What did we learn on Saturday?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What did we learn on Saturday?

Postby BCWest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 am

This is my initial post on the new board. Glad to see the gang is all here.

The feedback i got from the inside is Shinskie is the man. They want him to step up and take the job. They believe he is the best QB but he has to prove it.

Next, Northeastern could not beat a lot of high school teams. They are putrid. So it seems the game answered very few of the open questions about this BC team. The good news is nothing bad happened. Given the high school level competition, BC looked dominating, which they should have. No one got hurt. Everyone got some PT.

The schedule this year is a blessing. Having this "scrimmage" was great. The team got to beat on someone other than their fellow Eagles. The new offense got some reps. All the new players got in. But it was nothing more than a glorified practice. Kent State is a big step up (anyone following Northeastern would be) but Kent State is still a totally beatable team. BC needed a schedule like this to start the season.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Re: What did we learn on Saturday?

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 am

BCWest {l Wrote}:
The feedback i got from the inside is Shinskie is the man. They want him to step up and take the job. They believe he is the best QB but he has to prove it.

This is so Porter-esque. They've decided he should succeed before he actually has. There's a big difference, though, in that Tuggle isn't outshining him behind him like Ryan was.

Still, it's frustrating. Shinskie's got some good traits and if viewed as a true freshman, he looks pretty good. However, he's got weaknesses where Tuggle doesn't right now. I'd advocate playing both for the whole season if need be. They are both going to look different against Clemson though.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:19 am

BCWest {l Wrote}:This is my initial post on the new board. Glad to see the gang is all here.

Next, Northeastern could not beat a lot of high school teams. They are putrid. So it seems the game answered very few of the open questions about this BC team. The good news is nothing bad happened. Given the high school level competition, BC looked dominating, which they should have. No one got hurt. Everyone got some PT.

The schedule this year is a blessing. Having this "scrimmage" was great. The team got to beat on someone other than their fellow Eagles. The new offense got some reps. All the new players got in. But it was nothing more than a glorified practice. Kent State is a big step up (anyone following Northeastern would be) but Kent State is still a totally beatable team. BC needed a schedule like this to start the season.

Boy Amen.

Good to see you back and here!

These first 2 scrimmages were a God Send for Spaz and GT.

If Shinskie does step up and we beat Clemson and beat Riley Skinner's snake dick to death....

Then BC will be ready for the next 8.

I said it before, I think this years defense will be the best ever because of the new speed, DB's and DL rotation.

The offense has the most skilled weapons and speed in BC history and the OL has depth and talent and I love our TE's.

If Shinskie or if Tuggle can play like they did versus a putrid high school team in Northeastern in the last 10,

Then there is not one team we can't beat.

FSU's defense was porous.
VT's defense was tested.
Clemson --if BC can control the ball they will wear out since they are thin at line.

The rest, BC has to play very solid and well.

Notre Dame is the real deal and just as good as VT with TTaylor.

I hate losing any game.

I would love to be undefeated at ND (them too) since I think USC is vunerable.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:teh clemson still frightens me, but i can't really explain why

The Clemson in general or just early-season The Clemson?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:46 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:teh clemson still frightens me, but i can't really explain why

The Clemson in general or just early-season The Clemson?

teh clemson in general...

The Clemson scares me b/c I am afraid of a special teams meltdown....if Spiller or Ford hits a hole - they are gone and no one is going to catch them...
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how many points is the hubby give you dee?

Straight up. :ginger
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:07 pm

I think the view that the ACC had an awful weekend and that BC's schedule looks easier is overblown.

Maryland was playing on the West Coast, and Jahvid Best could be a Heisman candidate. Also, Kevin Riley has settled down. Now MD still has problems on both lines, but they will continue to be Jeckyll and Hyde.

Wake lost to a vastly improved Baylor team. Robert Griffin is very good, and the defense did overall a good job of containing him. If Wake showed up for the first half and Skinner doesn't throw those picks (the last one wasn't even his fault), they win that game.

FSU has a real QB in Ponder.

We knew that UVA sucked. VaTech is the same as last year. We don't know anything yet about UNC or Clemson.

The opponents I feel significantly better about after Week 1 are Cent. Michigan and NC State. This LeFeouver kid can't do anything against real defenses. Russell Wilson is already thinking about protecting his baseball career, and he's all they got.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby GuinnessEagle on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:This is my initial post on the new board. Glad to see the gang is all here.

I also got the impression that Shinskie will be the annointed one and has to eff it up entirely to lose it. I would have liked to see Tuggle with a few more attempts.

Tuggle: More of a game manager, obviously it is nice to have his mobility in the backfield.
Shinskie: Greater risk and reward given the arm strength but tendency to telegraph.

With our running game likely to be successful, I myself would rather have Tuggle.
GuinnessEagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 pm

One thing I took from this game is that Shinskie is not yet the man.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can one of you yellownames add a signature for teddy that says something along the lines of "shinskie is not able"

it would save him a whole lot of typing

Oh, I think he is able. For a freshman with a big arm that thinks he only has one receiver in the pattern.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm

He's already better than Crane. Shinskie is relatively accurate, crane used to bounce throws and lead receivers to their deaths.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 pm

I want the staff to redshirt Shinskie so he can still be playing when he's 30. :ignign
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I want the staff to redshirt Shinskie so he can still be playing when he's 30. :ignign

Winner.

I think I hold the record of 39 consecutive redshirts.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium