2014 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread

Postby UK Eagle on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Offered dual threat QB Alin Edouard from Fl.
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:Offered dual threat QB Alin Edouard from Fl.

That was awhile ago, he has since committed to Miami
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:Offered dual threat QB Alin Edouard from Fl.

That was awhile ago, he has since committed to Miami

The recruiting guy strikes!
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm

24, where does Wolford stand with this staff. Do they view him as a pocket guy who won't fit their system and won't warrant an offer at all or could he see one as others start inevitably commiting elsewhere. I think EA lists him as a pocket guy but his size/tape suggest he's more than a pure pocket passer in my opinion.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Wolford is definitely a pass first guy but he can move he isn't a burner like Ulmer but he's got I'd say 4.65-4.70 speed which is just fine. He's planning on getting up here in the spring so I'd assume they probably just want to see him in person first as I think the biggest question mark for most schools is probably his size. If he does make that trip I think you'll see how they feel then. Although I also question if they would take a QB before Ulmer commits. There telling him he's the #1 guy and I doubt they want to scare him away with the legitimate shot they have. Will be interesting to see how everything falls.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:30 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Wolford is definitely a pass first guy but he can move he isn't a burner like Ulmer but he's got I'd say 4.65-4.70 speed which is just fine. He's planning on getting up here in the spring so I'd assume they probably just want to see him in person first as I think the biggest question mark for most schools is probably his size. If he does make that trip I think you'll see how they feel then. Although I also question if they would take a QB before Ulmer commits. There telling him he's the #1 guy and I doubt they want to scare him away with the legitimate shot they have. Will be interesting to see how everything falls.

I'm curious about this too. I don't know if this is still true but at one point Ulmer was quoted talking about taking all his officials. That would make this an even harder spot to wait as most other QBs tend to commit over the summer. Even though BC just took 2 QBs I'd like to see them take 2 more in this class to make sure we get a competent guy once Rettig is gone. Hopefully Ulmer is confident enough to not be threatened by a second QB (and this is of course taking the huge leap that he'd want to come here, which I will believe when I see). I guess one benefit of switching to dual threat QBs is they certainly have the ability to switch to another position.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

That's the thing I think he's going to go through the process but I don't think us or UMD is falling out. They put themselves if a tough spot if they wait and he doesn't pick us. That's why I'd take a guy like McSorley who is a QB but you could bring him in as an athlete he will be a heckuva Safety if QB doesn't work.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:That's the thing I think he's going to go through the process but I don't think us or UMD is falling out. They put themselves if a tough spot if they wait and he doesn't pick us. That's why I'd take a guy like McSorley who is a QB but you could bring him in as an athlete he will be a heckuva Safety if QB doesn't work.

I know they havent' offered yet and know nothing about him, but I was wondering whether Miles Wright might be a second QB offer type.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:That's the thing I think he's going to go through the process but I don't think us or UMD is falling out. They put themselves if a tough spot if they wait and he doesn't pick us. That's why I'd take a guy like McSorley who is a QB but you could bring him in as an athlete he will be a heckuva Safety if QB doesn't work.

I know they havent' offered yet and know nothing about him, but I was wondering whether Miles Wright might be a second QB offer type.

I think like McSorley, Wright is the kind of guy they could bring in as an athlete and see what happens. He has really good size (6'4, 200ish) and is a good 2 sport (fb/bb) athlete. Someone of that size/athleticism has the ability to play alot of diff positions if QB didnt work out in the longrun (Safety, hybrid LB, WR)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Absolutely and I think they'll wait on that one and see how things shake out. He's a guy that likes BC a lot and I think the staff knows they can wait.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I think like McSorley, Wright is the kind of guy they could bring in as an athlete and see what happens. He has really good size (6'4, 200ish) and is a good 2 sport (fb/bb) athlete. Someone of that size/athleticism has the ability to play alot of diff positions if QB didnt work out in the longrun (Safety, hybrid LB, WR)

Isn't McSorley sort of a big recruit in his own right (Va Tech, UNC)? I realize that ideally you get Ulmer and another best available QB, but in reality I'd think if he (Ulmer) is a real possibility then you have to be careful with competition/ego etc. and that's why I'd think maybe a local kid thats more of a flier would be a good second option although again other than him being a local kid with no other major offers I know nothing about him.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:06 pm

McSorley just picked up the UNC and VT offers so no surprise that the interest is turning into offers he's an athlete. I mean Wright would probably go over better with Ulmer so it would make sense he's a high upside kid too.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 am

Good work 24, on this thread. Also, it looks like the highly rated OL Baker from Mass is really high on Daz and the Eagles. There's a chance that he could commit in the near future.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Bryce Lewis a 2014 DB from Parkview High in Lilburn,GA currently holds three offers from Vandy, Georgia State, & Boston College
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Marcus outlow on board. 1st of 2014
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Heard there is another good recruit visiting this weekend with the possibility of committing. Anybody know who that could be?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Heard there is another good recruit visiting this weekend with the possibility of committing. Anybody know who that could be?

Jon Baker, OL from Mass
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Heard there is another good recruit visiting this weekend with the possibility of committing. Anybody know who that could be?

Jon Baker, he will most likely commit soon
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby fs33 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Baker would be an awesome get as well. As much as the Dazzler deserves his coffee, if he commits, the former staff should get some credit as well.

From an ESPN article last fall.

“BC has shown the most interest,” Olmstead said. “Coach [Sean] Devine is pretty thorough. They want to make him their center. They want to make him their poster child because he's a 4.0 student interested in pre-med.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-sch ... llis-baker
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Marcus outlow on board. 1st of 2014

Excellent get by The Dazzler. Definitely has an offer from The Ohio State U. According to an article from a UConn source on TOS, he also has offers from Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and others ................If even remotely true: Dazoo = WAY> Spazoo!
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 am

Outlow is an excellent commit. I also thought it was pretty cool that several members of our 2013 class congratulated Outlow when he made his decision public. Hopefully Addazio can keep it up!

Overall, today was an excellent day in BC sports.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:Bryce Lewis a 2014 DB from Parkview High in Lilburn,GA currently holds three offers from Vandy, Georgia State, & Boston College

Is it bad that if he was an offensive player and being recruited by Jags I'd be almost as happy seeing him pick Georgia State?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 pm

While today is a very good day for BC football recruiting (and a huge sigh of relief for many) I finally took a look at the offers list and am very disappointed at the lack of offers out to OH kids. We have made such great inroads and had such success there--especially St ignatius--that I cannot believe a coaching change could account for the difference...but maybe I am wrong.

Is the talent just down this year? Did we lose our "in" when the staff turned over??? Anyone have any insight?

edit: Also surprised with the lack of OL offers. With none taken this past season I would assume it would be a point of emphasis early on.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:While today is a very good day for BC football recruiting (and a huge sigh of relief for many) I finally took a look at the offers list and am very disappointed at the lack of offers out to OH kids. We have made such great inroads and had such success there--especially St ignatius--that I cannot believe a coaching change could account for the difference...but maybe I am wrong.

Is the talent just down this year? Did we lose our "in" when the staff turned over??? Anyone have any insight?

edit: Also surprised with the lack of OL offers. With none taken this past season I would assume it would be a point of emphasis early on.

I think we offered Kyle Berger from St. Ignatius, for whatever that is worth.

Also the recruit who is purportedly the most likely next commit is an OL, that Baker guy from MA.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

No complaints on that first commit. Guy is pretty legit and a great start to 2014. Baker would be big too. Landing some of these highly rated guys in NE would be a great step in the right direction.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:While today is a very good day for BC football recruiting (and a huge sigh of relief for many) I finally took a look at the offers list and am very disappointed at the lack of offers out to OH kids. We have made such great inroads and had such success there--especially St ignatius--that I cannot believe a coaching change could account for the difference...but maybe I am wrong.

Also the recruit who is purportedly the most likely next commit is an OL, that Baker guy from MA.

5 OH offers, 10 OL offers.

Slim on both counts.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Slim on both counts.

Like you, I don't like the OH thing at all, I don't really know who is the OH recruiter, I think it is Fitch maybe? If so he has been down in FL a ton lately so maybe it is just a matter of him doing a circuit through FL and then on to OH? I will not fret the few OL offers if we have one of a likely 3-4 total shortly and I do think QB and RB should probably be priorites 1 and 1A.

Also what are you using to count offers? bceagle24s list has like a million, but I don't think they are all actually offers and Rivals seems to have 8 or 9 if you count Beh but they have him listed as DE.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Slim on both counts.

Like you, I don't like the OH thing at all, I don't really know who is the OH recruiter, I think it is Fitch maybe? If so he has been down in FL a ton lately so maybe it is just a matter of him doing a circuit through FL and then on to OH? I will not fret the few OL offers if we have one of a likely 3-4 total shortly and I do think QB and RB should probably be priorites 1 and 1A.

Also what are you using to count offers? bceagle24s list has like a million, but I don't think they are all actually offers and Rivals seems to have 8 or 9 if you count Beh but they have him listed as DE.

I was using Rivals.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 am

BC leads for Thaddius Smith. Rated at a 4 star on 247. Number 1 player in PA
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

No way this actual gets written with Spaz as HC. A nice change hearing we're trying to lock up local recruits early.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/22526/recruiting-notes-baker-gets-first-b1g-offer
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium