Football Townhall with Bates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Football Townhall with Bates

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:that picture of frank and the bradster is straight out of a rom-com poster. straight up "are they going to kiss or not" type teaser device

SPOILER ALERT

They totally kissed.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:that picture of frank and the bradster is straight out of a rom-com poster. straight up "are they going to kiss or not" type teaser device

SPOILER ALERT

They totally kissed.

rumor has it that it was totally awkward and not believable
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 pm

"One of the most exciting things to me is when you're driving into a stadium and you see the fan base and alumni and tailgating"- Addazio

"What I want to do here with this football program is build a program that you're proud of" - Addazio
"I want you guys to feel like you can watch practice. I want you guys to feel like you can be part of the program." - Addazio
Addazio said he won't be standing on the sidelines "like this"...and then folded his arms and did his best angry Spaz impression
"I'm kind of disappointed. No superfan shirts in here?" - Addazio
Spring game is April 20th
Addazio is reading a poem called "The Oak Tree" now
"It's my job as a head football coach to be the No. 1 recruiter for this football program." Addazio says his goal is to have top ACC class
Addazio says he wants "more exciting" offensive players and wants to attack more on defense
Oh, here's the men's lacrosse question:
"The quicker answer will be answered in about two months when we're done with our strategic plan" - Bates on men's lax
Kind of a round about answers on men's lax. Implied everything is being looked into, but doesn't sound like its being looked into seriously
"I told Brad Bates that I think BC is a sleeping giant" - Addazio
Bates gives the same answer about the strategic plan when asked about indoor practice facility. Sounds like we'll know more in 2 months

Did you guys know that Luke Kuechly and Matt Ryan weren't highly rated recruits? Got another reminder just now
"We have got to create a waiting list for Conte Forum and Alumni Stadium" - Bates says it's ambitious but that is the goal for ticketing

It sounds like fixing ticketing and getting students to the games through rewards and other things is a serious goal for Bates

More parking spaces will be offered. Goal is that every season ticket holder can walk to stadium from spot.

Addazio says goal in non-conference scheduling should be one national opponent, a regional opponent, and "an opportunity for development"
"Does that mean you're going to start recruiting New Mexico?" - student in response to Bates saying scheduling and recruiting go together
"We're going to get back to 7 home games" - Bates

Bates' response to New Mexico question was saying it was best of 3 options when he got here
Bates says BC is planning a lot of events and activities leading up to USC game for West Coast alumns and to get people to fly out there.

Confirmation from Bates that Nova is on Saturday, not Friday

"If we give you those seats we need you to show up bc we are going to do some things that put you right on top of the court" Bates on MBB

Bates made it clear the goal is to change student seating at men's basketball for next season. Plans aren't set yet though.

"I really don't like the 2 quarterback system, but I do like dual-threat quarterbacks" - Addazio. Says right now he's maximizing what BC has

Addazio says he will not call the plays because he doesn't believe the HC can manage the game and call plays, but says he will be involved

"I will not call the plays on either side" - Addazio. Says its his job to say to go for it on fourth down or not, but not the play
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Screw lacrosse... has anyone ever asked Master Bates why the eff BC doesn't have a Hurling team???? Gaelic Football is great and all, but you don't have an adequate gaelic sports program unless you also have Hurling.
http://ncgaa.org/

BC does have a hurling team

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/svp/st_org/irishsociety/sport.html
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Hurling is awesome and incredibly fun to watch even if you don't know the rules to the game. Which I don't.

Three points for under the bar, one point for under the bar.

Galway was in the Finals last year (Go Tribesmen!) against...Kilarney (?) and I was watching it live at the Thomand Bar in Cork City, where I was working at the time. As time was running out, one of the guy's from Galway hits this really long shot to tie the match. People start going nuts. The announcer starts talking about "Now, on to the replay!"

I thought to myself "Hmm, "replay"...that's a funny word to describe overtime."

Nope, no overtime. When the match ends in a tie....they re-play the entire match a few weeks later!

At the time, they didn't even know when the match would be played. It took them a few days to figure out the schedule.

It is only a one-game championship so imagine in the SuperBowl ended in a tie and instead of going to overtime they played another whole game weeks later.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Hurling is awesome and incredibly fun to watch even if you don't know the rules to the game. Which I don't.

Galway was in the Finals last year (Go Tribesmen!) against...Kilarney (?) and I was watching it live at the Thomand Bar in Cork City, where I was working at the time. As time was running out, one of the guy's from Galway hits this really long shot to tie the match. People start going nuts. The announcer starts talking about "Now, on to the replay!"

Nope, no overtime. When the match ends in a tie....they re-play the entire match a few weeks later!

At the time, they didn't even know when the match would be played. It took them a few days to figure out the schedule.

It is only a one-game championship so imagine in the SuperBowl ended in a tie and instead of going to overtime they played another whole game weeks later.

When I was a kid, I was forced to go to a lot of Irish cultural festivals to support my sister in her step-dancing competitions. It was at one of these festivals that I was introduced to hurling. I saw a guy take a ball to the mouth and he started gushing blood. I had finally found something worth watching at those damn festivals.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:42 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:

They used to do the same thing in soccer. The FA Cup Final for instance, which was pretty much the biggest one-off sporting event in the UK for a long time (really until all the Champions League TV money started pouring in and the Cup became devalued), would be replayed in its entirety if it ended in a draw.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:

When I was a kid, I was forced to go to a lot of Irish cultural festivals to support my sister in her step-dancing competitions. It was at one of these festivals that I was introduced to hurling. I saw a guy take a ball to the mouth and he started gushing blood. I had finally found something worth watching at those damn festivals.

[img]pictureofbaitedfishhook[/img]
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 am

I son't think Dr. Lou Jack is fishing. I think he has admitted to being a unabashed whalepants and closet ND fan.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:

Have another potato, Seamus.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:

Have another potato, Seamus.

maybe his board occupation needs to change from ballwasher to potato washer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 am

ATL posted that Dazzler mocked Spaz's body language at the event, and the comments have a bunch of :whalepants objecting that Daz isn't "classy" and doesn't get the "BC way." Can these people just shut the fuck up already.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:ATL posted that Dazzler mocked Spaz's body language at the event, and the comments have a bunch of :whalepants objecting that Daz isn't "classy" and doesn't get the "BC way." Can these people just shut the fuck up already.

people knit in the stands.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:ATL posted that Dazzler mocked Spaz's body language at the event, and the comments have a bunch of :whalepants objecting that Daz isn't "classy" and doesn't get the "BC way." Can these people just shut the fuck up already.

If this is true, then A) I gained a little more respect for the Dazzler, and B) Whalepants suck donkey balls. Everything about the Spaz era should be mocked and used as a guideline of what not to do with the football program. If Daz recognizes that, then Kudos to him.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

seriously?!?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

seriously?!?

you've never seen this?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

If this is true, then A) I gained a little more respect for the Dazzler, and B) Whalepants suck donkey balls. Everything about the Spaz era should be mocked and used as a guideline of what not to do with the football program. If Daz recognizes that, then Kudos to him.

This.

For all my concerns, skepticism and disappointment over the hire, I like that he is going all-in. He is not setting the bar artificially low. He is talking very much like Jags did. In the past, BC teams have taken on the personality of their coach. Will be interesting to see if that comes to pass again.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I son't think Dr. Lou Jack is fishing. I think he has admitted to being a unabashed whalepants and closet ND fan.

I think you may have missed the bait I was referring to, and who it's bait for.

The golf ball on a tee would also be appropriate response.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

This.

For all my concerns, skepticism and disappointment over the hire, I like that he is going all-in. He is not setting the bar artificially low. He is talking very much like Jags did. In the past, BC teams have taken on the personality of their coach. Will be interesting to see if that comes to pass again.

I hate the Dazzler now. REVERSAL!!!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

Spaz did more to harm the integrity of the university with his reticence during halftime interviews and awful demeanor during just about everything involving the press. Or, you know, when playing another team. He deserves to be poked fun.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

If the crusty old shitheads that make up the whalepant demographic don't like the Dazzler, then consider that a +1 for him.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am

Nice to see some of you start to see the light and jump on the Addazio bandwagon.

I just want to restate my 100% support of this hire - I think Addazio will turn out to be a great coach for BC
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Any youts on the board who can provide their perspective on the Addazio and Bates meeting with the BC student body on Monday?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Video from state of the heights with the students is up on bceagles.com
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:35 am

Part 2 is in a month:
February 8, 2015

Dear XX XX:

Two years ago we conducted “Town Hall” meetings on the subject of your football gameday experience. The response was incredible with the meetings reaching capacity within 48 hours of the invitations being sent. The feedback we received validated some expectations, introduced new concepts and was generally very informative as we planned new initiatives.

In the past two years we have implemented many of the ideas we have received. From reinstating Homecoming to fireworks; gate-greeters to customer service representatives; security training to featuring live band entertainment; from easing ticket purchases and providing less-expensive parking opportunities to featuring our live eagle (Welles); from accessing the field after the final game to postgame surveys, we heard you and continue to implement your thoughts and ideas.

We believe it is time to come together again.

As a loyal fan and season ticket holder, we highly value your opinion so let me personally invite you to join us for a Town Hall meeting on Saturday, March 7 at 12:00 p.m. in Walsh Hall to discuss your gameday experience. As a token of our appreciation for your participation, we are scheduling this meeting prior to our men’s basketball game vs. Wake Forest and would like to offer you two complimentary tickets to the game.

Please click HERE to RSVP by Wednesday, February 25. Space is limited and based on our previous Town Hall meetings, we anticipate this event will fill quickly so please respond promptly if you are interested in participating. I am very grateful for your consideration and look forward to seeing you throughout the 2015 football season as we strive to make your gameday experience the best in the ACC!

Sincerely,

Brad Bates
Athletics Director
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Part 2 is in a month:
February 8, 2015

Dear XX XX:

Two years ago we conducted “Town Hall” meetings on the subject of your football gameday experience. The response was incredible with the meetings reaching capacity within 48 hours of the invitations being sent. The feedback we received validated some expectations, introduced new concepts and was generally very informative as we planned new initiatives.

In the past two years we have implemented many of the ideas we have received. From reinstating Homecoming to fireworks; gate-greeters to customer service representatives; security training to featuring live band entertainment; from easing ticket purchases and providing less-expensive parking opportunities to featuring our live eagle (Welles); from accessing the field after the final game to postgame surveys, we heard you and continue to implement your thoughts and ideas.

We believe it is time to come together again.

As a loyal fan and season ticket holder, we highly value your opinion so let me personally invite you to join us for a Town Hall meeting on Saturday, March 7 at 12:00 p.m. in Walsh Hall to discuss your gameday experience. As a token of our appreciation for your participation, we are scheduling this meeting prior to our men’s basketball game vs. Wake Forest and would like to offer you two complimentary tickets to the game.

Please click HERE to RSVP by Wednesday, February 25. Space is limited and based on our previous Town Hall meetings, we anticipate this event will fill quickly so please respond promptly if you are interested in participating. I am very grateful for your consideration and look forward to seeing you throughout the 2015 football season as we strive to make your gameday experience the best in the ACC!

Sincerely,

Brad Bates
Athletics Director

Nothing good is going to come from this meeting. I mean, if FURTHER limiting access to Shea (through bracelets) and tailgating was the first offshoot, I expect Staties fashioning electronic ankle brackets tracking devices to be the result of next month's event.

Over/under on the phrase "student development"? With the opening day loss to Yukon and the opening round defeat to a directional Beanpot team, will someone ask how Enrico Blasi is doing this season?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:48 am

sounds like march 7th is when we learn the name of the next figurehead oc.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sounds like march 7th is when we learn the name of the next figurehead oc.

I'm also assuming we will hear how awesome a partner Under Armour has been and how incredibly boring (yet not plain enough to be retro) unis are being selling points to recruits. I believe that contract is entering its last 12-months which usually means some sort of change or re-upping is in order.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sounds like march 7th is when we learn the name of the next figurehead oc.

I'm also assuming we will hear how awesome a partner Under Armour has been and how incredibly boring (yet not plain enough to be retro) unis are being selling points to recruits. I believe that contract is entering its last 12-months which usually means some sort of change or re-upping is in order.

Nike, Nike or Nike. Maybe Adidas or see if Puma wants to get in on the football uniform game. They might come up with something cool. New Balance is local, but don't think they get involved in football uniforms either.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:22 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Nike, Nike or Nike. Maybe Adidas or see if Puma wants to get in on the football uniform game. They might come up with something cool. New Balance is local, but don't think they get involved in football uniforms either.

new balance doesn't have a history of doing uniforms. they handle hockey and lax through their warrior division. just last week they announced they were going to transition the soccer unis from warrior to a new balance name.

i don't see them (new balance or warrior) expanding to american football anytime soon
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium