explosions at marathon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: explosions at marathon

Postby innocentbystander on Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Three college students arrested in connection with the bombing. Anyone see BCEagles25 recently?

don't we have a couple from UMass Dartmouth that post here?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed May 01, 2013 12:12 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Three college students arrested in connection with the bombing. Anyone see BCEagles25 recently?

BREAKING NEWS: 3 More Suspects Taken Into Custody in Boston ProbeThree additional suspects were taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation, Boston Police say. Two of the suspects, identified as Azamat Tazhayakov, pictured left, and Dias Kadyrbayev, center, are classmates of alleged bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, pictured right, while a third is identified as a US citizen who wasn't smart enough to get into BC.

On another note, as I read more about the activities of the older brother, his ties to a recently killed Canadian-turned-jihadi, and how the Russian intelligence services reached out to the US, I'm getting the sense that a ball may have been dropped by the US. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. While I'm a realist and understand that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies aren't superhuman, the tendency after these types of events is to blame someone or something. If all details come out, there could be some backlash against the FBI for checking out Tamerlan and then essentially clearing him.
Last edited by RegalBCeagle on Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Hasn't logged in since 10:30 last night, just sayin'...

Oooh! You should post this info to reddit!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Already on it. I have a Google Earth 3D map of Duxbury, UMass-Dartmouth's academic calendar, BCEagles25's posting history and EO sitemeter statistics ready to go.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Already on it. I have a Google Earth 3D map of Duxbury, UMass-Dartmouth's academic calendar, BCEagles25's posting history and EO sitemeter statistics ready to go.

I hope he's an angry white guy and has conducted commerce in multiple states. Have you come up with a witty headline for the NY Post yet?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I hope he's an angry white guy and has conducted commerce in multiple states. Have you come up with a witty headline for the NY Post yet?

Eagle Grounded!

Also, I can't believe you're still talking about the commerce clause thing. Talon was so wrong about that.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

BREAKING NEWS: 3 More Suspects Taken Into Custody in Boston ProbeThree additional suspects were taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation, Boston Police say. Two of the suspects, identified as Azamat Tazhayakov, pictured left, and Dias Kadyrbayev, center, are classmates of alleged bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, pictured right, while a third is identified as a US citizen who wasn't smart enough to get into BC.

On another note, as I read more about the activities of the older brother, his ties to a recently killed Canadian-turned-jihadi, and how the Russian intelligence services reached out to the US, I'm getting the sense that a ball may have been dropped by the US. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. While I'm a realist and understand that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies aren't superhuman, the tendency after these types of events is to blame someone or something. If all details come out, there could be some backlash against the FBI for checking out Tamerlan and then essentially clearing him.

They shot right off the hip day 1 saying the brothers acted alone with no help... You knew right away this is more a PR damage control circus than an investigation... He's on one list, not on another, name spelled wrong on another, govt agencies not talking to each other. Russia several times telling us this guy is dangerous that we ignore...

We can laude the watertown police for their efforts, but it was a citizen doing his own inspection that tipped off the whereabouts of flashbang, within the radius that the police didn't check. Another citizen identifed the bombing pictures of the suspects... Police had these guys pinned down and managed to let a 19yr old evade them and get away on foot.

Lots of questionable stuff going on.
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

BCEagles25ToLife
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:01 pm

I go to UMD and there is a ton of reporters back on campus again. Seen Jahar walk around campus before and he's a little skinny bitch.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Are the two on the left going to be deported in time for The Running of the Jew?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:I go to UMD and there is a ton of reporters back on campus again. Seen Jahar walk around campus before and he's a little skinny bitch.

Jahar's mug shot:

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:I go to UMD and there is a ton of reporters back on campus again. Seen Jahar walk around campus before and he's a little skinny bitch.

Jahar's mug shot:

good to know that yesterday was an anomaly and you are back to shitting up the board today
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Jahar's mug shot:

good to know that yesterday was an anomaly and you are back to shitting up the board today

I don't think you're getting it. "Jahar" and "Jafar" sound similar.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 01, 2013 3:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:On another note, as I read more about the activities of the older brother, his ties to a recently killed Canadian-turned-jihadi, and how the Russian intelligence services reached out to the US, I'm getting the sense that a ball may have been dropped by the US. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. While I'm a realist and understand that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies aren't superhuman, the tendency after these types of events is to blame someone or something. If all details come out, there could be some backlash against the FBI for checking out Tamerlan and then essentially clearing him.

There is a report out there that the Saudis provided the US with a written report on Black Hat and denied him access to the country when he was trying to go on Mecca.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

BCEagles25ToLife

He shoots, he scores!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 02, 2013 10:16 am

It seems that these charges are less of an organized effort between the brothers and these three to commit the bombing, and more of these three being charged with lying for the younger one, and trying to get rid of some evidence after the fact.

Link
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu May 02, 2013 10:35 am

It seems like they're trying to lean on these three for some sort of information. Not sure what information.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 am

Happy Monday Marathon Weirdos!!! May all your bombings be meat.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 am

It's perfect weather for day drinking and checking out :skank. I hate having responsibilities.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Happy Monday Marathon Weirdos!!! May all your bombings be meat.

I just hope people have recovered emotionally. I mean, it's only been a year. Anyone else think it might be a little insensitive to the survivors to relive these events? For shame, Boston, for shame. There are still people in New Jersey mourning the brazen theft of their gym motto.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:52 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

I just hope people have recovered emotionally. I mean, it's only been a year. Anyone else think it might be a little insensitive to the survivors to relive these events? For shame, Boston, for shame. There are still people in New Jersey mourning the brazen theft of their gym motto.

How does one steal a gym motto?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I imagine it goes a lot like that Wahlberg/Rock movie "Pain & Gain".
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

How does one steal a gym motto?

Brazenly. Duh
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Timothy McVeigh's trial was moved from Oklahoma City to Denver Colorado. Can one of the law talkin' guys explain why this trial hasn't been moved? I'm sure that he'd be found guilty by any jury anywhere in the country, but is there anybody in Boston who can claim to be fair and impartial on this, especially when pretty much the entire city shut down?

Are they only limiting the jury pool to Boston residents who have moved to Boston within the last year and a half?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm

I think the trial would be moved to a different venue if they made the motion. However, my guess is that the defense isn't all too keen on seeking a new jury pool. We are talking about the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. The same state that has sent Elizabeth Warren to represent them in the Senate (because Scott Brown was too non-partisan). Only Marin County, CA could come close to providing a comparable jury pool with the same animus towards America as the defendant.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think the trial would be moved to a different venue if they made the motion. However, my guess is that the defense isn't all too keen on seeking a new jury pool. We are talking about the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. The same state that has sent Elizabeth Warren to represent them in the Senate (because Scott Brown was too non-partisan). Only Marin County, CA could come close to providing a comparable jury pool with the same animus towards America as the defendant.

If it's a federal case could it be tried then in any federal district?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:05 pm

I'll pass on the federal criminal procedure and venue questions. But I suspect no one asked for the reasons cited by HJS.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 pm

I stand corrected. Google is my friend.

New York Times {l Wrote}:Judge George A. O’Toole Jr. of Federal District Court on Wednesday denied a defense request to move the trial outside Boston, saying that the region was big enough to find 12 jurors who could be impartial.

“It is doubtful whether a jury could be selected anywhere in the country whose members were wholly unaware of the marathon bombings,” the judge wrote in a 10-page opinion. “The Constitution does not oblige them to be,” he added, noting that jurors need only be able to set aside impressions and render a verdict based on the evidence presented.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/trial-of-marathon-bombing-suspect-to-remain-in-boston-judge-rules.html?_r=0
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:51 am

would've loved to see someone reviewed for the marathon bombing jury:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html

Question 29:
If you blog or post messages or opinions on websites, please describe the websites, the types of things you blog or post and how often you do it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:would've loved to see someone reviewed for the marathon bombing jury:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html

Question 29:
If you blog or post messages or opinions on websites, please describe the websites, the types of things you blog or post and how often you do it

we dismiss juror number 12 due to his penchant for meatbomb posts. a bombing trial has no place for a meatbomber
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium