Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 am

UConn and Cinci are getting desperate (not that I blame them)

Sources close to the discussions told Sporting News on Friday that one possibility to give the Bearcats and Huskies a home, which is at the early stages of discussion, would be a cross-continent all-sports league involving disenfranchised members of the Big East as well as the most prominent members of the Mountain West.

The proposed entrants would be UConn, Cincinnati, South Florida, Memphis, Temple, Boise State, San Diego State, UNLV, New Mexico and possibly BYU or Central Florida. Such a league would include football programs that are comparable and competitive, as well as extraordinary basketball featuring eight teams that reached the NCAA Tournament last season. NBC Sports Network is likely to be approached to gauge its interest in such a property.

In order to form such a league, however, UConn and Cincinnati would have to make some sort of profound commitment -- perhaps even a “grant of rights” similar to the Big 12’s, meaning they’d lose their media revenue for the length of time if they leave -- to convince the Western schools involved that they would not exit immediately if invited to join the ACC.

That could become leverage to convince current members of the ACC -- especially some of its more vulnerable longtime schools, such as Duke and Wake Forest, to invite Cincinnati and UConn now and bring the current conference membership to 16.

Because at some point, perhaps soon, the Devils, Deacons and one or two others might be left behind as ACC core members with more football power (Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech), larger fan bases (North Carolina, NC State, Virginia) and bigger markets (Georgia Tech) are swept up by the far-richer Big Ten and SEC and the slightly richer Big 12.

There is no short of awareness inside the ACC that such possibilities exists.

They’ll have Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville to help keep them company if several members depart, but would that be enough?

If they can get UConn and Cincinnati at a discount, why not move now?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-12-14/cincinnati-uconn-acc-big-east-leaving-conference-realignment-connecticut
Last edited by Walsh601 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am

The ACC will definitely move to add UConn and Cincy out of fear of losing them, just like they did when they added Louisville.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I see so many similar missteps under Swofford. From his first ESPN TV deal, to not caving to Texas/Oklahoma, to adding only 2 schools, to his handling of the ESPN renegotiation, to not getting Grant of Rights, to the caving of ND, to the adding of Louisville... it just keeps going on and on.

You know like half those things were definitely not possible and the other half are not very likely to have been possible right?

Since when has that stopped him?

My new favorite is the grant of rights. I'm just not sure how this would go.

Swofford: "Mr. Barron will you grant your rights?"

FSU President: "No."

Swofford you bastard!

There are 7 things listed... I'd like the brain-trust of 9903 and pedro to point out the 4 that were not missteps.

Once again 9903 beats me to the punch, but I will add this - the fact that you demand answers when you tend to ignore anything you can't or don't want to address is rich.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I see so many similar missteps under Swofford. From his first ESPN TV deal, to not caving to Texas/Oklahoma, to adding only 2 schools, to his handling of the ESPN renegotiation, to not getting Grant of Rights, to the caving of ND, to the adding of Louisville... it just keeps going on and on.

You know like half those things were definitely not possible and the other half are not very likely to have been possible right?

Swofford you bastard!

There are 7 things listed... I'd like the brain-trust of 9903 and pedro to point out the 4 that were not missteps.

Again... thanks for adding nothing to the conversation. You never disappoint.

Once again 9903 beats me to the punch, but I will add this - the fact that you demand answers when you tend to ignore anything you can't or don't want to address is rich.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Swofford you bastard!

Again... thanks for adding nothing to the conversation. You never disappoint.

Unlike you, I don't feel the need to reiterate points that were already made. When someone makes the points prior to me seeing your post, should I cut and paste it so that I can "add something"? MaybeI'll just start taking your approach of most words = value.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby whalepants on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Why doesn't ND sign up for the new Catholic league for everything but football/hockey, tell the ACC "no thanks" and remain independent in football?
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:1. The most obviously stupid one is obtaining a grant of rights because it is not possible unless the schools acquiese to it, which they would not and you can't make them.

2. Not "caving" to Oklahoma and Texas is stupid because it probably was never actually an option (it is also hard to include both this and "caving" to ND on the same list).

3. ESPN renegotiation is stupid because there was probably no path to the open market.

4. Adding of Louisville is stupid because it was the best move available at the time as opposed to UConn or your favorite, the Naval academy.

Adding only two schools as opposed to 4 may or may not have been stupid because the effect of adding more may have been more immediate poaching. I have a feeling that splitting money more ways and adding Rutgers and UConn doesn't make the football schools happy and probably does very little for the ESPN deal (the one w/o the path to an open market).

"Caving" to ND may or may not have been stupid, see unverified rumor that it gets the ACC tv deal up to the level of the Big12 TV deal vs. the potential that it pushed Delany's hand to add Maryland.

and we've discussed the first tv deal too many times to go into it again.

1. GOR isn't a fair one by me to even put in there. First, it is tied directly to the failed renegotiation with ESPN. Second, I personally believe it is less enforceable than the exit fee. To me, it is as much a show of solidarity as the President's letter. Nonetheless, I put it up there so thats on me. So that is one that is "not possible or not likely possible."

2. I'm not so sure what happened with Texas and Oklahoma. There were a number of reports that the ACC had conversations. Some say it fell apart when Texas wanted to keep the LHN. Others say it was the inclusion of OSU and TT. What we know for sure is that P12 voted and rejected the package to add them. The ACC was likely in position to make a similar move. For whatever reason it didn't (perhaps it was for the best, but I think it was an oportunity lost). Nonetheless, if you want to say that it was "not possible or not likely possible" fine.

3. It is a fact that the ACC renegotiated its deal with the ESPN for more money by adding Pitt and Cuse. It is a fact that ACC members were publicly critical of the terms and amount received from that renegotiation. You question whether there was a chance to eventually bring the deal to market. And, as a result, you think that it is "not possible or not likely possible" that the ACC could've gotten a better deal. I disagree. I believe that any contract of that magnitude has dispute resolution clauses that would have allowed the ACC to mediate, arbitrate and potentially bring the contract to market. Further, the fact that ESPN is now exploring the generation of new revenue through subscription fees through the establishment of an ACC Channel is proof that Swofford didn't get the best deal.

4. Suggesting that adding Louisville was a no-brainer because they were the best available, ignores the possiblity to stay at 13. It was entirely "possible" for the ACC to have stood pat.

5. Expanding to 14 is a bit loaded. It combines the idea that the ACC had the option of staying at 12 or growing to 16. Both were undeniably “possible.” You now are arguing that perhaps it could’ve been a good move to add just Cuse and Pitt. That may be so (though I think most disagree), but it is a certainty that the ACC could have remained at 12 or expanded to 16 should it have chosen to do so.

6. Not caving to ND was undeniably “possible” for the conference. Now, you again switch up the argument that it could’ve been a good move for the ACC to have added ND. Again, that may be so (though I think most disagree), but it is a certainty that the ACC could have remained at 14 (without the partial membership of ND).

Perhaps, what you meant to say was: I don’t view those items you mentioned as missed opportunities. In fact, I think those each were the right moves (except for the GOR and Texas which I do not believe were things within the ACC’s control). It seems that snark keeps distracts you from articulating your position.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:Why doesn't ND sign up for the new Catholic league for everything but football/hockey, tell the ACC "no thanks" and remain independent in football?

I always viewed this as a viable option for ND. It would not have been their first choice. But, the ACC charitably offered them more money and exposure by allowing ND to be a partial member... and the Irish couldn't be happier.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:1. The most obviously stupid one is obtaining a grant of rights because it is not possible unless the schools acquiese to it, which they would not and you can't make them.

2. Not "caving" to Oklahoma and Texas is stupid because it probably was never actually an option (it is also hard to include both this and "caving" to ND on the same list).

3. ESPN renegotiation is stupid because there was probably no path to the open market.

4. Adding of Louisville is stupid because it was the best move available at the time as opposed to UConn or your favorite, the Naval academy.

Adding only two schools as opposed to 4 may or may not have been stupid because the effect of adding more may have been more immediate poaching. I have a feeling that splitting money more ways and adding Rutgers and UConn doesn't make the football schools happy and probably does very little for the ESPN deal (the one w/o the path to an open market).

"Caving" to ND may or may not have been stupid, see unverified rumor that it gets the ACC tv deal up to the level of the Big12 TV deal vs. the potential that it pushed Delany's hand to add Maryland.

and we've discussed the first tv deal too many times to go into it again.

1. GOR isn't a fair one by me to even put in there. First, it is tied directly to the failed renegotiation with ESPN. Second, I personally believe it is less enforceable than the exit fee. To me, it is as much a show of solidarity as the President's letter. Nonetheless, I put it up there so thats on me. So that is one that is "not possible or not likely possible."

2. I'm not so sure what happened with Texas and Oklahoma. There were a number of reports that the ACC had conversations. Some say it fell apart when Texas wanted to keep the LHN. Others say it was the inclusion of OSU and TT. What we know for sure is that P12 voted and rejected the package to add them. The ACC was likely in position to make a similar move. For whatever reason it didn't (perhaps it was for the best, but I think it was an oportunity lost). Nonetheless, if you want to say that it was "not possible or not likely possible" fine.

3. It is a fact that the ACC renegotiated its deal with the ESPN for more money by adding Pitt and Cuse. It is a fact that ACC members were publicly critical of the terms and amount received from that renegotiation. You question whether there was a chance to eventually bring the deal to market. And, as a result, you think that it is "not possible or not likely possible" that the ACC could've gotten a better deal. I disagree. I believe that any contract of that magnitude has dispute resolution clauses that would have allowed the ACC to mediate, arbitrate and potentially bring the contract to market. Further, the fact that ESPN is now exploring the generation of new revenue through subscription fees through the establishment of an ACC Channel is proof that Swofford didn't get the best deal.

4. Suggesting that adding Louisville was a no-brainer because they were the best available, ignores the possiblity to stay at 13. It was entirely "possible" for the ACC to have stood pat.

5. Expanding to 14 is a bit loaded. It combines the idea that the ACC had the option of staying at 12 or growing to 16. Both were undeniably “possible.” You now are arguing that perhaps it could’ve been a good move to add just Cuse and Pitt. That may be so (though I think most disagree), but it is a certainty that the ACC could have remained at 12 or expanded to 16 should it have chosen to do so.

6. Not caving to ND was undeniably “possible” for the conference. Now, you again switch up the argument that it could’ve been a good move for the ACC to have added ND. Again, that may be so (though I think most disagree), but it is a certainty that the ACC could have remained at 14 (without the partial membership of ND).

Perhaps, what you meant to say was: I don’t view those items you mentioned as missed opportunities. In fact, I think those each were the right moves (except for the GOR and Texas which I do not believe were things within the ACC’s control). It seems that snark keeps distracts you from articulating your position.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 am

Boston is too big a market to be ignored.

For that reason, BC will be a player in big time college athletic for as long as we want to be a player. Of course, with Leahy-hoo at the helm this is not a guarantee.

Now back to your regularly scheduled chciken little programming...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:47 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Boston is too big a market to be ignored.

For that reason, BC will be a player in big time college athletic for as long as we want to be a player. Of course, with Leahy-hoo at the helm this is not a guarantee.

Serious question: If the ACC collapses, where do you see BC ending up that would allow us to remain a "player"?
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:Why doesn't ND sign up for the new Catholic league for everything but football/hockey, tell the ACC "no thanks" and remain independent in football?

Maybe they will depending on how much MD ends up paying to get out.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby whalepants on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, right. That's why BC is on your computer 10 weeks out of 12.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:

Yeah, right. That's why BC is on your computer 10 weeks out of 12.

I didn't say people in Boston actually cared about BC football just that there are a lot of television sets.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:

Serious question: If the ACC collapses, where do you see BC ending up that would allow us to remain a "player"?

B1G.

Yes,we are not land grant or AAU but I am sure it could be rationalized away somehow. It's clear that the only determining factor in all this is money and nothing else.

Note that I do want to be in that conference. I prefer the ACC.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Walsh601 {l Wrote}:

B1G.

Yes,we are not land grant or AAU but I am sure it could be rationalized away somehow. It's clear that the only determining factor in all this is money and nothing else.

Note that I do want to be in that conference. I prefer the ACC.

Ok. I wished I shared your optimism. Considering that:

A) The B1G already considered Rutgers and Maryland to be better fits than BC

B) Like you mentioned, BC is neither a member of AAU nor in a contiguous state with another B1G school

C) or the repeated importance Delany has laid on future demographics;

I just don't see how BC would be more attractive to the B1G than UNC, Virginia, GT or even Duke (not to mentioned what is clearly their Holy Grail -ND). Unless the B1G plans to go beyond 16 members, I hope the ACC manages to hold together.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:today is a high day of comedy at the puppy pound, topped only by when Louisville was picked over them.

It sure is. My favorite quote of the week was this one:

"Because of our success in BB we have picked up fans in NYC and surrounding New England. I have two grandsons in college one in Providence and the other in Southern New Hampshire. Last year after a family day visit in RI we went up 95 toward New Hamshire to see the other grandson. We stopped in a huge Outlet complex 30 miles into Mass.(BC fans yes its your home state). The only local college gear availale was Uconns. We are the only national brand in New England let me repeat We are the ONLY national brand in New England. The fools who say we have nothing to offer the B1G are misinformed or unimaginative.

So an outlet store in MA had Uconn gear but no BC gear SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not only can we conclude that they are more relevant in Massachusetts but we also can conclude that this "gear" being in a neighboring state is evidence as to the NATIONAL BRAND of Yukon.

I get a kick out of the Uconn fans thinking they have any presence whatsoever in the Boston market.

Either way, puppy pound is a great read today for sure.

I'll be sure to let the board know when the NATIONAL BRAND of Uconn reaches this part of the nation. Wouldn't expect an update for awhile though.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Well, I hope this is true:

Source: Notre Dame, ACC safe from another Big Ten raid for now

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A source has told CBSSports.com there is no current “list” of expansion candidates to be taken in the near future by the Big Ten. That would make sense to Jack Swarbrick.

The Notre Dame AD is simultaneously overseeing the exit of his school from the Big East and entry into the ACC. Both conferences are wounded in different ways. However, Swarbrick senses a relative sense of calm settling over conference realignment.

warbrick was the second source in two days to say that the ACC will eventually be making more money per school than the Big 12. That would seemingly put to rest speculation that Florida State is trying to get out. Both of those conferences are behind the Big Ten, largely considered to be No. 1 in conference revenue at the moment.

One source said all the major conferences are within $500,000 of each other, hovering around the $20 million mark per year in annual per-school payout. However, estimates for a future Big Ten have gone as high as $40 million per school when its primary TV rights are renegotiated by 2016.

One source said the ACC is in the process of monetizing its soon-to-be lucrative digital network located in Charlotte, N.C. Industry sources are split on whether the ACC can do a full-on network similar to the Big Ten that would be able to throw off profit in a relatively short period of time.

“The point is, the ACC is not hurting,” the source said. “They [FSU] would have to take a pay cut if they went somewhere else.”

“That's why I'm so bullish on the ACC,” Swarbrick said. “The ACC story still works, and the rivalries are great. That's what you're going to have to have with that future.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/21415170/source-notre-dame-acc-safe-from-another-big-ten-raid-for-now

The $500k sounds fishy to me, though. It might be strictly true, but the Big 4 make a bunch more money from their Rose/Champions Bowl deals than the ACC will make from the Orange.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:The $500k sounds fishy to me, though. It might be strictly true, but the Big 4 make a bunch more money from their Rose/Champions Bowl deals than the ACC will make from the Orange.

I don't understand how this can possible be true of the SEC/PAC or B1G, but it might be true of the Big12.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Mike_S on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 am

I believe much of the article may be accurate, however...

How in the heck is the ACC digital network going to be "lucrative" ? Further, if the Pac-12 network can't get on DirecTV, and the Longhorn network is struggling, how is an ACC network going to do anything significant ? Could they make significant income for 14-15 teams just from basic cable fees in North Carolina and Virginia ?

I think that the main thing the ACC should focus on in the long run is try to get/stay ahead of the Big 12 financially. If they do, and things evolve to 4 superconferences, the ACC will still be standing. I have no idea how they realistically do that though unless they either add ND as a full member or somehow forge an alliance to partner in one of the network deals with, say, the Pac-12 to get a more national-reaching network that can get a lot more clearance.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 am

Mike_S {l Wrote}:ge an alliance to partner in one of the network deals with, say, the Pac-12 to get a more national-reaching network that can get a lot more clearance.

The Pac-12 proposed precisely this to the ACC a couple of years back, before they got their mega-deal. The ACC foolishly (IMHO) declined.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Was at a BC event tonight and Leahy had a Q&A. Someone asked about the issue of realignment and the role of major athletics at BC.

Let me start by saying I was blown away with how prepared Leahy was on the subjects. He has a reputation here regarding sports and I don't know him well enough to CONFIRM or deny it but I was very impressed especially on his knowledge regarding realignment.

Talked about the state of BC athletics and the new hires (both Bates & Addazio). Mainly focused on football & hockey.

Talked about the importance of athletic success at BC on all levels. The value of seeing BC succeed on national TV, the new audiences being exposed to BC and how that has changed the student body (more Southeast, Texas & California applications & students).

Then moved onto realignment. Talked about BC's history in BE, the move to the ACC and the financial benefits. Lauded the ACC saying we are with peer schools with similar academic & athletic missions. Then talked about the Catholics moving on from the NNNNBE. Made reference to the 4 16 team conferences (could hear :81 jacking it from California) but says he doesn't believe that's going to be on the table for a while. Finished by asking if there were any lawyers out there as Maryland will be held to their $52 MM.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Was at a BC event tonight and Leahy had a Q&A. Someone asked about the issue of realignment and the role of major athletics at BC.

Let me start by saying I was blown away with how prepared Leahy was on the subjects. He has a reputation here regarding sports and I don't know him well enough to CONFIRM or deny it but I was very impressed especially on his knowledge regarding realignment.

Talked about the state of BC athletics and the new hires (both Bates & Addazio). Mainly focused on football & hockey.

Talked about the importance of athletic success at BC on all levels. The value of seeing BC succeed on national TV, the new audiences being exposed to BC and how that has changed the student body (more Southeast, Texas & California applications & students).

Then moved onto realignment. Talked about BC's history in BE, the move to the ACC and the financial benefits. Lauded the ACC saying we are with peer schools with similar academic & athletic missions. Then talked about the Catholics moving on from the NNNNBE. Made reference to the 4 16 team conferences (could hear :81 jacking it from California) but says he doesn't believe that's going to be on the table for a while. Finished by asking if there were any lawyers out there as Maryland will be held to their $52 MM.

I presume that its goes without saying that you informed the padre where he could find a few good lawyers.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

There should have been 2 follow-up questions:

1. What has happened to FB and BB under his watch (as we sure as shit ain't winning on the National stage)... I mean, he has been overseeing BC's disastrous last 3 years.
2. What will happen to the schools left out of the 4 conferences of 16 schools each? It's important to know exactly where BC will end up because of 4x16 is the end game, BC won't be a part of it.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:There should have been 2 follow-up questions:

1. What has happened to FB and BB under his watch (as we sure as shit ain't winning on the National stage)... I mean, he has been overseeing BC's disastrous last 3 years.
2. What will happen to the schools left out of the 4 conferences of 16 schools each? It's important to know exactly where BC will end up because of 4x16 is the end game, BC won't be a part of it.

It was a limited Q&A and you had homohumpers who had to ask about the arts program.

He also talked about the expansion projects and timeframes for each which was interesting. He said it was part of the agreement that no building on the brighton campus was to take place (baseball/softball field complete with toxic runoff drain to Eva's palatial castle!) before ground was broken where More Hall is on a new dorm.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Was at a BC event tonight and Leahy had a Q&A. Someone asked about the issue of realignment and the role of major athletics at BC.

Content is King! Only on EagleOutsider!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

It was a limited Q&A and you had homohumpers who had to ask about the arts program.

He also talked about the expansion projects and timeframes for each which was interesting. He said it was part of the agreement that no building on the brighton campus was to take place (baseball/softball field complete with toxic runoff drain to Eva's palatial castle!) before ground was broken where More Hall is on a new dorm.

The Heights reported that all offices were moved out of More Hall last February. What is the hold up?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:06 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The Heights reported that all offices were moved out of More Hall last February. What is the hold up?

I imagine they do not want multiple building projects active at the same time for various reasons.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am

I saw the one BCI guy's tweet quoting Leahy "there will be four conferences with 16 teams" w/o context and thought wtf? thanks for clarifying.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:32 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

vinny's still wrapping up an intenst game of bags and waiting for that pussy chaz to finally show up
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium