Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:46 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You used to be better at this.

So did Sportscent er re
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:What is it like going through life without the ability to laugh?

I saw a movie about that once. Some weirdo hit the man in the gut with a bowling ball, and that cured it. Good stuff.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:54 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:What is it like going through life without the ability to laugh?

I saw a movie about that once. Some weirdo hit the man in the gut with a bowling ball, and that cured it. Good stuff.

I'm only familiar with the more recent cartoon adaptation of that film.

flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 am

Those people that did comment are idiots. Wow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:01 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BTW for a new channel you think they'd advertise what channel number they are

Took me forever to find it Saturday. Actually tuned into their sportscenter, way too many graphics at once :oldman

Yeah I had the same problem, I couldn't even figure out what channel it was until Saturday. You'd think they would have advertised that beforehand.

I tried watching their morning highlights show and got the same impression. I changed the channel when they showed the "WATCH IT!! WATCH IT!!" bit.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 am

At least they have a winning football team at this expense.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am

MD did a ready,fire, aim with this exit, the pres will end up in their Hall of Shame, hope ACC continues to keep squeezing their financial nutz, how can an athletic dept with no money afford a $50M penalty shot, asshole move all the way
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 am

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:how can an athletic dept with no money afford a $50M penalty shot, asshole move all the way

By thinking you wouldn't pay it until after you started realizing Big 14 cash, not realizing (like a moron) that the ACC would just retain over $35 million in your revenues for 2 seasons as self-help, thus further exacerbating your financial problems.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm

They did this for long term financial stability. There is a lot of short term financial pain in doing so. That doesn't mean that in 10/15/20 years they will look back on it as a bad economic decision. It's likely quite the opposite. To be clear, Loh's entire focus has been on the economic-side of the move. He doesn't care about tradition. He doesn't care about the success of the sports teams. All he is concerned about is his University not having to subsidize the follies of the athletic department. It really isn't unlike Leahy who moved us to the ACC... mainly for the academic and prospective student opportunities.

I continue to question whether the BTN is something that will continue to double the B10's TV revenues through strong-arming cable companies to pay insane per viewer subscriptions. However, even in a subscription-less format, the B10 is going to generate more money than the ACC. As such, eventually such a move will one day be considered profitable.

It should be noted that there are a few financial factors that are more difficult to quantify: added research revenue for being a part of CIC, stronger/weaker interest in the school from the elevation or depression of their athletic teams, detriment to admissions for trading a pool of students from a growing area of the country for one that is dying.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:23 am

Except for hockey which isn't an ACC sport, BC has the worst performing sports program in the ACC,no? Not just FB sucks.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 am

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Except for hockey which isn't an ACC sport, BC has the worst performing sports program in the ACC,no? Not just FB sucks.

That can't be remotely true. It's only the 3 relevant sports that are truly bad, and only recently.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 am

I know we're usually decent to very good in men's and women's soccer.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Except for hockey which isn't an ACC sport, BC has the worst performing sports program in the ACC,no? Not just FB sucks.

That can't be remotely true. It's only the 3 relevant sports that are truly bad, and only recently.

I'd say it is true for the last 2-3 years.

Baseball is in the crapper... nags Hoops sucks... we basically are the doormat in every other ACC sport: golf (11th), tennis (11th), track & field (12th), swimming & diving (8th of 9), softball (last), nags tennis (last), nags swimming/diving (9th out of 10), nags track & field (12th). Thanks GDF! Outside of soccer, hockey and sailing (all coached by the only coaches in the Athletic Department that pre-date GDF and whom he had not had a chance to fire), BC sports is the definition of Epic Fail.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'd say it is true for the last 2-3 years.

Baseball is in the crapper... nags Hoops sucks... we basically are the doormat in every other ACC sport: golf (11th), tennis (11th), track & field (12th), swimming & diving (8th of 9), softball (last), nags tennis (last), nags swimming/diving (9th out of 10), nags track & field (12th). Thanks GDF! Outside of soccer, hockey and sailing (all coached by the only coaches in the Athletic Department that pre-date GDF and whom he had not had a chance to fire), BC sports is the definition of Epic Fail.

I'll need a spread sheet. Congrats on your prediction.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My bad. I was wrong

See... it's not that difficult.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:57 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

how the hell would you know?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

how the hell would you know?

:whammy
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Shit, I'm good. I was wrong without having an opinion whatsoever on this retarded issue that you rant about by yourself for 4 pages, patting yourself on the back while Phiily Intern nips at your heels.

EDIT: well I guess I had a half ass opinion that was wrong because HJS did a survey of 5 of the 34 programs and excluded all the ones that were successful.

GO HUSKIES!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Shit, I'm good. I was wrong without having an opinion whatsoever on this retarded issue that you rant about by yourself for 4 pages, patting yourself on the back while Phiily Intern nips at your heels.

EDIT: well I guess I had a half ass opinion that was wrong because HJS did a survey of 5 of the 34 programs and excluded all the ones that were successful.

GO HUSKIES!

Mr. Strawman,

I mentioned 10 programs (excluding the "3 relevant sports" that you already deemed to be "truly bad") not 5. It should also be noted that BC does not compete in the ACC for all 34 sports... a concept that seems difficult to understand for posters with sheepskins from Northeastern or a SUNY diploma mill.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

GO HUSKIES!

Mr. Strawman,

I mentioned 10 programs (excluding the "3 relevant sports" that you already deemed to be "truly bad") not 5. It should also be noted that BC does not compete in the ACC for all 34 sports... a concept that seems difficult to understand for posters with sheepskins from Northeastern or a SUNY diploma mill.

You are awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

GO HUSKIES!

Mr. Strawman,

I mentioned 10 programs (excluding the "3 relevant sports" that you already deemed to be "truly bad") not 5. It should also be noted that BC does not compete in the ACC for all 34 sports... a concept that seems difficult to understand for posters with sheepskins from Northeastern diploma mill or a SUNY diploma mill.

You are awesome.

Fixed your post HJS.

Now you are truly awesome.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

GO HUSKIES!

Mr. Strawman,

I mentioned 10 programs (excluding the "3 relevant sports" that you already deemed to be "truly bad") not 5. It should also be noted that BC does not compete in the ACC for all 34 sports... a concept that seems difficult to understand for posters with sheepskins from Northeastern diploma mill or a SUNY diploma mill.

You are awesome.

Fixed your post HJS.

i would like to take the stupidness of this unnecessary "fix" to the prom and then behind the middle school to impregnate it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I liked the part where the guy with the UConn degree made fun of someone else's education.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

GO HUSKIES!

Mr. Strawman,

You are awesome.

Fixed your post HJS.

i would like to take the stupidness of this unnecessary "fix" to the prom and then behind the middle school to impregnate it

Obsessed...
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 am

All Players Unite

Some day, some one is going to write a book entitled "Killing the Golden Goose" about how college administrators (i.e. the worst businessmen) destroyed college sports. People like to blame the NCAA. But, the reality is that the majority of issues that are coming to the forefront now are from conferences thinking they are corporate entities. While P12 struck the best deal, the SEC and B10 are the ones who have openly and notoriously raped the system for every penny with no concern of those who provided the product. This is essentially how EVERY union was born.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... 2119.story

Administrators post on these boards!!

"So far, this is unfolding just as we expected," Brian Ullmann, the university's assistant vice president for marketing and communications, wrote in an email to deputy athletic director Nathan Pine on Nov. 18, one day after negotiations on the impending move were disclosed in the media. "We knew that in the absence of our messaging during this initial stage, most fans would react emotionally and negatively. That has occurred and clearly the message boards and comments sections skew heavily negative. Several of us placed comments on boards and media sites last night to help balance it out."
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... -cardinals

Louisville's AD informed the NNNNNNNNNBE they were leaving the conf before they had an offer from anywhere, onions!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9971974/gamble-ad-tom-jurich-saves-4-million-louisville-cardinals

Louisville's AD informed the NNNNNNNNNBE they were leaving the conf before they had an offer from anywhere, onions!

Why did Louisville have to pay so much more than cuse and pitt?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9971974/gamble-ad-tom-jurich-saves-4-million-louisville-cardinals

Why did Louisville have to pay so much more than cuse and pitt?

Cuz of the stupid tax.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium