Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm

WTF? ND says Teo was the victim of a hoax?

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

I don't believe this shit for a second. At least its more creative than a mysterious-RESPECKT HIS PRIVACY-illness.
Last edited by Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

So he was a victim of a hoax and knew it as early as 12/26. I'm impressed they kept this under wraps for as long as they did.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Everyone who has seen the "Susie" episode of Seinfeld knows killing off an imaginary person will just cause even more trouble.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm

So you're telling me Manti T'eo, All-American and future professional football player/millionaire, had an internet relationship for months with a woman he never met?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Ken Jennings {l Wrote}:WHOA. I am no longer the most famous Mormon to invent an always-suspiciously-absent "girlfriend" in college. http://deadsp.in/fZ5POJa
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm just glad Manti Te'o caught that serial killer who's been putting red ribbons on his homeless Baltimore victims.

:whammy
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:25 pm

ND Nation {l Wrote}:ND - Imaginary GF
Alabama - Katherine Webb
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

@josh_levin: Brent Musberger: A.J. McCarron's girlfriend is real & she's spectacular
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I haven't seen it on any official ND page but people are now cutting and pasting this as a statement from Notre Dame:

From Notre Dame spokesperson Dennis Brown:

"On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

ND's statement:

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia," the statement read. "The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax.

"While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

This seems hard to believe.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Regardless of who lied... is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Te'o likes to take it in the 2 hole?

Just askin'

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:ND's statement:

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia," the statement read. "The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax.

"While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

This seems hard to believe.

Especially since T'eo claimed he had met her in person. Unless he was embarrassed to admit that he was in an internet relationship.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

would it have been better for him to have won the heisman, and have it stripped for some bs like this? i am just looking at the biggest possible besmirching :seanwilliams here.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

It never felt like a chance meeting, although it probably appeared that way from the outside looking in.

Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

ND is so full of shit.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Pretty obvious if you read between the lines a little that this dude has a gay relationship with the Tuiasosopo guy. A bit confusing why they had to create and kill off a fictitious person to put in the middle of it - I guess as a way of communicating without the gheyness coming to light.

Insane that ND is doubling down on this horseshit.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Regardless of who lied... is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Te'o likes to take it in the 2 hole?

Just askin'

hoping for an invite, spermbreath?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ClubMed93 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

All NFL teams looking to spend millions of dollars on a pathological homosexual please form a line to the right
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 pm

I wonder if Dick has recently played golf or had dinner with anyone who can get this poor hoax victim out of this mess.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

I have a strong feeling that Lennay Marie Kekua is one of Angry Ty's aliasses. It all makes sense now.....
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm

ClubMed93 {l Wrote}:All NFL teams looking to spend millions of dollars on a pathological homosexual please form a line to the right

the steelers gave kordell stewart lots of money. :shock

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm

question - can we still count this fake death as a murder committed or accessoried by brian kelly?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Did anyone pick Mani Te'o's career in the death pool?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:52 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Did anyone pick Mani Te'o's career in the death pool?

if murderers and dog fighting promoters can find a team and a huge paycheck i think a kid that lied about banging a girl while he was blowing a guy should be okay
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 pm

so he never met the girl AND didn't go to the funeral?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

I am hearing that Teo is likely gay.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:08 pm

so this all started coming apart on 12/26? isn't that about the time that the domers would have arrived in miami AND about the time the christopher huang disappeared from the world of eo?

if this were the maryann's board i would post a link to a picture of a naked hawai'ian and naked fat asianed man next to each other (maybe kissing, if i could find it)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes, this counts as another Brian Kelly murder.

Also, this is starting to remind me of the NFL draft-related episode of Party Down.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I am hearing that Teo is likely gay.

thats what i initially suspected. because and non-gay football player at any school would either (a.) have a girlfriend at the school or (b.) slay as many chicks as possible

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Te'o's full statement on the situation, according to ESPN:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to CONTINUED...

be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Te'o {l Wrote}:
"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman guy I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her him.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her him just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

fixed

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium