Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:13 am

I just read the now-infamous South Bend Tribune pience and the Pete Thamel interview notes one right after the other. These resulted in articles written at the same time. However, the facts displayed in each aren't remotely consistent. For instance, in the South Bend piece, they met at the Stanford game in 2009. In the SI piece, she met him through a cousin and they had been friends for over 4 years. In the SI piece, Te'o can't recall how old she was or what year she graduated Stanford.

Also, in the SBT piece, Brian Te'o talks about how much support Brian Kelly gave Manti when Kekua died. He knows this because he saw the interraction on Skype. Which means that while Manti Skype'd with his family, he apparently had no interest in seeing the "most beautiful girl in the world."

In the SI article, he said he spent every night with her on the other end of the phone... starting in April... when she fell into a coma for her car accident which occurred in mid-May. So... let's forget the month difference between these consecutive statements. How about the fact that he alleges that he spent every night on the phone with coma girl listening to the beeping and whirling. This last for allegedly 2 effing months.

I actually can't blame Manti for not knowing this next thing. But, Thamel absolutely should have. There is no way she could be in the hospital for 2 months and sent home only to return a week later with the diagnosis of leukemia. Any hospital would be checking her blood work of a coma recovery patient who flatlined numerous times and is only alive due to a special new treatment the doctor wanted to try. Any such blood work would show abnormalities if she had leukemia. That should've been a MAJOR red-flag for Thamel... as was the idea that she then received a bone marrow transplant and was cleared to fly for the Wake Forest game. Everyone has seen what Robin Roberts has gone through... the chemo leading up to the bone marrow transplant... the very long hospital stay to make sure everything is progressing... the much longer sequestration at home avoiding all human contact. The idea that anyone could skip through the same in just a few weeks is something any adult... anywhere... should have seized upon. While I wouldn't expect Manti to know that... I would expect him to do a very basic internet search and discover how what he was allegedly being told was BS. Which obviously leads you to believe that he was in on it.

Finally, as for motivation... we've discussed the Heisman hype, the BS ND-lore and the ghey... but, in the SBT article, it actually provides yet another motivation... " The NFL is my goal, not my dream," he told his parents. "My dream is to have an impact on people. I think I'm doing that, and I'm not finished yet." Ottila Te'o said, "And I go back to that night at the Lott Awards. I should have known. It shouldn't have been a surprise to me, that his intention was to just unite as many people under a single idea of family. I didn't think it would get to this level."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am

Thought this is funny. From ESPN.com today.

"Late Thursday evening, an independent baseball team, the Florence (Ky.) Freedom, announced it would have "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Day."

As part of the promotion in late May, the first 1,000 fans will get an empty bobblehead box, there will be a pretend kiss cam for fans to kiss their imaginary friends and there will be an imaginary food fight in the kids' area, as well as an air guitar contest."
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 am

I heard she didnt die, but just broke up with him because she was dating George Glass.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I heard she didnt die but just broke up with him because she was dating George Glass.

Laughing.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

You'll crack this case yet, HJS
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I heard she didnt die but just broke up with him because she was dating George Glass.

Laughing.

I would make that joke at work, but no one would get it.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You'll crack this case yet, HJS

This was the funniest thing is this thread.

On another note, didn't HJS predict that T'eo's girlfriend was fake 3 years ago? RELEASE THE CHAT LOGS, COWARDS.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Laughing.

l'm a huge fan of Christine Taylor. :skank
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Laughing.

I'm pretty sure George Glass was Jan's "boyfriend".
Although I'm a Taylor fan as well.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}: In the SI piece, Te'o can't recall how old she was or what year she graduated Stanford.

If you were the reporter interviewing him for this story, wouldn't this make you wonder?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

My imaginary girlfriend works as a stripper to put herself through CCSN. Like most strippers, she is much more attractive in a low-lighted environment.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

Duchie... What's it been, 5... 6 years we've been posting at bc centric message boards together? How come yoiu never before told us you were funny?

Just kidding, I respect you. That comment wins todays internets.

Also, george glass was jan's imaginary boyfriend, named after a glass on and end table. She concocted the hoax to offset marsha rubbing in that she was banging yet another bmoc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am

Why add the shit about the car accident? Did he just want to rally around her recovery, and then decided to raise the stakes and kill her off with cancer?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:50 am

Had it been me, I would have killed her with sars, bird flu or dysentery (poop)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am

Te'os roommate needs to be questioned.

Q #1: Tell the truth, was Manti really on the phone every night listening to a heart monitor beep on the other end of the line? It's okay. You can say it. They all ready know.

Q #2: You and Manti are ghey lovers, right?

I'm done with this guy.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Watched part of three of the news talking heads tonight (Hannity, Greta & Cooper), ironic that Cooper is the only one hammering (no pun intended) Te'O and ND. Cooper showed a clip of Te'O saying "I will see her AGAIN in heaven"

Saw it too and Lou Holtz was his usual ND obsequious self. The guy has no credibility.

"Well ya know heth justh a great young man doin his besth in suth a tough situathion, he's an inthpiration to his teammates and he's really carryin himthelf well and ya know he playth for the Univerthity of Notre Dame and he almost won the Heisthman, and heth a religulous fella tho you gotta tip your cap to him because he's shown thuch pertheverenths in the face of tremendous oddth and Brian Kelly hath suth a great football team out there in Thouth Bend."
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am

This has boomeranged onto ND quite quickly. The Chicago papers seem to believe it is a foregone conclusion that Te'o was involved and are now focused on whether ND was complicit as well.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... z2IKpQ88EM
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Watched part of three of the news talking heads tonight (Hannity, Greta & Cooper), ironic that Cooper is the only one hammering (no pun intended) Te'O and ND. Cooper showed a clip of Te'O saying "I will see her AGAIN in heaven"

Saw it too and Lou Holtz was his usual ND obsequious self. The guy has no credibility.

"Well ya know heth justh a great young man doin his besth in suth a tough situathion, he's an inthpiration to his teammates and he's really carryin himthelf well and ya know he playth for the Univerthity of Notre Dame and he almost won the Heisthman, and heth a religulous fella tho you gotta tip your cap to him because he's shown thuch pertheverenths in the face of tremendous oddth and Brian Kelly hath suth a great football team out there in Thouth Bend."

Lou's imaginary girlfriend broke up with him in 1992 after she realized he was a classless prick duechebag when he ran a fake punt up 40 in the 4th quarter.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:This has boomeranged onto ND quite quickly. The Chicago papers seem to believe it is a foregone conclusion that Te'o was involved and are now focused on whether ND was complicit as well.

I will never think of boomerangs in the same way thanks to our resident tyrant!

But agreed ND is putting a lot on the line for this haka dancing moron
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Laughing.

Yes, just watched Dodgeball again last week, I want to lick her legs and work my way up.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:This has boomeranged onto ND quite quickly. The Chicago papers seem to believe it is a foregone conclusion that Te'o was involved and are now focused on whether ND was complicit as well.

I will never think of boomerangs in the same way thanks to our resident tyrant!

I think their immediate all-in defense of Te'o leads many to believe they were complicit a lot earlier than December 26th.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:33 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Duchie... What's it been, 5... 6 years we've been posting at bc centric message boards together? How come yoiu never before told us you were funny?

Also, george glass was jan's imaginary boyfriend, named after a glass on and end table. She concocted the hoax to offset marsha rubbing in that she was banging yet another bmoc

This board got too serious, I remember when it was all jokes, hookers and coke. We have gotten too old and grumpy.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Duchie... What's it been, 5... 6 years we've been posting at bc centric message boards together? How come yoiu never before told us you were funny?

This board got too serious, I remember when it was all jokes, hookers and coke. We have gotten too old and grumpy.

cue homojs blaming Spaz, gene, and/or Swofford in 5-4-3-2....
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I apologize to you DE, but SOLO-tailgating IS serious business and I don't foresee it stopping for next season.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

Here is a video of the girl behind Kekua. Gotta say... I don't think she had anything to do with the scam. Her voice makes me want to jab a letter-opener in my ear. Can't fathom someone would talk for hours on the phone with that.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/01/ ... dentified/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 pm

One of the best things from ndnation was the suggestion that mantis first interview should be with holtz, I could only imagine how awesome that would be
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I remember when it was all jokes, dead hookers, dwarf tossting, dog rape, no-anthestesia abortions, ethnic cleansing, and crack.

But then again, my memory is pretty bad.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Not yet. ESPN did a 10min piece at the beginning of the noon SportsCenter. Their conclusion based on "investigative reporting" - Te'O is an innocent victim.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

haha
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:One of the best things from ndnation was the suggestion that mantis first interview should be with holtz, I could only imagine how awesome that would be

I guess they figure the poor kid got duped into having a fake girlfriend so Lou can just step in and give him a big slobbery blowjay and they can put it on TV so everyone can verify he's in a relationship with a real person this time.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium