Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Te'o's full statement on the situation, according to ESPN:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to CONTINUED...

be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Lousy lying piece of shit!!! What about your bringing her Hawaii to stay with your family??? What a fraud! To play on people's sympathies is the worst part of all.

Goddamn... think how that poor ND family feels right now. The one whose little girl died of cancer but who reached out Teo just before she died since he had experience with dealing with cancer.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Is her Twitter account still active? Manti Te'o was posting on it directly when she died. When I read the story there was a link to her account. It sounded like Manti was saying he was with her when she passed.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:08 pm

ND presser is live on ESPN right now. Swarbrick is speaking and he said that Te'o will answer some questions.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Manti isn't at the presser.

This whole thing is just C R A Z Y.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Will he go on Oprah and confess?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Turns out that Lennay Kekua was just Kevin Hart in a wig.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Gotta think that Kelly and Diaco would do the coaching carousel thing differently if they were given a mulligan.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Turns out that Lennay Kekua was just Kevin Hart in a wig.

That's the first (and likely only) thing that ha made me laugh about this thing.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm

So his angle/explanation is that he got "Catfished?"

I'll be curious about the face-to-face details and how those things get picked apart.

If this plays out that he likes dudes, then he'll jump on the "first outwardly gay superstar" role and be a hero once again.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 pm

what the hell is nd doing?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Swarbrick is crying! (or near it)
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Swarbrick just started crying during his interview. I surely hope this blows up that T'eo was part of this hoax. I can't wait to see how utterly stupid everybody will look!

Also, I haven't looked up all the details and don't really care to, but why is nobody pointing out the things some on here are saying T'eo discussed - how he met this girl in person, etc. Did he never say those things, or are people completely buying this Catfish scenario?

Wait, as I type, some guy on the phone just asked that. Swarbrick says "met" means they talked online, not in person. Ha ha, I call bullshit.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Swarbrick just started crying during his interview. I surely hope this blows up that T'eo was part of this hoax. I can't wait to see how utterly stupid everybody will look!

Also, I haven't looked up all the details and don't really care to, but why is nobody pointing out the things some on here are saying T'eo discussed - how he met this girl in person, etc. Did he never say those things, or are people completely buying this Catfish scenario?

Wait, as I type, some guy on the phone just asked that. Swarbrick says "met" means they talked online, not in person. Ha ha, I call bullshit.

this is exactly what is going to happen.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Someone from the South Bend Tribune better point out the quotes they have from Manti and Brian Te'o.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

this presser is pure gold. gold i tell you!

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Ronc112 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 pm

No-true Dame.
Ronc112
n00b

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 pm

So wait, when BC fans dug up Lenny Kekua's body and then rode it like a pony across the 50 yard line at Alumni during the ND game...did that not happen, either?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Ronc112 {l Wrote}:No-true Dame.

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:So wait, when BC fans dug up Lenny Kekua's body and then rode it like a pony across the 50 yard line at Alumni during the ND game...did that not happen, either?

:elephant :elephant :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

i thought most xgfs are models that live in canada and you meet them them at niagara falls and stuff and she is totally real guys and we did it like 5 times in 1 day so shut up. :seanwilliams

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so this all started coming apart on 12/26? isn't that about the time that the domers would have arrived in miami AND about the time the christopher huang disappeared from the world of eo?

if this were the maryann's board i would post a link to a picture of a naked hawai'ian and naked fat asianed man next to each other (maybe kissing, if i could find it)

Whatever, 'mo.

I haven't had the chance to look through this whole thread, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. Fucking Domers. Has anybody mentioned Joe Theisman yet? Gay'o will be the biggest bust since Jamarcus Russell. I hate to predict it, but I see a member of the Teo family swallowing a bullet in the near future.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Has the presser been YouTubed yet?

BTW, it wouldn't surprise me if Deadspin held some info back or has a whole cache of quotes from Teo's family which they haven't published to see exactly how Mamti and ND would respond. You break the news... get the denial... prove they're lying... and then apology/explanation/plea-for-forgiveness.

In retrospect, it seems that Papa Teo's would've been wise to wait a day or 2 before ripping the Hawaii newspaper. Having the press on your side would be of some help right now.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/IYuY0sh2sn0[/youtube]

Part of it I guess, I assume it'll lead the 11:00 sportscenter

jesus christ why is it so hard to embed youtubes now
Last edited by claver2010 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Another thing: his father is a major league douchebag.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Turns out that Lennay Kekua was just Kevin Hart in a wig.

Always makes me laugh. What's is this fine young man doing with himself these days?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

I hope some people at ND can crawl their way past the almighty focus on image and public relations, and get Te'o under some serious mental health care. This guy is obviously a mess. If you actually believe Te'o's story, including the bit about "exchanging glances" and "handshakes" and whatnot,then the guy is a complete fool and is going to need psychological help to rebuild his ability to trust.

Much more likely, of course, is that he made this up. If he did it just because he wanted to pump up his image, that's one thing as he'll be dealing with the fallout of being demonstrated a liar. Now that's not unheard of for Notre Dame football players (see Tuck, Justin: "BC fans threw snowballs at us when we played at BC"). But this time people actually paid attention and fact-checked.

I think the closet is the most likely explanation. It's one thing to come out voluntarily. It's another to come out because the closet was so important you tried to create the the ultimate cover story for why you don't see girls: "I can't bear to be hurt like that again, so I won't be with anyone. Woe is me".

I can only imagine what comes out now that everyone else will start digging too.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium