

Players and athletic staff said they believed the pause should have happened a week earlier but that coach Steve Addazio was adamant to get practices in.

"We had a player who definitely had coronavirus symptoms coughing at practice and he wasn’t wearing a mask and I was next to him, touching him and there was spit and sweat,'' a player said. "I told him he needed to get tested but he really didn’t want to because then he would be out. The next day he is not at practice. (If he tested positive) he already had spread the virus. That’s why a lot of players don’t feel safe at football practice.''

Players and staff said Addazio, 61, and defensive coordinator Chuck Heater, 67, rarely wear their masks. They said that is dangerous to themselves because of their age and also sets a bad example for the rest of the team.

thank god BC rid themselves of this buffoon
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Los on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Nothing about this surprises me. This is a man who didn't believe in mid-game adjustments. No way is he doing a silly thing like taking additional steps to keep his players & staff safe.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium