Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Te'o admits to only having the relationship over the phone and online. Swarbrick said it was all online. Does he backpedal or claim he isn't familiar with the terminology of modern technology despite the lengthy time he spent with Te'o and how "thouroughly investigated" the incident was?

I can't wait to see who this situation's Jay Paterno will be.

Te'o needs to clarify how this relationship worked. If it was done on the phone and online, did they have phone sex? If not, can you really call it a "relationship"? Merely talking to someone over the phone or typing a conversation does not establish a relationship. I could call my proctologist on the phone to set up an appointment, but that does not mean that I have a "relationship" with my proctologist. How can Swarbrick say that he "thouroughly investigated" the incident without knowing the fundamental issue of whether it was really a relationship?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Te'o admits to only having the relationship over the phone and online. Swarbrick said it was all online. Does he backpedal or claim he isn't familiar with the terminology of modern technology despite the lengthy time he spent with Te'o and how "thouroughly investigated" the incident was?

I can't wait to see who this situation's Jay Paterno will be.

Te'o needs to clarify how this relationship worked. If it was done on the phone and online, did they have phone sex? If not, can you really call it a "relationship"? Merely talking to someone over the phone or typing a conversation does not establish a relationship. I could call my proctologist on the phone to set up an appointment, but that does not mean that I have a "relationship" with my proctologist. How can Swarbrick say that he "thouroughly investigated" the incident without knowing the fundamental issue of whether it was really a relationship?

I believe Tuiasosopo would stick his wiener in Lennay's ladyparts, then fly to South Bend and have T'eo suck on his wiener for a while. Then he would suck T'eo's wiener and go back to California and kiss Lennay. To T'eo, it appeared to be a perfectly normal transitive heterosexual relationship.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:I believe Tuiasosopo would stick his wiener in Lennay's ladyparts, then fly to South Bend and have T'eo suck on his wiener for a while. Then he would suck T'eo's wiener and go back to California and kiss Lennay. To T'eo, it appeared to be a perfectly normal transitive heterosexual relationship.

i'm not much of a "OMFG POST OF THE YEAR" kind of guy but

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

SI: How long were you dating? I know that can be a complicated question.

TE'O: Oct. 15 was the official date. Of last year. I've known her for four years. So we've been friends.

SI: So you dated for about a year.

TE'O: Yeah.

SI: Where did you meet her in California?

TE'O: She actually came to one of the games. She saw me at one of the games.

SI: October 15, I assume is USC?

TE'O: That was in November. But she saw me at the USC game of my sophomore year. We were still just friends, we were acquaintances.

TE'O: She didn't get out. She went from there. Remember she got in the accident and she was in a coma. We lost her, actually, twice. She flatlined twice. They revived her twice. It was just a trippy situation. It was a day I was flying home from South Bend to go home for summer break. It was May. Mid-May. That was the day where they said, "Bro, we're going to pull it. We're going to pull the plug." I remember having this feeling like everything is going to be OK. They were telling me, "Say your goodbyes." From April 28 to around mid-May, I was always talking to my girlfriend who was on a machine.
SI: She couldn't communicate?
TE'O: No. She could only breathe. One of the miraculous things was when I talked to her and she would hear my voice her breathing would pick up. Like quickly, and then she would start crying. But her breathing would quicken, and she would start crying. So her brother was in the room with the nurse. They were monitoring her. She said, "Who is she on the phone with?" Her boyfriend. She was like, "That's amazing. She doesn't do that with anybody else." So that happened. And then she flatlined and we were losing her.
The day I went home, that was the day they were going to pull it. They were saying their goodbyes and all that. I said, "Babe, I'm never going to say goodbye to you. If you really want to go, she really missed her dad, so I said, "If you want to go, be with dad, go. Just know that I love you very, very much." I had this very positive feeling that everything was going to be OK. I landed in Hawaii. By the time I said my goodbyes. Not my goodbyes, my I love you, I'll see you later, that kind of thing, I jumped on the airplane to go to Hawaii. They were scheduled to pull the plug while I was in the air.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130117/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/

How does any of this square with the hoax "they only met online" theory ND want us to believe? They're so full of shit.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Bottom line on ESPN saying that a former teammate said "most player's knew Kekua was not really his girlfriend but Te'o liked the attention"
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby h2o on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Sources: Manti Te'o's representatives passed on chance to release story about fictional girlfriend
5 hours ago...

In the days following the BCS championship game, there was significant internal debate at Notre Dame about when to go public with the revelation that star linebacker Manti Te'o's girlfriend was a hoax, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Notre Dame officials wanted Manti Te'o to go public with his story on Monday. (AP)Some administrators were pressing for a unilateral public disclosure by the school, while others wanted to let Te'o himself make the stunning news public, the source said. Notre Dame officials were in contact with Te'o's agent, Tom Condon of Creative Artists Agency, and were told the Heisman Trophy runner-up planned to release his version of events Monday. The decision was made to wait and let Te'o and CAA control the message.

But that disclosure never came, and instead the news broke in a bombshell report from Deadspin on Wednesday afternoon.

"Their plan was Monday," the source said. "In hindsight, we shouldn't have given them that time."

A call and email from Yahoo! Sports to Condon were not immediately returned Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sources--manti-te-o-s-representatives-passed-on-chance-to-release-story-about-fictional-girlfriend-175521027.html
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm

The story is utterly shocking, unless you’re familiar with the history of the mythology of Notre Dame football.

Fake, schmaltzy inspirational tales are the essence of the culture of the program. The inspirational story of Knute Rockne and his dying player, George Gipp, became a famous movie that helped enshrine Notre Dame football in the culture. In reality, Rockne was an ethically dubious sports gambler, Gipp a pool hustler, and the main events of the story — Gipp’s dying wish to “win one for the Gipper,” Rockne’s inspirational halftime speech — never happened.

Likewise, Rudy is the inspirational story of a walk-on who overcame the odds to play football at Notre Dame, but the story is also filled with falsehoods. Rudy, by the way, turned out to be a stock scammer.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/inspiring-tale-of-notre-dame-hero-totally-fake.html

All that need to be said.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Does anyone else regret that we don't have IB's unique perspective on this matter?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

So right when I landed, I was expecting to get a voicemail saying she's gone. So I landed and I had a voicemail from her brother saying, "Brother, call me back right now." So you can imagine what's going through my head. I was like, "What am I going to do? How am I going to take this?'"And so I called him back, the doctor came in and he saw something and he wants to try some treatment on her to see if it works. From there she slowly started to get better. Slowly. Eventually she came out of her coma and she started having memory problems and she couldn't remember because of the accident. That's how much damage she had to her frontal lobe. She had memory problems. I was actually the first person that she talked to. She was breathing, breathing. When I talked to her, I would say, "Babe, do you know who this is?" I knew she knew who it was because her breathing would pick up. I was like, "Relax, chill. Breathe slowly. Breathe slowly." And then, that was when she first started to speak was that conversation. I was like, "Babe, I love you. I love you." Very slightly she said, "I love you."

SI: Was that right when you got back?

TE'O: Then she started to make progress.

SI: This is unbelievable.

TE'O: As she started to make progress. She had her good days. And then the next day she'd say, "Babe my back is sore. I can't feel it. Something is wrong. I don't know what's wrong. My chest is burning." And stuff like that. They said that they took her in and ran some blood tests and that's when they found leukemia. From that hospital she was treated for cancer and then she went to St. Jude's. She was in St. Jude's and then she went to another hospital.

All this over the internet. Yup.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Does anyone else regret that we don't have IB's unique perspective on this matter?

Yes. The only way to make sense of this retarded story is to have a retarded viewpoint. Though I'm not sure if IB would know anything about fake Interweb girlfriends.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm

how does phone with coma girl work? does she hold the phone in her coma hand? does her brother hold it to her coma ear? does she put it on speakerphone so manti can hear all the coma machines buzzing, wheezing and beeping?

in any of those cases it sounds highly irregular and likely would look funny in a sitcom or seth macfarlane type movie scene
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:02 pm

clearly well respected in the locker room:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... iend-angle
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 pm

The revelation of the hoax has been far-reaching. A Notre Dame graduate who launched a campaign to raise money for a cancer research group in memory of Te'o's girlfriend says he is "shell-shocked" to learn the woman didn't exist.

Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8854472/teammate-manti-teo-says-player-played-girlfriend-angle

Again, ND is so full of shit.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

The massive inconsistencies and embellishments in the SI interview make it clear that Manti was involved with the hoax at some level. Thamel should have followed his gut when he said "This is unbelievable."

Swarbrick going all-in on the story makes me think that ND was aware of the lies long ago and felt that no one was really being harmed... so, there was no need to set the record straight. Swarbrick is now entering the territory that Manti hoped to occupy: either he is a fool or he was complicit. Nonetheless, his credibility is shot and is likely not long for his AD-ship.

Gotta suspect that BK had much more interest in the NFL as a result.

Yahoo and others are SHOCKED that Condon didn't release the story to control it. There is probably a very good reason why... he did not want to be a part of the scam and felt that continued perpetuation through denials would only furer plague him and hurt his draft status.

On an aside, I find using fake tragedies (be it fake dead girlfriends or fake illnesses of OCs) despicable. There are plenty of people who face real tragedies in this world and can use the sympathy that is evoked from others upon hearing their troubles. The last thing this world needs is for people to not be as caring and concerned for others because they fear being the subject of a scam.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Odd that the ND AD didn't feel compelled to hold a press conference to address the rape and then suicide of one of their coeds. But the death of Te'o's fake girlfriend made him break down and cry last night.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm

ND Nation has resorted to the old "media should spend as much time covering [insert real-world serious news story here] as they do the missteps of ND football players" counter-attack.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how does phone with coma girl work? does she hold the phone in her coma hand? does her brother hold it to her coma ear? does she put it on speakerphone so manti can hear all the coma machines buzzing, wheezing and beeping?

I imagine it was kind of like when I'm on the phone with my parents and they tell me to say hi to their dog, Molly, so they put the phone to the dog's ear and tell me to say hi. So I say "Hi Molly, you're a good girl!" and then they tell me that Molly is wagging her tail when she hears my voice. But I never know for sure if Molly is really listening to me and wagging her tail or if I am being CATFISHED.

The difference is that I can confirm Molly is a real dog whenever I actually visit them in person.

:dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Do we know that Te'o's grandmother was real and actually died? Have any of these big shot journalists bothered to do their due diligence and dig her corpse up and ride the pony or are they too lazy???
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Get ready for a Junior Seau-like ending.

This whole thing is awesome, but my favorite part is listening to the ND faithful trying to justify every single scenario except for the ones that make Ghey'o either being one of the hugest assholes ever or him being just the biggest dolt that has ever walked the earth.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Has Angry Dick chimed in to lend his thoughts on his favorite player?
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Image

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm

MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby thebs19 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Has anyone brought up the ridiculousness of the "She told she didn't want me to leave when it happened?" nonsense to explain why he didn't attend any of her supposed services? No? Allow me, then.

The story goes that she had done so well in her recovery from leukemia that she got released from hospital and appeared out of the woods, and then SUDDENLY WHAM! she dies, shocking him without warning.

Exactly when, then, did they discuss how he would stay at ND and play the next football when she died??
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 pm

MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:Image

This is a solid effort! :kudos :kudos
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:Has anyone brought up the ridiculousness of the "She told she didn't want me to leave when it happened?" nonsense to explain why he didn't attend any of her supposed services? No? Allow me, then.

The story goes that she had done so well in her recovery from leukemia that she got released from hospital and appeared out of the woods, and then SUDDENLY WHAM! she dies, shocking him without warning.

Exactly when, then, did they discuss how he would stay at ND and play the next football when she died??

It doesn't take one of the (many) law-talkin guys on this board to poke holes in the Notre Dame narrative that Teo is just some innocent_bystander here (no pun intended).

My own personal theory is that Teo got got, got wise to it after the fact, but not until AFTER the story had already become national news. He and his family, noted douchebags and jock sniffers that they are, played it up to avoid the embarrassment to themselves, his draft stock and the Irish football program. At the end of the day, they lost control of the narrative before they could spin it after the season was over and now they're all fucked.

The only other realistic explanation from where I sit is that Manti has teh ghey and this was his way to knock people off the scent in a culture (samoan, mormon, and catholic) that looks down upon it.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Watched part of three of the news talking heads tonight (Hannity, Greta & Cooper), ironic that Cooper is the only one hammering (no pun intended) Te'O and ND. Cooper showed a clip of Te'O saying "I will see her AGAIN in heaven"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Has Angry Dick chimed in to lend his thoughts on his favorite player?

He's too busy stockpiling stats, "insider" info, and polling results for the upcoming mid-term elections to be bothered with this nonsense.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Has Angry Dick chimed in to lend his thoughts on his favorite player?

You mean Angry Tuiasosopo?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:54 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Watched part of three of the news talking heads tonight (Hannity, Greta & Cooper), ironic that Cooper is the only one hammering (no pun intended) Te'O and ND. Cooper showed a clip of Te'O saying "I will see her AGAIN in heaven"

Saw it too and Lou Holtz was his usual ND obsequious self. The guy has no credibility.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium