top 5 most memorable plays in BC football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: top 5 most memorable plays in BC football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:30 am

Flutie did it!
And Lane Stadium goes Silent.
David Gordon's Kick is GOOD!
Regis Philbin bitching about BC on his morning show
William Green being Superman vs Notre Dame in 2001
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
McDeere's Bombardier {l Wrote}:A lot of great (and not so great) memories here.

I'll add Larry Anam's tackle against Maryland (2006?) causing the fumble that Jo Lonn scooped and scored on.

Didn't Dunbar score the first two TDs in that game? On like the first two plays?

Yeah. Can't remember exactly how it went but I want to say he got a pick-6 on the very first play from scrimmage, Maryland got the ball back and got stuffed twice, then on third down Scary Larry blew up the ball carrier and Dunbar recovered the fumble and ran it in. Either way the score was Dunbar 14, Maryland 0 before BC even had an offensive possession. That was also the last home game of the :toby era which was marked by me wearing a BC hockey jersey with "FIRE TOB" written on the back in duct tape.

Didn't we take a 14-0 lead in the next game as well?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BC96 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Didn't we take a 14-0 lead in the next game as well?

Luckily, the coaches stuck with the gameplan that got them that lead.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Top 5 in no particular order--low expectations division:

Clint Kubiyama fumbles a 1st quarter punt at the BC 2 yard line against Rutgers leading to a loss in the 1991 opener and Tom Coughlin's BC debut.
Foley airmails tying TD pass over a wide open Mark Chmura's head as BC loses 28-21 to Ped State in 1991.
Shanked FG at end of WVU game in 1992 in Morgantoilet results in horrific 28-28 loss.
Shanked FG against Northwestern in 1993 results in loss and in reality cost BC a shot to be in the national title discussion (before David Green takes a sledgehammer to those hopes against WVU). On the plus side, it also probably caused ND to take us lightly and allowed us to jump out to a big enough lead that Gordon could knuckleball it through the uprights for the come from behind win (after Pete Bercich dropped a horrible pass that Foley threw right into his chest on the closing drive).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Top 5 in no particular order--low expectations division:

Clint Kubiyama fumbles a 1st quarter punt at the BC 2 yard line against Rutgers leading to a loss in the 1991 opener and Tom Coughlin's BC debut.
Foley airmails tying TD pass over a wide open Mark Chmura's head as BC loses 28-21 to Ped State in 1991.
Shanked FG at end of WVU game in 1992 in Morgantoilet results in horrific 28-28 loss.
Shanked FG against Northwestern in 1993 results in loss and in reality cost BC a shot to be in the national title discussion (before David Green takes a sledgehammer to those hopes against WVU). On the plus side, it also probably caused ND to take us lightly and allowed us to jump out to a big enough lead that Gordon could knuckleball it through the uprights for the come from behind win (after Pete Bercich dropped a horrible pass that Foley threw right into his chest on the closing drive).

Shanking the 25 yd FG off the uprights against Duke was an instant classic.
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby Mosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Top 5 in no particular order--low expectations division:

i was listening to the NW game in the parking lot of the Barker Tavern....it was only my sisters wedding...when that was missed i think that people on 3rd cliff could hear me scream FUCK
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am

I was sitting in Runyon's in the midst of a reunion of some of Frank Maguire's players from South Carolina. They were great guys--most of them products of NYC Catholic High Schools--and they adopted BC for the game. When Gordon kicked the "game winner" sideways into the Northwestern Band, one of the guys, who everyone called "The Fat Hammer" took a bottle of beer and kicked it into the middle of 2nd or 3rd Avenue (can't remember which street the old Runyon's was on) and screamed "I could have made that fucking kick!" As he seemed to be taking the loss much harder than I was, I calmed down and we all resumed drinking.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Mosi {l Wrote}:

i was listening to the NW game in the parking lot of the Barker Tavern....it was only my sisters wedding...when that was missed i think that people on 3rd cliff could hear me scream FUCK

I was at that game. It blew donkey penis.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BC96 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I was sitting in Runyon's in the midst of a reunion of some of Frank Maguire's players from South Carolina. They were great guys--most of them products of NYC Catholic High Schools--and they adopted BC for the game. When Gordon kicked the "game winner" sideways into the Northwestern Band, one of the guys, who everyone called "The Fat Hammer" took a bottle of beer and kicked it into the middle of 2nd or 3rd Avenue (can't remember which street the old Runyon's was on) and screamed "I could have made that fucking kick!" As he seemed to be taking the loss much harder than I was, I calmed down and we all resumed drinking.

I was watching the game in Walsh Dining Hall enjoying some chicken patties. The chicken patties were by far the best part of that afternoon.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:

I guess you would be the expert, mrs s
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:

I guess you would be the expert, mrs s

No comment
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium