Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Great work by PhillyIntern in this thread.

I agree.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:TOS has erupted with a couple of late Spaz era player family members and in at least one case a Spaz supporter (this is apparently actually still a thing) and these are all spouting the Sarge is a big mean jerk mantra. He might be, I have no idea, but these people's agendas are sticking out. I asked whether any of them had apologized for cutting HJS in line. They didn't answer, but I've chosen to believe they are all Max Ricci's dad posting from different accounts.

Also of note:

1) someone seriously suggested Todd Fitch as the next head coach
2) someone says Aaron Smith (the Spaz WR coach) was a better recruiter than Al Washington
3) someone posted a picture from the BC/WV game in 1993 and a poster asked whether someone other than under armor had made the uniforms in the picture.
4) someone heard from a retired MAC referee that our next coach with be Brian Kelly

are you playing "2 truths and 2 lies" as a part of an eo icebreaker? if so, i'm guessing

truth 1 & 3
lie 2 & 4

if we're playing the mike walker game and only one of these stories is a lie, i'm going with 4 as the lie

I especially miss the weeks where Fred would play the Mike Walker game. There never seemed to be rhyme or reason why he would abstain like 95% of the time and then every once in a while jump in.

We are of course talking about the board where one of the posters asked in all sincerity when was the last time a private school won a national championship when explaining why it is impossible for a school like BC to compete on any level. At this time USC was the defending back to back national champion coming right off of the U's run.

My thoughts on EA, "What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:33 am

I predict that for the first time in two seasons, Sarge will avoid making any in game coaching mistakes this week.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:13 pm

It's so depressing to watch UVA's progression over 7 weeks while we're here with Addazio for 2 years jamming a square peg in a round hole. They've at least gone from getting worked by a 1AA to being competitive, amazing what competent head coaching can do
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:40 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:I predict that for the first time in two seasons, Sarge will avoid making any in game coaching mistakes this week.

Yes, but this gives Daz an extra week to think about his perceived improvements to be made. Such as he may decide to bench Knoll again out of spite for the missed PAT against PSU.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Sarge has two weeks to prepare for Syracuse, he should be fired if we lose that game. I do not think we will win.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:14 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Sarge has two weeks to prepare for Syracuse, he should be fired if we lose that game. I do not think we will win.

I think Cuse is going to light this D up like a Christmas Tree
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:Sarge has two weeks to prepare for Syracuse, he should be fired if we lose that game. I do not think we will win.

Watched their game vs Notre Dame in the Meadowlands. Their offense is about 80 years of evolution past ours. Bad team or not it was at least entertaining.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Watched their game vs Notre Dame in the Meadowlands. Their offense is about 80 years of evolution past ours. Bad team or not it was at least entertaining.

So you are saying that Cuse employs the forward pass.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Dungey just want down against VT.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:26 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Still, cuse up 17-9... We will struggle no matter who they have as QB. We let up 49......

Because the transitive property works extremely well in college football. :81
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Still, cuse up 17-9... We will struggle no matter who they have as QB. We let up 49......

Because the transitive property works extremely well in college football. :81

Dino Babers is 1000000000000x the offensive mind of the gym teacher.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Agreed. Not winning another game this year. 0-16 in the ACC. And, he'll get the chance to set more records for futility next year.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Barbers teams do not play defense, but neither does BC anymore! There is no way Daz comes back next year even with one ACC win. He will never have a winning season in the ACC, what's the point, eat the ten million and clean house.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:24 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Agreed. Not winning another game this year. 0-16 in the ACC. And, he'll get the chance to set more records for futility next year.

If he is back next year, I won't watch that shit. I am hoping the fact that we will be a national laughing stock for the back to back defeated seasons is enough to get this clown fired.

The problem with your statement is that it presupposes care enough to laugh at BC.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:05 pm

The long term financial hit to the Flynn Fund and season ticket sales is far greater than waiting an extra year to save 2.5 million.

All that said, this disaster cannot be fixed just by firing Daz. BC needs a new organizational structure with an athletics board comprised of the AD, trustees, head of development & donors. This group must be involved with all decisions including hiring of coaches, fund raising, facilities, DBS, parking fees & game day experience. If Leahy opposes it again, fire his ass. These last 10 years of zero investment in facilities, hiring of totally incompetent AD's and coaches has led to annual operating losses in the millions, winless ACC football and bball programs, thousands of lost season ticket holders and zero chances of improvement if the same system and the same idiots are allowed to continue.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The long term financial hit to the Flynn Fund and season ticket sales is far greater than waiting an extra year to save 2.5 million.

All that said, this disaster cannot be fixed just by firing Daz. BC needs a new organizational structure with an athletics board comprised of the AD, trustees, head of development & donors. This group must be involved with all decisions including hiring of coaches, fund raising, facilities, DBS, parking fees & game day experience. If Leahy opposes it again, fire his ass. These last 10 years of zero investment in facilities, hiring of totally incompetent AD's and coaches has led to annual operating losses in the millions, winless ACC football and bball programs, thousands of lost season ticket holders and zero chances of improvement if the same system and the same idiots are allowed to continue.

Having about a million voices in athletics is about the dumbest thing I've heard. Hiring a good AD/Coach and don't meddle
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:32 am

just wondering if folks still think this was "cool" or if everyone is back to the reasonable position that it was cringy at the time and you were just blinded by #dudes at the time

https://twitter.com/BCFootballVideo/sta ... 5358801921
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:just wondering if folks still think this was "cool" or if everyone is back to the reasonable position that it was cringy at the time and you were just blinded by #dudes at the time

https://twitter.com/BCFootballVideo/sta ... 5358801921

Check the timestamp.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:55 pm

One of that last on these boards to come around, but I'm now officially on Team Fire Daz.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:45 pm

Start processing the termination papers.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:59 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

So Bates can hire another MAC fucktard? Ummm, no thanks.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

So Bates can hire another MAC fucktard? Ummm, no thanks.

Bates has been invisible for months, he must be good as gone.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Where is Notorious Orange anyway? He should at least try to defend this shitty thread he started.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:32 pm

created 6 years ago

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 pm

/thread
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:03 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:All the fire Steve Addazio stuff from Florida is the exact same shit we say.

Thanks Big Ben/man walks on moon
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Last edited by DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:29 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:All the fire Steve Addazio stuff from Florida is the exact same shit we say.

Thanks Big Ben/man walks on moon

Considering my lack of knowledge of board history, those references mean nothing to be. That said, you are very welcome

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:41 am

say what you want about iwnhhcrd, he was at least a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY better oc than the last two stiffs that slaughter brought in.

exhibit a - scoring offense against p5 teams:

day: 24.5 ppg (20 games)
fitch: 10 ppg (9 games)
loeffler: 11 ppg (4 games)

exhibit b - the team won conference games

so, maybe leahy is an asshat at demanding inferior head coaches, at least he has his mind in the right place about retaining "loyal" coordinators/assistant coaches

i assume buttcut has nothing to do with any of this because he is worthless
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium