Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Governor of Colorado will fire Daz and his entire staff.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Wow what a fucking clown.

He glided well past his expiration date here at private school BC (shame on us). But as a coach at a public school where taxpayers are paying for you to lose games and you are putting the health of CO residents at risk... This guy's going to have all sorts of people up his ass. I don't see how they don't fire him in the next few days.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:45 pm

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:07 pm

Is Scott Patchan a coach or a 15th year senior following Coach Gym Teacher around?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Is Scott Patchan a coach or a 15th year senior following Coach Gym Teacher around?

I wondered the same, but there are other tweets from players who would seem to be speaking the truth.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:51 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Is Scott Patchan a coach or a 15th year senior following Coach Gym Teacher around?

I wondered the same, but there are other tweets from players who would seem to be speaking the truth.

Fair, but this totally sounds like Coach 6-6
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BrightonEagle on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:40 am

Would Addazio getting fired impact our payout obligations to him?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:41 am

Would Addazio getting fired impact our payout obligations to him?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

This whole thing sounded very Addazio, but a bunch of players flat out denying it tells me this story is overblown.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:55 am

Most of the people I’ve seen defending him are Daz hangers on like Patchan, Reddy, Krouetz. As we all heard when he left, different players had completely different views on him. Sounds a lot like what I’d expect out of him though
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

This whole thing sounded very Addazio, but a bunch of players flat out denying it tells me this story is overblown.

As we’ve seen with the Social Media Generation, they have learned that certain lies can bring about change. This feels like the Wazoo player who went on a media campaign about his locker being cleared after opting out of the season in protest of BLM, money and Trump, but neatly wrapped in the pretense of COVID (which is interestingly a parallel of MSM).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:This guy may not even make a game at CSU

https://t.co/OMjaq7GFsK

“ CSU football players and university athletic department staff say coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing.”

Nice use of the search function and not 74ing!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Most of the people I’ve seen defending him are Daz hangers on like Patchan, Reddy, Krouetz. As we all heard when he left, different players had completely different views on him. Sounds a lot like what I’d expect out of him though

In general, the players liked him, especially the OLs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 pm

It’s really going off the rails now:

https://twitter.com/ralphdrussoap/status/1291888967072309251?s=21

Colorado State is now pausing all football-related activities after learning about "some extremely troubling allegations of racism and verbal abuse from CSU’s athletic administration generally and in the football program specifically."

Their AD:
“Today, we learned of some extremely troubling allegations of racism and verbal abuse from CSU’s athletic administration generally and in the football program specifically.

I have consulted with President McConnell about these new allegations, which obviously deeply concern her as well. Effective immediately, and for the best interests of our student-athletes, I am pausing all football-related activities indefinitely. This includes practices, workouts, and team meetings. I have also asked President McConnell to expand the independent investigation she announced on Tuesday to include a comprehensive review of our athletic department and football program specifically related to allegations of racism and verbal abuse.”
Last edited by Tom Dooder on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:27 pm

My guess is CSU power alums were shunned and ignored in the quick decision making process and Addazio has a good chance of being fired.

Twice in 9 months.

If true the Governor should send this asshole to Galapagos Island & his lackey cronies.

That is some unreal deal to not report? Wow, if accurate and true!
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:29 pm

westcoastbernie {l Wrote}:Governor of Colorado will fire Daz and his entire staff.

Time stamp?
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:36 pm

That CSU AD never consulted power alums. He quickly hired this loser Addazio with no due diligence and received a huge BC fan blowback.

CSU fans went ballistic who knew better Head Coach choices were out there and Addazio was an asshole & career poor leader.

Maybe Urban Meyer can save Him? Hopefully the Governor ends this asshole.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:42 pm

I think Addazio is terrible, but the idea CSU is some powerhouse is laugh out loud funny. The governor of Colorado doesn't watch CSU or NCIS or Law and Order for that matter.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:00 am

what went wrong? the excitement was palpable when csu hired him.

https://twitter.com/ramscsuhc
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think Addazio is terrible, but the idea CSU is some powerhouse is laugh out loud funny. The governor of Colorado doesn't watch CSU or NCIS or Law and Order for that matter.

The racism thing doesn’t sound like Daz at all. I he was a clown, but I flat out don’t believe the latest. It feels very much like a pretense. Have to assume this predates arrival. Further, he’s barely had any time with players (no kids on campus... no Spring practices... just started Summer practice).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think Addazio is terrible, but the idea CSU is some powerhouse is laugh out loud funny. The governor of Colorado doesn't watch CSU or NCIS or Law and Order for that matter.

The racism thing doesn’t sound like Daz at all. I he was a clown, but I flat out don’t believe the latest. It feels very much like a pretense. Have to assume this predates arrival. Further, he’s barely had any time with players (no kids on campus... no Spring practices... just started Summer practice).

Article made it sound like it was some of the football staff in the athletic department
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:23 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Article made it sound like it was some of the football staff in the athletic department

agree with hill about the nepotism, the rest sounds like axe grinding to me after he was fired. racism charge seems to be aimed at bobo's staff.

Anthoney Hill, the school's former player development coach and its starting quarterback in the early 1990s, said he was terminated following Steve Addazio's hiring as head coach in December because he'd expressed concerns about him.

Hill arrived in 2015 under former coach Mike Bobo and maintained his position for about a month after Addazio's arrival.

In his response to the university's termination letter, Hill told Parker he was concerned about the lack of pay for the African American coaches on the staff. He also said he had concerns about nepotism after Addazio hired his son, Louie Addazio, and Urban Meyer's son-in-law, Corey Dennis. Parker said Meyer had been an adviser during the search for a new coach.

Hill's letter described a harmful culture, suggesting he'd witnessed racially insensitive comments under Bobo and worried about a similar environment under Addazio.

"I'm more concerned about your conduct in allowing CSU Athletics to become an environment where coaches can exhibit toxic masculinity as well as make racially insensitive comments to black players on your watch," Hill wrote to Parker after he was terminated in January. "Also, bringing in a new head football coach who tells the graduate assistants within days of knowing them that he 'doesn't give a f--- about their feelings' is contradictory to being 'committed to the holistic development of student-athletes ... and of crafting a culture where students thrive.'"
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:57 am

Holy crap... toxic masculinity???

Anthoney Hill is the biggest wuss ever. He burned about a million bridges with that letter.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Yeah, call the wahhhhhbulance for this guy. Everyone knows the Dazzler is an asshole that yells all the time, he did it on TV every week. And if nepotism was a problem, especially the nepotism for the son in law of a guy that basically gave him a chance to make millions of dollars coaching a game, nobody would be coaching.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:41 pm

Firing that guy sounds like a great move by Daz.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:54 pm

Is his middle name [sic]?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:47 am

Coloradan Newspaper:

CSU's football staff told him of a hostile work environment under Addazio before his first meeting with the coach. They described Addazio's temperament as bullying, erratic and with emotional outbursts that created a fearful environment.

Stewart said Addazio's "relentless humiliation and berating'' of the Black student-athlete that, in a subsequent call from Daz to Stewart, the situation worsened. Stewart said he felt Daz's demeanor was "domineering, threatening and intimidating (in) manner, as if he owned me.''
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:53 am

He treated many like this

So Fuck him, fuck BC for covering it up, most of all fuck BC for having many football parents over 7 years warn BC, fuck Bates for not firing him with Leahy, fuck his sad lackey assistants for not reporting him, fuck BC for not listening since their fake rep & cash flow were more important.

Shame on BC. Who is more guilty?

BC for allowing this for 7 years and then not warning the NCAA or CSU to protect BC's Catholic reputation and not face lawsuits or CSU?

BC knew he was a vile bully and poor CSU AD Joe was bamboozled by Meyer and others, but should had checked anyway.

Shame on no due diligence by CSU, but BC should had made here his last stop.

Bates, MJ both have some blame too.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:13 am

To be clear, we're complaining about ignoring the bullying of a football coach? Not actually ignoring, by the way, because the casual BC fan could see the guy was a bully from their seats at a tailgate in the third quarter.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:15 am

this is the most recent story from the local fort collins newspaper. wouldn't be surprised if the ad gets canned and maybe meathead as well.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2020/08/08/colorado-state-football-faces-racial-insensitivity-abuse-allegations/3283299001/
eagle33
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium