Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby Iggle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Other than Day, I don't see any real connections to Chip Kelly. So I have no idea. I really hope it's not Brown, that would be terrible.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:Other than Day, I don't see any real connections to Chip Kelly. So I have no idea. I really hope it's not Brown, that would be terrible.

maybe he's taking his old OL coach from when he was OC at UNH? Devine is still technically on the payroll right?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

If it's not Devine... and it is someone who Daz hired... it will mark a pretty unbelievably poor start to the Stank Daziani tenure. Losing recruits and coaches while not finding enough players and assistants to fill open spots. I view it as a red flag. He was supposed to be one of the top recruiters... an incredible salesman... someone who was respected and well-liked in the coaching fraternity. And yet... he can't recruit players or bring in staffers???? Those were supposed to be his STRENGTHS!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If it's not Devine... and it is someone who Daz hired... it will mark a pretty unbelievably poor start to the Stank Daziani tenure. Losing recruits and coaches while not finding enough players and assistants to fill open spots. I view it as a red flag. He was supposed to be one of the top recruiters... an incredible salesman... someone who was respected and well-liked in the coaching fraternity. And yet... he can't recruit players or bring in staffers???? Those were supposed to be his STRENGTHS!

Somewhat worse than usual post. How the fuck do you prevent a coach from going to the NFL? Also, should you avoid hiring a coach who would be a potential NFL hire, isn't that exactly the same as not hiring the best head coach candidate because you worry they will be too successful and leave?

The recruiting thing is also stupid for many reasons but not as bad as the other part.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm

If it's not Devine... and it is someone who Daz hired... it will mark a pretty unbelievably poor start to the Stank Daziani tenure. Losing recruits and coaches while not finding enough players and assistants to fill open spots. I view it as a red flag. He was supposed to be one of the top recruiters... an incredible salesman... someone who was respected and well-liked in the coaching fraternity. And yet... he can't recruit players or bring in staffers???? Those were supposed to be his STRENGTHS!

I thought that having people want our staff was a good thing?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Having people want our staff is a good thing. And, if it someone like Alberts or Frye... it speaks volumes as to Daz's ability to identify and cultivate young and talented coaches. My concerns about the staffing hires is more centered on the fact that we currently still have one unfilled position. Given the cavalier manner in which they fired and re-hired Washington to a position he has no experience in, it seems to me that Daz is struggling looking for people to take the job.

If it turns out that he has identified someone who is working for another school to be the RC, but is not allowed to hire him until after LOI Day (e.g. someone on Meyer's staff or an RC at another BCS school)... then, my concern will be misplaced.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Having people want our staff is a good thing. And, if it someone like Alberts or Frye... it speaks volumes as to Daz's ability to identify and cultivate young and talented coaches. My concerns about the staffing hires is more centered on the fact that we currently still have one unfilled position. Given the cavalier manner in which they fired and re-hired Washington to a position he has no experience in, it seems to me that Daz is struggling looking for people to take the job.

If it turns out that he has identified someone who is working for another school to be the RC, but is not allowed to hire him until after LOI Day (e.g. someone on Meyer's staff or an RC at another BCS school)... then, my concern will be misplaced.

Please take a break.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby garf112 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If it's not Devine... and it is someone who Daz hired... it will mark a pretty unbelievably poor start to the Stank Daziani tenure. Losing recruits and coaches while not finding enough players and assistants to fill open spots. I view it as a red flag. He was supposed to be one of the top recruiters... an incredible salesman... someone who was respected and well-liked in the coaching fraternity. And yet... he can't recruit players or bring in staffers???? Those were supposed to be his STRENGTHS!

I think we need to give this more than a month to play out. I'm not super happy about the start here either, but this is not...

garf112
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Where is the damned janitor? Someone spilled HJS all over this thread.

Edit: stupid autocorrect
Last edited by apbc12 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Any truth to the rumor I'm hearing that Brock will sneak in under cover of night and steal some coaches from Dazoo?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm hearing a rumor that Shafer is leaving to join Rutgers and Addazio will be going to Syracuse and bring Day with him. Any truth to this rumor?

It sucks that we have a staff that is highly sought after. We should have hired no-names from the Ivy League.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

This thread still exists?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 am

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm guessing it's Guvs:
http://m.coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html

That's the word. It's weird because kellys dc pick hasn t leaked.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

McGovern must be shitting horseshoes. As DC at BC he lead the unit to the bottom of all of college football, only to maintain employment after Spaz gets canned. Not only that, but now he may get a promotion to an NFL gig? I wish I could perform horribly in my job and end up in a better position!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

McGovern must be shitting horseshoes. As DC at BC he lead the unit to the bottom of all of college football, only to maintain employment after Spaz gets canned. Not only that, but now he may get a promotion to an NFL gig? I wish I could perform horribly in my job and end up in a better position!

Yeah, if it is McGovern, I will actually be pretty happy. Unlike HJS, I have been really happy with the staff Addazio is putting together, but McGovern I am not too high on (even if it is at LB coach where he was once good at).
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm curious what Daz is planning to do with the last staff position.

Also, if McGovs does leave, I wonder if there's any chance there'd be some staff switching like Albert to LB and Washington to DL. Just a thought.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 am

it is mcgoo.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 pm

My understanding is that it will be announced today.

I also heard Chip was looking to bring in both Bicknells onto his staff. Let's just hope he is prepping for his glorious return to the college game in 3 years.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC96 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Would Stephen Boyd ever be considered for LB coach?
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby sonof81 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Any possibility of Brian Flores as DB coach and we are waiting until after the Patriots season is over to announce?
sonof81
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:53 am

I really don't give a fuck about McGovern leaving. No need to have a holdover potentially gumming up the message from the new DC, such as when ALJ is confused when he hears the term "press coverage."
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 am

BC96 {l Wrote}:Would Stephen Boyd ever be considered for LB coach?

Pretty sure he is coaching his highschool team in StrongIsland.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC96 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BC96 {l Wrote}:Would Stephen Boyd ever be considered for LB coach?

Pretty sure he is coaching his highschool team in StrongIsland.

He's the head coach at Chaminade, after coaching the LBs there for a few years.
I figured an alum who was all-conference in college and all-pro in the NFL and is currently coaching at a Catholic school in the NY metro area would be a good fit on the current staff.

I don't know if he would have any interest in a college job, or whether Adazzio would have any interest in him.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am

I was going o suggest we hire Clark Lea. He is a young Vandy grad who was a LB coach with Bowling Green who is making a name for himself. Previously he spent a few years at UCLA. However, he was literally JUST hired today by Cuse. However, the guy he is replacing is someone we should have high interest in... Steve Morrison. The former U. Michigan star who played for a number of teams in the NFL (I remember the Colts but I'm sure there are others) was at Cuse this past year. But, resigned last week for personal reasons. It must be family-related as Shafer is a buddy of his. That said, it could be something as simple as his family hating living in Cuse. BC should check him out as it wood be nice to reopen the Michigan pipeline we used to have under Bick and Coughlin.

That said, if I was a betting man, we will likely end up with someone like Todd Orlando or Al Seamonson.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am

Devine also ends up with Kelly at Philly.

Sources tell me that former Boston College tight end coach Sean Devine has been offered an offensive quality control job with the Eagles.

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/294446138583547904
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:Devine also ends up with Kelly at Philly.

Sources tell me that former Boston College tight end coach Sean Devine has been offered an offensive quality control job with the Eagles.

Dawson is joining them there as well.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

ha, they are the offensive and defensive quality control coaches respectively. Patronage.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

As a Giants fan, I'm kind of excited to see Sean Devine have responsibility for the Eagles.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I'm speechless.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium