Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:USA Today reports Daz may be safe even if he fails to get to a bowl game. His fate is tied to Buttcut.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... /92850126/

Does this sound as though Leahy or someone representing Leahy's thoughts is behind the USA Today piece about BC? The point being to set the stage/establish a plausible-sounding excuse for retaining Daz into 2017. If so, one is driven to the conclusion that, like Daz with his obsessive compulsive crack-the-rock play calling sans an Oline, Leahy stubbornly wants to avoid/postpone taking responsibility for the hire, hoping something exculpatory -- a single ACC win? -- turns up. Hitler let a lost war continue for years on a similar calculation. It cost the Germans several million extra dead.

I don't think there is anyone at the BOT level talking to Wolken. This is not being decided by Bates or really anyone in the Athletic Department. Maybe he got it from his agent Trace Armstrong, but he are not talking to Leahy/BOT guys either.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:USA Today reports Daz may be safe even if he fails to get to a bowl game. His fate is tied to Buttcut.

Does this sound as though Leahy or someone representing Leahy's thoughts is behind the USA Today piece about BC? The point being to set the stage/establish a plausible-sounding excuse for retaining Daz into 2017. If so, one is driven to the conclusion that, like Daz with his obsessive compulsive crack-the-rock play calling sans an Oline, Leahy stubbornly wants to avoid/postpone taking responsibility for the hire, hoping something exculpatory -- a single ACC win? -- turns up. Hitler let a lost war continue for years on a similar calculation. It cost the Germans several million extra dead.

I don't think there is anyone at the BOT level talking to Wolken. This is not being decided by Bates or really anyone in the Athletic Department. Maybe he got it from his agent Trace Armstrong, but he are not talking to Leahy/BOT guys either.

Yes. After giving it some thought, there is no way a freelancer cracked Bill Leahy's inner-circle. Wolken has no idea what Bill is thinking.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:^ This is hardly an apples to apples comparison, but I am fine with calling Day the least fat person at Weight Watchers.

just pointing out that as bad as day was, he wasn't as bad as what sarge has brought in since (and tried to control at a molecular level).

and i think that coach thinskin deserves all the blame for being an overcontrolling hot head that insists on his way, even when proven for more than 2 years to be wrong.

still not apples to apples. Loeffler is basically running the offense Day ran in year 1.

yeah, right. he has a flutie on the roster and has not called even one fake field goal.

That fake FG was genius, and you know nothing that creative has ever appeared in the 3-page playbook that Sarge utilizes. I'm just saying Loeffler isn't doing much different than Day, year 1. The talent Sarge brought in to run it just isn't as good, especially on the line and at QB.

Pfffft as if Daz's playbook has three pages. It's lucky if it's half a page.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:50 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

Yes. After giving it some thought, there is no way a freelancer cracked Bill Leahy's inner-circle. Wolken has no idea what Bill is thinking.

"According to multiple people with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly..." I have no idea who Wolken is or whether he follows conventional journalistic protocol, but his sourcing statement, in conventional terms, would normally mean he spoke to at least one person in authority at BC. While I agree that is unlikely to have been Leahy, it could still reflect a high level decision to get the word out: another year at least for Daz. The idea would be to counter the idea that BC would surely fire him this year if he reproduces something like last year's results.

We'll know before Xmas.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:At this point the level of apathy and disinterest will outweigh his buyout

I hope so.

Could we pay Bates the rest of his contract and fire him? Or have a "mutual parting of ways"?

If nothing else, maybe this piece will nudge ESPN to cover how shitty the athletic department is under Bates.***

*** Wally optimism

I think at this point, if we will already have to pay Thinskins buyout, paying one to Bates will just be redundant. Hes done in the Spring, just let it run its course (although a case could be made to just tell him to stay at home and keep getting a paycheck until the Spring so they get his stench completely away from the Ath. Department while looking for a new AD and hopefully negotiating for a new HC with someone senior or from the BOT).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:58 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think there is anything all that informative in the article. The secret, unnamed source is attributed to Bates not coming back because his contract will not be renewed. While it may give some solace that BC won't fuck up further by extending him, I don't believe many are surprised by that "scoop". The rest of the article seems to be him logically walking down the path as it relates to Daziani. Big buyout + cheap school + lame duck AD = Dazoo in 2017.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:08 am

maybe slaughter in 2017 will find him smart enough to bring back Ryan day to "fix" the offense
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 am

I'm still holding out hope that there will be a day that I find myself saying, "You know, Steve Addazio is really good at ________."
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:15 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm still holding out hope that there will be a day that I find myself saying, "You know, Steve Addazio is really good at ________."

cursing
Thinskin
hashtags
Cobra clutch
Blaming others
Threatening students and the media
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:24 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:maybe slaughter in 2017 will find him smart enough to bring back Ryan day to "fix" the offense

Given what Fitch is doing on his own this year, maybe slaughter in 2017 will find him smart enough to "fix" the offense by staying the fuck out of it.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:30 am

can't blame thinskin on fitch being a pussy that couldnt stand up for himself
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:maybe slaughter in 2017 will find him smart enough to bring back Ryan day to "fix" the offense

Given what Fitch is doing on his own this year, maybe slaughter in 2017 will find him smart enough to "fix" the offense by staying the fuck out of it.

Skip Holtz.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:47 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm still holding out hope that there will be a day that I find myself saying, "You know, Steve Addazio is really good at ________."

cursing
Thinskin
hashtags
Cobra clutch
Blaming others
Threatening students and the media

Coach Thinskin...not a dude.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

There is another....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.43.49 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.43.49 AM.jpg (117.68 KiB) Viewed 27353 times
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:There is another....

Amazing find!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Hoff on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:59 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed. There are some in the athletic department who will tell anybody that will listen that Addazio will be back. As you get higher up the chain you dont hear the same message though
Hoff
n00b

Postby eagle33 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:04 am

Confirming that ratings done by publications are a bunch of crap, Daz gets a mid season grade of C by the sporting news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/list/midterm-grades-acc-big-12-american-coaches-bob-stoops-mark-richt-tom-herman/1ghzn33dn9s9y1rorp7is52roo/slide/11
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Hoff {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed. There are some in the athletic department who will tell anybody that will listen that Addazio will be back. As you get higher up the chain you dont hear the same message though

What you and HJS say makes sense.

But I would not be surprised if Leahy has decided to give Addazio another year in order to save the money -- and, if by miraculous chance, 2017 turned out to be no worse than mediocre, another couple of years. As outrageous and idiotic as such a decision would be.

Don't forget, BC was the only negative vote on paying the players in P5. The administration is reliably dumb.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Now that Vine is shutting down, how is Daz going to keep recruiting dudes?

https://vine.co/u/959488597608878080
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Syracuse hurt and really soured me, but I'm back to where I was after the VT disaster.

1) This is bad.
2) Only way to revive true optimism is (was) for Daz to sweep the cupcakes ('Cuse, NCST, Wake and UConn) and pull an upset (Clemson, Louisville, FSU).
3) I'll contently continue to "wait and see" if Daz can win 3/4 cupcakkes and put a serious scare into Clemson, Louisville or FSU.
4) I totally lose faith in Daz we get crushed by all the baby rapists and win anything less than 3/4 against the cupcakes.

The NCST win has brought me back from the brink. I think we can beat UConn and Wake and go to a bowl game and I'm not even sure Louisville and FSU are completely unbeatable.

The OL is looking a little better. If they continue to grow, Wade can develop, and the defense continues and hopefully the DB's get a bit better, Daz can still be a success, though more TOB-level than Jags-level.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:37 pm

I think Daz has to use Jeff Smith more by mixing in some option runs into this offense. It gives the defense another thing to worry about and we had good success with Murphy. Smith has bulked up and he has elite speed.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm still trying to figure out Addazio's latest excuse: BC is getting blown out because all of the other teams are getting better.

Last I checked, it was pretty much in his job description to keep up with this stunning turn of events.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:palatine?

that was just an aliass like historylesson and randyrhodes

i still laugh at futurelesson. that never got old for me.

I laughed at this headline... https://www.yahoo.com/news/maine-govern ... itics.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:07 pm

It's a good thing that Smunday happens after National Signing Day. Otherwise, we'd be screwed.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's a good thing that Smunday happens after National Signing Day. Otherwise, we'd be screwed.

they can't be taking time off right after national signing day. the heinz hammer is going to demolish gallons of the red stuff over that couple of days. shelves will be bare, supply chains will be decimated.

c'mon john heinz kerry, think of the children
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:It's a good thing that Smunday happens after National Signing Day. Otherwise, we'd be screwed.

they can't be taking time off right after national signing day. the heinz hammer is going to demolish gallons of the red stuff over that couple of days. shelves will be bare, supply chains will be decimated.

c'mon john heinz kerry, think of the children

That's why Addazio's office is stocked with cases and cases of ketchup at all times. He's a Smunday prepper.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:32 pm

From SNL to a ketchup bottle in a smunday commercial.... yikes.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 pm

can we get this emoticon assigned as :daz
or is this a better size?
or this
or this
or this
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can we get this emoticon assigned as :daz
or is this a better size?
or this
or this
or this

2-1-3-5-4
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 am

hey murt - are you and justin still sexting? can you get him to catsup us an emoticon for daz's last 3 years on campus?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium