Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby durkcal on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Addazio's coordinator choices are VERY disappointing. Day - REALLY? If our O sucks next year, that could be the start of a short 3 year tenure for DAZ. Martin would have been a better choice.

I'll be willing to give Heater a chance. I would have liked to have seen someone younger and more imaginative.

I was OK with the Daz hire, but BC has too deep of a whole for a strong leader and recruiter to dig out of with a crappy staff.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby sonof81 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Anyone else concerned about the lack of news on this front?
sonof81
n00b

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm

sonof81 {l Wrote}:Anyone else concerned about the lack of news on this front?

I'm more concerned about the AD hire and the HC hire.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:

i am still concerned that our lack of RV parking will get us kicked out of the acc.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Day doesn't do much for me but I guess it could be much worse. For me it's Devine (most importantly because he's horrible and not a good recruiter as everyone says), Commisiong, and Siravo that HAVE to go. It's too bad Martin couldn't stay on one more year as a QB coach or something to help chase in his last year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am

mod6A {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

i am still concerned that our lack of RV parking will get us kicked out of the acc.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

That's why you should be concerned about the AD hire as well.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 am

The ultimate responsibility for both the offense and defense rests with the head coach. The DC may want to blitz every down, but if the boss don't like it, it ain't gonna happen. The OC will implement the overall offensive strategy of the head coach. So if the OC wants to throw on every down, it will not happen unless the head coach wants it.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Article on TOS stated that Frye went and talked to an OLine recruit from MA. Guess he is on board the HMS Ginzo.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 am

Any word on Heater's interview with Temple? Didn't it take place nearly a week ago?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Article on TOS stated that Frye went and talked to an OLine recruit from MA. Guess he is on board the HMS Ginzo.

Isn't it pretty unbelievable that TOS didn't even have an article mentioning his hire and that it is only found in a recruits quote?

amateur hour.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:26 pm

AJG saying McGovern may stay on as LB coach.

Although there has been no official announcement, new Boston College football coach Steve Addazio is focusing on retaining current BC defensive coordinator Bill McGovern–as the Eagles’ linebacker coach.
According to sources at BC, Addazio liked McGovern’s ties in New Jersey, which has been a fertile area for BC recruiting in the past.
If McGovern is retained, that would be two assistant coaches from former BC coach Frank Spaziani’s staff at The Heights. Addazio has already said that former BC wide receiver coach Ryan Day would be the Eagles’ offensive coordinator.
There is no definitive word if former BC offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers will be coming to Boston as the Eagles’ QB coach.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:AJG saying McGovern may stay on as LB coach.

Although there has been no official announcement, new Boston College football coach Steve Addazio is focusing on retaining current BC defensive coordinator Bill McGovern–as the Eagles’ linebacker coach.
According to sources at BC, Addazio liked McGovern’s ties in New Jersey, which has been a fertile area for BC recruiting in the past.
If McGovern is retained, that would be two assistant coaches from former BC coach Frank Spaziani’s staff at The Heights. Addazio has already said that former BC wide receiver coach Ryan Day would be the Eagles’ offensive coordinator.
There is no definitive word if former BC offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers will be coming to Boston as the Eagles’ QB coach.

I am surprisingly OK with this, he flourished in that position, but showed he couldnt go higher. If he is ok with the step back, I am ok with it. I liked him and his NJ recruiting. Its going to be hard going in NJ with RU in the B1G.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I am surprisingly OK with this, he flourished in that position, but showed he couldnt go higher. If he is ok with the step back, I am ok with it. I liked him and his NJ recruiting. Its going to be hard going in NJ with RU in the B1G.

I'm also ok with this, he's not a bad recruiter...and he's proven he can coach LB's
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I'm also ok with this, he's not a bad recruiter...and he's proven he can coach LB's

I'd say that he was the team's best recruiter when he was not handcuffed by :spaz2 ... who never had to double as a position coach, and who never recruited as a coordinator.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I'd say that he was the team's best recruiter when he was not handcuffed by :spaz2 ... who never had to double as a position coach, and who never recruited as a coordinator.

Good move for Daz.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I want to know if Heater is coming over here as DC
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am

I don't want McGovern as a DC. I'm fine with him as a LB coach (which he's proven excellent at) and so long as he is allowed back on the road (Spaz took him off the road and left Jersey to be recruited by others).

All that said, I question the accuracy of Blauds' post.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 am

BC's unwillingness to move on from the Tom O'Brien era continues to baffle me.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't want McGovern as a DC. I'm fine with him as a LB coach (which he's proven excellent at) and so long as he is allowed back on the road (Spaz took him off the road and left Jersey to be recruited by others).

All that said, I question the accuracy of Blauds' post.

No wonder BC's recruiting in NJ has sucked serious balls over the past 4-5 years. Thank God for OH recruiting to make up the difference or we would have been stuck with 2-10 seasons the past 4 years...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:BC's unwillingness to move on from the Tom O'Brien era continues to baffle me.

Same here. WTF.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:BC's unwillingness to move on from the Tom O'Brien era continues to baffle me.

Same here. WTF.

It's really bizarre. Multiple ADs, but the whole picking a head coach who will keep the staff thing is still alive and well. I can't think of a college program that operates in a similar fashion. Like I said, you can see some sort of justification with Guvs... our LBs have been phenomenal and he was a strong recruiter for us in Jerz back in the day. But, explain to me what Devine and Siravo have ever done to earn yet another round??
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Same here. WTF.

It's really bizarre. Multiple ADs, but the whole picking a head coach who will keep the staff thing is still alive and well. I can't think of a college program that operates in a similar fashion. Like I said, you can see some sort of justification with Guvs... our LBs have been phenomenal and he was a strong recruiter for us in Jerz back in the day. But, explain to me what Devine and Siravo have ever done to earn yet another round??

It speaks to our Clownshoes Consistency, and when it comes to "consistency" it appears the one constant in all of this is Leahy aka Father Clownshoes.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Same here. WTF.

It speaks to our Clownshoes Consistency, and when it comes to "consistency" it appears the one constant in all of this is Leahy aka Father Clownshoes.

I've heard that there is also a group from the BOT that chimes in right-in-step with Leahy and Sullivan. It seems that they create an insulated bubble where decisions are made and supported. If I was a betting man, I'd wager that the BOT member who pledged money to help build the baseball stadium that isn't happening is part of that inner circle.

It amazes me that we get a new AD who supposedly analyzed GDF's missteps and was resolute in listening to friends of the program. But, instead wound up listening to the exact same fools to whom GDF kowtow'd. I have heard that BB was really taken aback by the shitstorm he received from this hire. How that effects him going forward... I haven't a clue. Does he become more stubborn about the hire (ala GDF). Does he have a quicker trigger finger? Does he not let himself get led down the primrose path by Leo, Billy and marin? Does he move heaven and earth to get us into the B10? Or does he drastically pay $4mm to hire Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart in order to make a big splash??? I don't have the slightest. I just know that BB thought the announcement would be a very positive day and it was anything but.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Bates being taken aback by negative response to the Daziani hiring.

Are others here with supposed connections to the program reporting the same thing? Atl, West, Bassy, Logi, etc? Would be interested to hear if this is the case or if it's HJSulation.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Re: Bates being taken aback by negative response to the Daziani hiring.

Are others here with supposed connections to the program reporting the same thing? Atl, West, Bassy, Logi, etc? Would be interested to hear if this is the case or if it's HJSulation.

I have said it before Bates underestimated or was oblivious to the hatred we have of all things Greasy Gene related.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Re: Bates being taken aback by negative response to the Daziani hiring.

I have said it before Bates underestimated or was oblivious to the hatred we have of all things Greasy Gene related.

as well as the tobias coaching tree and all the retreads frank addazio brings back with him
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Willis just tweeted that Smith isn't being retained.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Willis just tweeted that Smith isn't being retained.

I liked Smith, he has some potential. Coleman and Amidon improved greatly from 2 years ago
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I liked Smith, he has some potential. Coleman and Amidon improved greatly from 2 years ago

Why isn't Smith ringing a bell?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby joesim on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Why isn't Smith ringing a bell?

WR Coach
joesim
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium