2013 Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2013 Schedule

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 am

We're still short an OOC opponent for 2013.

Any update on this? Around a month ago, Bates said he wanted to get it tied down but obviously the search for Addaziani put this on the back burner.

Recently GT added a second D1AA game as they couldn't work out anything.

I'm hoping Bates finds a home game, we're looking at a home schedule of: Stony Brook, Army, FSU, NC St, Wake, Cuse/Coastal team :bored
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: 2013 Schedule

Postby 31southst on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:We're still short an OOC opponent for 2013.

Any update on this? Around a month ago, Bates said he wanted to get it tied down but obviously the search for Addaziani put this on the back burner.

Recently GT added a second D1AA game as they couldn't work out anything.

I'm hoping Bates finds a home game, we're looking at a home schedule of: Stony Brook, Army, FSU, NC St, Wake, Cuse/Coastal team :bored

A home game would be nice but I doubt we'll be able to add an appealing home game at this point. Realistically though I expect a MAC-type game.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

A MAC team would be nice. I expect a Sun Belt team.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:A MAC team would be nice. I expect a Sun Belt team.

one of the Florida teams hopefully.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Schedule Georgia Southern and BringJagsBackToBC.blogspot.com.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

I was told it is not going to be a good team. Home game. We will be writing a check for a team to come. They did try to get a bunch of different teams, but the window was narrow.

Daz will get 3 cupcakes out of the 4 OOC games. So if he can go 3-5 in 2013 in ACC, he will be 6-6 and go bowling.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:I was told it is not going to be a good team. Home game. We will be writing a check for a team to come. They did try to get a bunch of different teams, but the window was narrow.

Daz will get 3 cupcakes out of the 4 OOC games. So if he can go 3-5 in 2013 in ACC, he will be 6-6 and go bowling.

That home schedule next year is pretty bad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Mike_S on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Is ND off the schedule next year ?

Also, I noticed on a future schedules website that BC/USC is supposed to be 9/14. Does anybody know if that date's solid ?
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 pm

2014 will be a great schedule: open @ UMass, Army @ Yankee Stadium (prefer Michie), home schedule: USC, Clemson, VT, Louisville, Cuse?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Mike_S {l Wrote}:Is ND off the schedule next year ?

Also, I noticed on a future schedules website that BC/USC is supposed to be 9/14. Does anybody know if that date's solid ?

ND is off the schedule until 2015. Of course, with their new "association" with the ACC, this could change.

The 9/14 date for the 2013 USC game is solid.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Schedule next year is completely a gift to Daz. He SHOULD go 6-6. These are NOT unreasonable expectations. This is a forgiving cupcake schedule. Don't let them make excuses next year. Sagarin Rankings for these teams:

??? FCS team purchased home game
150. Army
129. Stony Brook
117. Wake Forest
105. Maryland
That is 5 games against teams not in the top 100!

69. NC State
67. Virginia Tech
66. Georgia Tech
Three more games against teams not ranked in the Top 64 and there are only 64 teams in the new playoff system.

Is it crazy to think that a team goes undefeated against teams not in the top 100 and then finds ONE game somewhere else on its schedule? Not against a top 64 team, but a team who can't crack the big league rankings? Whether it be Spaz, Daz, or anyone else, BC should expect to beat any team not in the top 100, at any time, at any stage of the programs development.
Last edited by BCWest on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:50 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:Schedule next year is completely a gift to Daz. He SHOULD go 6-6. These are NOT unreasonable expectations. This is a forgiving cupcake schedule. Don't let them make excuses next year.

It is my understanding that Spaz and Daz share similar post-game press conference philosophies.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Mike_S {l Wrote}:Is ND off the schedule next year ?

You can send a Thank you card to Kansas.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 pm

If it's not going to be a BCS team or BYU, Tulane is by far the best option out there.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:28 pm

west: you are a great poster, but I am stunned by the amount of posters on here and elsewhere who have been living on another planet for the past three years. Bashing spaz is legit, he deserved every ounce of it, and he left this program in ruins, which everyone is glad to reference. However, nobody wants to acknowledge when looking at our schedule next year that we currently STINK. You cite five teams ranked above 100 and assume that we win those games. BC lost to army, and wake and beat md in the last minute. BC is no better and likely worse than those teams. We were 2-10 and deservedly so last year, with one win over Maine and another again in the last minute over MD. We were not far off from 0-12. 6-6 is not an automatic next year, and given coaching changes and implementing new philosophies which usually leads to struggles, I would assess it as unlikely. We are more likely to lose to an army or stony brook or the other mystery team then we are to beat a Clemson, fsu, USC, or vt.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:west: you are a great poster, but I am stunned by the amount of posters on here and elsewhere who have been living on another planet for the past three years. Bashing spaz is legit, he deserved every ounce of it, and he left this program in ruins, which everyone is glad to reference. However, nobody wants to acknowledge when looking at our schedule next year that we currently STINK. You cite five teams ranked above 100 and assume that we win those games. BC lost to army, and wake and beat md in the last minute. BC is no better and likely worse than those teams. We were 2-10 and deservedly so last year, with one win over Maine and another again in the last minute over MD. We were not far off from 0-12. 6-6 is not an automatic next year, and given coaching changes and implementing new philosophies which usually leads to struggles, I would assess it as unlikely. We are more likely to lose to an army or stony brook or the other mystery team then we are to beat a Clemson, fsu, USC, or vt.

I agree. I don't think they'll go 2-10 again because the non-conference schedule will be a lot easier, but anything better than 4-8 will be gravy to me.

Yes, my expectations have been lowered. Thank you Gene, Frank, Brad and Frank.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Horse dung. Even stinking, BC should have won an additional 3-4 games this season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:If it's not going to be a BCS team or BYU, Tulane is by far the best option out there.

That is the way it should be. They have 8 ACC games, USC, Army, Stony Brook and maybe a Tulane, or some othr CUSA/NNNNBE school. That is probably how the schedule will look for the forseeable future with an FCS opponent, a Tulane type opponent, ND/Top 15 opponent in non ND years and Army. For BC, that's a pretty decent yearly football schedule and they can handle that over the long haul.7-5, 8-4 records should be the norm once Daz gets a couple fo recruiting classes in.

What they need to do is try to get real high end ND replacements to spice up the schedule and rotate it around the likes of Bama, USC, Stanford, Oregon, tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, etc. I would also get Uconn back on the schedule and play them every year over Columbus Day at the Razor. It would be a good regional rivalry. As for UMass, I would open with them every year and they would be the MAC/FCS opponent on the schedule. I would play that game 3-1 at Alumni with the 4th year at Gillette. That way you have regional rivals, the ACC schedule, Army and a national opponent every year. It would be a competitive schedule and a nice mix of teams and regions. I think it would draw interest overall.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Horse dung. Even stinking, BC should have won an additional 3-4 games this season.

Agreed. Also dont play UConn
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

What about Rice? Our program is pretty much on a par with theirs these days. Play it Labor Day weekend and call it the WGAS Classic.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 am

h2o {l Wrote}:What about Rice? Our program is pretty much on a par with theirs these days. Play it Labor Day weekend and call it the WGAS Classic.

I was going off the FBS teams that still have openings for 2013....according to BCI that's (in order of my preference):

1. Arizona (no brainer, BCS program on the rise in a great location)
2. Missouri (they suck by SEC standards but still in the SEC, we might actually be able to beat them, and should be a fun road trip)
3. BYU (solid program but we've played them recently and "meh" road trip unless it's late enough in the season to hit the slopes)
4. Tulane (bad program but peer academic school and best road trip on the list)
5. Texas State (decent road trip--halfway between Austin and San Antonio--should be an easy win, and Texas exposure)
6. Middle Tennessee State (close to Nashville but deceptively tough game, stomped GT this year and they seem to knock off an ACC/SEC team every couple years)
7. CMU (solid program and good recruiting exposure but I feel like we play them all the time)
8. Marshall/New Mexico State/Idaho (doesn't matter at this point...Marshall would give us western PA/southern Ohio exposure I guess)

I expect they'll try to get the 2013 game at home with a return trip at some point in the next few years....also if the opponent is anyone other than the top 4 and maybe MTSU or CMU I wouldn't expect we'd ever play a return game (2 for 1 if anything with MTSU/CMU), so the road trip aspect wouldn't matter in that case but the games would still be on TV in those areas.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:2014 will be a great schedule: open @ UMass, Army @ Yankee Stadium (prefer Michie), home schedule: USC, Clemson, VT, Louisville, Cuse?

What is the appeal of a football game in a baseball stadium (with no history or underlying appeal like Wrigley or Fenway) in the Bronx?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:2014 will be a great schedule: open @ UMass, Army @ Yankee Stadium (prefer Michie), home schedule: USC, Clemson, VT, Louisville, Cuse?

What is the appeal of a football game in a baseball stadium (with no history or underlying appeal like Wrigley or Fenway) in the Bronx?

I'd prefer it at West Point, but at least it's an easy roadtrip for a large amount of our alums/season ticket holders.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCWest on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:What about Rice? Our program is pretty much on a par with theirs these days. Play it Labor Day weekend and call it the WGAS Classic.

I was going off the FBS teams that still have openings for 2013....according to BCI that's (in order of my preference):

2. Missouri (they suck by SEC standards but still in the SEC, we might actually be able to beat them, and should be a fun road trip)
3. BYU (solid program but we've played them recently and "meh" road trip unless it's late enough in the season to hit the slopes)
5. Texas State (decent road trip--halfway between Austin and San Antonio--should be an easy win, and Texas exposure)
6. Middle Tennessee State (close to Nashville but deceptively tough game, stomped GT this year and they seem to knock off an ACC/SEC team every couple years)
7. CMU (solid program and good recruiting exposure but I feel like we play them all the time)
8. Marshall/New Mexico State/Idaho (doesn't matter at this point...Marshall would give us western PA/southern Ohio exposure I guess)

I expect they'll try to get the 2013 game at home with a return trip at some point in the next few years....also if the opponent is anyone other than the top 4 and maybe MTSU or CMU I wouldn't expect we'd ever play a return game (2 for 1 if anything with MTSU/CMU), so the road trip aspect wouldn't matter in that case but the games would still be on TV in those areas.

It is not just who has an opening, it is also who has an opening that matches a date BC can play.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:32 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

It is not just who has an opening, it is also who has an opening that matches a date BC can play.

I've suspected for some time that I know you in real life.
not to rocketcar you but what year did you graduate?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Tulane. Winnable game and a road trip to New Orleans? Why has this not happened yet?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 am

hansen {l Wrote}:not to rocketcar you but what year did you graduate?

You realize, of course, that he lives West of Fort Worth.

talon {l Wrote}:Tulane. Winnable game and a road trip to New Orleans? Why has this not happened yet?

And... we would be helping out a fellow Big East brother (who we will likely being playing in the ACC in less than 5 years).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 am

Greg Logan
‏@GregLogan1
Report that Stony Brook opens 2013 FB season Aug. 31 at Boston College confirmed by SBU source. #SBAthletics

Writer for newsday

So as of now we know:
8/31: Stonybrook
9/14: @ USC
10/5: Army
November: New Mexico St
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Greg Logan
‏@GregLogan1
Report that Stony Brook opens 2013 FB season Aug. 31 at Boston College confirmed by SBU source. #SBAthletics

Writer for newsday

So as of now we know:
8/31: Stonybrook
9/14: @ USC
10/5: Army
November: New Mexico St

Stony Brook pounded Army this year, so I'll predict:

loss
Loss
Loss
Win
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 am

Without the coward, I bet we win (and we should expect to win) 3 of 4.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium