the bubble collapsed again

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

the bubble collapsed again

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 pm

ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: the bubble collapsed again

Postby mod6A on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 pm

oh the humanity.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :chewbanka :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 am

If one looks at the vendor's site who made the BC bubble, they sell a sensor that is suppose to adjust the pressure inside to account for high winds.

"Sensor automatically adjusts the dome’s interior pressure set point, to accommodate for the outside wind speed, and weather conditions."
"Automatically adjusts interior dome pressure to maintain correct dome stability."

If we have one, it doesn't work!

http://www.yeadondomes.com/en/about/yeadon-innovation/wind-sensor-snow-sensor
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

Winds are one thing, but the weight of two feet of frozen water is another.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BIGDUKE6 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 pm

There are as many people in the stands in that picture as there was for kickoff in the Maine game.
BIGDUKE6
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Winds are one thing, but the weight of two feet of frozen water is another.

especially since snowstorms snow storms are so rare in New England!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Illegal immigrants with children born out of wedlock are to blame for the bubble's fall.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm surprised no one on any BC forum has ever suggested building a domed stadium. :chewbanka
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

the bubble

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:15 am

Did they do anything differently after the last collapse - like factor in the fact that it snows in New England?
Oh, and it is snowing again in Boston
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: the bubble collapsed

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:16 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Did they do anything differently after the last collapse - like factor in the fact that it snows in New England?
Oh, and it is snowing again in Boston

Just noticed this. Dammit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC96 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Adazzio spoke at an event in NYC last night; he said that they haven't been able to use the bubble 13 of the last 17 days. He said the biggest difference that can made to improve the program is to improve the facilities (specifically an indoor practice field). He knows that BC will never have the best facilities in the ACC, but that they should at least be good. He wasn't complaining, but just said it as a matter of fact. According to him there has been a gigantic movement in the past decade to improve athletic facilities and that BC will eventually take part in it.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:30 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:Adazzio spoke at an event in NYC last night; he said that they haven't been able to use the bubble 13 of the last 17 days. .

Did he say why?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC96 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 pm

The weather made it unsafe.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm

anything else from the dinner?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC96 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:anything else from the dinner?

He said we had a great recruiting class, but he's never heard a coach say they're disappointed.

He mentioned that Borgesen is already the fasted guy on the team and is very excited about Ray Smith and Wyatt Ray.

Obviously doesn't care about rankings because a lot of the guys committ early and don't play the recruiting game. He also said kids in the northeast are usually rated lower anyway. His plan for recruiting is to build a relationship with the kid. He said, generally, if a kid is down to schools like FSU or South Carolina, then they've targeted the wrong kid; our peer recruiting schools are Stanford, Northwestern and Duke. They're focusing on the 4-5 hour radius and the private and Catholic Schools. He was excited about gaining a presence in California.

He said that Brian White started to get emotional during his first talk to the team; he had grown up going to BC games apparently.

He knows and trusts Fitch. Daz is an offensive coach and he's not going to change the offense. He did say they would throw more with these qbs (specifically mentioned Wade and Flutie) and the increased athleticism of the WRs.

That's all I remember now; I'll post more if I recall anything else. There wasn't much time for questions and he left immediately after his talk.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:38 pm

what if we filled in the res // put an indoor facility on a barge in the res?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Did Logitano ask how close he was to leaving for Michigan and Florida?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:57 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:

He said we had a great recruiting class, but he's never heard a coach say they're disappointed.

He mentioned that Borgesen is already the fasted guy on the team and is very excited about Ray Smith and Wyatt Ray.

Obviously doesn't care about rankings because a lot of the guys committ early and don't play the recruiting game. He also said kids in the northeast are usually rated lower anyway. His plan for recruiting is to build a relationship with the kid. He said, generally, if a kid is down to schools like FSU or South Carolina, then they've targeted the wrong kid; our peer recruiting schools are Stanford, Northwestern and Duke. They're focusing on the 4-5 hour radius and the private and Catholic Schools. He was excited about gaining a presence in California.

He said that Brian White started to get emotional during his first talk to the team; he had grown up going to BC games apparently.

He knows and trusts Fitch. Daz is an offensive coach and he's not going to change the offense. He did say they would throw more with these qbs (specifically mentioned Wade and Flutie) and the increased athleticism of the WRs.

That's all I remember now; I'll post more if I recall anything else. There wasn't much time for questions and he left immediately after his talk.

Thanks! A poster on TOS said he mentioned Zack Allen, Phillips as well.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:40 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:He did say they would throw more with these qbs (specifically mentioned Wade and Flutie)

I imagine there were some pretty solid Whalepants boners at this point.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 pm

If Borgerson is legit faster than Alston, that's a good thing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

BC96 {l Wrote}:

He also mentioned Chris Garrison as a guy he was really excited about, which surprised me since I hadn't even heard of him prior to that.

DAZ also alluded to BC changing the rules for the Bubble being a reason why he couldn't use it. he said something to the effect of "i don't even know when we can go in there anymore." we gotta build this guy an indoor practice facility.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:47 am

BC96 {l Wrote}:

thanks for this

daz is really high on wyatt ray. watched the signing day presser, both brown & daz said they need to start getting home w 4 rushers and not need to send 5, 6, etc to get pressure and they think the combo of allen & ray really start to address that.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC96 {l Wrote}:

thanks for this

daz is really high on wyatt ray. watched the signing day presser, both brown & daz said they need to start getting home w 4 rushers and not need to send 5, 6, etc to get pressure and they think the combo of allen & ray really start to address that.

Both Daz and Brown stressing the 4 man rush was also the most reassuring part of signing day for me. Gives me hope that we haven't yet seen what the final Don Brown defense will look like and maybe he has more in the bag of tricks than sending the house while the corners are playing bad man coverage or a cushion.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:35 am

Having a truly elite pass rushing DE for the first time since 2005 (the games Albright was able to play withstanding) would be awesome, having bookend pass rushers and an OLB or two that can get after the QB is something I've never seen as a BC football fan.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Having a truly elite pass rushing DE for the first time since 2005 (the games Albright was able to play withstanding) would be awesome, having bookend pass rushers and an OLB or two that can get after the QB is something I've never seen as a BC football fan.

Ray was a huge signing and lining him up opposite Landry could be special. They are still going to blitz, they just don't want to have to.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Having a truly elite pass rushing DE for the first time since 2005 (the games Albright was able to play withstanding) would be awesome, having bookend pass rushers and an OLB or two that can get after the QB is something I've never seen as a BC football fan.

Ray was a huge signing and lining him up opposite Landry could be special. They are still going to blitz, they just don't want to have to.

I think Allen is a pretty interesting signing also.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think Allen is a pretty interesting signing also.

Agreed, but isn't he slotted for the inside?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:06 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:...eager to see how Landry grows this off season

est
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC96 {l Wrote}:

thanks for this

Couple other takeaways from the event:

1.) That terrible bowl game had me pissed, but Daz's speech again had me ready to run through a brick wall. The guy spoke forever and was hilarious. His main quote was from an MMA fighter. I also came away thinking he's not going anywhere. He is very passionate about BC, and unless the Dude is one of the greatest talkers out there, he will be here for a while. He continued to reiterate his belief that we can and will be competing for championships soon and drew comparisons to Stanford multiple times. I cannot imagine being a recruit and not loving this coach. His speeches on family, faith, team and effort are great. The Dude's legit.

2.) He BARELY mentioned Leahy and Bates, while praising Fr. Jack Butler quite a bit. Just struck me as a bit of a push for Butler to the big money alums if/when Leahy ever steps away.

3.) Last year when I heard him speak and also when I talked to him directly, he mentioned facilities but was very tame in pushing it aggressively. This time, he mentioned it quite a bit and left no doubt he is pushing hard for the indoor practice facility. Quite honestly, he seems frustrated at the lack of progress on this front. As mentioned by someone else, he knows we are not in an arms race with the FSU/Oregon teams of the country, but he did point to maintaining pace with Syracuse and Wake Forest.

4.) Daz mentioned that this incoming class of OL is one of the best he has ever been seen, and as he pointed out, as a former-OL coach he knows what he's talking about more than the recruiting sites. He is pumped about the OL, DE and speed brought in with this recruiting class.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Every.Single.Thread
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium