Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Postby AdamBC on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:27 pm

What's to stop the legislatures pulling a UVA/VT or OK/OKSt situation where if you take one you must take the other? I think that alone will cool interest on UVA/VT/UNC.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:What's to stop the legislatures pulling a UVA/VT or OK/OKSt situation where if you take one you must take the other? I think that alone will cool interest on UVA/VT/UNC.

That all depends on the timing. The Va legislature won't care one bit if Uva leaves for the B1G if VT has a SEC invitation on hand, for example. They would only get involved if one of the schools would be in danger of getting stuck in the Left Behind conference.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Also, as Louisville just demonstrated, having currently strong programs might not be a determining factor in the conference shuffle, but it's still matters.

So once again, a big hearty FUCK YOU to Gene and Spaz for destroying the football program at the worst possible moment.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 pm

The Puppy Pound is having a day of reckoning and self realization...it's kind of sad and hilarious simultaneously.

A sampling:

Wondering at the time how much of the local public was AGAINST the lawsuit? JC didn't exactly help matters in fanning the flames by declaring we'll never play BC hoops again.

I think what's pretty clear, is that among the people that really make the decision regarding this stuff, UConn has a public image problem outside of our fanbase region.

That lawsuit was ridiculous and never should have happen. You do realize without that lawsuit Uconn more than likely would be in the ACC instead of on the outside looking in. Blumenthal like to be in the media spotlight as much as any politician I have know. That is downfall.

UConn is like a leper with teams scrambling to get as far away from us as possible

In 2004 there were 64 BCS teams in six conferences, incl ND.

In 2015 there will be 63 BCS teams in five conferences, incl ND.

Guess who's left out.

Maybe we should let Blumenthal finish the job.

Do realize what has happened? This is bigger then Football. The entire Uconn Sport franchise is being systematically undermined. This impacts EVERY SPORT. It impacts licensing revenues, merchanizing, gameday sales, local businesses, and on and on. I even harms academics by reducing general applicant interest which has raised UConn's competitive acemdic standing. This is an unmitigated economic disaster for Connecticut. You have rank amatuers at the helm that have FUBAR'd this. It is literally criminal incompetence. Malloy should stand at the top of the list for allowing this to happen. This was very avoidable. Herbst and Manuel have to go. They alone will have cost this state tens of millions if not ultimately hundreds of million. TOTAL INCOMPETENT A$$HOLES in STORRS.

I'm trying to stay off the ledge but honestly......I don't see how this ends well for UConn. And I'll be done with college sports. Completely done if we end up in this sh!thole conference with these schools. Call me whatever you want. Done.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Anyone else think they kind of sound like HJS?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Anyone else think they kind of sound like HJS?

difference is they have a reason to be all homojsian
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

difference is they have a reason to be all homojsian

In fairness, HomoJS does have a degree from Yukon as well.
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Truth sounds the same no matter who speaks it.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Especially when you take every possible outcome of said truth.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Especially when you take every possible outcome of said truth.

Detailing every possible outcome is only for the ability to claim predictive omniscience regardless of which outcome actually occurs.

But after all the possibilities have been documented, HJS zeroes in on the ones that allow him to play the "Harbinger of Doom" role. Which he plays to perfection.

That being said, I want to go on record that I think HJS is a good read - adds a lot to the board - and he puts a lot of thought and effort into his prophecies.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Positive Quotes form the Duke AD:

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White says league TV deals are a real interests if his. Says Duke is helping the #ACC look into it

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White also said the #ACC needs to explore a Grant-of-rights agreement like the Big 12 has

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White also doesn't see further #ACC expansion or contraction. To him, looks like everyone is "locked in"

Grant-of-rights needs to be done
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:Positive Quotes form the Duke AD:

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White says league TV deals are a real interests if his. Says Duke is helping the #ACC look into it

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White also said the #ACC needs to explore a Grant-of-rights agreement like the Big 12 has

laurakeeley: #Duke AD Kevin White also doesn't see further #ACC expansion or contraction. To him, looks like everyone is "locked in"

Assuming you are from PR...

1. are you allowed to enter and win sweepstakes?
2. if no, do you think you should be allowed to enter and win sweepstakes?
3. do you think PR should be a state?
4. if yes, is this based on your answers to #1 and #2?
5. if no, is this based on your answers to #1 and #2?

kthxbye
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

kthxbye

I also have a question.
Is there any talk of the Big East taking American University-Puerto Rico?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

kthxbye

I also have a question.
Is there any talk of the Big East taking American University-Puerto Rico?

1. Depends
2. Yes
3. Sure
4. No, more because Amazon/Ebay don't ship to PR which is a bitch

Big East to take the University of Puerto Rico (Recinto de Rio Piedras) to corner the Carribean and Latino markets, also because they actually need members that are East of something
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Good rant by David Glenn's in today's rumor of GT to the B1G:

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012113014151/david-glenns-realingnment-rumor-rant.php

In summary, several schools have already been "pre-approved" by the B1G, including GT, UNC and UVA but nothing more than that. He claims UVA and UNC are not going anywhere anytime soon and that GT bears watching, but nothing is imminent.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:31 pm

What? BC hasn't been preapproved????
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Mike Slive interview:

Q: What did you think about the Big Ten adding Maryland and Rutgers last week (followed this week by the ACC replacing Maryland with Louisville)? Surprised?

A: Well, in this day and age, nothing surprises me. Obviously, my focus is on our league and what’s good for us. We have been very pleased with the addition of A&M and Missouri for lots of different reasons — they’re fine academic institutions; they sponsor broad-based programs; they are committed to being the best they can be; their fans have the same kind of passion and interest in their institutions as ours do. So that’s really where our focus is.

Q: Is there still more conference realignment to come?

A: If you had asked me four or five months ago, I would have thought maybe we were entering an era of stability. But since I can’t speak for anybody else except myself, it’s hard to know. There isn’t anything in this area that surprises me anymore.

Q: Is the SEC entrenched for now at 14 members? Or could you go to 16?

A: We were very comfortable at 12. We were very successful at 12. And when (Texas A&M and Missouri) contacted us and our folks analyzed them … we felt they’d be a good addition. And they are. I think we are comfortable now at 14. But given the vagaries of the world we live in, I would never say never.

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/11/29/qa-with-sec-commissioner-mike-slive-very-supportive-of-atlanta-as-playoff-site/
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 am

HJS {l Wrote}:What? BC hasn't been preapproved????

Only if Notre Dame will co-sign
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Any talk of NC State leaving? Seems like they would be a good fit for the SEC.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

For those saying the Pac-12 doesn't have anywhere to expand:

"In my short three years-plus as commissioner, I've learned to never say never," Scott told media at the Pac-12 Championship on Friday.

Scott said there were two teams the Pac-12 was keeping an eye on — Boise State and San Diego State.

"When we expanded in the past we looked at them because they are prominent schools in the West, with very strong athletics programs, in markets we are not in," Scott said. "There's a lot of criteria that we looked at last time, that I'm sure we'd look at again.

"If we were to look at expanding again, I'm sure both those schools would be on the list. But, we don't have any plans."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/pac-12-not-ready-expand-does-boise-state-184723493--ncaaf.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Can you imagine? They passed on Texas, Oklahoma so they could bring in SDS and BSU???? Seems like a shit trade.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Except it wasn't a simple one for one as you insist. But of course that doesn't feed your agenda and hyperbole.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

I read something sort of interesting earlier. A lot of these rumors (both right MD & Rutgers and wrong FSU Clemson) have come from west virginia fans message board posters, bloggers and twitter accounts.

One of them is thedudeofwv, here is an exchange he had on twitter about why he starts some of these rumors:

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV
think about this ACC - none of this would have happened had you not insulted WVU.

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus22

@theDudeofWV You finally admitted your motivation to the world.

@Mengus22 I did that weeks ago. To sow instability in the ACC & make poaching easier.

It may be conspiracy theoryish of me, but I wonder if this shit pushes the cart in front of the horse? I mean a lot of these schools that are on the border of having expansion options or not (like GT, UVA, MD) are likely acting in large part out of fear of someone else taking their spot at the table. Will our football program die partially because some white trash piece of shit from the worst state in the union lies on twitter?

I'd like you to all join me in hoping that he loses his lower jaw from too much meth and poor hygiene like so many of his friends and neighbors.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'd like you to all join me in hoping that he loses his lower jaw from too much meth and poor hygiene like so many of his friends and neighbors.

Sadly that won't keep him from tweeting unless he's illiterate and relying on Dragon Naturally Speaking.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'd like you to all join me in hoping that he loses his lower jaw from too much meth and poor hygiene like so many of his friends and neighbors.

Sadly that won't keep him from tweeting unless he's illiterate and relying on Dragon Naturally Speaking.

That strikes me as likely
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I read something sort of interesting earlier. A lot of these rumors (both right MD & Rutgers and wrong FSU Clemson) have come from west virginia fans message board posters, bloggers and twitter accounts.

One of them is thedudeofwv, here is an exchange he had on twitter about why he starts some of these rumors:

think about this ACC - none of this would have happened had you not insulted WVU.

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus22

@Mengus22 I did that weeks ago. To sow instability in the ACC & make poaching easier.

It may be conspiracy theoryish of me, but I wonder if this shit pushes the cart in front of the horse? I mean a lot of these schools that are on the border of having expansion options or not (like GT, UVA, MD) are likely acting in large part out of fear of someone else taking their spot at the table. Will our football program die partially because some white trash piece of shit from the worst state in the union lies on twitter?

I'd like you to all join me in hoping that he loses his lower jaw from too much meth and poor hygiene like so many of his friends and neighbors.

I have no doubt a semi-retard from WV will use twitter in a nefarious manner to single-handedly blow up the ACC and ruin BC athletics.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I read something sort of interesting earlier. A lot of these rumors (both right MD & Rutgers and wrong FSU Clemson) have come from west virginia fans message board posters, bloggers and twitter accounts.

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus22

Get the man another Corona, bitch!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 am

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/features/rumors
Scroll down to the 12:18pm entry.

Lol. Could anyone with insider tell us what the whole post says?
Walsh601
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium