explosions at marathon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: explosions at marathon

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Anyone else bothered by how some of the media is portraying the 19 year old? Some are portraying him almost as a victim. That he was brainwashed by his older brother, and that we should in some way feel bad for this evil little prick. CNN's lead is "This person just took his brain" and "Uncle: My nephew was brainwashed." I don't care what influence his older brother, or Allah, or whoever else may have had on him. He still walked into a crowd of innocent men, women, and children and knowingly dropped a bomb by their feet. I hate to bring politics into it, but it's essentially the liberal media pimping this shit out. Disgusts me to no end.

It is disgusting and sad, but it was inevitable. If you do something, no matter how heinous, out of anti-American sentiment, you will always garner sympathizers from the lunatic fringe.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 am

It's also probably what his attorney will try to do if they don't have a plea deal. May as well turn on your brother/co-conspirator. Won't hurt him at this point.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm on the phone with someone from Arizona right now. Between this interaction, mattheeagle and nospace I am getting the impression that there may be a problem.

Does this person have a blog, too?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm on the phone with someone from Arizona right now. Between this interaction, mattheeagle and nospace I am getting the impression that there may be a problem.

Does this person have a blog, too?

they probably won't send me the URL and its probably the right call on their part.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I detest this douchebag, but I have no interest in the government having the power to declare an American citizen, arrested on American soil, an enemy combatant subject to deprivation of the rights accord an American citizen on the basis of a nebulous definition of "terrorism."

Well, yeah...but....but I'm ANGRY. You need to take people's feelings into account when considering the application of equal protection, due process, etc.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Copley Square is open for business and it's a beautiful day.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I detest this douchebag, but I have no interest in the government having the power to declare an American citizen, arrested on American soil, an enemy combatant subject to deprivation of the rights accord an American citizen on the basis of a nebulous definition of "terrorism."

Well, yeah...but....but I'm ANGRY. You need to take people's feelings into account when considering the application of equal protection, due process, etc.

While we're at it let's cook that Ricin guy no questions asked. Wait .... you mean it wasn't him? Whoopsie....

(Don't confuse this with the fact that I know the Tsarnaev pricks are guilty and the younger kid needs to fry)
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

BOSTON—Days after being apprehended for his alleged role in last week’s Boston Marathon attack, suspected bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev reportedly posted bail earlier today, prompting authorities to release him from custody. “At approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning, the suspect’s attorney posted his $2,000 bond, making Mr. Tsarnaev a free man for the time being,” Boston Police Department Commissioner Edward Davis told reporters at a press conference hours after Tsarnaev’s discharge from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, adding that the 19-year-old terror suspect is not considered a flight risk due to his high recognizability and injured state. “Per the terms of his bail, the suspect will be unable to leave the state of Massachusetts and must check in with officers once a week until his trial date. Should he violate the terms of his release or fail to show up for trial, he stands to forfeit the entirety of the bond.” Tsarnaev was unable to be reached for comment.

http://www.cnn.com/articles/dzhokar-tsarnaev-posts-bail,32184
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:52 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
BOSTON—Days after being apprehended for his alleged role in last week’s Boston Marathon attack, suspected bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev reportedly posted bail earlier today, prompting authorities to release him from custody. “At approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning, the suspect’s attorney posted his $2,000 bond, making Mr. Tsarnaev a free man for the time being,” Boston Police Department Commissioner Edward Davis told reporters at a press conference hours after Tsarnaev’s discharge from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, adding that the 19-year-old terror suspect is not considered a flight risk due to his high recognizability and injured state. “Per the terms of his bail, the suspect will be unable to leave the state of Massachusetts and must check in with officers once a week until his trial date. Should he violate the terms of his release or fail to show up for trial, he stands to forfeit the entirety of the bond.” Tsarnaev was unable to be reached for comment.

i bet the judge's name is Marshall
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:13 pm

talon {l Wrote}:

nice url trick talon
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 pm

His parents are coming here. They're not U.S. citizens, so we ought to just put bullets in their heads as soon as they arrive. Let people know what happens when they/their kids fuck with us.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 pm

This is an interesting twist. One of the brothers friends was brutally murdered a couple years ago. Unsolved.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/us/boston-area-homicide-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

i bet the judge's name is Marshall

Now would be the time for someone to create an alias named Marshall Law. A law talking dude could really get it right. I just don't have the energy for aliases.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 am

talon {l Wrote}:

Funny. I just heard on NPR this morning that a judge came into his hospital room, unannounced, and read him his Miranda "rights"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:22 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:This is an interesting twist. One of the brothers friends was brutally murdered a couple years ago. Unsolved.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/us/boston-area-homicide-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

That's ridiculous. Simply by setting foot on American soil, they will be 95% on their way to American citizenship. Dems aren't going to want to jeopardize the chance to add more dependents to their voting block. Bottom line remains... Dem welfare policies paid for the nails, BBs and pressure cookers used.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

Funny. I just heard on NPR this morning that a judge came into his hospital room, unannounced, and read him his Miranda "rights"

What's also funny... he immediately STFU after being read his Miranda "rights".
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/ ... a-warning/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 am

This. Especially given the fact that every time there has been a terrorist attack or attempted attack in this country since 9/11 (other than 9/11 itself) the left has jizzed itself over the possibility that it might not be one of those nice misunderstood peaceful Muslims but an evil racist Gadsden Flag-waving teabagger gun nut. It legitimately scares me what might happen if this precedent is set and a McVeigh type does commit a terrorist attack while Obama is in office. They'd be scouring over the NRA rolls, Tea Party groups' membership lists, etc. looking for people to ship to Gitmo as accessories.

US citizen on US soil, you get all the rights afforded to you by the Constitution. Non-US citizen on US soil, you get the waterboard. Non-US citizen overseas, you get either the waterboard or a Predator missile inserted where Mr. Moneypenny might insert a mandolin. US citizen overseas, it has to be decided on a case by case basis.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

This. Especially given the fact that every time there has been a terrorist attack or attempted attack in this country since 9/11 (other than 9/11 itself) the left has jizzed itself over the possibility that it might not be one of those nice misunderstood peaceful Muslims but an evil racist Gadsden Flag-waving teabagger gun nut. It legitimately scares me what might happen if this precedent is set and a McVeigh type does commit a terrorist attack while Obama is in office. They'd be scouring over the NRA rolls, Tea Party groups' membership lists, etc. looking for people to ship to Gitmo as accessories.

US citizen on US soil, you get all the rights afforded to you by the Constitution. Non-US citizen on US soil, you get the waterboard. Non-US citizen overseas, you get either the waterboard or a Predator missile inserted where Mr. Moneypenny might insert a mandolin. US citizen overseas, it has to be decided on a case by case basis.

Basically, mob justice is fine so long as your in the mob but you might not always be in the mob.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am

talon {l Wrote}:

Naturally this made the front page of literallyunbelievable.org.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}: Non-US citizen overseas, you get either the waterboard or a Predator missile inserted where Mr. Moneypenny might insert a mandolin.

Do our armed forces still paint the nosecones of missiles with crude messages and pictures? If so, could you stencil or print and paste some of this board's artwork onto the tips?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

A couple of days ago I heard what has to be one of the best: at an ICBM silo, someone had painted a replica of a Domino's pizza box. On it:: "If not delivered within 30 minutes, you get a second one free."
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}: Non-US citizen overseas, you get either the waterboard or a Predator missile inserted where Mr. Moneypenny might insert a mandolin.

Do our armed forces still paint the nosecones of missiles with crude messages and pictures? If so, could you stencil or print and paste some of this board's artwork onto the tips?

I don't work even remotely near missiles or I would be happy to draw Mr. Moneypenny or write "here comes teh juice ool". If you'd asked me last time I was here I could've done it with .50 cal rounds but it's barely a war now.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:58 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Basically, mob justice is fine so long as your in the mob but you might not always be in the mob.

?

"Mob justice"? It seems to me that Philly has pretty much summarized the current administration's formal policy. Just replace "waterboard" with "unlimited military detention as an enemy combatant", and I think it is pretty spot-on, no?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

?

"Mob justice"? It seems to me that Philly has pretty much summarized the current administration's formal policy. Just replace "waterboard" with "unlimited military detention as an enemy combatant", and I think it is pretty spot-on, no?

i was agreeing with him and summarizing succinctly. I actually do think mob justice would be preferable if you could always stick with right side of things.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

?

i was agreeing with him and summarizing succinctly. I actually do think mob justice would be preferable if you could always stick with right side of things.

Yes, if we had Plato's philosopher-kings this would all be a lot easier.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

?

"Mob justice"? It seems to me that Philly has pretty much summarized the current administration's formal policy.

Wouldn't that "policy" have been these two guys being vaporized in the very car that they jacked from a preditor drone attack, whole thing captured live on CNN?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

?

Or if nospace were in charge, other than the gatorade irrigation and re-writing history so that WW2 was a fight between dinosaurs, we'd be all set.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

?

Or if nospace were in charge, other than the gatorade irrigation and re-writing history so that WW2 was a fight between dinosaurs, we'd be all set.

'In that situation, these guys would be found guilty because they have no money.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Or if nospace were in charge, other than the gatorade irrigation and re-writing history so that WW2 was a fight between dinosaurs, we'd be all set.

I'm so happy to learn that someone else enjoyed Idiocracy.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Or if nospace were in charge, other than the gatorade irrigation and re-writing history so that WW2 was a fight between dinosaurs, we'd be all set.

I'm so happy to learn that someone else enjoyed Idiocracy.

will respond later 'batin
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium