2013 Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Schedule

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:So according to the heights editor, the nm st game is on the road? WTF?

There's no way we're playing @ NMST

Football source confirms: http://www.bcheightssports.com/2013/01/ ... c-in-2013/

:lol:
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:looks like another year of no TRE at alumni stadium

depending on the dirty jerz rebuild after hurricane sandy, the nova game is a distinct possibility
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Stop fucking complaining about games at Alumni on Labor Day Weekend. Christ, our fans suck. The weather is perfect and it gives out-of-towners an extra day to hang out in Boston.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Stop fucking complaining about games at Alumni on Labor Day Weekend. Christ, our fans suck. The weather is perfect and it gives out-of-towners an extra day to hang out in Boston.

A bunch of people were complaining abut two Friday games that didn't exist before the schedule was even announced...this is what we've become.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:59 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Stop fucking complaining about games at Alumni on Labor Day Weekend. Christ, our fans suck. The weather is perfect and it gives out-of-towners an extra day to hang out in Boston.

A bunch of people were complaining abut two Friday games that didn't exist before the schedule was even announced...this is what we've become.

To be fair it was posted on the Villanova website, it's not like it was from some random source.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 pm

this is where you are in the wrong. we are the only university in the universe that has alumni and fans that enjoy activities other than football during labor day weekend. as a result, it is unfair to expect us to give up on our other interests just to go and enjoy a football game.

[interpretation in english] our fanbase sucks, has always sucked and will always suck. even when we were #2 in the country we couldn't sell the stadium out. you need to get over the suckiness of the fan base because there is nothing you can do about it and it will only drive you nuts. my suggestion is to pretend to agree with them all the while you are mocking them with thinly veiled sarcasm. that's the was that i approach it at least [/interpretation in english]
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

this is where you are in the wrong. we are the only university in the universe that has alumni and fans that enjoy activities other than football during labor day weekend. as a result, it is unfair to expect us to give up on our other interests just to go and enjoy a football game.

[interpretation in english] our fanbase sucks, has always sucked and will always suck. even when we were #2 in the country we couldn't sell the stadium out. you need to get over the suckiness of the fan base because there is nothing you can do about it and it will only drive you nuts. my suggestion is to pretend to agree with them all the while you are mocking them with thinly veiled sarcasm. that's the was that i approach it at least [/interpretation in english]

I know, I know. You're better than I am at the sarcasm, so I just went with the angry typing approach. I should know better.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:For the Record:
Aug. 31 -- Villanova Wildcats (W)
Sep. 6 -- WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS* (W)
Sep. 14 -- @ USC Trojans (Close L)
Sep. 21 -- BYE
Sep. 28 -- FLORIDA ST. SEMINOLES* (2 TD L)
Oct. 5 -- ARMY BLACK KNIGHTS (W)
Oct. 12 -- @ Clemson Tigers* (10 pt L)
Oct. 19 -- BYE
Oct. 26 -- @ North Carolina Tar Heels* (W)
Nov. 2 -- VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES* (L)
Nov. 9 -- @ New Mexico St. Aggies (W)
Nov. 16 -- N.C. STATE WOLFPACK* (W)
Nov. 23 -- @ Maryland Terrapins* (W)
Nov. 30 -- @ Syracuse Orange* (W)

8-4 (5-3).

Honestly with this schedule if we don't go bowling it would be unacceptable.

The 2013 team is th emost veteran team since 2007. And this schedule is much-MUCH wussier than the team that Matt Ryan had to play against in 2007.

I know this is Addazio's first year, but much is expected of him (this year particularly.)

Christ.

no space is extremely wrong about all but the potential for getting 8 wins. That schedule sucks worse than BC's talent.

exactly.

3 guarenteed wins or ill be very nervous about adaziani: @nm state, army, nova

i'm optimistic about 8. i get that...ill be pissed if this team doesnt get to 6 though.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

To be fair it was posted on the Villanova website, it's not like it was from some random source.

Does it matter?

Frank Adaziani
Downgrading to the MAC
Rettig transfer
Frank the Tank
Wish bone offenses

You name it, it sucks.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 am

Most likely out of the country until mid-October but I'm 100% in for @UNC. Might fly up for VT or NC State, we'll see.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

What? The weather is terrible for tailgating & Football, unless your traveling in from Panama for the game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 am

I've had a lot of fun at Labor Day games in the past, but it can be tough because of vacation plans.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 am

A loss to Stony Yeshiva would have been humiliating (and quite possible), Nova is probably a weaker opponent and even a loss would be less humiliating, good chance on stepping up to 3 wins this year - show some progress (in scheduling weak opponents) if nothing else
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I've had a lot of fun at Labor Day games in the past, but it can be tough because of vacation plans.

Same with me Mike. I attended last year's Miami Labor Day game - Alumni was 80%-85% (?) filled. Eagles got off to a good start and crowd was into the into the game until mid-way through the 2nd half. Weather was a little hot but besides the final score I had a great time.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I've had a lot of fun at Labor Day games in the past, but it can be tough because of vacation plans.

Same with me Mike. I attended last year's Miami Labor Day game - Alumni was 80%-85% (?) filled. Eagles got off to a good start and crowd was into the into the game until mid-way through the 2nd half. Weather was a little hot but besides the final score I had a great time.

The 2007 Wake Forest game was on Labor Day weekend, and that was one of the most fun BC games I've ever attended.

That was the same day as Clay Buchholz's no-hitter against Baltimore. Fantastic sports weekend.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:The 2007 Wake Forest game was on Labor Day weekend, and that was one of the most fun BC games I've ever attended.

I ended up in a luxury box with a bunch of whalepants thanks to a girl I no longer date. As we came back and pulled ahead from that early 14-0 deficit, the whalepants kept complaining that we threw the ball too much. Then they went ape-shit with joy when we ran the Billy Flutie trick play pass.

I ended up in the awful strip club downtown on a bachelor party with some people I am no longer affiliated with. I may have slept in a public park.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 pm

:popcorn

The hottest game at alumni was the buffalo wing special in week 2 against GTech
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}::popcorn

I thought it was cold and rainy that day??

Not at BC obviously, but it was ROASTING hot at FSU in '06.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

gtech was disgustingly humid. what was that 08?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Scheduling Nova was absolutely fucktarded. Just an absolutely moronic piece of scheduling. Nova was 8-4 last year and made the FCS playoffs with a team that everyone thought was too young to compete. They have everyone coming back and will be a pre-season FCS Top 5 team and one of the favorites for the National Championship at that level. Plus, they are looking at this game like it is the fucking Super Bowl--I have been bombarded with emails from Nova people since the announcement.

In contrast, we will have a pretty bad team that will have personnel that is not suited to the way the Dazzler likes to play. It will be the first game of the year and a Friday Night contest to boot. If we are giving anything more than a FG, bet heavily on Nova.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Scheduling Nova was absolutely fucktarded. Just an absolutely moronic piece of scheduling. Nova was 8-4 last year and made the FCS playoffs with a team that everyone thought was too young to compete. They have everyone coming back and will be a pre-season FCS Top 5 team and one of the favorites for the National Championship at that level. Plus, they are looking at this game like it is the fucking Super Bowl--I have been bombarded with emails from Nova people since the announcement.

In contrast, we will have a pretty bad team that will have personnel that is not suited to the way the Dazzler likes to play. It will be the first game of the year and a Friday Night contest to boot. If we are giving anything more than a FG, bet heavily on Nova.

have we been down so long that we look at "challenges" with a sense of fear rather than opportunity? challenges that are Top 10 FCS teams to boot?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm

the only disagreement i raise to angry dick's statement above is that the scheduling's been clarified and its a saturday game.

other than that, i'm picturing a better than even money potential for a dazzling disappointment on day 1 much as the angry one projects
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Scheduling Nova was absolutely fucktarded. Just an absolutely moronic piece of scheduling. Nova was 8-4 last year and made the FCS playoffs with a team that everyone thought was too young to compete. They have everyone coming back and will be a pre-season FCS Top 5 team and one of the favorites for the National Championship at that level. Plus, they are looking at this game like it is the fucking Super Bowl--I have been bombarded with emails from Nova people since the announcement.

have we been down so long that we look at "challenges" with a sense of fear rather than opportunity? challenges that are Top 10 FCS teams to boot?

we have been down for quite a while and that can be very frustrating. we all know that the young don't deal well with frustrating things so... do you still like bc football? do you hope bc football wins all its games? i like bc football.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I like BC football. I would just like it better if we opened up with a game where we had nothing to lose and everything to gain instead of the exact opposite. I would not be shocked if Villanova rocketshipped us in this game, which would just be soul murdering.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}::popcorn

It's too bad Xander deleted the archives. I believe this game thread was the first appearance of "nobody could be worse than Chris Crane."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

we have been down for quite a while and that can be very frustrating. we all know that the young don't deal well with frustrating things so... do you still like bc football? do you hope bc football wins all its games? i like bc football.

you kinda beat that one to death.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you would know, kb
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you would know, kb

I would, but then I forget. luckily, you're there to remind me how to mercilessly beat a joke to death for four and a half years.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you would know, kb

I would, but then I forget. luckily, you're there to remind me how to mercilessly beat a joke to death for four and a half years.

and yet you still return with "bc football poops rainbows... next year has to be better because it is bc football (and i like bc football but other people that say that i like bc football are monotonous even though i say the same thing every time the future is discussed)" without fail.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you would know, kb

and yet you still return with "bc football poops rainbows... next year has to be better because it is bc football (and i like bc football but other people that say that i like bc football are monotonous even though i say the same thing every time the future is discussed)" without fail.

that's basketball. if you're gonna try a bad comeback, at least get it right ya schlub. I mean, it's in my signature for fuck's sake.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium