Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 am

Boston College ‏@BCEagles247
Mike Siravo (DBs/Recruiting Coordinator) and Al Washington (asst to DL and ST) both still on campus and recruiting on behalf of #BCEagles
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 pm

I'd rather keep Devine as the OLine coach than Ravo as the recruiting coordinator. He is quite honestly the worst recruiting coordinator around. He has spearheaded the supposed terrible classes of Jags and oversaw the worst classes in the history of the school under Spaz. His continued presence better just because we don't have a replace my yet and he has no where else to go.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'd rather keep Devine as the OLine coach than Ravo as the recruiting coordinator. He is quite honestly the worst recruiting coordinator around. He has spearheaded the supposed terrible classes of Jags and oversaw the worst classes in the history of the school under Spaz. His continued presence better just because we don't have a replace my yet and he has no where else to go.

I'm certainly not positive, but I believe Washington is still here because he is actually being kept on, and Siravo is still here until Heater makes his decision to join as DB/RC. I don't think Ravo will be kept. But again, its just speculation from what I've seen.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 pm

I don't want to geek out over assistants, but I really hope Al Washington is kept -- he was a bright spot last year and I like having a football alumni on staff.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:23 pm

I haven't seen this elsewhere so I'll leave it here. Frank leonard recruited daniel Thomas from the dolphins to k state while he was there. It looks like his territory was fl and miss.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 am

We only a few spots left, I really think we need at least one guy with strong ties to the ISL. :spaz2 never did complete his wall.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Tyrone Wheatley was on Marrone's staff at Cuse. If he doesn't go with, he would fit perfectly with my suggestion to hire a retired pro like Curtis Martin.

As to someone mentioning that Ravo is here because Heatley is still deciding... fuck that shit. Siravo should not be on this staff under ANY circumstances. He an Devine are required cuts.

As for Big Al. I like him and would be OK with him staying as ST coach. But, that's only if they do incredibly well with hiring a DB and a RB coach... one of which has Midwest connections.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Who's coaching WR's?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Who's coaching WR's?

I thought that was Rogers.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Said it earlier in the thread....I think Brown is taking the secondary.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Said it earlier in the thread....I think Brown is taking the secondary.

Who's brown?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Said it earlier in the thread....I think Brown is taking the secondary.

Who's brown?

DC Don Brown
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Who's brown?

DC Don Brown

Ahh, really DC and secondary coach? I still think Heater will have the option to come on, this defense could use a secondary coach by himself.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby fs33 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 am

Siravo's wife is an adjunct at the Law School. BCLS sent out an email today that said the school was canceling her classes "due to an impending relocation."
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 am

fs33 {l Wrote}:Siravo's wife is an adjunct at the Law School. BCLS sent out an email today that said the school was canceling her classes "due to an impending relocation."

She is a BC and BCLS grad. I didn't know that he went to BC
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:Siravo's wife is an adjunct at the Law School. BCLS sent out an email today that said the school was canceling her classes "due to an impending relocation."

Didn't he play football for BC? or did I make that up.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

did you do sex on her during one of those stints? STORY TIME!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

did you do sex on her during one of those stints? STORY TIME!!!

No.

I wouldn't think the couple would pass up her pay check unless he already has something lined up.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Hearing Boston College is working to sign Todd Fitch, former offensive coordinator at South Florida, as their wide receivers coach.

Bio & Resume here...

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.d ... =204870680
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Hearing Boston College is working to sign Todd Fitch, former offensive coordinator at South Florida, as their wide receivers coach.

Bio & Resume here...

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.d ... =204870680

I wonder if he would address the Ohio recruiting at all? He went to college there and had a few years as a GA and then position coach in the MAC, but he has not recruited there since as far as I can tell. I don't think Iowa State, ECU or USF do a lot of Ohio Recruiting though.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Impressive (thuogh Holtz-heavy) resume. Raised in Ohio (didn't just got to college there). Have to hope that he has some recruiting ties in the region (though he has been only recruiting Fla and GA recently). Although... he currently has developed a Southern drawl.

Still need to get younger and darker.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Looks like he's done a lot of recruiting in FL and IL.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bc41irish39 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 am

@coachingsearch: former USF OC/QB Coach Todd Fitch will join the BC staff.
bc41irish39
n00b

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

Good work guys... breaking the Fitch hire here long before anyone ever heard about him.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:47 am

I am curious as to what the hold up is for the other positions now that the season is over and all HCs have been hired. I guess it could be NFL people, or more likely we are competing with other staffs for a few people.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

for the record Fitch was the offensive coordinator for the worst offense I have seen outside of BC in years last year. He had BJ Daniles as his QB who has been their starter for 4 years and he would drop back and aimlessly throw a bomb on every play last year. I watched a few of their games and their offense was hysterically bad.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:for the record Fitch was the offensive coordinator for the worst offense I have seen outside of BC in years last year. He had BJ Daniles as his QB who has been their starter for 4 years and he would drop back and aimlessly throw a bomb on every play last year. I watched a few of their games and their offense was hysterically bad.

Yikes. Thankfully he wasn't hired to call plays. I'll be happy if he can recruit; improving the WR is gravy.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 am

He's been an OC for like 10 years. But, we didn't hire him as an OC. We hired him as WR coach. That said, a lowly position like that is usually reserved for an ace recruiter. So, let's hope he can at least do that.

All that said... who Daziani should've hired was Rob Ianello. He was the ace recruiter for ND for years and is now on the sinking ship that is Charlie Weis's Kansas staff. I know there is no overlap with Ianello and Daz, but he is precisely what this staff needs... a kickass recruiter. Vitamin A may have been a great recruiter, but as head coach his job is to close. This staff desperately needs guys who can get top players interested enough to allow Daz the chance to close. While the staff looks solid, I do not see any Hafley-types yet... and that's a bit disconcerting.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:He's been an OC for like 10 years. But, we didn't hire him as an OC. We hired him as WR coach. That said, a lowly position like that is usually reserved for an ace recruiter. So, let's hope he can at least do that.

All that said... who Daziani should've hired was Rob Ianello. He was the ace recruiter for ND for years and is now on the sinking ship that is Charlie Weis's Kansas staff. I know there is no overlap with Ianello and Daz, but he is precisely what this staff needs... a kickass recruiter. Vitamin A may have been a great recruiter, but as head coach his job is to close. This staff desperately needs guys who can get top players interested enough to allow Daz the chance to close. While the staff looks solid, I do not see any Hafley-types yet... and that's a bit disconcerting.

Isn't (wasn't) McGovern the position coach a poor mans's Hafley type? Ianello did have very good results at ND, but he has not at Kansas. Mind you this could be because ND recruits itself or because Kansas prevents recruiting itself, I don't know. I'm curious whether there are many other Hafley types? I know most SEC schools and the FSUs and Clemsons of the world definitely do and I assume their recruiting ability stems from the ability to pay in large part and thus would be unhelpful, but Hafley seemed like kind of a rare phenomenon in the northeast. Larry Johnson is a very successful recruiter at a sort of NE school but he doesn't recruit the NE all that much. Joe Rudolph at Pitt seems like another one maybe. Vrabel is probably another, albeit not close to a realistic option. I think John Anselmo is the best recruiter at Cuse but he doesn't seem all that great. Rutgers has a few good recruiters still, but none seem too far above the others, maybe Dinkins?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Daz has two spots left. That has to be allocated among special teams (some have suggested that Daz may do it himself ala Beamer), DB (some have suggested that Brown may do it himself) and RB. He also has to appoint a someone as the Recruiting Coordinator.

Now that 7/9th of the assistants have been hired, two things seem to jump out... only 1 minority and the unimpressive programs from which they were poached (outside of Guvs, they all come from the 3 worst Big East teams (UConn, Temple and USF)).
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium