I don't mind the hire?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I don't mind the hire?

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm

......um.....I don't mind the hire? Anyone else with me?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Re: I don't mind the hire?

Postby whalepants on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 pm

I don't give a shit, either.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:......um.....I don't mind the hire? Anyone else with me?

Is it because he can supposedly recruit and you are a recruiting weirdo? THIS IS IMPORTANT

* i respect you
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Is it because he can supposedly recruit and you are a recruiting weirdo? THIS IS IMPORTANT

* i respect you

He had a good first year, and he did better than given credit for his first year in the Big East. He has fire when coaching and he can recruit. Isn't that what we need?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

* i respect you

He had a good first year, and he did better than given credit for his first year in the Big East. He has fire when coaching and he can recruit. Isn't that what we need?

I agree
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

* i respect you

I agree

I just think that everyone is quick to crap on him because he carries a lot of Spaz's staff.

1) Spaz couldn't manage a PTA meeting
2) Temple lost their 3 leading receivers and let's face it... Montel wasn't healthy the first quarter of the season.
3) They still did OK (could have done better, but let's face it Temple is Temple)
4) He's a legit northeast guy

Sure he took heat at Florida but fyi

So did Narduzzi at Michigan State and so did Diaco when he first got to ND
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:2) Temple lost their 3 leading receivers and let's face it... Montel wasn't healthy the first quarter of the season.

Ok, but Temple had its only real wins in the first quarter of the season....they went 1-5 to end it....with their only win coming over Army. The best you can say is that at least Adazzio can beat Army...
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby whalepants on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I still don't give a shit. I had no expectation that this new blow dry blow in AD would make a good choice. Boston College should not hire anyone from west of Buffalo/Pittsburgh. People in the midwest think everything and everyone are on the level. Leahy has been at BC for a long time and he still doesn't get it-- the city, the culture, the strange Boston Irishness. This Bates guy doesn't even know where he is yet, and the only guy at BC he knows at all is Leahy. Its Stevie Wonder taking Ray Charles for a walk. The last BC AD who understood the culture was, strangely, Gladchuck. And he got run out of town.

Oh, and one more thing... Get ready for Blase when York retires after 1 more NC or 2015, whichever comes first.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 pm

jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:2) Temple lost their 3 leading receivers and let's face it... Montel wasn't healthy the first quarter of the season.

Ok, but Temple had its only real wins in the first quarter of the season....they went 1-5 to end it....with their only win coming over Army. The best you can say is that at least Adazzio can beat Army...

No disputing that, but was Temple supposed to beat any of those teams this year anyways? They just don't have the talent. Addazio could have eventually brought it there. He was a great recruiter at Florida and he also had the number 1 recruiting class in the MAC for 2012.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Maybe we can poach some temple recruits!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Maybe we can poach some temple recruits!

I meant that more as in, nobody should say he can't recruit
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I meant that more as in, nobody should say he can't recruit

Wasn't directed as snark at you, more of an indictment on spaz
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:17 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:Get ready for Blase when York retires after 1 more NC or 2015, whichever comes first.

:suicide
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

He actually recruited some decent guys there this year. name that sticks out was buddy brown and I think Jared alwan, both LB who had BC offers I believe (brown did for sure). I think TGOSB said brown was the best recruit to ever commit to temple.

I will say this, and I have written this before on this board a while back, I know someone very hooked in with The Staples HS football team in Westport ct, with whom Addazio is very close. He has told me for years how badly Addazio has wanted this gig and how confident he is that he can recruit and win here. I'm willing to give him a chance, at least untill NLI day to see how he rounds out this class. I don't think he is the kind of home run hire that is going to flip any of the mass guys but I won't be shocked if he adds some decent pieces to this class.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He actually recruited some decent guys there this year. name that sticks out was buddy brown and I think Jared alwan, both LB who had BC offers I believe (brown did for sure). I think TGOSB said brown was the best recruit to ever commit to temple.

I will say this, and I have written this before on this board a while back, I know someone very hooked in with The Staples HS football team in Westport ct, with whom Addazio is very close. He has told me for years how badly Addazio has wanted this gig and how confident he is that he can recruit and win here. I'm willing to give him a chance, at least untill NLI day to see how he rounds out this class. I don't think he is the kind of home run hire that is going to flip any of the mass guys but I won't be shocked if he adds some decent pieces to this class.

His NJ pipeline will be huge for us.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I too like this hire and here is my point.

There are many on here who wanted Diaco and obviously I would have been fine with him as well.
However take a step back and compare.

Diaco is a Defensive Coordinator for the current # 1 team in the country, who is probably not going to finish as the # 1 team. He has been an assistant in College for 13 years. This the probably the best team he has coached and odds are they end up around # 5 in the country. His coaching tree is Brian Kelly.

Addazio is a HC of Temple with a record of 13-11 over 2 years & this was his first HC job. He had 15 years assistant coach experience before that. If we look at the same point in his career, prior to Temple one could argue Addazio looked even better than Diaco does now. At that point he was the Offensive Coordinator for the 12 - 1 Florida Gator who only loss was in the SEC title game to Alabama. During his time at Fla they won 2 BCS title. His coaching tree is Urban Meyer.

Additionally I have heard over and over again on every one of the sites that say recruiting, recruiting, recruiting….80% of it is based on recruiting.
So let’s look at the recruiting records.

I took the last 3 years of Diaco at ND and the last 3 years of Addazio at Fla. In that timeframe as Coordinator assistants:

Diaco signed a total of 6 kids:
1 x 5 star
2 x 4 star
1 x 3 star

Addazio signed a total of 19 kids:
4 x 5 star
7 x 4 star
7 x 3 star
1 x 2 star
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This. Connecticut is basically BCs now (not that it wasn't pre SA). I think he'll be able to recruit NJ well and is hopefully still connected in FL. I'm not as worried on the recruiting front as I am on the play calling side which was an issue based on people's opinion at Florida (although there were a number of other issues with players being in trouble that could have had an effect on the last few years of the Meyer era).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This. Connecticut is basically BCs now (not that it wasn't pre SA). I think he'll be able to recruit NJ well and is hopefully still connected in FL. I'm not as worried on the recruiting front as I am on the play calling side which was an issue based on people's opinion at Florida (although there were a number of other issues with players being in trouble that could have had an effect on the last few years of the Meyer era).

He doesn't call his own plays anymore, so hopefully he can bring some great staff over here and entice them with a legit ACC opportunity. Most people raved about the staff he had year 1 over at Temple.

He got Scot Loeffler to come over from Florida. Loeffler was QB coach for Tom Brady at Michigan. He was hired from Temple to Auburn this past season and well, you know where that went. He is currently looking for a job again. Not sure he can recruit, but he should be worth a look.

He also took Chuck Heater from Florida. Chuck Heater can really friggin recruit, he's one of the best recruiters I can think of. To get him would be great.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He doesn't call his own plays anymore, so hopefully he can bring some great staff over here and entice them with a legit ACC opportunity. Most people raved about the staff he had year 1 over at Temple.

He got Scot Loeffler to come over from Florida. Loeffler was QB coach for Tom Brady at Michigan. He was hired from Temple to Auburn this past season and well, you know where that went. He is currently looking for a job again. Not sure he can recruit, but he should be worth a look.

He also took Chuck Heater from Florida. Chuck Heater can really friggin recruit, he's one of the best recruiters I can think of. To get him would be great.

BRING BACK MONTELL AS OFFENSIVE GRAD ASST. ONE BIG FUCK YOU TO :pickle and :spaz2
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm

comparing diaco's recruiting at nd to addazio's recruiting at florida makes no sense for a litany of reasons. to name a few:

1. zero academic standards at one, serious standards at another
2. one is in florida. one is in rural indiana.
3. one has tons of hot chicks. one doesn't.
4. one lets you smoke pounds of weed without repercussion. one doesnt.
5. one lets you skip class and major in coloring. one doesnt.
6. one's coach is the most popular coach in college football. one's isnt.
7. one school was a haven to criminals (dozens under meyer). one isn't.

addazio's ability to recruit at florida literally tells me nothing about his ability to recruit at bc. diaco's recruiting at nd tells me a whole lot about his ability to recruit at a place like this.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:comparing diaco's recruiting at nd to addazio's recruiting at florida makes no sense for a litany of reasons. to name a few:

addazio's ability to recruit at florida literally tells me nothing about his ability to recruit at bc. diaco's recruiting at nd tells me a whole lot about his ability to recruit at a place like this.

Oh please. Get out of here with this shit. It's Notre Fucking Dame, they've NEVER had issues recruiting players. Sure, it is a harder place to recruit, but Addazio has still performed extremely well, and he continued to recruit extremely well at Temple. You're not going to win the recruiting battle between these two candidates.

You can tell me that you don't like Addazio's style of coaching or his staff, but 1 v 1 recruiting....Addazio would win.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Every time I click on this thread all I can think is..."I'm Ron Burgundy?"
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:comparing diaco's recruiting at nd to addazio's recruiting at florida makes no sense for a litany of reasons. to name a few:

Oh please. Get out of here with this shit. It's Notre Fucking Dame, they've NEVER had issues recruiting players. Sure, it is a harder place to recruit, but Addazio has still performed extremely well, and he continued to recruit extremely well at Temple. You're not going to win the recruiting battle between these two candidates.

You can tell me that you don't like Addazio's style of coaching or his staff, but 1 v 1 recruiting....Addazio would win.

1. i get nd is a different place than bc. but bc is a hell of a lot more like nd (both football wise and obviously academically) than it is like florida.

2. his temple recruiting tells me NOTHING. he was there for two fucking years. none had an impact on the field.

3. comparing ones recruiting skills in a vacuum is the work of rutgres grads.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

1. i get nd is a different place than bc. but bc is a hell of a lot more like nd (both football wise and obviously academically) than it is like florida.

2. his temple recruiting tells me NOTHING. he was there for two fucking years. none had an impact on the field.

1. This is true, but fact is either you can recruit or you can't. Addazio is willing to put the work in to get the players he wants.
2. Recruiting is different than talent evaluation. Addazio had the MAC's best recruiting class in 2012 in terms of rated players by ESPN and Rivals.
3. The whole reason this started is because you compared Diaco's recruiting to Addazio's. Also Rutgers* grad.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 pm

just sayin
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

just sayin

haha :81
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

1. This is true, but fact is either you can recruit or you can't. Addazio is willing to put the work in to get the players he wants.
2. Recruiting is different than talent evaluation. Addazio had the MAC's best recruiting class in 2012 in terms of rated players by ESPN and Rivals.
3. The whole reason this started is because you compared Diaco's recruiting to Addazio's. Also Rutgers* grad.

1. time will tell on that.
2. STARZ MATTERSSS!!!111ONEJUAN1
3. no i didnt. bassy did. i pointed out why it is such a bad thing to do. and yeah, that joke went right over your head.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

1. time will tell on that.
2. STARZ MATTERSSS!!!111ONEJUAN1
3. no i didnt. bassy did. i pointed out why it is such a bad thing to do. and yeah, that joke went right over your head.

Yea, I had never seen that before...I'll admit that
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 pm

I don't mind the hire either. Yes, I wanted Diaco. But if we weren't getting Diaco or Golden, I'd much rather have Addazio over several of the other candidates we were considering.

He is highly energetic and a good recruiter. He is much older than my liking, but he knows how to fire up his players, which is what we want. I'm giving him a fair shake.

There are plenty of Addazio videos out there. I highly encourage checking out his pressers and pep talks. It's pretty legit.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
He is highly energetic and a good recruiter. He is much older than my liking, but he knows how to fire up his players, which is what we want. I'm giving him a fair shake.

He's our very own Chucky the Chest.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium