3:00 Press Conference

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm

UK Eagle wrote:He ... rubs off on the staff


I guess this is why he brought Ryan Day along.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 518

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby tallsy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm

It is what it is.

I wasn't impressed by the press conference performance. There's an argument to be made that this stuff works on 18-year-olds. I'm not entirely sure that's true, but it's been a while since I was that age. Either way, I think Addazio should be judged on his tenure at Florida/Temple more than press conferences, and that's a mixed bag.

Unlikely that he'll be a total disaster, and it's possible (maybe even probable) that other coaches who were thought to be better might not succeed. For all of our sake, I wish him the best.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am
Karma: 74

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm

BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.


Why isn't it believable? Because it doesn't fit into your notion of the only way a coach can speak with enthusiasm and win at the same time? Is there a direct correlation with demeanor in introductory press conferences and winning?

None of this is pissing on my parade...in fact I've stated BC could have done better with this hire...but not a home run doesn't mean a flat out terrible hire. I just think people are mad, so they have to be angry about every aspect of everything and further look for things to complain about. Rational people don't have to throw it all in one bucket that way.
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

UK Eagle wrote:He has what this program has lacked for the past 3 years; passion and enthusiasm.


Enthusiams...Enthusiasms...

Image
Last edited by MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -173

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby BCEagle05 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Fine, let's put aside the press conference. Let's talk about his background and what he is actually bringing as a coach.

Here are the facts: we are bringing in a guy coming off a 4-7 season at Temple. What we know about him is that he is bringing members of his staff to run the offense who 1) got very poor results last year at Temple and 2) did not contribute to much better results while here at BC. We also know that during his time at Florida and Temple, Addazio has espoused an offensive philosophy most closely resembling that of Dana Bible- a run, run, pass, punt philosophy that most here despised. I don't think that any of that is in dispute, is it? So what am I missing? What reason do I have to be on board with this, other than the fact that he really, really, really wants to be here? I'm pretty sure Spaz felt the same way, and I didn't love how that worked out.

It's one thing to hire a head coach who has been unsuccessful elsewhere and give him another shot. Auburn did it with Chizik. While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.

So again, what am I missing in this equation?

I realize Spaz was an unmitigated disaster, but have our expectations really fallen so low again that TOB-redux is the best we can hope for?
BCEagle05
n00b
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am
Karma: 3

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby micheagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
TontoKowalski wrote:EXCITEDETERMINED

One word.

IN CAPS. DRIVE. ENERGY.


i expect him to finish with "NOW LET'S GO BEAT UP SOME RETARDED PEOPLE AND QUEERS!!!!"

I have heard this speech before:
User avatar
micheagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 pm
Karma: 124

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby joemack13 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Wasn't it Temple's first year in the big east? My defense of him might only suggest that he's mediocre over bad, but it would seem his performance there classifies as 'uninspiring', not 'putrid'.
joemack13
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am
Karma: 127

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm

BCEagle05 wrote:Fine, let's put aside the press conference. Let's talk about his background and what he is actually bringing as a coach.

Here are the facts: we are bringing in a guy coming off a 4-7 season at Temple. What we know about him is that he is bringing members of his staff to run the offense who 1) got very poor results last year at Temple and 2) did not contribute to much better results while here at BC. We also know that during his time at Florida and Temple, Addazio has espoused an offensive philosophy most closely resembling that of Dana Bible- a run, run, pass, punt philosophy that most here despised. I don't think that any of that is in dispute, is it? So what am I missing? What reason do I have to be on board with this, other than the fact that he really, really, really wants to be here? I'm pretty sure Spaz felt the same way, and I didn't love how that worked out.

It's one thing to hire a head coach who has been unsuccessful elsewhere and give him another shot. Auburn did it with Chizik. While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.

So again, what am I missing in this equation?

I realize Spaz was an unmitigated disaster, but have our expectations really fallen so low again that TOB-redux is the best we can hope for?


No one disagrees with you really now that you sound rational. But his schtick is nothing but a positive. And he will be mediocre. No one has held him out as Vince Lombardi.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:37 pm

BCEagle05 wrote:Fine, let's put aside the press conference. Let's talk about his background and what he is actually bringing as a coach.

Here are the facts: we are bringing in a guy coming off a 4-7 season at Temple. What we know about him is that he is bringing members of his staff to run the offense who 1) got very poor results last year at Temple and 2) did not contribute to much better results while here at BC. We also know that during his time at Florida and Temple, Addazio has espoused an offensive philosophy most closely resembling that of Dana Bible- a run, run, pass, punt philosophy that most here despised. I don't think that any of that is in dispute, is it? So what am I missing? What reason do I have to be on board with this, other than the fact that he really, really, really wants to be here? I'm pretty sure Spaz felt the same way, and I didn't love how that worked out.

It's one thing to hire a head coach who has been unsuccessful elsewhere and give him another shot. Auburn did it with Chizik. While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.

So again, what am I missing in this equation?

I realize Spaz was an unmitigated disaster, how have our expectations really fallen so low again that TOB-redux is the best we can hope for?


Is this directed at me? If so, when have I argued anything counter to these points? This is just another example of people being so blindly frustrated that if there's someone who isn't shitting on everything about the entire ordeal, then they MUST be thrilled with the hire, right?
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby BCEagle05 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

You are absolutely, 100% correct that I am incredibly frustrated with this hire. I have now been venting nonstop for 24 hours straight. Blown opportunities will do that to you.

Ironically, I felt similarly about the Jags hire when it happened, although after his presser I remember feeling a lot better largely because we knew there was an excellent chance Logan was coming on board, and we were also told they were going to throw the ball around and be fun to watch (two promises that were actually fulfilled).

Today I just feel like we got opposite news with the Ryan Day as OC confirmation. So yes, that has absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth and has me less forgiving of Addazio's schtick in general. But I do hope that I'm wrong and that he achieves the same level of success Jags did. Just not seeing how at the moment.
BCEagle05
n00b
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am
Karma: 3

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Jags got a pass when he said he was bringing on Logan, Asazzio fucked up by bringing in a GDF butt-buddy.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9135
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1623

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby EagleWolverine on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I didn't watch and from this thread I know exactly what happened. It was I presume hilarious, as the mentions of dry handies and key bumps would indicate.

In cliches I trust. I hope they leave it all on the field.
EagleWolverine
n00b
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Brooklyn Zoo
Karma: 54

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm

BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 313

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:12 pm

BCEagle05 wrote:While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.


Yeah, THATS what made it work in the short term.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7164
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 pm

commavegarage wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.


Yeah, THATS what made it work in the short term.


By "upgrades in his staff" he meant JUCO QB transfers that dropped out of Florida.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby BCEagle05 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Fair point, and probably a bad example, but obviously Malzahn made an enormous difference.
BCEagle05
n00b
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am
Karma: 3

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.


Yeah, THATS what made it work in the short term.


By "upgrades in his staff" he meant JUCO QB transfers that dropped out of Florida.


Speaking of JUCO QB transfers, is this the time and place to remind everyone that Justin Tuggle is playing in a BCS bowl this year and BC is not?
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14953
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:While that ultimately didn't work out, it did at least somewhat in the short term because Chizik was smart enough to bring in upgrades on his staff around him. But i'm not seeing any evidence of that here.


Yeah, THATS what made it work in the short term.


By "upgrades in his staff" he meant JUCO QB transfers that dropped out of Florida.


Speaking of JUCO QB transfers, is this the time and place to remind everyone that Justin Tuggle is playing in a BCS bowl this year and BC is not?


In fairness, he is playing LB and BC has Nick Clancy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 pm

NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.
:pontif
User avatar
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm
Karma: 102

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm

SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.


His class at Temple last year was better than anything BC has had in ages.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm

SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.


How about his recruiting for Syracuse & ND? He was just as good there. How about the fact that both of his full classes at Temple were rated at the top of the MAC? When you see the same thing for 20 years it is probably not luck.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 313

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby BCdee on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Where can we watch the replay of the press conference? I want to show my husband.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 994

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.


His class at Temple last year was better than anything BC has had in ages.


That is encouraging of course, and by all accounts not surprising. If he's truly worthy of national recruiter of the year awards, let's seem him keep a Northeast kid from flipping late when a factory comes knocking (admittedly a tall task).
:pontif
User avatar
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm
Karma: 102

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm

NotoriousOrange wrote:
SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.


How about his recruiting for Syracuse & ND? He was just as good there. How about the fact that both of his full classes at Temple were rated at the top of the MAC? When you see the same thing for 20 years it is probably not luck.


Let's hear the big names he brought to Syracuse & ND, I admittedly don't know them (besides Freeney). The players he presumably recruited to ND put together some pretty weak years. Syracuse was good when he got there and decent when he left. I'm encourage by all the recruiting news, all I ask is not hear about how he crushed it at Florida.
:pontif
User avatar
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm
Karma: 102

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:48 pm

BCdee wrote:Where can we watch the replay of the press conference? I want to show my husband.


Here it is. That got put up fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHw_qj9Z4FY


And some additional materials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgEJ5uGT6V0
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:49 pm

SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
SJeagle09 wrote:
NotoriousOrange wrote:
BCEagle05 wrote:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.



He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?


Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.


How about his recruiting for Syracuse & ND? He was just as good there. How about the fact that both of his full classes at Temple were rated at the top of the MAC? When you see the same thing for 20 years it is probably not luck.


Let's hear the big names he brought to Syracuse & ND, I admittedly don't know them (besides Freeney). The players he presumably recruited to ND put together some pretty weak years. Syracuse was good when he got there and decent when he left. I'm encourage by all the recruiting news, all I ask is not hear about how he crushed it at Florida.


They have been posted. His recruiting track record is really unassailable, this line of discussion is just dumb.

Oh, and Diamond Ferri
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2423

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby BCdee on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Addazio had notes printed out in large font on white pieces of paper during the news conference. Wearing one of his Gators national championship rings on his right hand, he rarely just stood behind the podium while he was speaking.

Addazio said his plan on the field is simple: Play great defense, run the ball, score in the red zone, have great special teams and don't turn the ball over.

"I'm honored, I'm humbled, I'm excited, I'm determined. You're gonna get the best out of Steve Addazio, my family, my staff and my program," he said. "I'm proud to be a Boston College Eagle, and I won't let you down."

I would think any high school kid being recruited would be impressed by a coach with a national championship ring.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 994

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 pm

BCdee wrote:Addazio had notes printed out in large font on white pieces of paper during the news conference. Wearing one of his Gators national championship rings on his right hand, he rarely just stood behind the podium while he was speaking.

Addazio said his plan on the field is simple: Play great defense, run the ball, score in the red zone, have great special teams and don't turn the ball over.

"I'm honored, I'm humbled, I'm excited, I'm determined. You're gonna get the best out of Steve Addazio, my family, my staff and my program," he said. "I'm proud to be a Boston College Eagle, and I won't let you down."

I would think any high school kid being recruited would be impressed by a coach with a national championship ring.


He has two of them - so it doesn't matter if the kid sits on his left side or right side
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
Karma: 313

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 pm

BCdee wrote:I would think any high school kid being recruited would be impressed by a coach with a national championship ring.


as long as its on his finger amirite?!?!?!
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20650
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5704

Re: 3:00 Press Conference

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
BCdee wrote:I would think any high school kid being recruited would be impressed by a coach with a national championship ring.


as long as its on his finger amirite?!?!?!



:kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos
Cadillac90
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Karma: 195

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], twballgame9 and 8 guests

Untitled document