Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 am

Heater is a GIANT upgrade over any Defensive Coordinator BC has had in the past 13 years.

I also like Rogers. Discount double check.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:less impressive

not to accuse you of hyberbole but i'd accept "as impressive." not sure there is any way they could be "less impressive"

Right off the bat... Martin to Day and Bollman to Frye is a huge drop in prestige/resume. Whoever they bring in as LB coach will not be as accomplished as Guvs. Keeping Devine is an effing joke. All you need to do is keep Ravo as the RC and you'll have the worst staff BC has ever assembled.

I think Frye over Bollman may be a signnificant upgrade despite prestige/resume.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 am

Interview with Day on th new offense:

“My philosophy is to always be on the attack, always be aggressive, and to create as much conflict as we can on the defense,” he said. “We’re going to do that in a lot of different ways.

“We’re going to have to be aggressive, we’re going to try to play fast, we’re going to always be on the attack, play tough, play hard-nosed with a lot of energy, and those are the key components to being successful.”

Rettig is coming off a season in which he threw for 3,065 yards, by and large the most consistent option for a team that lacked an effective running game.

“He’s been through the battles,” Day said. “He understands the consequences of ­every play. I think that’s one of the things you can’t teach a quarterback.

“He’s a veteran guy behind the center, and any time you have that, you have a fighting chance.’’

But with Addazio’s background as a run-oriented offensive line coach and Day’s desire for balance, that will inevitably change.

“We’re going to spend a lot of time on running the football,” Day said.

“That being said, we have an opportunity to throw the football with Chase and Alex, and we’re going to do that as well.

“We want to be as balanced as we can be.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/2012/12/07/ryan-day-hits-the-ground-running-offensive-coordinator/OHaYMbBhw1BYCljvGR47nM/story.html
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:54 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

not to accuse you of hyberbole but i'd accept "as impressive." not sure there is any way they could be "less impressive"

Right off the bat... Martin to Day and Bollman to Frye is a huge drop in prestige/resume. Whoever they bring in as LB coach will not be as accomplished as Guvs. Keeping Devine is an effing joke. All you need to do is keep Ravo as the RC and you'll have the worst staff BC has ever assembled.

I think Frye over Bollman may be a signnificant upgrade despite prestige/resume.

BC's OLine job used to be a premier position... a gateway to real great career opportunities. The reputation is still that (despite Devine's noble attempt at destroying it). Daz could hire a ton of promising/established names. He has chosen his mentee. Nothing in Frye's background leads one to believe that he is a superstar. He might be... but, that falls into the "you gotta trust the staff" category (ala 2-star recruits). As our fool AD likes to say, "you can never tell the future." Stank Daziani may turnout to be better than Jags. Day may turn out to be better than Logan and Chip Kelly. Frye may turn out to be the next Magazu. Devine may have just been held back by Spaz all these years. I, however, think they all are suspect. While they will be given ample time to prove me wrong, I don't expect any of them will.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:Interview with Day on th new offense:

“My philosophy is to always be on the attack, always be aggressive, and to create as much conflict as we can on the defense,” he said. “We’re going to do that in a lot of different ways.

“We’re going to have to be aggressive, we’re going to try to play fast, we’re going to always be on the attack, play tough, play hard-nosed with a lot of energy, and those are the key components to being successful.”

Rettig is coming off a season in which he threw for 3,065 yards, by and large the most consistent option for a team that lacked an effective running game.

“He’s been through the battles,” Day said. “He understands the consequences of ­every play. I think that’s one of the things you can’t teach a quarterback.

“He’s a veteran guy behind the center, and any time you have that, you have a fighting chance.’’

But with Addazio’s background as a run-oriented offensive line coach and Day’s desire for balance, that will inevitably change.

“We’re going to spend a lot of time on running the football,” Day said.

“That being said, we have an opportunity to throw the football with Chase and Alex, and we’re going to do that as well.

“We want to be as balanced as we can be.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/2012/12/07/ryan-day-hits-the-ground-running-offensive-coordinator/OHaYMbBhw1BYCljvGR47nM/story.html

Run-Run-Pass is more balanced than Run-Run-Run. Yeah... progress!!1
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

BC's OLine job used to be a premier position... a gateway to real great career opportunities. The reputation is still that (despite Devine's noble attempt at destroying it). Daz could hire a ton of promising/established names. He has chosen his mentee. Nothing in Frye's background leads one to believe that he is a superstar. He might be... but, that falls into the "you gotta trust the staff" category (ala 2-star recruits). As our fool AD likes to say, "you can never tell the future." Stank Daziani may turnout to be better than Jags. Day may turn out to be better than Logan and Chip Kelly. Frye may turn out to be the next Magazu. Devine may have just been held back by Spaz all these years. I, however, think they all are suspect. While they will be given ample time to prove me wrong, I don't expect any of them will.

This.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

What do you mean "This."

It was a lovely non-responsive extension of bitching about every solitary detail of every thing that has ever happened ever, but Bollman was terrible Frye might not be.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am

Hansen PM'd me and said the site is running really slow and he can't log in, but to ask you for more information about these ass coaches. He wants to know what the required qualifications are.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Hansen PM'd me and said the site is running really slow and he can't log in, but to ask you for more information about these ass coaches. He wants to know what the required qualifications are.

Tell hansen they are length, girth, and hip fluidity.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

BC's OLine job used to be a premier position... a gateway to real great career opportBunities. The reputation is still that (despite Devine's noble attempt at destroying it). Daz could hire a ton of promising/established names. He has chosen his manatee. Nothing in Frye's background leads one to believe that he is a superstar. He might be... but, that falls into the "you gotta trust the staff" category (ala 2-star recruits). As our fool AD likes to say, "you can never tell the future." Stank Daziani may turnout to be better than Jags. Day may turn out to be better than Logan and Chip Kelly. Frye may turn out to be the next Magazu. Devine may have just been held back by Spaz all these years. I, however, think they all are suspect. While they will be given ample time to prove me wrong, I don't expect any of them

http://www.manateetoursusa.com/

They're so cute.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm fine with Addazio bringing in Day, but at this point Devine, Commiss, McGovern, Siravo, Rogers, and obviously Spaz should be nowhere near BC football.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Rogers was disliked enough by Spaz to get sucker punched. Isn't that worth something? Just sayin' is all...
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Heater is going to interview for the Temple HC spot

McGovern DC? :gun :suicide :gun :suicide
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Heater is going to interview for the Temple HC spot

Diaco for DC at BC
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:42 pm

That would be an absolute nightmare. The Addazio hire could be a decent one with good coordinators, but I'm worried about that now.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Is McGovern loyal to Spaz and if so might that create conflict with the Rogers/Day camp? Reaching for straws.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:48 pm

People here would like to see Barry Gallup fired??

That's effective stuff. Perhaps the problem BC has is the new breed of pus ball alumni we have...
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Exactly, mr a. How we he afford the polo hats
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Guvs is not going to be a coordinator again anytime soon. However, he has proven to be one hell of a LB coach and pretty decent when he is allowed to recruit. I have no problem with him staying on in those capacities... particularly since there is buzz out there that Daz isn't particularly well-liked with the North Jersey coaches.

Also... in fairness... it is hard to say that we have ANY clue as to what kind of D Guvs would run as Spaz never really relinquished DC (which is the risk with Daz on the offensive side of the ball... ever wonde how an OC who learned under Logan and Chip Kelly would only throw it 3 times in one game??).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:People here would like to see Barry Gallup fired??

That's effective stuff. Perhaps the problem BC has is the new breed of pus ball alumni we have...

I know multiple people who were varsity athletes at Northeastern while Gallup was AD and they told me he was a grade A asshole.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Mod34b on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Guvs is not going to be a coordinator again anytime soon. However, he has proven to be one hell of a LB coach and pretty decent when he is allowed to recruit. I have no problem with him staying on in those capacities... particularly since there is buzz out there that Daz isn't particularly well-liked with the North Jersey coaches.

Also... in fairness... it is hard to say that we have ANY clue as to what kind of D Guvs would run as Spaz never really relinquished DC (which is the risk with Daz on the offensive side of the ball... ever wonde how an OC who learned under Logan and Chip Kelly would only throw it 3 times in one game??).

huh?
Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal knows plenty about Boston College, of course. And he knows Addazio well enough to speak about him with authority.

"I've obviously known Steve for a while and he's a very emotional, passionate coach," Toal said. "I think it's a great fit. I think his style is going to be good. He was once a high school coach so he understands young kids and dealing with freshmen.

"I thought he did quite a job over at Temple and trying to adapt to the Big East. He's obviously been around. He's been at Notre Dame, Florida and some great schools.

"He's a hard-nosed guy. He's not going to compromise. He'll do things the right way and I think he's a great hire in so many ways."

Mod34b

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Guvs is not going to be a coordinator again anytime soon. However, he has proven to be one hell of a LB coach and pretty decent when he is allowed to recruit. I have no problem with him staying on in those capacities... particularly since there is buzz out there that Daz isn't particularly well-liked with the North Jersey coaches.

huh?
Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal knows plenty about Boston College, of course. And he knows Addazio well enough to speak about him with authority.

"I've obviously known Steve for a while and he's a very emotional, passionate coach," Toal said. "I think it's a great fit. I think his style is going to be good. He was once a high school coach so he understands young kids and dealing with freshmen.

"I thought he did quite a job over at Temple and trying to adapt to the Big East. He's obviously been around. He's been at Notre Dame, Florida and some great schools.

"He's a hard-nosed guy. He's not going to compromise. He'll do things the right way and I think he's a great hire in so many ways."

A poster on EA said that another Rutgers poster on a different rivals board said that NJ coaches don't like Addazio. I don't have any reason to believe this to be the case.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Guvs is not going to be a coordinator again anytime soon. However, he has proven to be one hell of a LB coach and pretty decent when he is allowed to recruit. I have no problem with him staying on in those capacities... particularly since there is buzz out there that Daz isn't particularly well-liked with the North Jersey coaches.

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:A poster on EA said that another Rutgers poster on a different rivals board said that NJ coaches don't like Addazio. I don't have any reason to believe this to be the case.

There's been no bigger winner in the conference expansion game than Rutgres. It's amazing they still care enough to make up anything they can to slight BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:15 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm

I guess my quesiton is whether Guvs will be coordinator any time soon.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:I guess my quesiton is whether Guvs will be coordinator any time soon.

wonder this as well. wish someone would address it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:A poster on EA said that another Rutgers poster on a different rivals board said that NJ coaches don't like Addazio. I don't have any reason to believe this to be the case.

There's been no bigger winner in the conference expansion game than Rutgres. It's amazing they still care enough to make up anything they can to slight BC.

My info comes doesn't come from a poster on any message board/blog.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Straight from TGOSB.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby garf112 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Straight from TGOSB.

Sounds more like AJG.
garf112
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium