Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:40 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, I guess we're going more pro style next season according to the speculation? Is Loeffler's hiring supportive of that strategic switch? Is the switch another example of the spaghetti against the wall mode of operation that is becoming the hallmark of the Addazio regime? Are his recruits, particularly the OL adaptable to the scheme changing? Is he under such pressure that he is scrambling to find an answer, any answer? Does this guy have a real clue as to what he's doing, or why?

As long as Daz is running the show, there will be no major changes to the offense.

The difference between the 2013 and 2014 offenses is like no weiner vs tucked up. I don't understand how that's not a major change.

Would you like an illustration? Are you on a work computer?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, I guess we're going more pro style next season according to the speculation? Is Loeffler's hiring supportive of that strategic switch? Is the switch another example of the spaghetti against the wall mode of operation that is becoming the hallmark of the Addazio regime? Are his recruits, particularly the OL adaptable to the scheme changing? Is he under such pressure that he is scrambling to find an answer, any answer? Does this guy have a real clue as to what he's doing, or why?

As long as Daz is running the show, there will be no major changes to the offense.

The difference between the 2013 and 2014 offenses is like no weiner vs tucked up. I don't understand how that's not a major change.

Would you like an illustration? Are you on a work computer?

Ha I'm not Hansen, there is no image I will click on here.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Agreed but neither works without a OL
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:43 am

Daz deserves some credit for his assistant hiring. Don Brown turned out to be inspired. Ryan Day did a lot without a lot. Lempa and Al Washington contributed along the way. There have certainly been some bad fits (Fitch at OC and the jury remains out on Frye at OL), but overall Daz has done a good job staffing. And, while losing Brown hurts, I like the 2016 staff shake-up.

On offense, we needed a change. Accountability was demanded. At the very least let's be grateful Daz recognized this and made a change. Spaz would've just ordered more meatball subs for the angry mob demanding blood. And the changes are solid. Loeffler is a good hire, considering the circumstances. If Fitch's ego can handle the demotion, keeping his recruiting abilities and moving him back to WR's would be a win. I'm kind of indifferent to White at RB's and maybe a little concerned about Frye not just keeping OL, but also getting a "promotion" to Run Game Coordinator, but whatever. Overall, this has been a productive offseason for the offensive staff.

On defense, we didn't need a change, but change was forced on us. When Brown left there was a lot of despair around here. Well, Daz managed put out the fire and maybe even improve the defensive staff overall. Reid looks like a good fit, capable of filling Brown's shoes. And I really like moving Washington to the defensive side of the ball. I also really like the Campanile hire from a recruiting point of view. In fact, the defense now has an excellent recruiting team with Reid, Albert, Washington and Campanile. Excellent. Just need to bleach the taste of that 3-win season out of everyone's mouth and let these guys recruit.

Special teams is the only obvious downgrade. Hutzler really did a good job last year. Hopefully the extra year of kicking will help our FG woes, but I'm concerned about maintaining the progress we saw on returns and coverage. Was a little surprised to see Washington get this post too, but maybe Daz knows something we don't.

Either way, we needed a staff shake-up and we got one. And arguably, we are improved.

10-2 season? Anyone?
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:34 am

Coming off an awful year the coaches that Addazio is able to attract are an indication of his strong reputation in coaching circles (More down years and this rep will fade)
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:43 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Coming off an awful year the coaches that Addazio is able to attract are an indication of his strong reputation in coaching circles (More down years and this rep will fade)

maybe just hang back a bit, bro.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:07 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Coming off an awful year the coaches that Addazio is able to attract are an indication of his strong reputation in coaching circles (More down years and this rep will fade)

maybe just hang back a bit, bro.

I know you've been pricking it up on the t00bz but notorious orange is a slaughter reach-arounder. He claimed the sarge would be the bestest coach evah

He's a clown so you probably will go on dates with him to the baseball board
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Anyone that thinks Addazio's offense didnt' change dramatically from year 1 to year 2 is an idiot. Year 4 will look like year 1, but with a a better QB and a worse line.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:47 pm

anyone that doesn't think sarge's offense didn't change dramatically from year 2 to year 3 is an idiot

anyone that would hire him as an ol coach after year 3 is an even bigger idiot. i'd rather have randy shannon
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:37 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Anyone that thinks Addazio's offense didnt' change dramatically from year 1 to year 2 is an idiot. Year 4 will look like year 1, but with a a better QB and a worse line.

You suck, it's called hyperbole and part of a schtick

You're shticks are fucking terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Interesting stat from ACC Blog's mailbag today: On drives that started within their own territory BC averaged 0.42 pts/drive, which is the 6th worst average among FBS teams for the last decade. Basically, if it weren't for the short fields generated by the defense, BC almost never scored.

Just to emphasize, that's the 6th worst among all FBS (not P5) over the last 10 years. So BC's offense in 2015 came in 1,206th out of 1,211 FBS seasons over the last decade.

That stat puts a damper on even my optimism...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:35 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Anyone that thinks Addazio's offense didnt' change dramatically from year 1 to year 2 is an idiot. Year 4 will look like year 1, but with a a better QB and a worse line.

You're reading comprehension sucks but you don't see me getting nasty.

And if someone could fix the search function, this relative neophyte would have more informed schticks

You missed it. By a lot. It's okay though, your a moron.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

And if someone could fix the search function, this relative neophyte would have more informed schticks

Why do you post on the internet
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:56 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

no one else would listen to him
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:35 am

but hopefully with more than one viable WR option.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:25 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:And if someone could fix the search function, this relative neophyte would have more informed schticks

Don't blame the broken search function for yore failure.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's okay though, your a moron.

well played
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I hear but I don't listen
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Swing and a miss.....

You patting yourself on the back for playing along with the obvious while missing everything else? You must work in Congress.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I hear but I don't listen

Great movie.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:39 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Swing and a miss.....

You patting yourself on the back for playing along with the obvious while missing everything else? You must work in Congress.

I will start paying attention when I post from now on

That would a disappointing development.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:36 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Interesting stat from ACC Blog's mailbag today: On drives that started within their own territory BC averaged 0.42 pts/drive, which is the 6th worst average among FBS teams for the last decade. Basically, if it weren't for the short fields generated by the defense, BC almost never scored.

Just to emphasize, that's the 6th worst among all FBS (not P5) over the last 10 years. So BC's offense in 2015 came in 1,206th out of 1,211 FBS seasons over the last decade.

That stat puts a damper on even my optimism...

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Season 4 Unofficial Poll:

1) What's the minimum it would it take this year for you to completely lose faith in Addazio's future at BC?
2) What's the minimum it would it take this year for you to fully believe in Addazio's future at BC?

For me:
1) A WTF + going 0/3 against Clemson, Louisville and FSU. Right now Daz is 0/8 against the top of the Atlantic. Going 0/11 is going to be tough to stomach. If we go 0/11 against the top and we lose to someone like Wake or UConn, I may be done. The only thing that would salvage that kind of season would be sweeping everyone else. I can tolerate 9-4 with losses to Clemson, Louisville, FSU and UConn, but only if we sweep everyone else.

2) 10-2 (6-2). If Daz runs the table against the cupcakes and the decent ACC teams AND pulls out an upset against Clemson, FSU or Louisville, I'm going to become an EVEN BIGGER Daz fan. He'll earn himself an extension and at least another 4 years in my book.

EDIT: Obviously a lot of people have already lost faith, but humor me. Even if you're already 99% hopeless with Daz, what makes you 100%...
Last edited by dtwalrus on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:00 pm

1. Screw the win-loss record for this question. If this offense doesn't score at least 21 points per game in 2016, I am done with Daz. He's an offensive coach and these are his players. The offensive production has gone down with each passing season under Daz and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

2. If Daz goes 5-3 in conference play I will be very optimistic about the future. 5-3 would be his best conference record since arriving at BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:1. Screw the win-loss record for this question. If this offense doesn't score at least 21 points per game in 2016, I am done with Daz. He's an offensive coach and these are his players. The offensive production has gone down with each passing season under Daz and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

2. If Daz goes 5-3 in conference play I will be very optimistic about the future. 5-3 would be his best conference record since arriving at BC.

This. 9-3 and he is off my hotseat. 8-4 just OK.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:1. Screw the win-loss record for this question. If this offense doesn't score at least 21 points per game in 2016, I am done with Daz. He's an offensive coach and these are his players. The offensive production has gone down with each passing season under Daz and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

This. 9-3 and he is off my hotseat. 8-4 just OK.

what about 5-7/6-6 (aka - a more realistic expectation)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Count me in the 99% hopeless group. Our coaches are a major problem but the real problem is Bates the Clown.

1) A loss to GT. BC has a very good D, key players coming back from injury, a 5th year QB with a ton of SEC experience, and the whole pre-season to prepare for this game. BC should not lose this game. I predicted a 9-4 season and a bowl win because the schedule is so soft but with Sarge at the helm it could be another 3-9 season.

2) A 10-2 season with wins over two of VT, FSU, Louisville, or Clemson.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Count me in the 99% hopeless group. Our coaches are a major problem but the real problem is Bates the Clown.

1) A loss to GT. BC has a very good D, key players coming back from injury, a 5th year QB with a ton of SEC experience, and the whole pre-season to prepare for this game. BC should not lose this game. I predicted a 9-4 season and a bowl win because the schedule is so soft but with Sarge at the helm it could be another 3-9 season.

With a young OL I think it's entirely possible that it takes a few more games, even another half a season, before we really start seeing good line play. And GT's D is solid. I could see BC easily losing this game. If the OL starts gelling after a few games and pulls out the 9-4 you predicted, with only losses to GT, Louisville, Clemson and FSU -- or hell, even if they go 8-5 with losses to GT, VT, Louisville, Clemson and FSU, but beat everyone else -- I bet you take a step back from 99%...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:Count me in the 99% hopeless group. Our coaches are a major problem but the real problem is Bates the Clown.

With a young OL I think it's entirely possible that it takes a few more games, even another half a season, before we really start seeing good line play. And GT's D is solid. I could see BC easily losing this game. If the OL starts gelling after a few games and pulls out the 9-4 you predicted, with only losses to GT, Louisville, Clemson and FSU -- or hell, even if they go 8-5 with losses to GT, VT, Louisville, Clemson and FSU, but beat everyone else -- I bet you take a step back from 99%...

No, I won't take a step back with wins against the likes of UMass, Wagner, Buffalo, Cuse, RCC, Yukon, and WF.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 pm

Don't you have to have at some point bought in or at least given some benefit of the doubt to be done?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium