Football Townhall with Bates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Football Townhall with Bates

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sounds like march 7th is when we learn the name of the next figurehead oc.

I'm also assuming we will hear how awesome a partner Under Armour has been and how incredibly boring (yet not plain enough to be retro) unis are being selling points to recruits. I believe that contract is entering its last 12-months which usually means some sort of change or re-upping is in order.

Nike, Nike or Nike. Maybe Adidas or see if Puma wants to get in on the football uniform game. They might come up with something cool. New Balance is local, but don't think they get involved in football uniforms either.

new balance doesn't have a history of doing uniforms. they handle hockey and lax through their warrior division. just last week they announced they were going to transition the soccer unis from warrior to a new balance name.

i don't see them (new balance or warrior) expanding to american football anytime soon

Personally, I have no problem with Under Armour and prefer them to Nike. If they switched to Nike, I dont think I would care, but I personally like UA as a brand and like what they have done for BC for the most part. ADIDAS is a steaming pile of sh*t so I would say HARD PASS on them.

FWIW, New Balance used to do Central Michigans uniforms

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 am

Nike is local now too. They own Converse, which is building a sweet HQ in downtown Boston in the decrepit warehouse next to the Garden. It's going to be nice in that area now - last vestiges of seedy Boston gone - is the Penalty Box even there anymore?

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:02 pm

nothing is going to come out of this

"were working on the best way for as many people as possible to access shea field"
"were working with the city of boston on tailgating times"
"were looking into a lacrosse program"
"were looking into filling the corners"

the only good thing would be if greenarthur asked if we were considering hiring spaz for OC
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Don't forget student development!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:06 pm

i personally find this whole shea issue comical as its solely an issue because the department made it one

also, if bates cant get something done with the current boston / newton administration, hes never going to get something done
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Nike is local now too. They own Converse, which is building a sweet HQ in downtown Boston in the decrepit warehouse next to the Garden. It's going to be nice in that area now - last vestiges of seedy Boston gone - is the Penalty Box even there anymore?

Looks like the Penalty Box is closed according to Yelp. Wasn't it only open when the Bruins were playing?

Sullivan's Tap is probably your best bet for a Garden-area dive bar. I'm sure it'll get the Cask n' Flagon treatment sometime soon and be unrecognizable. Thanks Obama/Bates.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Ask Bates why his first act as AD was to throw Stephanie McCaffrey under the bus and kowtow to the Pedo State knuckledraggers. #NeverForget :bag
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:09 pm

I would go but I'm supposed to be blowing Bruce Jenner that day.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:10 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I would go but I'm supposed to be blowing Bruce Jenner that day.

try not to let him kill anyone this time, roadhead
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Ask Bates why his first act as AD was to throw Stephanie McCaffrey under the bus and kowtow to the Pedo State knuckledraggers. #NeverForget :bag

Probably because Bates is also a Pats fan.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:40 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Ask Bates why his first act as AD was to throw Stephanie McCaffrey under the bus and kowtow to the Pedo State knuckledraggers. #NeverForget :bag

:whammy
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:44 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

:whammy

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 pm

It's my understanding that the main focus of the Town Hall is to discuss filling in the corners! I willing to settle for getting the lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff and the end of DBS!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's my understanding that the main focus of the Town Hall is to discuss filling in the corners! I willing to settle for getting the lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff and the end of DBS!

please don't break the fourth wall
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Is there a percentage chance other than zero, that we get some legitimate questions answered, ie, a football only complex, is BC planning to play in Ireland, basketball attendance, future of non revenue sports... Or are we going to be passed off to "we will have information on that we we release our master plan" nonsense. Addazio should pay someone $100 to lean on Bates during this event and to come over the top of him when he starts deflecting.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:58 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Is there a percentage chance other than zero, that we get some legitimate questions answered, ie, a football only complex, is BC planning to play in Ireland, basketball attendance, future of non revenue sports... Or are we going to be passed off to "we will have information on that we we release our master plan" nonsense. Addazio should pay someone $100 to lean on Bates during this event and to come over the top of him when he starts deflecting.

I'll do it for $50. I can be bought
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:44 pm

There is some quality snark in this thread.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Nike is local now too. They own Converse, which is building a sweet HQ in downtown Boston in the decrepit warehouse next to the Garden. It's going to be nice in that area now - last vestiges of seedy Boston gone - is the Penalty Box even there anymore?

Looks like the Penalty Box is closed according to Yelp. Wasn't it only open when the Bruins were playing?

Sullivan's Tap is probably your best bet for a Garden-area dive bar. I'm sure it'll get the Cask n' Flagon treatment sometime soon and be unrecognizable. Thanks Obama/Bates.

The Penalty Box is something else now that's basically the same as all of the other bars/restaurants around the area save for Sullivan's Tap. Went in there sometime in January and found it incredibly non-descript.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

The Penalty Box is something else now that's basically the same as all of the other bars/restaurants around the area save for Sullivan's Tap. Went in there sometime in January and found it incredibly non-descript.

Lame. But a brief scan of the Yelp reviews for Sullivan's shows people complaining about surly bartenders, so at least the Tap is going strong.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Summary of this year's town hall:

Whale pants hate 'heavy metal and rap music' abs it's too loud. Then the ref is too quiet.

They love their game day programs and wish they could buy one every ten feet.

Someone suggested moving a home game every year to Gillette. Bates thought that was a bad idea since we don't sell out Alumni yet.

OOC ACC games against Costal teams are absolutely in play.

The students have been lame this year.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Summary of this year's town hall:

Whale pants hate 'heavy metal and rap music' abs it's too loud. Then the ref is too quiet.

Someone suggested moving a home game every year to Gillette. Bates thought that was a bad idea since we don't sell out Alumni yet.

Perhaps I am already whalepants at age 36, but the music at Conte is definitely too loud. Unnecessary.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:27 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Did the master say this? That's glorious.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:34 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Summary of this year's town hall:

Did you complain about them playing Centuries?

The music is fine at Alumni. The whalepants crowd is brutal
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think it depends where you sit. For me, I have no problems at Alumni. But if you're right under the speakers, it could be bad or so I've heard.

This is true for Gilette as well. I went to the BC-UMass game and sat in those red seats that are always empty during Pats games. The speakers were right above us and it ruined the experience. Loudest shit I've ever heard and I had to plug my ears with napkins. Two young girls in front of us covered their ears with their hands several times throughout the game. Loud is loud, regardless of age, and if you're near the speakers, you're fucked.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think it depends where you sit. For me, I have no problems at Alumni. But if you're right under the speakers, it could be bad or so I've heard.

This is true for Gilette as well. I went to the BC-UMass game and sat in those red seats that are always empty during Pats games. The speakers were right above us and it ruined the experience. Loudest shit I've ever heard and I had to plug my ears with napkins. Two young girls in front of us covered their ears with their hands several times throughout the game. Loud is loud, regardless of age, and if you're near the speakers, you're fucked.

:whalepants
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:26 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Sadly no, it was the consensus of the whalepants that the students were worse this year than usual.

The whalepants want the seat cushions extended beyond the DBS seats (and they think the DBS ruined the attendance and should be dumped - especially if the tax break might be going away).
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:18 pm

There was a lot of talk about bobbleheads and doing away with TV timeouts. However, there was no discussion about being treated like criminals by the police at football games, a real sign of progress. Beer and wine might be served in the stadium because it leads to less binge drinking.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Sadly no, it was the consensus of the whalepants that the students were worse this year than usual.

The whalepants want the seat cushions extended beyond the DBS seats (and they think the DBS ruined the attendance and should be dumped - especially if the tax break might be going away).

I hadnt heard about this yet. Can you please expand on it?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I hadnt heard about this yet. Can you please expand on it?

Here's an article about Obama's plan:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ama-budget

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:There was a lot of talk about bobbleheads and doing away with TV timeouts

A minion went and grabbed a bobble head for the kid so by the last round of questions, the little boy had a bobble head in hand. The father was all smiles when he left.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium