Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 am

I have an idea - which one does huang want to kiss?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:41 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I have an idea - which one does huang want to kiss?

tonto, I don't know what it is with you getting so..... personal with me all the time. Its almost a habit of yours. I'm sure it must eat at you from the inside knowing that I will not even dignify your undignified comments. But I don't have to tell you (as we both know) there is only one of us that is kissing another guy's asshole, and its not me.....
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:45 am

[*]
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

tonto, I don't know what it is with you getting so..... personal with me all the time. Its almost a habit of yours. I'm sure it must eat at you from the inside knowing that I will not even dignify your undignified comments. But I don't have to tell you (as we both know) there is only one of us that is kissing another guy's asshole, and its not me.....

This was a brilliant IB impersonation - I salute you. The passive aggressive 'take my Magic cards and go home', the assignation of hollow, empty, and unfulfilled sadness, rounding it off with softcore man-on-man sex. It's all there. Brilliant.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:[*]
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This was a brilliant IB impersonation - I salute you. The passive aggressive 'take my Magic cards and go home', the assignation of hollow, empty, and unfulfilled sadness, rounding it off with softcore man-on-man sex. It's all there. Brilliant.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:[*]
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Seconded. Though a few underlines and italics would have hammered it home.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm

This is quite the paradox.

Although I find men's asshole more disgusting than men's dicks, I think if I had to choose one to kiss then I might go asshole.
Because once your mouth is on a dick, you're forever a guy who sucks cock. And I'm not down with that no matter how much TRE tries to convince me (and the rest of the fourteen people on the board) otherwise.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}: Although I find men's asshole more disgusting than men's dicks, I think if I had to choose one to kiss then I might go asshole.
Because once your mouth is on a dick, you're forever a guy who sucks cock. And I'm not down with that no matter how much TRE tries to convince me (and the rest of the fourteen people on the board) otherwise.

Thanks for clearing that up.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Are you guys hijacking accounts again?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Are you guys hijacking accounts again?

no - hansen is just really, REALLY gay
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Devotees of the search function should note - in order to find this thread again, the terms you enter are (to quote hansens post):

'I might go asshole'
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Devotees of the search function should note - in order to find this thread again, the terms you enter are (to quote hansens post):

'I might go asshole'

that search term brings up 6 pages of "hits"

i think you forgot where you were posting for a minute, tonto
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 pm

'forever sucks cock'

...is the winning phrase. I tried 'gross dicks go asshole' and it said 'no suitable matches were found'. This of course implies that it found matches but none of them were suitable. That describes every other post on this board.

That said, I can't believe there are six pages worth of posts which individually contain the words 'i might go asshole' that were NOT authored by hansen. Yes, even this board.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Although I find men's asshole more disgusting than men's dicks, I think if I had to choose one to kiss then I might go asshole.

Do you like hottubs?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Devotees of the search function should note - in order to find this thread again, the terms you enter are (to quote hansens post):

'I might go asshole'

spm
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Although I find men's asshole more disgusting than men's dicks, I think if I had to choose one to kiss then I might go asshole.

Do you like hottubs?

I wonder if Handen prefers a bleached asshole or an unwiped asshole? Personally, I prefer a three day old unwiped asshole. That's just me.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Do you like hottubs?

I wonder if Handen prefers a bleached asshole or an unwiped asshole? Personally, I prefer a three day old unwiped asshole. That's just me.

Cleanliness is godliness. :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:45 am

My biggest disappointment with Addazio right now, and probably the biggest reason that I'm quickly flipping from the give-him-more-time camp to the this-is-hopeless camp has been the piss poor development of the OL. This is year 4 and the OL is just a disaster. And this is Daz's self-professed forte?!

I did however just look at the roster...

OL (16):
SR (2): Cashman, Lowery
JR (2): Rich, Baker
SO (5): Monteiro, Lindstrom, Conte, Stevens, Schmal
R-FR (3): Knopfke, Pallazolo, Phillips
FR (4): Kowalkowski, Ragan, Leonard, Cheevers

That is pretty unquestionably a young OL. Then I looked through the recruiting website and saw why:
Class of '12 (Spaz): Win Homer (transfer), Frank Taylor (???), Jim Cashman
Class of '13 (mostly Spaz): Joel Rich
Class of '14 (Daz): Jon Baker, James Hendren (medical), Sam Schmal, Ryan Conte
Class of '15 (Daz): Chris Lindstrom, Anthony Palozzolo, Anthony Monteiro, Wyatt Knopfke, John Phillips
Class of '16 (Daz): Tom Kowalkowski, Elijah Johnson (?), Shane Leonard, Sean Regan
Class of '17 (Daz): Ben Petrula, Alec Lindstrom

I know people get sick of this shit, but if there's one position where you need time to develop players (unless your a baby rapists that pulls 5 stars) is OL. And Daz's scheme is entirely dependent on OL. And there's no way to argue that Spaz left an empty cupboard at OL.

Does that excuse Daz's game management mistakes? No. Does it excuse not making adjustments to accommodate a inexperienced and mediocre OL? Not at all. But it might excuse 3 wins last year and less than 7 wins this year. In my book Spaz gets 2017 and probably 2018. Best case scenario he brings us back to the TOB years and we go on the coaching hunt as a respectable gig as opposed to a doormat.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:55 am

I don't think this OLine is that bad. The problem is that they're asking them to try to block about 9 guys in the run game. The TEs are also absolutely horrific at blocking.

The pass protection has been good, Patrick Cutler back there just makes horrible decisions even with time. I feel like he goes out to the bars, is propositioned by a girl who's a 9 and another who's a 3, and probably takes home the 3.

Shit the WRs even get open this year for once
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't think this OLine is that bad. The problem is that they're asking them to try to block about 9 guys in the run game. The TEs are also absolutely horrific at blocking.

The pass protection has been good, Patrick Cutler back there just makes horrible decisions even with time. I feel like he goes out to the bars, is propositioned by a girl who's a 9 and another who's a 3, and probably takes home the 3.

Pass-blocking has been fine. Shinskie looks like he is shellshocked from his time in KY. His feet are never set and he flees at the first sign of pressure. However, what Shinskie has done worse than anything this year is that he NEVER looks off a receiver. He NEVER goes through progressions. Shinskie is big... he is fast... he throws a good ball... I'm sure he is handsome and tough. But, at the snap of the ball, the entire D and all 11,000 fans in Alumni knows EXACTLY to whom he is throwing the ball. Eppy, perhaps the reason why receivers are open this year is that DBs immediately leave whoever Shinskie isn't staring at.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't think this OLine is that bad. The problem is that they're asking them to try to block about 9 guys in the run game. The TEs are also absolutely horrific at blocking.

Pass-blocking has been fine. Shinskie looks like he is shellshocked from his time in KY. His feet are never set and he flees at the first sign of pressure. However, what Shinskie has done worse than anything this year is that he NEVER looks off a receiver. He NEVER goes through progressions. Shinskie is big... he is fast... he throws a good ball... I'm sure he is handsome and tough. But, at the snap of the ball, the entire D and all 11,000 fans in Alumni knows EXACTLY to whom he is throwing the ball. Eppy, perhaps the reason why receivers are open this year is that DBs immediately leave whoever Shinskie isn't staring at.

Reading progressions is coaching that Loeffler is capable of doing. That said, not sure you can fix SEC shell shock in one off season.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:38 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:My biggest disappointment with Addazio right now, and probably the biggest reason that I'm quickly flipping from the give-him-more-time camp to the this-is-hopeless camp has been the piss poor development of the OL. This is year 4 and the OL is just a disaster. And this is Daz's self-professed forte?!

That is pretty unquestionably a young OL. Then I looked through the recruiting website and saw why:
Class of '12 (Spaz): Win Homer (transfer), Frank Taylor (???), Jim Cashman
Class of '13 (mostly Spaz): Joel Rich
Class of '14 (Daz): Jon Baker, James Hendren (medical), Sam Schmal, Ryan Conte
Class of '15 (Daz): Chris Lindstrom, Anthony Palozzolo, Anthony Monteiro, Wyatt Knopfke, John Phillips
Class of '16 (Daz): Tom Kowalkowski, Elijah Johnson (?), Shane Leonard, Sean Regan
Class of '17 (Daz): Ben Petrula, Alec Lindstrom

Daz biggest problem is in game coaching, because he is just not that bright but I would agree that the biggest disappointment has been the OLine.
'12: These were actually 3 pretty good recruits. Homer quit (anyone know the story?); and Taylor and Cashman just were not good.
'13: Daz blames Spaz for not having any OLs in this class (Rich was moved from TE) which has really hurt us.
'14: Baker looks pretty solid; Hendren looked like he had potential; Schmal has not been good and Conte is a former walkon.
In a better situation, OLs do not start until their 3rd year in the program. Unfortunately, this is not possible because of the above 3 classes.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:42 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

It's possible, but either way guys are actually open if Patrick Cutler ever bothered to look at them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:43 am

I'm with wally on this one, the OL is incredibly concerning. they can pass block but the run blocking has been bad in all 3 games. could they be helped by not running hilliman directly into a 9 man box every other down? sure but even against umass there wasn't much there for him at all.

are they on the younger side? maybe but let's use the monteiro-cashman-baker-lidstrom-lowery as your 5.

bc:
so-sr-jr-so-sr
avg games: 21
avg starts: 15

clem:
so-so-sr-jr-so
avg starts: 12

fsu:
jr-sr-so-jr-jr
avg games: 15
avg starts: 11

nothing they do over the next 2 weeks will alleviate this concern either.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:55 am

Run blocking would be solved by taking advantage of the improved pass blocking. They aren't great, but they're outnumbered. The offense is so predictable, and bringing in 3 TEs to try to even up the numbers is an idiotic response to stacking the box. Spread the field out horizontally. If BC gave Hilliman the call from the shotgun in a 4 WR set, he'd find some room to run.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Run blocking would be solved by taking advantage of the improved pass blocking. They aren't great, but they're outnumbered. The offense is so predictable, and bringing in 3 TEs to try to even up the numbers is an idiotic response to stacking the box. Spread the field out horizontally. If BC gave Hilliman the call from the shotgun in a 4 WR set, he'd find some room to run.

When you're stated philosophy in every press conference you do is to be a run-first team and so everyone knows you're going to be a run first team anyway, it might help to at least make it look like you might not run first. Sending the offense out on their first possession every game in a jumbo set is utterly maddening.

But we were warned.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'm with wally on this one, the OL is incredibly concerning. they can pass block but the run blocking has been bad in all 3 games. could they be helped by not running hilliman directly into a 9 man box every other down? sure but even against umass there wasn't much there for him at all.

are they on the younger side? maybe but let's use the monteiro-cashman-baker-lidstrom-lowery as your 5.

bc:
so-sr-jr-so-sr
avg starts: 15

clem:
so-so-sr-jr-so
avg starts: 12

fsu:
jr-sr-so-jr-jr
avg games: 15
avg starts: 11

nothing they do over the next 2 weeks will alleviate this concern either.

I'm not defending Addazio's obsessions with talking about youth, but I think there is a pretty steep difference between BC and FSU or Clemson recruiting under the best of circumstances in that I think FSU and Clemson due to their ability to get elite talent are going to be much less harmed by playing 18 and 19 year olds on the line. I recall the typical class breakdown of the hey day of BC OLs would regularly include a majority of guys that were 20+. In 2005 for example, Trueblood was 22, Marten was 21, Pat Ross was 22, Josh Beekman was 22 and Gosder Cherilus was 21.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:25 am

certainly fair and accurate, but it wouldn't surprise me if other teams in the acc have age / avg games / starts.

i just picked those 2 schools cause they're the largest programs but you're right probably shouldn't have picked the baby rapists in the conf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:28 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm not defending Addazio's obsessions with talking about youth, but I think there is a pretty steep difference between BC and FSU or Clemson recruiting under the best of circumstances in that I think FSU and Clemson due to their ability to get elite talent are going to be much less harmed by playing 18 and 19 year olds on the line. I recall the typical class breakdown of the hey day of BC OLs would regularly include a majority of guys that were 20+. In 2005 for example, Trueblood was 22, Marten was 21, Pat Ross was 22, Josh Beekman was 22 and Gosder Cherilus was 21.

3 of those 5 were 4-star recruits with the others being high 3-star recruits. We used to regularly be able to recruit elite OLinemen. That hasn't happened with any sort of consistency in almost a decade. We are in Year 4 and the program is regressing and does not show the stability or direction one would expect from a coach guaranteed to return for a 5th year. While I think Daz is actually pretty decent at identifying talented kids who are lightly recruited, he hasn't been able to show any ability to beat out programs for recruits that have good offers (outside of a handful of wins in his first recruiting cycle). You simply can't win on a regular basis with recruiting classes that are composed mainly from battles won versus the MAC.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Run blocking would be solved by taking advantage of the improved pass blocking. They aren't great, but they're outnumbered. The offense is so predictable, and bringing in 3 TEs to try to even up the numbers is an idiotic response to stacking the box. Spread the field out horizontally. If BC gave Hilliman the call from the shotgun in a 4 WR set, he'd find some room to run.

I'm 100% here. If the TEs were good at blocking it would be one thing, but they are awful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:certainly fair and accurate, but it wouldn't surprise me if other teams in the acc have age / avg games / starts.

i just picked those 2 schools cause they're the largest programs but you're right probably shouldn't have picked the baby rapists in the conf

Pitt is I think a pretty good comparison in terms of what should be (it's not currently) a realistic peer recruiting school. It has RSSr-Sr-RSJr-RSSo-RSSo. The LT has started 30 games coming into this year, the LG started 29, the C 23, RG 2; RT 12 for average starts of 19.2. Frankly, averaging 19+ starts is kind of crazy in the opposite direction.

In theory our OL could have that kind of experience next year.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium