Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}: the simple fact is that Tyler Murphy did a great job of hiding all of the coaching staff's huge flaws.

what?

Not difficult to understand so won't explain. Sorry.

1) Does the staff get credit for bringing in Murphy, a player that was cast off from Florida & tailoring the offense to him?
b) Isn't it more Murphy did a great job masking the talent deficiencies that recruiting classes that ranked 9th, 8th, 12th, 14th, & 9th in the ACC?

1. You really want to give the coaching staff credit for tailoring an offense around its best player? That's their fucking job. But, yes, they do get credit for identifying Murphy and bringing him in. Of course, if you had noticed, I wasn't criticizing their recruiting. They've done a good job of recruiting despite the Spaz stink.

b. That wasn't a talented PSU team that we played. They were awful. All it took was a non-turtling coaching staff and it's a W. They gave us two free possessions with bad snaps and dropped a half dozen balls. BC's talent deficiencies could have easily been overcome yesterday by a competent coaching staff. If I'm not mistaken, Alston didn't get one single rushing attempt even though PSU was keying on Hilliman every play.

If people want to gush over this staff, I won't blame you given what we came from. But right now I see a coach who talks a good game, can recruit a bit, but who shits his pants in every close and late situation he's presented with. Addazio is like Rex fucking Ryan. He plays nice with the media so they completely gloss over his glaring faults.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:28 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}: the simple fact is that Tyler Murphy did a great job of hiding all of the coaching staff's huge flaws.

what?

1) Does the staff get credit for bringing in Murphy, a player that was cast off from Florida & tailoring the offense to him?
b) Isn't it more Murphy did a great job masking the talent deficiencies that recruiting classes that ranked 9th, 8th, 12th, 14th, & 9th in the ACC?

1. You really want to give the coaching staff credit for tailoring an offense around its best player? That's their fucking job. But, yes, they do get credit for identifying Murphy and bringing him in. Of course, if you had noticed, I wasn't criticizing their recruiting. They've done a good job of recruiting despite the Spaz stink.

b. That wasn't a talented PSU team that we played. They were awful. All it took was a non-turtling coaching staff and it's a W. They gave us two free possessions with bad snaps and dropped a half dozen balls. BC's talent deficiencies could have easily been overcome yesterday by a competent coaching staff. If I'm not mistaken, Alston didn't get one single rushing attempt even though PSU was keying on Hilliman every play.

If people want to gush over this staff, I won't blame you given what we came from. But right now I see a coach who talks a good game, can recruit a bit, but who shits his pants in every close and late situation he's presented with. Addazio is like Rex fucking Ryan. He plays nice with the media so they completely gloss over his glaring faults.

1) This kid was what the 3rd stringer on Florida. I think people take for granted what they got from Murphy this year, especially considering what he did with his first 4 years of college. But yes he saved us from being a 4 win team.

b) Agreed that was a bad Ped State team and a bad loss. Just because I'm defending the staff (really Daz but more on the macro program level than the micro yesterday level) doesn't mean I'm gushing over them.

I criticized the lack of Alston touches right off the bat.
There's good reason to question Don Brown right now. That 4th Q D was terrible and really the D all day was pretty bad.
The clock management by Daz continues to be bad.

But this isn't basketball where 1 or 2 players can take you from shit to the NCAAs.

Also Rex gets targeted by local media unlike any coach in the NFL but ok.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

what?

I'm amending my 2014 asshat ballot.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:40 am

That really stings, 9903. Way to ruin my day.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:44 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:That really stings, 9903. Way to ruin my day.

You ned to get off my turf...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:25 pm

I know me and tre are the two biggest anti adaziani people here, but people need to explain to me this...say adaz goes 6-6 next year (which seems to be right at the midpoint of people's estimates....Now what. It'll make him 20-18 and 17-18 against 1-A competition. It would be fair to expect a launch in year 4 no?

It's very alarming how poorly we have looked in the two bowl games given the nature of bowl games. We've looked like we didn't use that month to practice each time.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 pm

He delayed the green QB break in a year by landing Murphy. Next year's expectations should be tempered.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He delayed the green QB break in a year by landing Murphy. Next year's expectations should be tempered.

I hear that, but just because you did that shouldn't push back the expectation of championship contention by year 4
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:41 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He delayed the green QB break in a year by landing Murphy. Next year's expectations should be tempered.

I hear that, but just because you did that shouldn't push back the expectation of championship contention by year 4

I'm fine with that
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:49 pm

If Daz doesnt go at least 5-3 in conference play in 2016, I will start grousing for a new coach.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Daz is a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. I think we'll be better than you give em credit for next year. A ton of the production this year came from young guys, and if Wade/Smith can throw at all that gives us a new dimension going forward. With that said, I don't see Daz getting us over the hump in the long run
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 pm

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:35 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Daz is a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. I think we'll be better than you give em credit for next year. A ton of the production this year came from young guys, and if Wade/Smith can throw at all that gives us a new dimension going forward. With that said, I don't see Daz getting us over the hump in the long run

This is exactly where I am. Short of FSU, Clemson and Louisville hitting a dry spell (see late 2000s), BC isn't contending for conference titles. We're so outmanned against these teams that you may beat one of them on a given year, but it won't be enough.

To the point above this, Daz needs to stop with this type of stuff. He looks like a circus clown out there and his team followed suit with a complete lack of composire resulting in about a million penalty yards.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:36 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If Daz doesnt go at least 5-3 in conference play in 2016, I will start grousing for a new coach.

3 losses to FSU, Clemson and Louisvile?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If Daz doesnt go at least 5-3 in conference play in 2016, I will start grousing for a new coach.

In your world where chalk bettors never lose and "recruiting analysts" never miss, why bother playing the games?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:05 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

In your world where chalk bettors never lose and "recruiting analysts" never miss, why bother playing the games?

You're living in a dream world if you think we are going to have a winning record against those schools when they continue to crank out #1 overall classes. If BC wants to relax its academic standards and admit 5 or so terrific WRs/DBs/skill position players we can have a different discussion.

We can play with the big boys up front most years and at QB, but similar to yesterday we get destroyed at the skill positions. Again we go 10-2 with Penn St's WRs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Daz is a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. I think we'll be better than you give em credit for next year. A ton of the production this year came from young guys, and if Wade/Smith can throw at all that gives us a new dimension going forward. With that said, I don't see Daz getting us over the hump in the long run

This is exactly where I am. Short of FSU, Clemson and Louisville hitting a dry spell (see late 2000s), BC isn't contending for conference titles. We're so outmanned against these teams that you may beat one of them on a given year, but it won't be enough.

To the point above this, Daz needs to stop with this type of stuff. He looks like a circus clown out there and his team followed suit with a complete lack of composire resulting in about a million penalty yards.

I think Fisher is the real deal and is in the right place to win big. That makes FSU a problem. However, Clemson and Louisville are no sure things. Petrino is a great coach who has a history of self destruction and/or wandering eye. Do you really think he'll be coaching Louisville in five years? They will be tough as long as he is there, but who knows when that will be.

Dabo was 19-15 before Chad Morris showed up and on the hot seat. Can he win without Morris now? Time will tell.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:29 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think Fisher is the real deal and is in the right place to win big. That makes FSU a problem. However, Clemson and Louisville are no sure things. Petrino is a great coach who has a history of self destruction and/or wandering eye. Do you really think he'll be coaching Louisville in five years? They will be tough as long as he is there, but who knows when that will be.

Dabo was 19-15 before Chad Morris showed up and on the hot seat. Can he win without Morris now? Time will tell.

A blind squirrel could coach that offense with Watson at the helm and their skill position players.

Louisville had damn close to SEC level talent or at least we made them look at way.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:30 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

A blind squirrel could coach that offense with Watson at the helm and their skill position players.

Louisville had damn close to SEC level talent or at least we made them look at way.

We made Ped State look like they had eltie SEC-level talent. So, there's that...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You're living in a dream world if you think we are going to have a winning record against those schools when they continue to crank out #1 overall classes. If BC wants to relax its academic standards and admit 5 or so terrific WRs/DBs/skill position players we can have a different discussion.

We can play with the big boys up front most years and at QB, but similar to yesterday we get destroyed at the skill positions. Again we go 10-2 with Penn St's WRs

Not for nothing, but we had an opportunity to win against 2 of those 3 teams this year. Not that I'm counting moral victories ,but its not like this was the 1st year that those teams were pulling in recruiting classes on the level that you're talking about.

If you want to say that we won't have the better on paper than those guys in regard to recruiting, etc. - yeah, sure. But we didn't have that during the Ryan years either.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ you're an idiot. BC could have been 2-1 against those 3 teams in this rebuilding year.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 pm

I was at the game (10 out of 13 this year) and I thought Hiliman looked much improved. He outran the whole PSU defense! BC had a nice speed advantage and I would have liked to see Alston with the ball on the outside more, but with Hiliman doing so well I'm not surprised he did not get the ball more. Murphy almost got the TD or at least a first down at the end of the game that would have put BC up by 6 or 7. I had no problem with the offensive game plan. Up 21-14 you do not take chances deep in your own end of the field.

Defense has struggled against the pass all year. Give credit to Franklin going no huddle and preventing BC from getting their blitz packages into the game. Our defensive line could not generate a pass rush against UMass and I was not surprised at all with their showing against PSU. Don Brown has gotten a lot from very limited talent. There is no BJ Raji on that line. Wilkins could change that.

I said after last season that I thought BC would have a better offense this year and I really think Wade and Flutie (throwing from the WR position)the RB's and the receivers will all be better next year. Kicking game will get fixed. Improvement talent wise on D will be key in having a shot at the Atlantic division. I'm very optimistic about next season.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 pm

The comment about the last 2 bowl games is off base. Arizona had a ton of athletes on their team. I was at the game when they destroyed Oregon and I knew we were going to get routed. Adazzio is bringing in athletes that we cannot win without more of them. Look at the difference between the two games with SC. It's amazing that Adazzio found Murphy & Alston, both of whom outran the entire SC defense.

BC is 2 years, 26 games into a major rebuilding effort and this current team is much improved over last year's team and I expect that trend to continue. GO EAGLES!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ you're an idiot. BC could have been 2-1 against those 3 teams in this rebuilding year.

We still went 0-3 against them and are 0-5 in the last two years.

Do you seriously believe BC is playing in a conference championship in the next 5 years? I like Daz fine, but he's not a good in-game coach which is what it requires to beat teams like that (see Jags).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I was at the game (10 out of 13 this year) and I thought Hiliman looked much improved. He outran the whole PSU defense! BC had a nice speed advantage and I would have liked to see Alston with the ball on the outside more, but with Hiliman doing so well I'm not surprised he did not get the ball more. Murphy almost got the TD or at least a first down at the end of the game that would have put BC up by 6 or 7. I had no problem with the offensive game plan. Up 21-14 you do not take chances deep in your own end of the field.

Defense has struggled against the pass all year. Give credit to Franklin going no huddle and preventing BC from getting their blitz packages into the game. Our defensive line could not generate a pass rush against UMass and I was not surprised at all with their showing against PSU. Don Brown has gotten a lot from very limited talent. There is no BJ Raji on that line. Wilkins could change that.

I said after last season that I thought BC would have a better offense this year and I really think Wade and Flutie (throwing from the WR position)the RB's and the receivers will all be better next year. Kicking game will get fixed. Improvement talent wise on D will be key in having a shot at the Atlantic division. I'm very optimistic about next season.

We might have a crack at FSU at home sans Winston next year. Going down to Clemson and Louisville with their sophomore QBs is a different story. Maybe Wade will be like Watson who knows
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We still went 0-3 against them and are 0-5 in the last two years.

Do you seriously believe BC is playing in a conference championship in the next 5 years? I like Daz fine, but he's not a good in-game coach which is what it requires to beat teams like that (see Jags).

I seriously believe that BC was a team with poor talent that won 7 games, should have beaten Clemson and very easily could have beaten FSU. No, this wasn't a conference championship team. But if the talent level doesnt' quadruple in the next four years, Daz should be fired for bad recruiting, not coaching.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ClubMed93 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm

As we all know, Day was a huge problem this year. But the buck stops with Daz. Either Daz failed to correct the problem or was part of the problem.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Also the fact that we lost to fucking Penn State sucks hellaballs.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Wilkins represents Dazzler's first big recruiting fail.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Glad to see we're all staying rational.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium