Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Even Blauds ain't buying Te'o's bullshit.
OK. Enough of the Manti Te’o story. The Notre Dame linebacker, embroiled in a controversy over a hoax over involving what turned out to be a dead girl friend who never existed, talked to ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap this week and re-iterated his innocence, arguing that he had no complicity in the scheme.
Te’o wouldn’t go on camera for the interview, which is also interesting.
Sorry. The more he talked in the interview, the less believable the stories sounded, with all sorts of weird tales. The more he talked, the more Te’o sounded to me like the  pathological liar Saturday Night Live character Tommy Flanagan  that Jon Lovitz once played.
The best thing that Te’o can now do is go underground.  Te’o's main task now is to boost h is status as an NFL prospect.  And there now seems to be some question about that as well.  As one college coach who has watched Te’o over the past few years, including this season when he finished second in the Heisman Trophy balloting,  Te’o looked like a solid linebacker but hardly anything special.
“If he (Te’o) had played for Purdue instead of Notre Dame, he probably would have been an All Big Ten linebacker and nothing else,” said the coach. “A good solid player, but that’s about it.”
But Te’o played for an unbeaten Notre Dame team and that was the difference. Throw in the stories about his dead grandmother and girl friend and you have a story that everyone bought.
The judges and juries for Te’o s story will be the scout and officials at the NFL combine who will judge the measurable with the character issues they discover and assign him a value in the NFL draft.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Deadspin's response to the Schaap interview: http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-int ... -wednesday

This is the last line: "Regardless of whether he's telling the truth, he'll soon see just how big embarrassment can get."

My advice to Teo: When the guys who just pulled your pants down on the 50 yard line of America tell you it can actually get worse, you need to respek the pimp hand and come clean.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 am

billyshelby {l Wrote}:Deadspin's response to the Schaap interview: http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-int ... -wednesday

This is the last line: "Regardless of whether he's telling the truth, he'll soon see just how big embarrassment can get."

My advice to Teo: When the guys who just pulled your pants down on the 50 yard line of America tell you it can actually get worse, you need to respek the pimp hand and come clean.

Do they have pictures of Te'o going Gay'O? :shock:
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Every time I hear the name Te'o I'm reminded of that Harry Belafonte song.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I'm not saying Te'o is gay, but he's definitely bi-curiousasopo.

This is fantastic.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I'm not saying Te'o is gay, but he's definitely bi-curiousasopo.

It's damn good to have you back.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 am

Alright,

Manti Te'o apparently spend thousands oof hours on the phone with the dude who perpetrated the hoax... and was changing his voice to pretend to be a woman the whole time:

Link

Notre Dame has really relaxed their admission standards for athletes. Also, I love how every news article is accompanied by the most ridiculous face of Te'o they can find that will almost confirm he is believes he has to keep his mouth open at all times or he will stop breathing.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 am

On Wednesday, a league source indicated that Te’o’s bizarre tale “will have no effect” on his stock, saying, “Just because he’s delusional doesn’t mean he’s not a good football player.”

I find that quote funny.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:On Wednesday, a league source indicated that Te’o’s bizarre tale “will have no effect” on his stock, saying, “Just because he’s delusional doesn’t mean he’s not a good football player.”

I find that quote funny.

Ray Lewis is a pretty good football player. I don't think he's lived in reality for a long time. So I guess thats not too bizarre a statement.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:On Wednesday, a league source indicated that Te’o’s bizarre tale “will have no effect” on his stock, saying, “Just because he’s delusional doesn’t mean he’s not a good football player.”

I find that quote funny.

Ray Lewis is a pretty good football player. I don't think he's lived in reality for a long time. So I guess thats not too bizarre a statement.

Nor do I. I just find it funny that Everyone's All-American has been labeled "delusional" even by NFL standards.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 am

what i enjoy more is that he's open mouthed as a west virginian in seeming every photograph of him.

maybe he made a face whilst talking to a dude "pretending" to be a girl and it stuck like that. transitively, of course
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 am

I find that quote funny.

It won't have any effect if he blows-up the combine. If he proves short and slow (which many are predicting), this will crush his draft stock because many were willing to overlooking his tangibles because his intangibles were supposedly off-the-charts.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Alright,

Manti Te'o apparently spend thousands oof hours on the phone with the dude who perpetrated the hoax... and was changing his voice to pretend to be a woman the whole time:

Link

Notre Dame has really relaxed their admission standards for athletes. Also, I love how every news article is accompanied by the most ridiculous face of Te'o they can find that will almost confirm he is believes he has to keep his mouth open at all times or he will stop breathing.

I take it as:

lawyer Milton Grimes acknowledged to the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”

+ Family upbringing + Mormon Faith + Notre Dame + NFL culture =

lawyer Milton Grimes acknowledged to the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”

Q.E.D.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 am

This story continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am

hansen {l Wrote}:This story continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.

does that also remind you of andy gresh?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 am

Also, I hope that Tuisssatoopoo or whomever was wearing a fake wig everytime he talked to T'eo in his fake girl voice. That would be great
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:15 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Also, I hope that Tuisssatoopoo or whomever was wearing a fake wig everytime he talked to T'eo in his fake girl voice. That would be great

i'm assuming the full-on bugs bunny routine

except for when he was imitating the beeps and wheezes of coma girl in the hospital

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Also, I hope that Tuisssatoopoo or whomever was wearing a fake wig everytime he talked to T'eo in his fake girl voice. That would be great

except for when he was imitating the beeps and wheezes of coma girl in the hospital

That is pretty much how I pictured it, too. Yes
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:32 am

except, as noted above, elmer fudd's mouth needs to be open
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am

The NFL doesn't generally mind if you're a criminal or a moron, but if you're slow AND a criminal or a moron? They'll mind that.

When everyone realizes he's slow and was the product of tipped passes and a dominant defensive line he'll be a fourth round pick. This makes me a little sad, because I was really looking forward to everyone comparing him to Kuechly, getting drafted in the top 10, and then getting someone fired after he flamed out.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

Aren't ladyboys big in Samoan culture, or have I just read too many TRE posts?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:The NFL doesn't generally mind if you're a criminal or a moron, but if you're slow AND a criminal or a moron? They'll mind that.

When everyone realizes he's slow and was the product of tipped passes and a dominant defensive line he'll be a fourth round pick. This makes me a little sad, because I was really looking forward to everyone comparing him to Kuechly, getting drafted in the top 10, and then getting someone fired after he flamed out.

It's going to be a damn shame if he doesn't end up on the Jets after all this.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Aren't ladyboys big in Samoan culture, or have I just read too many TRE posts?

ladyboys are chaz b0mo and the wolfman's domain. i'm into girls skanks in groups and weeners presented in a humourous fashion
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:This story continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.

The greatest gift ever would be if Tuiasalippo recorded their love story. That would bring me out of MSpaint retirement.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:...That would bring me out of MSpaint retirement.

i believe this as much as i believe a nospace claim of weight loss and/or story completion
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm

i believe this as much as i believe a nospace claim of weight loss and/or story completion

What about his microvag story? Did you believe that?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm

What about his microvag story? Did you believe that?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 pm

my list was not intended to be all inclusive but at your dual request i will add "nospace's claims of sexual dalliance with anyone other than his wife that he hates because she is the man in the relationship" to my previous statement regarding nospace weight loss and story completion
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm

i would also like for one of you websearch genii to produce the quotes of ge'o's claims of talking to her in the hospital while she was in a coma. the reason?!?!?

i'd like it explained how one dude in bugs bunny drag costume could fool an allegedly college educated individual into thinking that he was calling a hospital room and talking at a person in a coma.

seriously, how did that work? did ge'o call a new number that bugs bunny somehow provided (either through a family member or some other twitter type communication) only to have bugs bunny answer in a different voice claiming to be a hospital employee or family member (all the while running "hospital sounds" from er, grey's anatomy or general hospital in the back ground)?

didn't a previous interview or report claim that during one of the phone calls with coma bugs that some nurse piped up to say that upon hearing ge'o's voice that bugs bunny perked up more than doctors, nurses or modern medicine could accomplish? does this mean that bugs bunny created a coma girl dummy/real doll and then put on a nurses costume to establish a new character?

why doesn't anyone in the media try to put all these quotes together to try to point out all the inconsistencies and question the dullard about it? gah - its so frustrating
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium