Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 am

^ This is hardly an apples to apples comparison, but I am fine with calling Day the least fat person at Weight Watchers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:^ This is hardly an apples to apples comparison, but I am fine with calling Day the least fat person at Weight Watchers.

just pointing out that as bad as day was, he wasn't as bad as what sarge has brought in since (and tried to control at a molecular level).

and i think that coach thinskin deserves all the blame for being an overcontrolling hot head that insists on his way, even when proven for more than 2 years to be wrong.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:^ This is hardly an apples to apples comparison, but I am fine with calling Day the least fat person at Weight Watchers.

just pointing out that as bad as day was, he wasn't as bad as what sarge has brought in since (and tried to control at a molecular level).

and i think that coach thinskin deserves all the blame for being an overcontrolling hot head that insists on his way, even when proven for more than 2 years to be wrong.

still not apples to apples. Loeffler is basically running the offense Day ran in year 1.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

still not apples to apples. Loeffler is basically running the offense Day ran in year 1.

yeah, right. he has a flutie on the roster and has not called even one fake field goal.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

yeah, right. he has a flutie on the roster and has not called even one fake field goal.

That fake FG was genius, and you know nothing that creative has ever appeared in the 3-page playbook that Sarge utilizes. I'm just saying Loeffler isn't doing much different than Day, year 1. The talent Sarge brought in to run it just isn't as good, especially on the line and at QB.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:58 am

I didn't realize there was someone other than ATL that liked Ryan Day. Huh. Well don't stay in the shadows, join the fake FG party!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:00 am

sure - day had tyler murphy a guy who sat on the bench at an sec school until the real qb got injured but loeffler got a multiple year sec starter in towlie

i'd say the talent was consistent - day just knew how to win with the talent where as loeffler ignores the talent he has to listen only to his thin skinned boss with a one-track mind
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:03 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sure - day had tyler murphy a guy who sat on the bench at an sec school until the real qb got injured but loeffler got a multiple year sec starter in towlie

i'd say the talent was consistent - day just knew how to win with the talent where as loeffler ignores the talent he has to listen only to his thin skinned boss with a one-track mind

I said first year, not second.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sure - day had tyler murphy a guy who sat on the bench at an sec school until the real qb got injured but loeffler got a multiple year sec starter in towlie

Year 2, they basically ran the Tim Tebow offense. There throw game, as you may recall involved a WR passing to the QB. As an OC, I had never had a problem with Day. However, as a HC, I have a huge concern. His best year professionally was those two 7-6 seasons under the guy folks are begging to be fired. I'd like to see the next coach as someone who is considered a big loss from the program from which he came. That said, I'd sign up for HCIWRD if that's what it took to get Chip.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

year one he had multiple year starter chase rettig so the argument is still sort of the same as i'd match chase up behind towlie because chase never played in the sec.

day was head-and-shoulders better than what loeffler is doing this year and light years better than whatever the fuck it was fitch was doing last year (other than wearing his dad's sportcoats to recruiting visits)

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Year 2, they basically ran the Tim Tebow offense. There throw game, as you may recall involved a WR passing to the QB. As an OC, I had never had a problem with Day. However, as a HC, I have a huge concern. His best year professionally was those two 7-6 seasons under the guy folks are begging to be fired. I'd like to see the next coach as someone who is considered a big loss from the program from which he came. That said, I'd sign up for HCIWRD if that's what it took to get Chip.

i agree that ryan day would be a disaster head coach. i was just pointing out that he's probably a better oc than fitch, loeffler or slaughter

he's also proving to be a disaster in the nfl (qb coach for kaepernick, and bradford in philly... no thank you) and may soon realize that his game plan is geared towards college kids and not millionaire crybabies
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Year 2, they basically ran the Tim Tebow offense.

That's why we were talking about year 1, when he ran the offense Loeffler is running now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:37 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

year one he had multiple year starter chase rettig so the argument is still sort of the same as i'd match chase up behind towlie because chase never played in the sec.

day was head-and-shoulders better than what loeffler is doing this year and light years better than whatever the fuck it was fitch was doing last year (other than wearing his dad's sportcoats to recruiting visits)

Funny, Fitch seems to have rediscovered offense now. Fact is, they all were running what they were told, and Andre WIlliams and Tyler Murphy, and most importantly their respective OLines, were light years better than what is here now (and those lines weren't even great by BC standards).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 am

yes - and i would attribute the better lines to coaching, which starts at the oc. or are you saying that spaz left behind better talent at oc than thinny has recruited? if that's what you're saying, that's a pretty enormous indictment of the hotheaded one
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am

Spaz's first two full classes were probably roughly equivalent to Sarge's first two classes, maybe even a little better. Of course, it was infinitely easier to recruit a program coming off conference championships and a decade and a half of top half performances than one that had already been destroyed and it was a lot easier to recruit against the early 2010s ACC than the now good again ACC and it used to be that ~ 1/2 of our peers had practice facilities whereas now literally everyone else has one.

Anyone referring to Spaz not sucking in an almost incomparable fashion to anyone, anywhere, ever is applying a severe recency bias.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:36 am

Not sure where I see anyone mentioning Spaz or his administrations, other than in terms of the talent left behind.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not sure where I see anyone mentioning Spaz or his administrations, other than in terms of the talent left behind.

What?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not sure where I see anyone mentioning Spaz or his administrations, other than in terms of the talent left behind.

What?

i basically said that spaz left the often animated, offensively antiquated one nothing as far as players are concerned. you know, the cupboards were bare.

so, if posters here are saying that day had it easier behind the line of stiffs that spaz left behind vs. what loeffler or fitch have/had with the #dudes that slaughter recruited, i think they are mistaken. by just about every measurable, day was more productive in his post and, i further this postulate to say it's because day wasn't forced to "crack the rock" like these other offensive figureheads.

spaz still sucks more than any coach that's ever coached in the history of coaching BUT slaughter is right on his heels. he won't surpass spaz's suckitude but he sucks just fine on his own. and the stats will show that ryan day is/was better than loeffler and fitch
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 pm

If the cupboard was so darn bare, why do Coach Moron's teams keep getting progressively worse as Spaz's players phase out and Daz's phase in? And is anyone willing to face the obvious yet on which coach will have recruited more NFL players in his 4 year tenure?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

i basically said that spaz left the often animated, offensively antiquated one nothing as far as players are concerned. you know, the cupboards were bare.

so, if posters here are saying that day had it easier behind the line of stiffs that spaz left behind vs. what loeffler or fitch have/had with the #dudes that slaughter recruited, i think they are mistaken. by just about every measurable, day was more productive in his post and, i further this postulate to say it's because day wasn't forced to "crack the rock" like these other offensive figureheads.

spaz still sucks more than any coach that's ever coached in the history of coaching BUT slaughter is right on his heels. he won't surpass spaz's suckitude but he sucks just fine on his own. and the stats will show that ryan day is/was better than loeffler and fitch

so long as "spaz still sucks more than any coach that's ever coached in the history of coaching" isn't lost in the rest of this, I have very little to say, other than Glacier agrees with you so you have penis breath.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:33 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

The conversation was whether Day was better in year one of Daz than Loeffler is in year four. Spaz' role in that is tangential. He left a better OLine than Daz has recruited. That is neither an endorsement nor criticism of the job performed by Spaz as a whole, and certainly no one compared him to anyone, as you suggested
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

The conversation was whether Day was better in year one of Daz than Loeffler is in year four. Spaz' role in that is tangential. He left a better OLine than Daz has recruited. That is neither an endorsement nor criticism of the job performed by Spaz as a whole, and certainly no one compared him to anyone, as you suggested

Oh I don't care about the conversation, just the tangent, and I read an implication of a recruiting comparison to which I responded.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

Oh I don't care about the conversation, just the tangent, and I read an implication of a recruiting comparison to which I responded.

No implication was intended. Spaz was dogshit. He had some older lineman that were decent enough to allow Daz to run the crack the rock, play action bombs offense they are running now. Spaz left him no young lineman (disaster) and Daz hasnt' developed a line from 3+ classes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

No implication was intended. Spaz was dogshit. He had some older lineman that were decent enough to allow Daz to run the crack the rock, play action bombs offense they are running now. Spaz left him no young lineman (disaster) and Daz hasnt' developed a line from 3+ classes.

Sounds like Spaz was a lot better at developing linemen than the former O Line coach
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

Sounds like Spaz was a lot better at developing linemen than the former O Line coach

Jesus, who gives a fuck about this "which excrement tastes better" agenda? You are eating shit either way.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:27 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

so long as "spaz still sucks more than any coach that's ever coached in the history of coaching" isn't lost in the rest of this, I have very little to say, other than Glacier agrees with you so you have penis breath.

in fairness, my point is so obvious (as just about all my sports related observations are) that anyone that doesn't agree is a full on notoriously orange moron. therefore, I do not have penis breath, I have clean breath.

however, if glacier and I were to agree on a basketball related point, I would agree to the penosity of my breath
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What?

Jesus, who gives a fuck about this "which excrement tastes better" agenda? You are eating shit either way.

remember that you are aiming your point at a dude that likes to look at pictures of an elephant walk that mark Cuban organized
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:33 pm

USA Today reports Daz may be safe even if he fails to get to a bowl game. His fate is tied to Buttcut.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... /92850126/
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:59 pm

At this point the level of apathy and disinterest will outweigh his buyout
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:USA Today reports Daz may be safe even if he fails to get to a bowl game. His fate is tied to Buttcut.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... /92850126/

Does this sound as though Leahy or someone representing Leahy's thoughts is behind the USA Today piece about BC? The point being to set the stage/establish a plausible-sounding excuse for retaining Daz into 2017. If so, one is driven to the conclusion that, like Daz with his obsessive compulsive crack-the-rock play calling sans an Oline, Leahy stubbornly wants to avoid/postpone taking responsibility for the hire, hoping something exculpatory -- a single ACC win? -- turns up. Hitler let a lost war continue for years on a similar calculation. It cost the Germans several million extra dead.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium