Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Ronaiah was molested. IB's batting average stays at an illustrious 1.000.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:With TRE's well known for affinity other men's junk - does anyone else think we have the possibility of a Manti TRE'o situation here at EO?

I'm going to unveil my deceit on a next season episode of that hilariously fresh show "impractical jokers" :orca
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:With TRE's well known for affinity other men's junk - does anyone else think we have the possibility of a Manti TRE'o situation here at EO?

I'm going to unveil my deceit on a next season episode of that hilariously fresh show "impractical jokers" :orca

I can suggest a better forum for your gender bending "humor" - Off Their Rockers with Betty White. It will go over big with your direct report
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:You really can't be LDS and Gay. So....

nospace speaks truth. if gay, LDS are taught to turn it off (like a light switch)

Speaking of mormons (ellipses)

I cursed out two more of them at my front door last night.
I tell them politely that I'm not interested but they fucking dont stop.
They looked confused when I asked to be put on their "don't ever go to this fucking address list".

you live in Vegas, LDS central

huh? did Utah vanish?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:You really can't be LDS and Gay. So....

nospace speaks truth. if gay, LDS are taught to turn it off (like a light switch)

Speaking of mormons (ellipses)

I cursed out two more of them at my front door last night.
I tell them politely that I'm not interested but they fucking dont stop.
They looked confused when I asked to be put on their "don't ever go to this fucking address list".

Have you ever seen the episode of South Park with the Mormon family? I had never seen it until recently and it is amazing.

Actually, the Mormon kid's speech at the end of that episode captures almost perfectly every interaction I've ever had with Mormons:

"Look, maybe us Mormons do believe in crazy stories that make absolutely no sense, and maybe Joseph Smith did make it all up, but I have a great life. and a great family, and I have the Book of Mormon to thank for that. The truth is, I don’t care if Joseph Smith made it all up, because what the church teaches now is loving your family, being nice and helping people. And even though people in this town might think that’s stupid, I still choose to believe in it. All I ever did was try to be your friend, Stan, but you’re so high and mighty you couldn’t look past my religion and just be my friend back. You’ve got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls."

Every Mormon I've ever met was extremely nice and, other than one guy who encouraged me to go to church (i.e. back to Catholic mass regularly, not with him), never pushed religion at all. A couple of them even acknowledged that the history of their church is insane, and didn't even feel the need to point out that the religion I was raised with is also insane - after all, we essentially worship a magic zombie - but has the advantage of being a couple thousand years older.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 am

Wait. So Mormons can be normal people that aren't religious zealots and who don't force their beliefs on other people because they are actually socially acclimated? For shame sir. For shame. Next thing you're going to tell me is that not all Jews lust for money. I'm not sure I can take that. How dare you ruin my stereotypes. How can I follow the "Book of IB" without it? Between this and the Daz is worse than Spaz talk, I don't know what to believe.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 am

Obviously Mormans are nice people. Their religion doesn't ban eating BACON.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Obviously Mormans are nice people. Their religion doesn't ban eating BACON.

Yes, but without alcohol, of what use is bacon?
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am

MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Obviously Mormans are nice people. Their religion doesn't ban eating BACON.

Valid point. Didn't Jesus pass a cup of wine around the table for everyone to drink?
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:

Valid point. Didn't Jesus pass a cup of wine around the table for everyone to drink?

yes but jospeh smith didn't find a book of golden wineglasses; he found a book of golden plates. and their joseph smith trumps your jesus
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:

yes but jospeh smith didn't find a book of golden wineglasses; he found a book of golden plates. and their joseph smith trumps your jesus

now if the mormons knocking on my door started their salespitch with that creative statement, I might actually listen.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

If anyone is looking for a costume idea...

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:If anyone is looking for a costume idea...

That's fantastic. :kudos
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby mod6A on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm

he is giving a presser right now at the combine on nfl network.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Sanity Restored...

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/...eo-is-gay/

so is EO gay or not? I'm in the mood for some mashed potatoes but I don't want to admit it until I know the board's position on this.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/...eo-is-gay/

so is EO gay or not? I'm in the mood for some mashed potatoes but I don't want to admit it until I know the board's position on this.

this website had been a molestation from the very start. as a result, we know EO is at least 50% gay
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Manti apparently has an imaginary 4.5 40-time to go along with his "girl"friend.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... he-combine

I can't believe the press (ESPN, NFL Network, etc.) all are still giving him a pass. "That 40-time is easily explained away due to all the demands of the NFL combine." As if no one else performed under similar "going to bed late/waking up early" situations. I also, can't believe no one has called him out for lying about his previous 40-times (after causing a National scandal for lying about his girlfriend). However, those with skin in the game (i.e. NFL teams who are being asked to pay him millions of dollars) aren't as easy on him.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog ... teo-is-gay

When I watched him run, I immediately thought about these two clips:

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Manti apparently has an imaginary 4.5 40-time to go along with his "girl"friend.

I can't believe the press (ESPN, NFL Network, etc.) all are still giving him a pass. "That 40-time is easily explained away due to all the demands of the NFL combine." As if no one else performed under similar "going to bed late/waking up early" situations. I also, can't believe no one has called him out for lying about his previous 40-times (after causing a National scandal for lying about his girlfriend). However, those with skin in the game (i.e. NFL teams who are being asked to pay him millions of dollars) aren't as easy on him.

The whole part of that article about "they can't ask if he's gay" - why don't they just ask if he was molested as a child? If so, there's a 50% chance that he's gay.

But seriously, his 40 time is just the latest red flag. I hope he comes to New York so we can watch this idiot sweat in the green room for the entire first night.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Manti apparently has an imaginary 4.5 40-time to go along with his "girl"friend.

The whole part of that article about "they can't ask if he's gay" - why don't they just ask if he was molested as a child? If so, there's a 50% chance that he's gay.

But seriously, his 40 time is just the latest red flag. I hope he comes to New York so we can watch this idiot sweat in the green room for the entire first night.

Everyone who watched college FB this year knew that Teo had terrible measurables. His combine should not have surprised anyone. However, what made him still a potential first rounder was his intangibles (e.g. leadership, solid citizen, etc.). That is why the fake-girlfriend-thing is such a HUGE deal for him (as opposed to someone like Dee Milliner).

At some level, you can sympathize with Teo. He's likely a gay man brought up in 3 societies that denounce such an existence (Mormons, Catholics and Football Players). He told some lies and tried to get out of it by using a fake medical condition as an excuse. Grown men have been known to do the same (see, the midget teaching Football For Dummies in the Copley Marriott this weekend). The part that I absolutely dispise about Teo is that he rode that story... and the sympathy it inspired... to personal glory. Without the "my girlfriend died but he's soldiering on" meme, the kid doesn't win the Butkus and certainly is not a finalist for the Heisman.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Everyone who watched college FB this year knew that Teo had terrible measurables. His combine should not have surprised anyone. However, what made him still a potential first rounder was his intangibles (e.g. leadership, solid citizen, etc.). That is why the fake-girlfriend-thing is such a HUGE deal for him (as opposed to someone like Dee Milliner).

At some level, you can sympathize with Teo. He's likely a gay man brought up in 3 societies that denounce such an existence (Mormons, Catholics and Football Players). He told some lies and tried to get out of it by using a fake medical condition as an excuse. Grown men have been known to do the same (see, the midget teaching Football For Dummies in the Copley Marriott this weekend). The part that I absolutely dispise about Teo is that he rode that story... and the sympathy it inspired... to personal glory. Without the "my girlfriend died but he's soldiering on" meme, the kid doesn't win the Butkus and certainly is not a finalist for the Heisman.

Wait, coach flip is ghey? :shock:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Wait, coach flip is ghey? :shock:

Oh... what? You thought it normal that Ravo would go on vacation with Flip????
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Wait, coach flip is ghey? :shock:

Oh... what? You thought it normal that Ravo would go on vacation with Flip????

I thought the wives were there?

p and s. suddenly, all those creepy handshakes from coach ghey make a lot more sense now.... :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I need a ruling. So if a young man was molested by his female teacher or female babysitter - does he have a 50% chance of being gay as well?

Or would he have a 75% chance of becoming a stud?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

50% gay.

25% gay stud/25% straight stud
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I need a ruling. So if a young man was molested by his female teacher or female babysitter - does he have a 50% chance of being gay as well?

Or would he have a 75% chance of becoming a stud?

does P in V count as molestation if the young man is 13 or older? what about F in the A (either way) or T in the A? and what if it's the young man's idea? (the A stuff?)

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm

ESPN just held a televised party to congratulate Manti for "proving the doubters wrong" by running .06 better than his clearly erroneous combine time.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/ ... sh-pro-day
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

ESPN just held a televised party to congratulate Manti for "proving the doubters wrong" by running .06 better than his clearly erroneous combine time.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/ ... sh-pro-day

I caught some of the ESPN nob slobbering yesterday. Is this ESPN kissing up to ND or is it just about what the viewers want to see?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

I really think it's just what viewers want to see. Although they are mostly idiots, Notre Dame fans are plentiful.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I really think it's just what viewers want to see. Although they are mostly idiots, Notre Dame fans are plentiful.

That and Teo is polarizing. The ND fanbase is large enough to offset the "haters," so covering Teo is going to get the two groups butting heads and talking about the story, which is ESPN's primary objective. Same goes for LeBron, Tiger, Tebow, and other sports figures ESPN chooses to give inordinate amounts of coverage to.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium