Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:18 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Did Spaz even affect the Super Fan depth?

Where is this year's Sid Vicious? You didn't seed that dude miss extra points (of course he didn't make field goals much beyond that range either)

The problem is I think Launceford is this year's Aponovicious.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

I think people that are shitting on Daz have the brilliance that hindsight affords them. Now that you know what Tyler Murphy and the freshmen can do, maybe they should be 8-2. Now that we know that the defense isn't completely shitty, maybe they should stop some third downs.

He has some shit to learn with managing a game, but you can't step away and not say he is doing a very good job overall without being a moron.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Did Spaz even affect the Super Fan depth?

Where is this year's Sid Vicious? You didn't seed that dude miss extra points (of course he didn't make field goals much beyond that range either)

The problem is I think Launceford is this year's Aponovicious.

Do you think it means anything that an anagram for Launceford = Fecal Round ?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think people that are shitting on Daz have the brilliance that hindsight affords them. Now that you know what Tyler Murphy and the freshmen can do, maybe they should be 8-2. Now that we know that the defense isn't completely shitty, maybe they should stop some third downs.

He has some shit to learn with managing a game, but you can't step away and not say he is doing a very good job overall without being a moron.

I think my assessment (somewhere in this self-congratulatory circle-jerk thread) was that I was happy to see what Daz did in 1st year. And I'd add on that I am happy seeing how he responded in year 2 to having to remake the roster/OL/offense after one year. And people have generally liked his recruiting and while I don't really know the first thing about ratings and the like, my eyes tell me that he and the staff IDed some good talent that is on the field and helping us out as freshman this year already. This is all good stuff.

I also said that when we get back to competence and have expectations beyond "happy to be here/happy to be competitive again," some stuff like his clock management is going to drive us absolutely bonkers. Hope that's something they can figure out on the way.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:as ive said repeatedly, i dont get why people are in such a rush to judgement.

first year, pretty much in line w my expectations. predicted 8-4 got 7-5.
this year, looks to be pretty much in line. predicted 6-6 looks to be 7-5 at best.

next year is the year you can really start to judge him in my opinion. we dont get to 8 wins next year and i think theres cause for concern. getting to 6 / 7 wins is pretty damn easy, its about making that next step once you have enough of your players in the system.

weve had some great highs and some frustrating lows...i believe thats due to the lack of talent and depth more than the coaching...by next year well know

next year could be tough breaking in a new QB.
i'm not sure what our schedule looks like but it could be a huge factor in how the season goes down... if we start with conference games or with road games, then we might pick up a couple losses that should have beeen wins.
i hope we start at home, out of conference , and with the schedule getting gradually tougher in Wade's first year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:as ive said repeatedly, i dont get why people are in such a rush to judgement.

this year, looks to be pretty much in line. predicted 6-6 looks to be 7-5 at best.

next year is the year you can really start to judge him in my opinion. we dont get to 8 wins next year and i think theres cause for concern. getting to 6 / 7 wins is pretty damn easy, its about making that next step once you have enough of your players in the system.

weve had some great highs and some frustrating lows...i believe thats due to the lack of talent and depth more than the coaching...by next year well know

i'm not sure what our schedule looks like but it could be a huge factor in how the season goes down... if we start with conference games or with road games, then we might pick up a couple losses that should have beeen wins.
i hope we start at home, out of conference , and with the schedule getting gradually tougher in Wade's first year.

we should have a relatively easy start w our one major OOC game occurring in november...well also have a friday night home game, presumably in september, presumably against a relatively weak acc opponent
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:well also have a friday night home game, presumably in september, presumably against a relatively weak acc opponent

weren't there rumors that the 2015 friday home game was going to be on black friday?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:08 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:well also have a friday night home game, presumably in september, presumably against a relatively weak acc opponent

weren't there rumors that the 2015 friday home game was going to be on black friday?

i hadnt heard said rumors but wont we be at cuse that weekend? maybe its a friday game there? (they need to host a friday night home game as well)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

i hadnt heard said rumors but wont we be at cuse that weekend? maybe its a friday game there? (they need to host a friday night home game as well)

I believe there was some conjecture that the BC-Syracuse game would become one of ESPN's Friday-After-Thanksgiving highlights
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I believe there was some conjecture that the BC-Syracuse game would become one of ESPN's Friday-After-Thanksgiving highlights

if thats the move going forward thats going to KILL attendance. its gonna be bad enough this year, you make it friday and you take out everybody like myself who is traveling but is not goign to come back to boston the morning after thanksgiving for a mediocre game.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

if thats the move going forward thats going to KILL attendance. its gonna be bad enough this year, you make it friday and you take out everybody like myself who is traveling but is not goign to come back to boston the morning after thanksgiving for a mediocre game.

especially when the game is in syracuse :chewbanka
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby talon on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:if thats the move going forward thats going to KILL attendance. its gonna be bad enough this year, you make it friday and you take out everybody like myself who is traveling but is not goign to come back to boston the morning after thanksgiving for a mediocre game.

Some people grew up outside New England, live inside New England now, but travel home for Thanksgiving.
Some people grew up inside New England, live outside New England now, but travel home for Thanksgiving.

Won't the people in category 1 who won't be around for that game be canceled out by people in category 2 who will be there for the game?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:09 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:if thats the move going forward thats going to KILL attendance. its gonna be bad enough this year, you make it friday and you take out everybody like myself who is traveling but is not goign to come back to boston the morning after thanksgiving for a mediocre game.

Some people grew up outside New England, live inside New England now, but travel home for Thanksgiving.
Some people grew up inside New England, live outside New England now, but travel home for Thanksgiving.

Won't the people in category 1 who won't be around for that game be canceled out by people in category 2 who will be there for the game?

Since we've never had a home game on Black Friday, I have no evidence to base my opinion on, but I do think there is a decent amount of truth to this. Obviously, the stakes and day of the week were different, but the 2008 Thanksgiving Weekend game versus Maryland was highly attended and one of the best Alumni Stadium crowds I can remember.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 pm

talon {l Wrote}:

Stating the obvious here, but I think the problem is that alot of people from both categories are travelling the Friday after Thanksgiving. Also, no out-of-town students are going to be back in time. If I was a junior or senior living outside New England, I'd try to come back early for a late Saturday game. But very few students will come rushing back for a game the day after Thanksgiving.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

we should have a relatively easy start w our one major OOC game occurring in november...well also have a friday night home game, presumably in september, presumably against a relatively weak acc opponent

Wait, we have to host a Friday night game every season? WTF!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Yep that was part of the ESPN deal. Have fun getting to BC with Friday traffic.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Commavegarage: You really had them at 8-4 in the first year after Spaz's 2-10. You saw a 6 game swing. You must have been a minority of 1. I also think your 8 win prediction for next year is extremely optimistic. Breaking in a brand new offensive line, minus Harris Williams, a brand new quarterback as well. Clemson, FSU, Louisville, and ND. 4 games where BC will likely be a double digit underdogs.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Yep that was part of the ESPN deal. Have fun getting to BC with Friday traffic.

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading that next years Friday game would be at Cuse after Thanksgiving ? Or is the rule that BC has to host a Friday game ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:... Also, no out-of-town students are going to be back in time. If I was a junior or senior living outside New England, I'd try to come back early for a late Saturday game. But very few students will come rushing back for a game the day after Thanksgiving.

does this really matter? the students are already rolling in after the bme kickoff (end of the 1st) and leaving at halftime. will not having them for the second quarter cause a huge impact?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:... Also, no out-of-town students are going to be back in time. If I was a junior or senior living outside New England, I'd try to come back early for a late Saturday game. But very few students will come rushing back for a game the day after Thanksgiving.

does this really matter? the students are already rolling in after the bme kickoff (end of the 1st) and leaving at halftime. will not having them for the second quarter cause a huge impact?

:whammy

As a local I don't mind the Friday night game but it's brutal for anyone who doesn't live & work within 128 and can't bolt early. It gives us a night game and frees up a Saturday...

Also the move from 8 to 7 makes it even worse
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:does this really matter? the students are already rolling in after the bme kickoff (end of the 1st) and leaving at halftime.

:kudos
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:57 pm

all i know is a substantial portion of the fanbase comes from outside 495, and a good amount are day trippers from ct and the tri state.

while im a big enough fan that im gonna come back saturday for cuse, no shot im coming back friday night unless something massive is on the line.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Commavegarage: You really had them at 8-4 in the first year after Spaz's 2-10. You saw a 6 game swing. You must have been a minority of 1. I also think your 8 win prediction for next year is extremely optimistic. Breaking in a brand new offensive line, minus Harris Williams, a brand new quarterback as well. Clemson, FSU, Louisville, and ND. 4 games where BC will likely be a double digit underdogs.

look at the old prediction thread. most people said "this team has bowl talent and you have to be an imbecile not to get them there. unfortunately spaz was"

also, i haven't predicted 8 for next year. i need to see the schedule. what i said was next year becomes the year of real evaluation since there will be a big swing to his players getting the lions share of playing time.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:00 pm

finally (3x post), my limited understanding of the schedule going forward is:

1. we will have one friday night HOME game every year, thanks to the acc scheduling contract.
2. we will always be playing cuse as the thanksgiving weekend game each year. that does NOT mean it will be the friday night game
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:finally (3x post), my limited understanding of the schedule going forward is:

1. we will have one friday night HOME game every year, thanks to the acc scheduling contract.
2. we will always be playing cuse as the thanksgiving weekend game each year. that does NOT mean it will be the friday night game

I didnt know the Friday night game had to be home, I thought it was every other year. I also thought we werent allowed that many Friday night games per our agreement with the city.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Assuming that talon's premise is true about certain alumni growing up in New England and return to New England for Thanksgiving, what parts of NJ and NY are we considering New England?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:finally (3x post), my limited understanding of the schedule going forward is:

I didnt know the Friday night game had to be home, I thought it was every other year. I also thought we werent allowed that many Friday night games per our agreement with the city.

I believe that has to be done now because this makes back to back years of weeknight home games, and i was always under the belief that our deal w newton/boston was only one every 4 years
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:05 pm

When was the last time you even attended a game at the Heights, my fine sports-hating friend?
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

When was the last time you even attended a game at the Heights, my fine sports-hating friend?

i believe if im not mistaken it was the jags fsu game, i remember it because he brought unseasonably nice weather with him
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:52 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

i believe if im not mistaken it was the jags fsu game, i remember it because he brought unseasonably nice weather with him

this.

although with this great coach at the helm and the crowds causing the stadium to burst at the seams, i may just have to make a trip up next year. let me know where your hot tub will be and i'll bring some of my ladyfriends along...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium