Clemson @ Miami

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Clemson @ Miami

Postby nsbcfan on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:47 pm

This game is actually very big for the Eagles. Clemson needs to lose one more conference game in order for BC to win the Atlantic.

I checked Clemson's remaining schedule and @Miami is by far their toughest remaining conference game.

Florida St and Virginia have to play in Death Valley and Clemson visits Tobias and Company.

Clemson will be moderate to strong favorites in all of those last three games.
nsbcfan
n00b

Re: Clemson @ Miami

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Jacory and the U need to take care of business on Saturday Afternoon. Knowing Clemson, they'll win this game and screw up against UVA or NCST.

Realistically, they're going to get blasted by the U.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby joemack13 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm worried about Clemson. Their offense has been dismal, really holding them back - we should have easily beaten them if we actually came to play - but they just put up like 37 against Wake? They may have turned the corner. Unless that was some kind of fluke I think they have a very decent chance of winning out. Go Canes.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:57 pm

My gut is that Clemson loses only 1 of their remaining ACC games, but we do too. :gun

I think UNC will pose real problems for us, even though they are in shambles. And I hope to God I'm wrong. I just don't see us winning out in the ACC.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I will say again that 5-3 wins the division. That said, I don't think Clemson finishes with just one more loss. I think Miami beats them and I think TOB pulls one out on Dabo.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:05 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I will say again that 5-3 wins the division. That said, I don't think Clemson finishes with just one more loss. I think Miami beats them and I think TOB pulls one out on Dabo.

I agree with this.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby nsbcfan on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I will say again that 5-3 wins the division. That said, I don't think Clemson finishes with just one more loss. I think Miami beats them and I think TOB pulls one out on Dabo.

I would really appreciate it if the Hen could do us that favor, but that team that just got crushed in Chestnut Hill on Saturday does not look like they are going to win anything soon. A win over Clemson is also not significant for the Wolfpack because it does not get them any closer to the mythical "North Carolina State Championship" that Tobias won last year.
nsbcfan
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

O Joy, then we'll get to go to Tampa and get pistol-whipped by either Miami, GT or VT. To be honest, we have a 0% chance at being any of those 3 times.

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

I would really appreciate it if the Hen could do us that favor, but that team that just got crushed in Chestnut Hill on Saturday does not look like they are going to win anything soon. A win over Clemson is also not significant for the Wolfpack because it does not get them any closer to the mythical "North Carolina State Championship" that Tobias won last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:O Joy, then we'll get to go to Tampa and get pistol-whipped by either Miami, GT or VT. To be honest, we have a 0% chance at being any of those 3 times.

So it wold be better to not make the ACCCG? :81
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:19 pm

No not at all. Sorry wasn't trying to open this can of worms against. I hope we win out AND start playing better football, win the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl.

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:O Joy, then we'll get to go to Tampa and get pistol-whipped by either Miami, GT or VT. To be honest, we have a 0% chance at being any of those 3 times.

So it wold be better to not make the ACCCG? :81
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:24 pm

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

Not true. Anyone in the ACC can beat anyone else in the ACC on a given day on a neutral field like Tampa. Those that said VT could not be beaten were proven wrong, as I said, only one week later. BC can beat GT,VT and Miami. The odds are not in our favor but we have 1 in 3 chance against any of these teams if we play in Tampa like we play at home.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm

I know this isn't the point, but seeing as we don't play our home games at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida .... Anyway we'll see I hope you are right. I'm not totally convinced BC couldn't give the current residents of Ray Jay a run for their money, God my Bucs are bad.

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

Not true. Anyone in the ACC can beat anyone else in the ACC on a given day on a neutral field like Tampa. Those that said VT could not be beaten were proven wrong, as I said, only one week later. BC can beat GT,VT and Miami. The odds are not in our favor but we have 1 in 3 chance against any of these teams if we play in Tampa like we play at home.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I know this isn't the point, but seeing as we don't play our home games at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida .... Anyway we'll see I hope you are right. I'm not totally convinced BC couldn't give the current residents of Ray Jay a run for their money, God my Bucs are bad.

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

I'd rather face VT in Tampa - I think Magical Lane Stadium is spotted 14 at the beginning of each game.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Actually, we spotted Lane Stadium 34 points in our last visit there. Last year in Tampa we spotted them 10 or 14 as I recall.

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I know this isn't the point, but seeing as we don't play our home games at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida .... Anyway we'll see I hope you are right. I'm not totally convinced BC couldn't give the current residents of Ray Jay a run for their money, God my Bucs are bad.

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

I'd rather face VT in Tampa - I think Magical Lane Stadium is spotted 14 at the beginning of each game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Actually, we spotted Lane Stadium 34 points in our last visit there. Last year in Tampa we spotted them 10 or 14 as I recall.

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:

Yes, but will they JINGLE THEIR KEYS in Tampa as hard?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:38 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Yes, but will they JINGLE THEIR KEYS in Tampa as hard?

that depends... is there somewhere near the stadium to park their house, or will they be in a non-residence vehicle? the latter has smaller sets of keys typically

If we have some guys go in the day before the game and install these around the stadium, we can take away this ability during critical third downs.

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Let's not also forget, last year mercifully in Tampa they didn't play Enter Sandman over the PA system. On the band played it and jumped up and down. Huge advantage for us.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mezmrin on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 pm

we're assuming BC will win out and thus we need to as well to go to the ACCCG. with Miami, FSU, NCST, and UVA still on our schedule and not to mention our ability to lose to anybody at any given time it doesn't look good for us. that being said, i expect us to go into Miami or wherever they play and lay a beat down of epic proportions on them. Fans will be wondering if the real Coach Randy Shannon has returned home again. My money is our loss is coming from NCST or UVA or possibly both. :whiteflag
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:09 pm

I think it would be wonderful if every team in the Atlantic goes 4-4. Then, it will be the All-Time Clstrfxck of tie-breakers.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I think it would be wonderful if every team in the Atlantic goes 4-4. Then, it will be the All-Time Clstrfxck of tie-breakers.

And TOB gets the sportsmanship award for multiple shared championships
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby NDubEagle on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Yes, but will they JINGLE THEIR KEYS in Tampa as hard?[/quote]

I was at the game in Lane last week, and when the whole key jingling thing starts, people who apparently have no keys still jingle invisible keys. not particularly intimidating as gestures go...
NDubEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby weinerdog on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 pm

NDubEagle {l Wrote}:Yes, but will they JINGLE THEIR KEYS in Tampa as hard?

I was at the game in Lane last week, and when the whole key jingling thing starts, people who apparently have no keys still jingle invisible keys. not particularly intimidating as gestures go...[/quote]

Do they voice a little "jingle-lingle-lingle" sound while they're doing it, as though they DID have keys in their hands?
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 pm

I think one of two things is going to happen.

1) Clemson beats Miami soundly and proceeds to lose to two of FSU/NCSU/Virginia
2) Clemson loses to Miami and has a WTF in one of its remaining games.

Either way, I'm fairly confident that Clemson is going to lose twice more. It just seems like it always happens to them.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby NDubEagle on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 am

weinerdog {l Wrote}:

I was at the game in Lane last week, and when the whole key jingling thing starts, people who apparently have no keys still jingle invisible keys. not particularly intimidating as gestures go...

Do they voice a little "jingle-lingle-lingle" sound while they're doing it, as though they DID have keys in their hands?

i figured they would use their other hand to jingle change in their pockets[/quote]

I didn't actually check to see what they were doing in their pockets. Strange environment, though. Fanbase seems like a bunch of suspicious hillfolk. Barely make eye contact. Completely different from the Clemson. Women were uniformly unattractive. Enter Sandman was cool though.
NDubEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am

Definately a strange environment but everyone was really nice to us. Unfortunately, we spent the majority of the game about midway up in the BC Section making fun of Shinskie, Spaz, Gunnell and the rest of the crew. First game I've ever left early in the 3rd Quarter because it was so bad. That Ryan Quigley 4 yard punt (the second one of the afternoon) was enough to drive me out of Lane Stadium.

NDubEagle {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

i figured they would use their other hand to jingle change in their pockets

I didn't actually check to see what they were doing in their pockets. Strange environment, though. Fanbase seems like a bunch of suspicious hillfolk. Barely make eye contact. Completely different from the Clemson. Women were uniformly unattractive. Enter Sandman was cool though.[/quote]
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium