Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 pm

claver is the one on the... does it really matter, TRE?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm

So many questions.

Why the sunglasses indoors?
Does he have a concussion?
Does the glare from the lights bother his concussion?
Why does he have a teddy bear around his neck?
Why is that teddy bear wearing Patriots gear?
Is this the bear attack we have all been fearing?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TRE's Brother on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 pm

This is TRE's next of kin responding to this message because viewing that picture made his head explode. On behalf of myself and my other 3 brothers...

THANK YOU

Could whichever one of you that does the bad photoshops put those two disciples in the buggy instead of Dorothy?
Genesis 4:9
"And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"
TRE's Brother
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:54 pm

i'm not dead you asshole... i've been scouring the internet to find women that either one of those assholes may have kissed. so far i found their mothers and that's it.

why is the kid behind them wearing a 50's era muff
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 am

Hearing a rumor that the yet-to-be-named staffer is Lempa. I'm conflicted on this. While I really was hoping for a young uber-recruiter, I do like being right. If this rumor comes to pass... TIMESTAMP: December 19, 2012 12:59pm
HJS {l Wrote}:I have routinely stated that I am a fan of Heater. I hope he makes it onto the staff. That said, Don Brown is a very good hire for BC. Scratch that... Don Brown is an EXCELLENT hire. Not only has he consistently been a great DC. Not only is he known as a pretty good recruiter. He has complete knowledge of the ACC... after being Fridge's DC in Maryland. He was retained by HCRE, but soon left in February when UConn replaced HCRE with PaulP.

As for Heater, I will point out that he has always been a DBs catch and also was the RC at Florida. I don't know if he is young enough to be an RC, but I would be happy to give him a chance at RC/DB again. Especially, since it would mean that we are finally Ravo-free. Also... I think Don Brown and McGovern go way back... which could give some credence to the rumors of him staying on as LB coach. If Heater is moving on from Daz, you have to think that Kevin Lempa would be a likely candidate to return for his 3rd go-around at BC.

With the offense being Day, Devine, Frye and likely Rogers (assume WR coach), and the D shaping up to be Brown, Guvs and some form of Heater/Lempa, Daz needs to hire minorities for the RB and DL coaches.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Hearing a rumor that the yet-to-be-named staffer is Lempa. I'm conflicted on this. While I really was hoping for a young uber-recruiter, I do like being right. If this rumor comes to pass... TIMESTAMP:
[/quote]

Apparently, this was confirmed at the Gridiron Club dinner.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Hearing a rumor that the yet-to-be-named staffer is Lempa. I'm conflicted on this. While I really was hoping for a young uber-recruiter, I do like being right. If this rumor comes to pass... TIMESTAMP:

Apparently, this was confirmed at the Gridiron Club dinner.

Then why the eff did we wait until now to release the info? Are we THAT respectful of Pete Mangurian's Columbia's Football program that we would rather hamper our recruiting ability than sacrifice Columbia's class being impacted??? I understand waiting on someone like a Hafley or Ianello. I also understand waiting if your were poaching from a staff of a coach who you have a close relationship with (such as waiting on Drayton to appease Meyer). But, to hold off announcing a pedestrian hire of someone I predicted we would be the DB coach 2 months ago is ridiculous.

That said, I'm glad someone finally asked him about the unfilled spot. I'm just surprised that there was no follow-up like "why the eff the long wait on announcing?"
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby fs33 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 am

Any time you've got a chance to snag the coach that held Harvard to only 69 points you take it. Even if that means waiting a little bit.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Lempa is a bit odd, but he's a good hire. Very good teacher and underrated recruiter. He's not a slick sales man but he has a good eye for talent.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby gaelfu on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:46 pm

The amount of ties on this now-completed staff to the Spaz and TOB eras is simply mind-boggling.
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Lempa is a bit odd, but he's a good hire. Very good teacher and underrated recruiter. He's not a slick sales man but he has a good eye for talent.

Plus he had Ryan Glasper's back against TOB.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

gaelfu {l Wrote}:The amount of ties on this now-completed staff to the Spaz and TOB eras is simply mind-boggling.

BC's an acquired taste when it comes to football coaching. Some coaches are scared off by the cost of living in Boston and the idea of recruiting players who need to graduate. Others who have been here love it because of the kids and the relatively low-pressure environment.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 pm

So I guess tyree foreman stayed at Temple.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium